GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 12 Nov 2018, 20:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Mindful MBA

November 13, 2018

November 13, 2018

12:00 PM AST

01:00 PM AST

Join us Nov. 13, 12 PM ET for the Mindfulness Series, Fall 2018 - Energize. The final session of a three-part series.
  • 4 Steps to a 5 Star Recommendation

November 14, 2018

November 14, 2018

09:00 AM PST

10:00 AM PST

Nov. 14, 9 AM PST. Donna Bauman, Senior MBA Admissions Counselor and Lisa Cummings, MBA Admissions Counselor at Stratus have read tens of THOUSANDS of MBA recommendations during their time on top MBA admissions committees.

Kelley Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 630 Q40 V36
GMAT 2: 570 Q32 V37
GMAT 3: 680 Q46 V38
GMAT 4: 710 Q47 V40
GRE 1: Q156 V158
GPA: 3.5
WE: Marketing (Retail Banking)
Re: Kelley Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2018, 05:13
Would anybody like to have a go at analyzing my profile? Below are the details:

Class X: 87%
Class XII: 82%
CGPA: 7.19 (VIT University, B.Tech in Computer Engineering though there are a fair share of backlogs which I successfully cleared within the 4 years)
Best GMAT Score: 710 (Q47 V40 IR 7 AWA 5)

Work Experience: 5.5 years by March 2019 - All in Marketing. The last 4 years of those has been in a pan-Indian Fintech startup, with the last 1.5 years in a Managerial role.

Extracurricular: Ran a Culture Critic portal during my college days, Moderator of an aviation community since 2009, volunteered with Greenpeace India for 6 months in 2017.

Other: Completed a course with Coursera on Engagement & Nurture Marketing

Many thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests
Re: Kelley Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2018, 09:14
Can any Samaritan evaluate my peofile?

Background and nationality: Indian, Male, 27 years
Undergrad Information: Bachelor in Chemical Engineer from Maharaja Sayajirao University, Vadodara, Gujarat, India
GPA: 3.98
GMAT: 690 ( Q49, V35)
Work Experience:
Senior Executive Engineer at Linde Engineering India Pvt Ltd, member of the The Linde Group, World's Leading Gas Distributor
Worked and conducted several meetings with vendor and Client at Munich, Germany (3 months)
Executed a Project as a Lead at South African site ( 2 months) for Afrox
Currently acting as a Lead for 10 billion Euro Shell Monaca Ethylene Complex
Worked with Clients such as Exxon Mobil, Shell, EIL etc. from various regions such as US, Russia, Europe, South Africa etc.
Achievements:
Awarded gold medal for achieving highest aggregate score throughout Engineering
Awarded gold medal for achieving highest score in Elective subjects ( Petroleum and Peteochemical subjects) in Engineering
Awarded gold medal for achieving highest aggregate score in 3rd and 4th year of Engineering
Awarded Silver medal at State level for achieving highest aggregate score in Chemical Engineering
Earned Recognition from Ramkrishna Mission Vivekananda Memorial for achieving all the above listed gold medal
Co-founder of successful NGO called Vadodara Toastmasters Club and of unsuccessful NGO called Linde Toastmasters Club
Served as an Excom at Vadodara Toastmasters Club
Earned Recognition as a Competent Leader by Toastmasters International
Earned several awards as a Best Speaker and as a Participate for supporting the Toastmasters Event
Secured Most Innovative and 2nd Position in Chem car competition at Azeotropy'13 at IIT Bombay
Secured 3rd position at University level Chess Tournament
Active member of Defunct local NGO of stray dogs.
Actively carrying out social services for the stray animals from home
Post MBA goals - short term (Member of Senior Management Team of a Chemical Firm); long term (become CEO / MD of Chemical firm+ start-up an NGO for bringing awareness for the Environmental problems faced by the world + open a plastic recycling plant)
Hobbies: Observing the social behaviour of Wildlife, reading Washington Post, watching WWE

Regards
Daivat

Posted from my mobile device
Admission Consultant
P

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2018, 11:33
daivat21buch wrote:

