Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 11:03 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 11:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 112 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: CBS '13 (A)
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 340 [1]
Send PM
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [1]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Re: Profile evaluation request for Booth, ucla, ross [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
rulez161 wrote:
I would appreciate an evaluation for Chicago Booth, UCLA, Ross (all in round-3)
If you can hit the 750, certainly all your odds just got a lot rosier.
1)Female Software Engineer (May 2013- May 2016) in Healthcare IT company, Mumbai, India. headqarter-USA. held a few informal leadership positions. "Emerging Star" award, top 5 percentile rating(recommendations will reflect those)
Age 24(will be 25 by May).
2)Current GMAT-710. planning to retake in march.Expected score-750-760
3)Sardar Patel Institute of Technology(S.P.I.T), University of Mumbai(This is among the top engineering colleges in Mumbai but I don't know if adcom will know this?).GPA-4
Major - IT engineering (2009-13)
4)Elected member of placement committee, General Secretary of Student Council, (I come from a small town)Founder of literacy program in my town and led the team of 18 volunteers, volunteer-Maths and English tutor at NGO, Lions club Young Leaders- Gold award for 100+ hours of community service.During engineering days I, along with a team of 4 members ran weekend coaching classes in my town.
5)goal-Social entrepreneurship
However I quit the job in may 2016. prepared for gmat and was involved in volunteer work in my town.I would try not to quit the job because if you don't get in R3 then you have now extended your employment gap significantly and you will not present as well if you do end up applying R1 next year.
WIth strong essays and very solid recommendations from previous supervisors, do I stand a chance at Booth( attended info session)? also at ucla/ross? (all in Round3).
I have also applied to stern(R-3)(attended info session).Could you please evaluate my odds of getting an interview call from stern as well?

Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello!

Greetings from TugBuck!

Your strong point is your score and if you can score 750, like you say you expect, then there will be nothing like it.

However, round 3 is a very fearful place for Indian applicants as most of the seats have been occupied and schools tend to prefer local candidates. Why is it so? If they take you in as an International Candidate, you may not get the required visa in time. This is just one of the many cases.

Nevertheless, we would suggest that with a splendid score like yours, you wait till round one which start in August 2017 and apply in all the schools you please, not just UCLA or Ross.

You can get in touch with us regarding further evaluation on the email address given below.

All the best for your GMAT!
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 340 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hey you have a really nice profile with your expected GMAT and GPA. R3 is really tough tho even for someone like you. You are also a young candidate from a competitive pool so you usually don't want any question marks in your profile when you're applying R3. I would probably avoid Booth R3 but UCLA and maybe Ross might be worth exploring otherwise I would wait till R3. I'm assuming not working is driving this?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 112 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
VeritasPrepDozie wrote:
Hey you have a really nice profile with your expected GMAT and GPA. R3 is really tough tho even for someone like you. You are also a young candidate from a competitive pool so you usually don't want any question marks in your profile when you're applying R3. I would probably avoid Booth R3 but UCLA and maybe Ross might be worth exploring otherwise I would wait till R3. I'm assuming not working is driving this?

Thank you VeritasPrepDozie. appreciate your inputs.
I can't wait till R1 due to personal reasons.
1)Somewhere on blogs it was mentioned that booth had 15% acceptance rate in R3. wondering how? :roll:
2)quitting a good job n not having it at the time of applying.. is it a 'deal breaker' thing?
GMAT Club Bot