Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:41 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy
Schools:Tuck Class of 2012
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 598 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 598 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy
Schools:Tuck Class of 2012
Send PM
Re: Profile evaluation request [#permalink]
Guess you look like Marcellus Wallace.

Thanks a lot for the feedback mate. Very helpful.
About why I'm targeting the big 3 (actually 4. Booz included): I would like to pursue a career in management consulting upon graduation, and MC divisions of the other shops (Accenture, Deloitte,IBM...) simply do not compare to M/B/B. The other firms tend to be more operations/technology consulting focused. Projects with companies that bring in M/B/B tend to involve high level strategy which is precisely what I am interested in. It is not really about the brand name. It's just that I'm not really interested in the implementation side of consulting and would much rather work full-time in strategy.
Which is why I have been selecting schools based on the number of students they pick up in a year. While I know that there is no difference between HBS and Booth to an M/B/B recruiter, schools like Stern which do place students at M/B/B may not have a dedicated relationship with the firms, and hence the chances of my landing a job at the firms is lowered. Fuqua looks promising (placed 24 students full-time in M/B/B last year), Darden less so (9 in Bain, 4 or less in McK or BCG).

The reason I piked HBS and Wharton in my list is because they're brilliant schools and offer great experiences. Do you think it would be a wasted app to apply to either, or is there a chance I might get in with near-pulitzer level essays?

Any advice on how I should split up the rounds for 6-7 schools? I'm already at work on creating my stories for the essays and will start on the essays soon. You think I might be able to crack 5 schools in R1, or is that too much? The opinion I've gathered is that with common demographics (Indian male IT) like mine, one has a better chance of getting in in R1 because the adcom has not yet tired of seeing the nth desi engineer. Also, any opinions on Columbia's ED round?

Thanks again good sir,
Ezekiel2517
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 143 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, VC
Schools:Wharton, LBS, UChicago, Kellogg MMM (Donald Jacobs Scholarship), Stanford, HBS
 Q47  V45
Send PM
ezekiel2517 wrote:
Guess you look like Marcellus Wallace.
Projects with companies that bring in M/B/B tend to involve high level strategy

Let me tell you: it might have been true in the past, it's far from necessarily true nowadays. If you don't want to do implementation, don't go into M/B/B.
GMAT Club Bot