GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 06 Jul 2020, 01:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Evaluation Request

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Profile Evaluation Request  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2020, 17:29
Hello,

I am in the process of applying for Emory 2 year full-time MBA program before the final round deadline, and I am hoping to get at least a partial scholarship. But I have a few things on my mind. Firstly let me give some key facts about myself and my professional experience.

Work Experience:
I am a 34 year old Turkish guy, and I have 9 years of of work experience. I worked as a quality engineer in automotive manufacturing for 6 years and and as a process analyst for 3 years -in manufacturing and retail. The only brand company I can name in my resume is Fiat Chrysler. I have worked in large and well-known suppliers as well.

GMAT:
Took it a week ago and scored 710 (Quant:49, Verbal:38). I only had 5 weeks to study before taking the exam, since I am trying to complete a full application before the deadline, and I didn't get very good results in IR and AWA, former being 5 and latter 4.5. I don't know how it will effect my application.

GPA:
This is the weakest point of my application, 2.45 out of 4.0. I had some medical issues in the first 2 years and it had an impact on my GPA but honestly, my 3rd and 4th years weren't great either. I was simply not a very good student and it was almost 1 years ago, I changed.

I am hoping to get admittance with some scholarship but I am not too sure how my age, GPA and overall GMAT score will affect my application. Any feedback and recommendations are welcome.

Thank you!
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
G
Re: Profile Evaluation Request  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2020, 08:14
Hi, and thanks for writing! Unfortunately it's tough to say - while hopefully the admissions committee will take your solid GMAT and career progression, and the fact that college was 10 years ago, into account when evaluating your GPA for admission, I think it would make it tough for a scholarship. Typically, scholarship recipients are above the school's average on both academic metrics, with strong career progression. Also, it's possible that most of the program's scholarship dollars at this point were allocated in prior rounds. On the other hand, more dollars may free up as accepted applicants decline their offers for other schools, and I do imagine that Emory doesn't get many applicants from Turkey, so that could work in your favor. So overall, I wouldn't count on a scholarship, but it isn't 100% out of question either. Hope that helps!

aturkmen wrote:
Hello,

I am in the process of applying for Emory 2 year full-time MBA program before the final round deadline, and I am hoping to get at least a partial scholarship. But I have a few things on my mind. Firstly let me give some key facts about myself and my professional experience.

Work Experience:
I am a 34 year old Turkish guy, and I have 9 years of of work experience. I worked as a quality engineer in automotive manufacturing for 6 years and and as a process analyst for 3 years -in manufacturing and retail. The only brand company I can name in my resume is Fiat Chrysler. I have worked in large and well-known suppliers as well.

GMAT:
Took it a week ago and scored 710 (Quant:49, Verbal:38). I only had 5 weeks to study before taking the exam, since I am trying to complete a full application before the deadline, and I didn't get very good results in IR and AWA, former being 5 and latter 4.5. I don't know how it will effect my application.

GPA:
This is the weakest point of my application, 2.45 out of 4.0. I had some medical issues in the first 2 years and it had an impact on my GPA but honestly, my 3rd and 4th years weren't great either. I was simply not a very good student and it was almost 1 years ago, I changed.

I am hoping to get admittance with some scholarship but I am not too sure how my age, GPA and overall GMAT score will affect my application. Any feedback and recommendations are welcome.

Thank you!

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Re: Profile Evaluation Request  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2020, 08:53
Thank you for your reply Nisha!

I had a few typos in my post, sorry about that. The college experience was actually 15 years ago. I am happy I still have a chance for a scholarship given that there are many applicants postponing their MBA degree due to travelling restrictions.

Cheers!
Alex

Profile Evaluation Request

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mbaMissionKate