It is currently 14 Dec 2017, 12:50

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Wharton R1 | Stanford R1 | Tuck R1 | Ross R1 | Haas R1 | UCLA R1

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation Request...

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 19

GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GRE 1: 326 Q166 V160
GPA: 3.74
Profile Evaluation Request... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2014, 12:01
GPA: 3.74 out of 4 (in a relative grading system, top 5% of my class)

Undergrad from a top university in the country (2011)

Nationality: Pakistani

GRE Score: 326

GMAT: Currently preparing and targeting 730

Work Experience:
2011 to Present (3 Years):
First six months as Management Trainee at a large international soft drink company and received earlier-than-usual promotion.
Rest 2.5 years as Logistics Supervisor (Assistant Mgr Level) at the same company. Expecting a promotion to Manager Level these days.

Co-responsible for managing a budget of around 30 Million USD with six logistics execution teams across the country.

Community Service:

Initiated a social start-up, which was internationally recognized by my company as winner of a social initiative competition from a pool of various projects from ten countries. Currently involved in increasing the scale of the same project.

Volunteering for career counselling and soft-skill training of 9th grade kids in underprivileged areas for the past two years. These days, leading a group of 20 volunteers as school coordinator. I am the youngest school coordinator and also youngest of all the mentors I am leading (their median age is 30 years).

Other Relevant Information

First Generation university student from my family and came from an very underprivileged background and schooling

Extra curriculars
Standard university extracurriculars. Worked a couple of student societies, organized events, built external connections and raised sponsorships

Dream Schools
Top 10 Schools like Harvard, Wharton, Booth, Kellog and Stanford

Thanks for taking the time to read!

Assuming good execution on recommendation and application part, do I stand a chance at these schools? or should I focus on top 20 or second tier schools?

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 19

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep

Kudos [?]: 182 [0], given: 3

Re: Profile Evaluation Request... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2014, 19:14
It's always a good idea to diversify your application pool and depending on the details of your post MBA plan, you could probably achieve it at a variety of top schools. Don't get hung up on the elite 3 - HBS, Stanford, Wharton. Having said that, you could indeed have a shot at these schools if you play your cards right. You have all the core profile characteristics to get their attention, although you are a little light on work experience vs. the average applicant. Assuming you get the promotion you seek, and log another year before matriculation, you will be right at 4 years and right in the sweet spot. Applying this year is a good idea and although international applications are expected to be high this year, being from Pakistan will be an advantage since its largely under-represented at most US schools. if you have the Hb1 visa, it will be a plus especially if you target working in the US at all. Demonstrating you have a clear post MBA plan to the schools and the ability to land a job will be critical. Employability is the number one flaw in international applications to US schools. Let us know if we can help.

Bryant Michaels
Admissions Consultant

Kudos [?]: 182 [0], given: 3

Profile Evaluation Request...

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap