Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:36 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 630 Q40 V36
GMAT 2: 570 Q32 V37
GMAT 3: 680 Q46 V38
GMAT 4: 710 Q47 V40
GRE 1: Q156 V158
GPA: 3.5
WE:Marketing (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.98
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Kelley Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi,

I am an Indian Male with an engineering background. I am planning on applying to apply for the Kelley Direct program for Fall 2019. I am looking for a profile evaluation so that I can find the best fit and shortlist schools that I have a chance of getting into. I hope to specialize in Strategic Management. Please evaluate my profile for Kelley.

GMAT: Submitted a waiver request
GPA: 3.6/4 in Post-graduate degree
6.43/10 in Under-graduate degree
Degree: MS (MS in EE from University at Buffalo, SUNY)
B.Tech from Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham in India (8th Best university in India based on NIRF ranking)
Certificates: Master Certificate in System Design and Project Leadership from Cornell University
Experience: 4 years in Automotive industry + 3 yrs in my own startup (overlap of 2 yrs with other work experience) = 5 yrs (by the beginning of the program)
Extracurricular: Team Lead at my company in the team created to improve work-life balance within the company. Captain of Tennis, Drama and Dance team in Undergrad and Part of Dance and Tennis team during Post-graduate degree

Please evaluate my profile so I know if I should try for Kelley or there is no chance of getting an admit at all ?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Re: Kelley Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hello Namita,

I really appreciate your time and feedback.
I will work upon your recommendations.
regards
daivat

MBADecoder wrote:
daivat21buch wrote:
Can any Samaritan evaluate my peofile?

Background and nationality: Indian, Male, 27 years
Undergrad Information: Bachelor in Chemical Engineer from Maharaja Sayajirao University, Vadodara, Gujarat, India
GMAT: 690 ( Q49, V35)
Work Experience:
Senior Executive Engineer at Linde Engineering India Pvt Ltd, member of the The Linde Group, World's Leading Gas Distributor
Worked and conducted several meetings with vendor and Client at Munich, Germany (3 months)
Executed a Project as a Lead at South African site ( 2 months) for Afrox
Currently acting as a Lead for 10 billion Euro Shell Monaca Ethylene Complex
Worked with Clients such as Exxon Mobil, Shell, EIL etc. from various regions such as US, Russia, Europe, South Africa etc.
Achievements:
Awarded gold medal for achieving highest aggregate score throughout Engineering
Awarded gold medal for achieving highest score in Elective subjects ( Petroleum and Peteochemical subjects) in Engineering
Awarded gold medal for achieving highest aggregate score in 3rd and 4th year of Engineering
Awarded Silver medal at State level for achieving highest aggregate score in Chemical Engineering
Earned Recognition from Ramkrishna Mission Vivekananda Memorial for achieving all the above listed gold medal
Co-founder of successful NGO called Vadodara Toastmasters Club and of unsuccessful NGO called Linde Toastmasters Club
Served as an Excom at Vadodara Toastmasters Club
Earned Recognition as a Competent Leader by Toastmasters International
Earned several awards as a Best Speaker and as a Participate for supporting the Toastmasters Event
Secured Most Innovative and 2nd Position in Chem car competition at Azeotropy'13 at IIT Bombay
Secured 3rd position at University level Chess Tournament
Active member of Defunct local NGO of stray dogs.
Actively carrying out social services for the stray animals from home
Post MBA goals - short term (Member of Senior Management Team of a Chemical Firm); long term (become CEO / MD of Chemical firm+ start-up an NGO for bringing awareness for the Environmental problems faced by the world + open a plastic recycling plant)
Hobbies: Observing the social behaviour of Wildlife, reading Washington Post, watching WWE

Regards
Daivat

Posted from my mobile device

Hi Daivat,

In my opinion, your GMAT score will be on the lower side for Kelley, but it would be a good score for Rice. Your work experience will also be more relevant at Rice ( i see you have posted your profile on the Rice thread as well).

feel free to reach out for a more indepth profile evaluation. you have put a great deal of emphasis here on your extra curricular achievements and slightly lesser on the work related achievements. We think the latter are more relevant from a b-school perspective and would therefore want to know more about them.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3
Send PM
Hi, I am planning to apply to ISB and Kelly for the class of 2022, would very much appreciate if someone could evaluate my profile for these schools.

Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Age - 31
Xth- 71%
XIIth - 62%
Undergrad- B.Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering from Asansol Engineering College, affiliated to West Bengal University of Technology
CGPA- 7.5/10
TOEFL- Yet to take
GMAT- Yet to take (suggest the preferred score)
Experience:
I am working in an IT firm (TCS) and have a total experience of ~8.5 Years, including 4.5 Years of client facing experience at a leading pharma company (USA). Over these years I have worked in the capacities of a software developer, team lead and BI consultant, in the domain of life sciences & healthcare.
Extra Curriculars:
Been a part of the student placement cell and tech fest organizing committee.
Been a blood donor for 4 years
An active member of APA (American Pool Association)
Won national children science congress award in school

MBA goal: Switch from my current technical profile to a functional one and join any of the top consulting firms as a business analytics consultant, preferably in the healthcare domain.
Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi Experts!

I'd like to kindly request you for your feedback on my candidacy. Here goes.

Background:
Indian Male
Age 27
GMAT 720
Industry: Consulting (Front end consulting role in one of the largest HR Consulting organizations in the world, typically held by Tier-1 MBA professionals)

Education:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from IIT Delhi (CGPA – 7.0)

Work Experience: Total 4+ years (in india)
Worked for over 2 years in a social sector consulting startup and 1 year in an election campaign strategy firm (a SuperPAC). Working in the strategic HR consulting for last 1 year.

Extra curriculars – Won international competitions and worked on two international projects in Europe. Worked as Coordinator in various campus festivals and a student association club.

Post MBA Goal – Work in MBB strategy consulting firms

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Schools: ISB '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V34
Send PM
Hello All !

Please evaluate my profile and let me know on the chances of getting in

Nationality : Indian
Class X : 93%
CLass 12 : 98%
Btech in Mechanical engineering( JNTU university hyderabad) : 86%
Mtech in BITS Pilani (WILP) : 97.5%
GMAT Score : 710

Overall 6 years of experience in Aerospace manufacturing company " Tata Advanced systems Limited"
3 years in Operations ( Production, Engineering, Tooling)
3 years in Supply chain ( Strategic sourcing team)
Certifications:
Lean six sigma green belt trained and led several projects

Extra curriculars :
Participated in indoor sports and atheltics at school, college and comapny level.
Participated in CSR initiatives from company side.

Post MBA goal:
Leading global supply chain teams across different industries.

Please let me know.

Thanks !

CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
alphacentria wrote:
Hi, I am planning to apply to ISB and Kelly for the class of 2022, would very much appreciate if someone could evaluate my profile for these schools.

Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Age - 31
Xth- 71%
XIIth - 62%
Undergrad- B.Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering from Asansol Engineering College, affiliated to West Bengal University of Technology
CGPA- 7.5/10
TOEFL- Yet to take
GMAT- Yet to take (suggest the preferred score)
Experience:
I am working in an IT firm (TCS) and have a total experience of ~8.5 Years, including 4.5 Years of client facing experience at a leading pharma company (USA). Over these years I have worked in the capacities of a software developer, team lead and BI consultant, in the domain of life sciences & healthcare.
Extra Curriculars:
Been a part of the student placement cell and tech fest organizing committee.
Been a blood donor for 4 years
An active member of APA (American Pool Association)
Won national children science congress award in school

MBA goal: Switch from my current technical profile to a functional one and join any of the top consulting firms as a business analytics consultant, preferably in the healthcare domain.
Thanks!

Hi alphacentria

Hello again. Healthcare and Analytics go well together at Kelley, and your profile is quite suitable. However, please target a GMAT of 700+ (720+ if possible) as competition at Kelley is fierce from international IT applicants.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed or to get in touch directly for a chat.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Sid5050 wrote:
Hi Experts!

I'd like to kindly request you for your feedback on my candidacy. Here goes.

Background:
Indian Male
Age 27
GMAT 720
Industry: Consulting (Front end consulting role in one of the largest HR Consulting organizations in the world, typically held by Tier-1 MBA professionals)

Education:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from IIT Delhi (CGPA – 7.0)

Work Experience: Total 4+ years (in india)
Worked for over 2 years in a social sector consulting startup and 1 year in an election campaign strategy firm (a SuperPAC). Working in the strategic HR consulting for last 1 year.

Extra curriculars – Won international competitions and worked on two international projects in Europe. Worked as Coordinator in various campus festivals and a student association club.

Post MBA Goal – Work in MBB strategy consulting firms

Hello again Sid5050

MBB opportunities would be somewhat limited, but they are certainly there at Kelley. Review your background vis-a-vis your goals and refine a bit. Your profile apart from that is pretty strong. Go ahead.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
SharanyaReddy3006 wrote:
Hello All !

Please evaluate my profile and let me know on the chances of getting in

Nationality : Indian
Class X : 93%
CLass 12 : 98%
Btech in Mechanical engineering( JNTU university hyderabad) : 86%
Mtech in BITS Pilani (WILP) : 97.5%
GMAT Score : 710

Overall 6 years of experience in Aerospace manufacturing company " Tata Advanced systems Limited"
3 years in Operations ( Production, Engineering, Tooling)
3 years in Supply chain ( Strategic sourcing team)
Certifications:
Lean six sigma green belt trained and led several projects

Extra curriculars :
Participated in indoor sports and atheltics at school, college and comapny level.
Participated in CSR initiatives from company side.

Post MBA goal:
Leading global supply chain teams across different industries.

Please let me know.

Thanks !

Looks quite decent for Kelley. You would need to scope out your goal a bit more, as it similar to what you are currently doing.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi

Please evaluate my profile for Kelley

10th : 90.8%
12th : 87.8%
Undergraduate : 7.11/10 ( IIT Kharagpur, Mechanical)

GMAT score : 700

Work Experience : 5+ years

- Started with Hero MotoCorp in operations and worked on Bangladesh Project, setting up a new factory in Bangladesh. Reported directly to Plant Head and developed MIS systems for incumbent factory which proved crucial in improvements in quality and inventory.
- Worked with teams from various departments such as exports, assembly , quality and trained Bangladesh counterparts by preparing Standard Operating Procedures.
- Joined a hyperlocal auto-hailing startup in 2016 as City Manager and took the city from INR 900000 monthly loss to INR 180000 monthly profit in 10 months
- Awarded Best Employee of the quarter and given additional charge of another city. Later on, moved into central operations and then relaunched capital city and headed three business verticals
- Headed pan-India operations for a microfinance firm but the tenure was cut short to three months due to health issues. Though short, was successful in lowering operational costs by centralising logistics and outsourcing operations
- Currently, working as a Product Manager at a Media/Entertainment (music) firm for last 1.5 years. Though have to wear multiple hats , major role revolves around analysing key metrics and come up with business solutions for better website engagement

Extra Curricular Activities
- Diploma holder in Fine Arts
- Awarded Honourable Mention in Fine Arts from IIT Kharagpur
- Awarded Best Fresher and Best Outgoing Senior Boarder during my stay at IIT Kharagpur
- Multiple awards for dramatics, ad-design and podium finishes in Fine Arts and Football
- Mentoring students for placement preparation at one of my friends venture
- Long distance runner : Completed 2 half-marathons and aspiring for a marathon in next 6 months

Why MBA

- Pivot into a Product Management or more of strategic role into a multinational company and be able to understand customer requirements through data insights and come up with more efficient business solutions/processes
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Nationality: Indian
GPA: 6.47/10
Degree: BE Computer Science
Experience:5 year
( 3 year at job and 2 year as entrepreneur)

Official Score: 700 (Q50, V34, AWA5.0)

Work Profile:

Work for a PR company as Asst business manager

Deployed many successful creative marketing idea for various company

Handle all the Social Media Account for Chhattisgarh Chief minister, Health Minister and Home Minister

Work for BJP’s the state and municipal election Chhattisgarh

As Entrepreneur:
Start a food delivery service with a base kitchen which serve 500+ meals daily in the city.

Handle many catering event of where number of guest is more than 10000.

Cater IPL 2016 where public is more than 35000

Extra Curricular: I am a skilled Driver and gives lesson to women to encourage them. More than 60 driver are trained by me

Goals:
Short Term: I want to work in big PR for consultancy Firm.

Long term: Want to start a company.

Weak Point:
Due to some university problem i give my backlog Exam after 2 year and complete my engg in 6 year.

Please tell me which college i should prefer?

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Hi ,
I am an Indian Male with an engineering background. Did my B.E (Computer Science) from Pune University. (62.14 % - First Class)
GMAT : 720 (Q 49 , V 40)
Work Experience : 4 years of work experience as a Software Developer. Made important contributions to projects that I worked in. Led CSR intitatives.
Extra Curricular : Member of Toastmasters from the last 3 years. Have served in leadership positions for two and a half years. Winner of multiple debate and speech contests.
Post MBA Goals : Product Management.
Weakness - IT Background.
What are my chances at Kelly?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
Hi ,
I'm planning to apply to kelley in round 2. Please suggest how well my profile is suitable for kelley.

Nationality- Indian
Gender- Female
Xth- 96%
XIIth - 95%
Undergrad- B.E. in Electronics and communications Engineering with 81%
IELTS : 7
GMAT- 680 ( Q-47, V-36, AWA-5, IR-6)

Work Exp :
1. Have worked for 3 years in IT Industry at Accenture as an analyst.
• Stepped up to lead a three member team in the absence of a team lead to complete a complex migration covering 150 services, 12 APIs and two user portals hosted over 20 servers.
• Conducted over ten knowledge transfer sessions on an application after inheriting it without any handing over support from the predecessors and spending a year making sense and taking charge.
• Developed automated scripts to replace cumbersome and error-prone manual deployment of 150 services, saving the team 100 hours per week.
• Mentored 3 University hires to comprehend business and processes at the company

Volunteer Experience and ExtraCurricular :
• Volunteering at Robbin Hood Army [Sept 2019- Present], Amma Foundation Orphanage[2017 - Present]
• Volunteered at Wild Life Health and Eco Balance Organization[2015]
• Captain of Women’s Cricket Team at Accenture[2018]
• Member of IEEE, IETE student chapters[2013- 2017]
• Interned at Doordarshan[2016] and Electronics Corporation of India Limited[2015]
• Organizer of Samavardhan(Technical Fest) at College [2016]
• Board Member of Leo Club of Yuva [July 2015 - Present]
• Founder of MVSR Water Conservation Club at College

Awards and Recognition:

• Client Recognition Award, for the service and achievement with the client CAQH
• Accenture Excellence Award, for outstanding contribution to client’s business outcomes
• Outstanding Performer Certificate, for industry training at Accenture
• Third place in Armrover, in Technozion at National Institute of Technology Warangal
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 70
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 2.83
Send PM
WORK EXPERIENCE

Rudralife, Kathmandu, Province 3, Nepal
Founder and Owner

• Established a Premium fashion jewelry brand in Nepal; Revenue of over $90,000 p.a.
• Built a customer base of over 10,000 with close to 75% repeat customers; Facebook followers: 300,000+.
• Achieved a rating of 4.3/5 - based on over 440 real reviews - by providing exemplary customer service.
• Managed day-to-day operations of a retail outlet having a team of 8 employees catering 400+ orders a month.
• Spearheaded a door-to-door jewelry marketing campaign for Rudralife by employing a total of 20 women for 6 months; Footfall of 600 in-store and 3500+ online visitors; Conversion to sales over 55%.
• Created a jewelry supply chain by facilitating strategic coordination among logistics of Nepal, China & India, and the Customs department of Nepal.

Hotel Mansarover Pvt. Ltd., Kathmandu, Province 3, Nepal
Intern, HR Department

• Coordinated in the hiring of 15 adept people for various hospitality positions including front-desk staff and housekeepers.
• Formulated an employee retention plan by building a strategy for employee care and bonus programs.
• Resolved up to 16 hotel staffs’ queries and assisted them over 4 months.

OTHER ACTIVITIES & INTERESTS

Gandhi International Mission Nepal (Non-Profit Organization),
Coordinator/Organize
r
• Collaborated with a team of 20 doctors to spread menstrual hygiene awareness among 150+ high-school students across remote locations of Nepal including Syaule bazaar, Sindhupalchok.
• Led a team of 30 individuals in a drive to successfully plant 1000 Rudraksha Trees at the UN house, Patan, Nepal.

Lions Club of Nepal Blue Moon,Mentor
• Mentored a group of 50 individuals to help them gain basic as well as advanced knowledge to effectively serve their communities, meet humanitarian needs and encourage peace.

Reach out to the streets (Initiative), Volunteer

• Empowered over 25 underprivileged yet talented street children by orchestrating a dance competition Step up at Basantapur, Kathmandu, Nepal, and volunteered to raise funds for the same.
Languages: Fluent in English, Nepali, and Hindi.

GMAT 710 (Q48 V38)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Hi I'm looking for a profile evaluation for the full-time 2 year MBA at Kelley starting next year (2022)
Below are details of my profile

Demographic
Indian | Male | Age 25

GMAT
710 (Q49 V39 | IR 6 | AWA 6)

Academics
Under-Graduation: 75.74% (First Division) | Bachelors in Commerce (Honours), Delhi University
12th Grade: 96.75% | Commerce Stream
10th Grade: 9.6 CGPA

Post MBA Goals
Short Term: Marketing & Communication Impact Consulting
Long Term: Set-up my own design and communication consulting organisation

Target Recruiters
IDEO, Dalberg, Bridgespan Group, Ogilvy, Dentsu, Unilever, Frog Design (other similar recruiters, open to your recommendations as well)

Work Experience
Function: Marketing
Tenure: 3.5 years
Industries: Hospitality, Consumer Products & Services, Social Impact
Specialisations: Advertising, Strategy | Additional Exposure: Business Development, General Management

Tenure Details:
July'21 | Tentative Engagement with Malaria No More, India (This is yet to be finalised, but in the pipeline; I'm in the last phase of recruitement and have received a somewhat positive response)
/ Digital Marketing and Communication on their Nation-wide Malaria prevention awareness, treatment, and management Social Behaviour Change Communciation Campaign

December'20-Present | Self-Employed
/ Co-founded social media and website based e-commerce fashion brand 'aurai by dt' (hair accessories) - engaged with an NGO building livelihood of impoverished women through skill building in stiching and tailoring
/ Freelance digital advertising, content strategy, and design solutions consultant to small scale consumer product & service brands

April'20-October'20 | Vihara Innovation Network
/ Marketing and Business Development Associate

June'19-March'20 | Vizara Technologies Pvt. Ltd
November'19-February'20 | Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi
/ Project Associate - International Heritage Symposium and Exhibition 2020

March'18-May'19 | Templatolio Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
/ Client Servicing Associate
/ Client Servicing Analyst

Co-curricular Development
Social Development:
June'20-Present | Rotary International
/ Member of Rotary Club of Delhi South Metropolitan. Taken active participation in monthly virtual meetings and assisted with operational and design solutions for those meetings

January'21-April'21 | Sofia Smart Centre
/ Engaged with this skill development NGO that enables impoverished women through skillbuilding to generate livelihood (for my hair accessories venture)

June'11 | Music Basti
/ Volunteered at the NGO focused on the holistic development of underprivileged children to bolster their personalities through the medium of music

Cultural Development:
September'14-May'17 | Music Society Member, Under-Graduation
/ Performed as member of the society at college annual fest

July'15 | Summer School, London School Of Economics (LSE)
/ Attended Summer School from London School of Economics (LSE) inManagerial Accounting and received 'A' Grade in the assessment examination

April'09-March'14 | Lead Guitarist-School Band, High-School
/ Participated in and won a few music competitions where I represented my school with my band
/ Performed on the opening day of the International PASH (Partners forthe future) German Leaders' youth camp; organised by the DPS Society in association with the Goethe Institute at Max Meuller Bhavan

February'09-January'12 | Rockschool Guitar Examinations
/ Cleared up till grade 4 guitar examinations with distinction; certified by Trinity School of Music, London

July'10-August'10 | Artek - The International Children's Festival, Ukraine
/ Represented India at this UN initiative, held in Ukraine. The festival encouraged cultural interaction and mutual dialogue betweenchildren from a vast variety of countries

Curricular Accomplishments
May'17 | Under-Graduation
/ Passed my undergraduate degree with First-Division

May'14 | Secondary Education
/ Ranked 10th in my high school, in a batch of approximately 1500 people, in the 12th grade CBSE Board Examination
/ Received a Gold Medal and Certificate of Merit for 7 consecutive years (2006–2014) of academic excellence - from my high school, D.P.S. R.K. Puram

Hobbies/Leisure
Watching sports-Cricket, F1, Tennis, Baseball / Electronic Music Production / YouTube Learning / Streaming Platforms / Traveling /Reading

Thanks for your help
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 2.74
Send PM
Background and nationality - Indian male dual degree student (Msc Mathematics and B.E Chemical Engieering) from BITS PILANI, Pilani Campus
Undergrad Information - Very Low CGPA - 6 with one Backlog
GMAT: 720
Work experience and leadership - Worked in Dell Global Analytics for 2 years. Been working with a US-based research and business advisory firm Everest Group for 2 years. Project management experience.
Community and others - Part of internal CSR groups in companies I have worked. Acted as PoC for organizing the team level CSR activities in collaboration with NGOs.
Post MBA goals - Consulting
Anything else?
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello divdevil,

Thank you for your post. Given your low CGPA, your GMAT score should help outweigh this. You can also discuss a lot GPA in the optional essays section. Additionally, given that you come from a competitive applicant pool, differentiating yourself with a high GMAT score is even more important.

Your project management experience will help your profile as well, and you will certainly want to highlight this.

As for your post-MBA goals, consulting is a very common career goal. That said, you want to share how you will make your unique mark. Perhaps you intend to develop a specific area of expertise within the consulting industry. You must go beyond simply stating what position you are hoping to achieve and share your vision for improving this industry.

I would also recommend applying to a range of schools with some "reach," some "target," and some "more likely." Personal MBA Coach also recommends applying to 5 to 8 schools to maximize your chances of success as acceptance rates fall and competition increases.

Feel free to send a note to scott@personalmbacoach.com to discuss your candidacy in more detail. We work with a lot of folks with specialized master's degrees who are applying for an MBA. We would be happy to help you articulate your experience in the context of your applications!

Regards,
Personal MBA Coach

divdevil wrote:
Background and nationality - Indian male dual degree student (Msc Mathematics and B.E Chemical Engieering) from BITS PILANI, Pilani Campus
Undergrad Information - Very Low CGPA - 6 with one Backlog
GMAT: 720
Work experience and leadership - Worked in Dell Global Analytics for 2 years. Been working with a US-based research and business advisory firm Everest Group for 2 years. Project management experience.
Community and others - Part of internal CSR groups in companies I have worked. Acted as PoC for organizing the team level CSR activities in collaboration with NGOs.
Post MBA goals - Consulting
Anything else?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 2.74
Send PM
Hi Scott. Are you saying that current GMAT score is not sufficient? PersonalMBACoach
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4