GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 26 May 2019, 14:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Evaluation Request

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Profile Evaluation Request  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2017, 04:45
Work Experience: 34 Months
24 Months (Hong Kong)
Industry: Import & Export, Trading, Retail
Duties: Purchasing & Billing, Generate sales report via Excel's pivot table, Preparing shipping documents (Invoices, Packing Lists, Delivery Notes), Translation
Project: Translate and proofread product descriptions, website navigation, and terms and conditions
Supervision: Supervise 2 delivery teams and 3 stocking assistants

10 Months (New York State)
Industry: Business Consulting
Duties: Marketing Research & Planning, Web Design & Development (WordPress), Instructional Design
Project: Comparative marketing analysis, social media analysis, website enhancement and content management for a website created by an university professor
Supervision: Supervised 1 summer intern
Awards: Completion of Internship Program and Promotion to Business Coordinator

Academic Profile:
GMAT 700
Cumulative GPA 2.55 & Major GPA 2.76 in BS in Business Administration (1 year of recovery from loss of 2 family members during my sophomore & junior year)
Graduated from Top 100 American University
(Completion of Honors Program in community college)

Addition Coursework/Pre-MBA Preparation:
Coursera Specialization
Entrepreneurship: Launching an Innovative Business (University of Maryland, College Park)

Coursera Certificate
Managerial Accounting: Cost Behaviors, Systems, and Analysis (UIUC at Urbana-Champaign)
Marketing in a Digital World (UIUC at Urbana-Champaign)
Digital Marketing Channels: Planning (UIUC at Urbana-Champaign)
Digital Marketing Channels: The Landscape (UIUC at Urbana-Champaign)
Digital Analytics for Marketing Professionals: Marketing Analytics in Practice (UIUC at Urbana-Champaign)
Digital Analytics for Marketing Professionals: Marketing Analytics in Theory (UIUC at Urbana-Champaign)
Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills (University of Michigan)

Since I am aiming for both admission acceptance & scholarship, following are the realistic universities and programs that I wish to attend:

Target:
Brandeis University: MBA in Data Analytics
Bentley University: MBA & MS in Business Analytics/Marketing Analytics
UConn: MBA in Business Business Analytics and Project Management /Digital Marketing Strategy
Syracuse: MBA & MS in Business Analytics
University at Buffalo: MBA & MS in Business Analytics

Reach:
Boston University: MBA/MSDi
University of Pittsburgh: MBA & MS in Information System
Northeastern University: MBA & MS in Business Analytics
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
S
Re: Profile Evaluation Request  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jun 2017, 04:48
Hey antoniomarc

Thanks for getting in touch. I am impressed with the amount of research you've done into schools. You've put together quite a nice list for yourself, which is great. With your cumulative GPA of 2.55, I'd recommend you do two things:
1. Take HBX Core and do well in it to really prove you can handle the academics.
2. Write an optional essay for each program and explain what happened and why and what you would do differently knowing what you know today.

For your work experience, take a look at our resume guide. https://shop.mbamission.com/products/mb ... sume-guide I say this because I want to make sure you highlight your leadership and management experience. Also, your impact. Less on the admin-y parts like preparing packing lists and creating invoices.

I hope that makes sense!

Krista
B

Show Tags

New post 01 Jul 2017, 06:43
mbaMissionKrista wrote:
Hey antoniomarc

Thanks for getting in touch. I am impressed with the amount of research you've done into schools. You've put together quite a nice list for yourself, which is great. With your cumulative GPA of 2.55, I'd recommend you do two things:
1. Take HBX Core and do well in it to really prove you can handle the academics.
2. Write an optional essay for each program and explain what happened and why and what you would do differently knowing what you know today.

For your work experience, take a look at our resume guide. https://shop.mbamission.com/products/mb ... sume-guide I say this because I want to make sure you highlight your leadership and management experience. Also, your impact. Less on the admin-y parts like preparing packing lists and creating invoices.

I hope that makes sense!

Krista

First, I would like to say thank you for viewing my profile.

1) Is there any other prestigious programs, other than HBX Core, that are more cost friendly?
2) For impact, could you kindly further explain what sorts of impacts do the admission officers expect?
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
S

Show Tags

New post 04 Jul 2017, 03:37
Hi again antoniomarc

So certainly HBX Core is not cheap, but it does signal your seriousness and help mitigate your GPA. It's really my number one choice for you and I want to be clear about that. For people with more targeted issues -- maybe they failed stats but did okay in other quantitative classes -- I often suggest Math for Management, which is part of the Berkeley Haas extension program. Still not cheap but certainly cheaper than HBX Core.

For the impact on your resume, the answer is...it depends. Take a look at our resume guide if you haven't already because it covers this and provides many examples. But in general, think about times where you have helped increase revenue, decrease costs, decrease time spent on something, increased efficiency, etc.

I hope that helps! All the best for your applications.

Krista

Profile Evaluation Request

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mbaMissionKate

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap