GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 06 Jul 2020, 18:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Evaluation Request

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Profile Evaluation Request  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2020, 06:56
Hello!

I’m looking for honest feedback on my candidacy to top 15 MBA programs this upcoming cycle. Mainly looking at Fuqua, Tuck, Haas, MIT. Would love to hear what round would be best to apply in as well.

Education: Top 10 school with 3.9 GPA
GMAT: 690 (planned to retake but since all test centers closed I don’t know if I’ll be able too in time for applications this year. Assuming it stays at this score)
Work Exp by time of school start: 36 months at non-MBB but well known strategy consulting firm
Extracurricular: consulting for small businesses in local area through a NFP organization. 3 experiences so far, working as member of COVID task-force to help keep local biz alive however possible
My driving factor to attend: STEM major in college, looking to build up biz acumen and polish skills with the end goal of starting and running a business that helps and enables local businesses to succeed. I’m a first gen american and most/all of the success of my family comes from others helping in times of need, I want to make it my mission to do the same for those that helped us.

Would truly appreciate any and all advice, thanks in advance.
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
G
Re: Profile Evaluation Request  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2020, 08:40
Hi, and thanks for writing! A few thoughts:

- Given the significant challenge of starting a business, especially right after business school, I nearly always encourage candidates to frame entrepreneurship as a long-term goal. Therefore, think about what type of role you'd want post-MBA (industry/function) that will help prepare you for your eventual venture. So, definitely give this some serious thought
- Since consultants are heavily represented in the applicant pool, I generally advise them to apply in Round 1, when the field is more wide open. That said, for the schools you're targeting, it'll be important to retake GMAT to score a 700+ (preferably 720+, especially for Haas and Sloan) to be competitive. The online test is an option, or hopefully the centers will open later in the summer
- You'll also want to make sure you research each program as much as possible (at this point, virtual events and phone conversations with students/alumni) so that you can communicate in your applications why each one is the best fit for you based on its culture and resources

Hope that helps a bit! :)

jf445 wrote:
Hello!

I’m looking for honest feedback on my candidacy to top 15 MBA programs this upcoming cycle. Mainly looking at Fuqua, Tuck, Haas, MIT. Would love to hear what round would be best to apply in as well.

Education: Top 10 school with 3.9 GPA
GMAT: 690 (planned to retake but since all test centers closed I don’t know if I’ll be able too in time for applications this year. Assuming it stays at this score)
Work Exp by time of school start: 36 months at non-MBB but well known strategy consulting firm
Extracurricular: consulting for small businesses in local area through a NFP organization. 3 experiences so far, working as member of COVID task-force to help keep local biz alive however possible
My driving factor to attend: STEM major in college, looking to build up biz acumen and polish skills with the end goal of starting and running a business that helps and enables local businesses to succeed. I’m a first gen american and most/all of the success of my family comes from others helping in times of need, I want to make it my mission to do the same for those that helped us.

Would truly appreciate any and all advice, thanks in advance.

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Profile Evaluation Request

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mbaMissionKate