Undergrad Information: Bachelor in Chemical Engineer from Maharaja Sayajirao University, Vadodara, Gujarat, India
Work Experience:
Senior Executive Engineer at Linde Engineering India Pvt Ltd, member of the The Linde Group, World's Leading Gas Distributor
Worked and conducted several meetings with vendor and Client at Munich, Germany (3 months)
Worked with Clients such as Exxon Mobil, Shell, EIL etc. from various regions such as US, Russia, Europe, South Africa etc.
Achievements:
Awarded gold medal for achieving highest score in Elective subjects ( Petroleum and Peteochemical subjects) in Engineering
Awarded gold medal for achieving highest aggregate score in 3rd and 4th year of Engineering
Awarded Silver medal at State level for achieving highest aggregate score in Chemical Engineering
Earned Recognition from Ramkrishna Mission Vivekananda Memorial for achieving all the above listed gold medal
Co-founder of successful NGO called Vadodara Toastmasters Club and of unsuccessful NGO called Linde Toastmasters Club
Earned several awards as a Best Speaker and as a Participate for supporting the Toastmasters Event
Secured Most Innovative and 2nd Position in Chem car competition at Azeotropy'13 at IIT Bombay
Post MBA goals - short term (Member of Senior Management Team of a Chemical Firm); long term (become CEO / MD of Chemical firm+ start-up an NGO for bringing awareness for the Environmental problems faced by the world + open a plastic recycling plant)
Hobbies: Observing the social behaviour of Wildlife, reading Washington Post, watching WWE

Regards
Daivat

Hi Daivat,

In my opinion, your GMAT score will be on the lower side for Kelley, but it would be a good score for Rice. Your work experience will also be more relevant at Rice ( i see you have posted your profile on the Rice thread as well).

feel free to reach out for a more indepth profile evaluation. you have put a great deal of emphasis here on your extra curricular achievements and slightly lesser on the work related achievements. We think the latter are more relevant from a b-school perspective and would therefore want to know more about them.

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
Call me on my cellphone: +91 9901566772
Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask us for R2 Early Bird Offer

Intern
Intern
B
Kelley Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2018, 08:10
Hi,

I am an Indian Male with an engineering background. I am planning on applying to apply for the Kelley Direct program for Fall 2019. I am looking for a profile evaluation so that I can find the best fit and shortlist schools that I have a chance of getting into. I hope to specialize in Strategic Management. Please evaluate my profile for Kelley.

GMAT: Submitted a waiver request
GPA: 3.6/4 in Post-graduate degree
6.43/10 in Under-graduate degree
Degree: MS (MS in EE from University at Buffalo, SUNY)
B.Tech from Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham in India (8th Best university in India based on NIRF ranking)
Certificates: Master Certificate in System Design and Project Leadership from Cornell University
Experience: 4 years in Automotive industry + 3 yrs in my own startup (overlap of 2 yrs with other work experience) = 5 yrs (by the beginning of the program)
Extracurricular: Team Lead at my company in the team created to improve work-life balance within the company. Captain of Tennis, Drama and Dance team in Undergrad and Part of Dance and Tennis team during Post-graduate degree

Please evaluate my profile so I know if I should try for Kelley or there is no chance of getting an admit at all ?
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2018, 05:22
Hello Namita,

I really appreciate your time and feedback.
I will work upon your recommendations.
regards
daivat

MBADecoder wrote:
daivat21buch wrote:

Work Experience:
Achievements:

Regards
Daivat

Hi Daivat,

In my opinion, your GMAT score will be on the lower side for Kelley, but it would be a good score for Rice. Your work experience will also be more relevant at Rice ( i see you have posted your profile on the Rice thread as well).

feel free to reach out for a more indepth profile evaluation. you have put a great deal of emphasis here on your extra curricular achievements and slightly lesser on the work related achievements. We think the latter are more relevant from a b-school perspective and would therefore want to know more about them.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Kelley Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here &nbs [#permalink] 08 Nov 2018, 05:22

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   [ 45 posts ] 

Kelley Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: abhimahna, Hatakekakashi

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap