Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:10 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 614 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
The Red Pen Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hello,

The Red Pen (https://theredpen.in/) recently conducted a webinar with alumni and current interviewers at INSEAD on what it takes to put a winning INSEAD application together.
Do watch it at the link below and email us at team.mba@theredpen.in to send in your questions or for a free profile evaluation for your INSEAD application.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOyt4lqYDtc
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
muggergammy wrote:
Hi,

I am planning to apply to INSEAD in 2024/25.

Long term goal with MBA is to move into Product/Program Management in the tech industry.

Below is my profile, also how hard is to get placements to post MBA from INSEAD.

GMAT Score: Yet to give

Educational Qualifications:
Graduation: B.Tech in Computer Science from Symbiosis International University (3.55 CGPA).
H.S.C: 86.41%- State Board
S.S.C: 80%- CBSE

Work Experience:
Working as a Business Intelligence professional with over 4.7 years of experience in different fields in designing and implementing analytical
and reporting solutions.

1. Expedia- Data Visualization Engineer 2 (Mar-22 to Present): Working as an Individual Contributor helping create data-based insights for analytics users such as data/product analysts and data scientists for statistical analysis and experimentation purposes.

2. PayPal- Data Engineer 2 (Aug-21 - Mar-22): Working as an Individual Contributor helping create data-based insights for Credit Risk strategy users to help them identify the product performance and metrics to capture risk associated with approving credit to new customers/users. Took a few initiatives to improve the existing process and delivered a few extremely complicated (w.r.t technical implementation) projects which resulted in one Award and multiple recognitions by senior management.

3. ZS Associates- Business Technology Associate Consultant (Apr-19 to Jul-21): Worked as an Individual Contributor/Team Lead for several pharmaceutical clients for Field Sales Analytics and Biosimilar Market Impact Readiness Analysis. Managed a few projects end to end delivery and lead a team of 3-5 folks. Had a few achievements w.r.t project delivery/improvements which made a huge impact and made me a Business Intelligence expert for a particular client and also helped generate more business from the client. Trained junior teammates on technical skill sets and soft skills such as client management, communication, etc.

4. Amdocs- Software Engineering Associate (Aug-17 to Apr-19): Worked as an Individual Contributor to support creating reporting dashboards for several business units of a telecommunication client. Was a regular presenter during client visits Trained new members in the team on the tech stack we were using.

Leadership/Impact Skills:
1. In PayPal, Improved an existing process to reduce turnaround time even though there were no complaints from end-users, which resulted in the idea being hugely applauded across several business units and the improved process replaced the existing process across business units.
2. In ZS Associates, I was the acting lead and tech architect for ensuring end-to-end delivery of BI project where I am responsible for planning, estimating timelines, etc. of the tasks along with delegating them to fellow associates. I am also responsible for training clients on the new tech if the need arises
3. In ZS had the opportunity to influence the senior management, leadership, and clients to convince them that my approach to a particular problem is the right way.
4. In Amdocs, I was responsible for training some of the newly onboarded team members and deligating a couple of tasks to them.

Professional Certificates:
1. Qlik Sense Data Architect
2. Scrum Master

Extra-Curricular:
1. Acted in a dramatic skit in office annual event.
2. Participated in a robotics workshop during my Graduation and secured 1st position got an opportunity to take part in the finals conducted by IIT Delhi, but couldn't attend as some of the team members were not willing to travel.
3. Conducted a Cloud Computing workshop as a member of Google Club. (Do not have a certificate for that)
4. Conducted the induction session for the first year during my final year in graduation
5. Attend a telecom conference in 2013 where different telco leaders presented their insights on net neutrality and the rise of the 4G.

International Exposure:
No international exposure, but in my current firm I have traveled to domestic offices as I was working on a few projects with the other office team

Reason for Short Stint at PayPal-
The roles and responsibilities were quite different from the original Job Description and the team culture was quite toxic.

Hi muggergammy , hope you are good.
Looks like you have built a strong foundation professionally and gathered experience in a multitude of roles across companies, mostly in data analytics and tech implementation which would help you to get into core product management roles post MBA. I like that you have a couple of fancy brand names on your resume, so if you portray your learnings and achievements effectively, you could really step up your game plan for targeting top global B Schools.

What I feel remains missing in your career trajectory is the lack of opportunity to demonstrate your true leadership potential in a diverse set up. I think you are someone who would be very open to taking up new challenges, learning new skills and gathering new experiences. I would like to see you transition from "an individual contributor" (that you mention repeatedly) into a leader who drives the show with his influence on peers and seniors. You may have developed really strong analytical skills over the years since it is your area of expertise, however, to be able to drive large scale impact as a product manager you should now also focus on developing your people skills.

Over the next 1-2 years, scout for opportunities where you could get exposure to working in a multinational team. Possibility of getting an opportunity abroad- I say go for it!
On the extra curriculars, is there something you have felt passionately about, but you put it on the back-foot to prioritize your education and professional growth?- I say now is the time to invest in your interests and explore possibilities if you wish to show to the schools what you are truly capable of. ~5 years is a long duration to have worked professionally, therefore, if you are serious about your INSEAD goal do what you can to fill the gaps in your experience before you apply.

I you wish to get some professional guidance do reach out.
Regards

Originally posted by MBAGuide on 15 Mar 2022, 08:34.
Last edited by MBAGuide on 16 Mar 2022, 03:41, edited 1 time in total.
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Expert Reply
muggergammy wrote:
Hi,

Long term goal with MBA is to move into Product/Program Management in the tech industry.

Below is my profile, also how hard is to get placements to post MBA from INSEAD.

Graduation: B.Tech in Computer Science from Symbiosis International University (3.55 CGPA).

Work Experience:
Working as a Business Intelligence professional with over 4.7 years of experience in different fields in designing and implementing analytical
and reporting solutions.

1. Expedia- Data Visualization Engineer 2 (Mar-22 to Present): Working as an Individual Contributor helping create data-based insights for analytics users such as data/product analysts and data scientists for statistical analysis and experimentation purposes.

2. PayPal- Data Engineer 2 (Aug-21 - Mar-22): Working as an Individual Contributor helping create data-based insights for Credit Risk strategy users to help them identify the product performance and metrics to capture risk associated with approving credit to new customers/users. Took a few initiatives to improve the existing process and delivered a few extremely complicated (w.r.t technical implementation) projects which resulted in one Award and multiple recognitions by senior management.

3. ZS Associates- Business Technology Associate Consultant (Apr-19 to Jul-21): Worked as an Individual Contributor/Team Lead for several pharmaceutical clients for Field Sales Analytics and Biosimilar Market Impact Readiness Analysis. Managed a few projects end to end delivery and lead a team of 3-5 folks. Had a few achievements w.r.t project delivery/improvements which made a huge impact and made me a Business Intelligence expert for a particular client and also helped generate more business from the client. Trained junior teammates on technical skill sets and soft skills such as client management, communication, etc.

4. Amdocs- Software Engineering Associate (Aug-17 to Apr-19): Worked as an Individual Contributor to support creating reporting dashboards for several business units of a telecommunication client. Was a regular presenter during client visits Trained new members in the team on the tech stack we were using.

1. In PayPal, Improved an existing process to reduce turnaround time even though there were no complaints from end-users, which resulted in the idea being hugely applauded across several business units and the improved process replaced the existing process across business units.
2. In ZS Associates, I was the acting lead and tech architect for ensuring end-to-end delivery of BI project where I am responsible for planning, estimating timelines, etc. of the tasks along with delegating them to fellow associates. I am also responsible for training clients on the new tech if the need arises
3. In ZS had the opportunity to influence the senior management, leadership, and clients to convince them that my approach to a particular problem is the right way.
4. In Amdocs, I was responsible for training some of the newly onboarded team members and deligating a couple of tasks to them.

2. Scrum Master

Extra-Curricular:
2. Participated in a robotics workshop during my Graduation and secured 1st position got an opportunity to take part in the finals conducted by IIT Delhi, but couldn't attend as some of the team members were not willing to travel.
3. Conducted a Cloud Computing workshop as a member of Google Club. (Do not have a certificate for that)
4. Conducted the induction session for the first year during my final year in graduation
5. Attend a telecom conference in 2013 where different telco leaders presented their insights on net neutrality and the rise of the 4G.

International Exposure:
No international exposure, but in my current firm I have traveled to domestic offices as I was working on a few projects with the other office team

The roles and responsibilities were quite different from the original Job Description and the team culture was quite toxic.

Hello muggergammy,

Thanks for writing in.

Good to see that you have some time at hand to work on your profile.

Here is what we suggest:
-Get a good GMAT score: 740 and upwards would be competitive.
-Avoid any further job switches. You already have a number of them (despite valid reasons) and schools generally like to see more stable profiles.
-Attempt to find a role in your current company that gives you international exposure. INSEAD generally prefers students with strong international/entrepreneurial experience.
-Try and get further leadership experience on the professional front as well as the extra-curricular front. Participation in extra-curricular activities alone does not help much. We need to showcase greater impact.

Considering we have time, each of the above is largely workable and will surely add to your chances.

Good luck!
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi muggergammy,

Thanks for your post.

First of all, I would like to highlight that you did build a good profile in terms of work experience, GPA, and Professional Certificates. So kudos for that! Now coming to your GMAT, since you do have time at hand, you need to understand that you belong to an over-represented pool; the competition is fierce; hence targeting a 730-740+ will definitely maximize your chances at INSEAD.

Regarding your work experience, I can see that you do have a good amount of experience and have enlisted some reputed companies which would definitely help step up your game; all you need to do is portray the difference in the work environment, roles & responsibilities, skill-set, and professional accolades in a more quantized manner. Moreover, try to get international exposure in your role since INSEAD prefers candidates with strong international experience/exposure.

Looking at your ECAs, I would suggest remodeling it since participation in a task alone does not help much; you need to be energetically involved in the activity to enforce a sustained impact! So get involved, mention the challenges faced, the impact generated, and crucial leadership examples to revamp your ECAs.
Moreover, other than academic and professional sessions, explore possibilities in social work since they add much value to your profile by characterizing your sense of social justice! Also, considering your post-MBA goal, you can refer to an article on MBA in product management. This would most certainly help clear any doubts and at the same time help understand the multi-dimensional role in Product management.

All in all, you do have a strong professional foundation and have gathered enough experience in data analytics & tech implementation, which definitely align with your post-MBA goals. You do have time, try to fill the gaps in your international experience ECAs, explore more opportunities to demonstrate your true leadership potential, and align your profile with the School values in order to drive an impact with the adcom. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further chances to the schools. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Webinar on how to tackle your MIM Application for R3 and later rounds

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Profile Analyst & Channel Manager, MBA and Beyond
Website|Blogs|Testimonials|GMATclub Reviews
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

muggergammy wrote:
Hi,

Work Experience:
and reporting solutions.

2. Scrum Master

Extra-Curricular:

International Exposure:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Bookmarks
Hi Experts,

My heartfelt thanks in advance for taking out time to evaluate my profile.

Target colleges: 1- Insead, 2 – Yale, 3 – Harvard, 4 – MIT Sloan

I plan to apply for August 2023 intake for the above colleges my profile is as under:

Category: Indian – Male – 29 Yrs
Undergrad: B.Sc in Physics from Regional University
CGPA – 7.1/10
GMAT – 730

Work Experience: Total – 96 Months

Experience – 1: Built a startup in ed-tech space to simplify and enhance the learning experience of kids through 3D printing and modeling. Ran the startup for 11 months and shut shop as we couldn’t raise funds.

Experience – 2: (Four promotions in a span of 6 years)

•Joined a Fortune 200 Bank in India as the youngest officer (Selection Rate of 0.2%). Youngest officer to be selected for the Executive Leadership Program.
•Elevated as the youngest Branch Manager and was responsible for the growth/management of a under developed rural branch with total revenue of INR 60 million. Led a team of 8 and steered the branch from being on the verge of shutting down to receiving an accolade as the best branch in the State.

Elevated as Manager: (Span: Two Years) – Leadership Role
Awarded as the best Branch Manager in the state for creating social impact by enabling financial inclusion for more than 3000 tribal families thereby bringing them under the purview of traditional banking channel and enhancing the credit access to these tribal’s and farmers.
•Impacted their lives by reducing the effect of middlemen by 70% resulting in a 20% growth in per capita income of these families.

Elevated as Senior Manager: (Span: 1.5 Year) – Leadership Role
•Promoted as Senior Manager, Strategy and Executive Assistant to the Chief General Manager of the State.
•Led a team of 25 for implementation of social impact policies like financial inclusion, credit outreach etc… to rural and under privileged people on a pilot basis in a state with more than 2000 branches.

Elevated as Senior Manger & Dealer, Forex Markets (Selection rate of 0.6%) – Leadership Role
•Lead the forex team of 6 and responsible for coordinating with stakeholders from 8 different counties. (Although I haven’t travelled abroad, this role demands advanced levels of interaction and coordination with people of different countries and cultures)

Extra Curricular Activities:
•Lead the Directorate of my State with a team of 18 as Senior Cadet Captain in National NCC Events.
•Actively participated in National Events in National Cadet Corps during college.
•Launched the social media team of the Bank at State Level to address various challenges faced by the clientele.

Post MBA Goals:

•Short term – Would like to work in Consulting
•Long term – Entrepreneurship.
Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
NeelKD:

You have a great profile. A few thoughts:

(1) Your career goal needs to be much more defined. Consulting and Entrepreneurship are buzzwords and somewhat overplayed paths. If you are going to go down that trajectory for your essays, make sure you approach them with an appropriate amount of specificity and uniqueness to you.

(2) How much of your extracurricular activity list is recent? You probably have enough here, but if they're somewhat outdated (going back to college) you may need to build that out with the time you have left prior to applying.

(3) Yale and INSEAD feel like good targets. Harvard and MIT Sloan will be reaches, but that's the case for most candidates, especially those coming from competitive demographic categories.

If you would like to chat offline, please reach out for a free consultation using the link below:

https://admissionado.com/free-consultation/
SVP
SVP
Send PM
NeelKD wrote:
Hi Experts,

My heartfelt thanks in advance for taking out time to evaluate my profile.

Target colleges: 1- Insead, 2 – Yale, 3 – Harvard, 4 – MIT Sloan

I plan to apply for August 2023 intake for the above colleges my profile is as under:

Category: Indian – Male – 29 Yrs
Undergrad: B.Sc in Physics from Regional University
CGPA – 7.1/10
GMAT – 730

Work Experience: Total – 96 Months

Experience – 1: Built a startup in ed-tech space to simplify and enhance the learning experience of kids through 3D printing and modeling. Ran the startup for 11 months and shut shop as we couldn’t raise funds.

Experience – 2: (Four promotions in a span of 6 years)

•Joined a Fortune 200 Bank in India as the youngest officer (Selection Rate of 0.2%). Youngest officer to be selected for the Executive Leadership Program.
•Elevated as the youngest Branch Manager and was responsible for the growth/management of a under developed rural branch with total revenue of INR 60 million. Led a team of 8 and steered the branch from being on the verge of shutting down to receiving an accolade as the best branch in the State.

Elevated as Manager: (Span: Two Years) – Leadership Role
Awarded as the best Branch Manager in the state for creating social impact by enabling financial inclusion for more than 3000 tribal families thereby bringing them under the purview of traditional banking channel and enhancing the credit access to these tribal’s and farmers.
•Impacted their lives by reducing the effect of middlemen by 70% resulting in a 20% growth in per capita income of these families.

Elevated as Senior Manager: (Span: 1.5 Year) – Leadership Role
•Promoted as Senior Manager, Strategy and Executive Assistant to the Chief General Manager of the State.
•Led a team of 25 for implementation of social impact policies like financial inclusion, credit outreach etc… to rural and under privileged people on a pilot basis in a state with more than 2000 branches.

Elevated as Senior Manger & Dealer, Forex Markets (Selection rate of 0.6%) – Leadership Role
•Lead the forex team of 6 and responsible for coordinating with stakeholders from 8 different counties. (Although I haven’t travelled abroad, this role demands advanced levels of interaction and coordination with people of different countries and cultures)

Extra Curricular Activities:
•Lead the Directorate of my State with a team of 18 as Senior Cadet Captain in National NCC Events.
•Actively participated in National Events in National Cadet Corps during college.
•Launched the social media team of the Bank at State Level to address various challenges faced by the clientele.

Post MBA Goals:

•Short term – Would like to work in Consulting
•Long term – Entrepreneurship.

Hi NeelKD , congratulations you have a great profile especially for INSEAD and Yale. :)

For me your startup experience and stint in financial inclusion for bottom of pyramid schemes is the highlight of your profile.
I encourage you to apply for round 1 to maximize your chances for scholarships. INSEAD of late has not been giving much weightage to post MBA goals question (they have also reduced the word limit to a sharp 100 words) as the school is quite accepting of the fact that plans can evolve over the course of intense INSEAD program. Showcasing your long term vision through motivational essays would help tie the narrative together. If you are targeting entrepreneurship in the long term be specific about the problems you have seen through your work and elaborate on what do you wish to do about these problems as an entrepreneur. It is best that you dive deeper into skills that you expect to learn in the mid term, which would help you to solve a larger problem in the long term(your long term vision). Diversity and community initiatives are big at these schools therefore make sure you have plethora of examples to demonstrate a well rounded profile.

If you wish to seek guidance on how to put together a compelling application as an Indian applicant do reach out.

Best wishes
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools: ISB '24 (A$$)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 2.8
Send PM
Hi,
Request a profile evaluation for me. I need to understand whether my profile is competitive enough and which colleges should I be targetting.

Target Colleges - ISB (PGP),IIM - A (PGPX), INSEAD, HEC Paris , Oxford and any other 1 year MBA Programs

Academics
Class X - 89.4%
Class XII ( Science) - 89.6%
B.Arch IIT Roorkee - 7.067/10 cgpa. Batch Topper was 8.9, I think.

GMAT - 740 ( Q50 V40)

Work Experience - 108 months

Not sure where to bucket this, but I had quit my corporate job to work in the waste management sector. I am a Swachtha Saarthi Fellow '22 under the aegis of the Office of the Principal Scientific Advisor of India for our waste management work in Sikkim.

FOUNDER & CEO, VOYAGE Gangtok, Sikkim (March’18 – to date)
• Turnkey solution advisory to Gangtok Military Station for Zero Waste Management.
    o Installed decentralized wet and dry waste units across 500 acres military area
    o Treating 700 tons of waste annually; leading to cost savings of Rs 10 lakh per annum for client
    o Conducted focussed group discussions for 7,000 residents
    o Had played a key role for Gangtok Cantonment, getting the award of “Best Green Military Station” amongst all Cantonments of India
• Established 2 tons per day Dry Waste Collection and Processing Centre in association with Gangtok Municipal Corporation.
    o Generating a revenue of Rs 1.2 Crore per annum.
    o Managing a team of 5 executives and a group of 50 ragpickers to support dry waste collection and managing Unit.
    o Raised Rs 5 million as debt financing to run daily operations
• Awarded most innovative business model across North East in NERES 1.0 Business Plan competition
• Product designing and Marketing support for tribal bamboo artisans; providing additional secured income of ~Rs 10 Lakhs per annum to bottom of pyramid workers
• Installed small-scale Paper Recycling Plant; raised micro entrepreneur, selling products to clients like various Govt Department/local businesses/general public

FOUNDING TRUSTEE, PANY FOUNDATION NGO Gangtok, Sikkim (March’18 – to date)
• Supporting 100+ bottom of pyramid ragpickers and their families with ration during Covid-19 lockdowns.
• Conducting half yearly Health & Vaccination Camps for ragpickers at Gangtok landfill since 2018
• Community engagement via clean-ups and workshops;
• Active YouTube channel/media channels to spread awareness about waste; >10,000 cumulative viewers on social media

SENIOR OPERATIONS MANAGER, SAAHAS ZERO WASTE Bangalore (May’17 – Dec’17)
• Restructured and optimised logistics network, leading to operational savings of 13% per month
• Increase Client Waste Pickup reliability by 125%
• Recommended steps to increase efficiencies of units; increase of dry waste processing rates by 5%;
• Established processes to streamline consumables procurement and supply; ensured zero shortage at units; identified savings of nearly Rs 5 Lakh per month via vendor reacquisition

BUSINESS ANALYST, ZS ASSOCIATES Pune (Nov’14 – Nov’16)
• Segmented key customer accounts across the entire health care ecosystem to serve as the foundation for developing a portfolio-wide, account-based go-to-market strategy.
• Designed optimal resource allocation plans based on brand strategy for multiple sales forces leveraging segmentation and promotion response techniques for the planning of a new product launch

STRATEGIC CONSULTING EXECUTIVE, JONES LANG LASALLE ( JLL ) Hyderabad (Aug ’13-Oct’14)
• Performed valuation studies for Real Estate Developers and Government Bodies.

SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS
• Advanced Excel, SQL, SAS, GHG Warm Modeller
• LEED Green Associate - USGBC
• IRCA Certified ISO 14001 Lead Auditor - BSI

EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
Competent Leader and Active Member at Toastmasters Club International 2016 to date
Coordinator - CHAOS ( online gaming festival of IIT Roorkee - which is also my hobby. Raised sponsorship from Alienware and conducted a 3 day gaming event)
Member, Literary Section, IIT Roorkee 2008-2012
Member, Himalayan Explorers Club, IIT Roorkee 2008-2012

Post MBA Roles - Investing/Consulting
Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
PritamPany:

From a statistics standpoint, you are in a good position. Your GMAT is solid and your grades are excellent. The issues in your profile are elsewhere:

(1) Your ECs feel very thin and some of them are quite dated.

(2) You are on the older side for full-time MBA candidates but you should be fine. There's nothing you can do about it, but it's important to know that it MIGHT work against you.

(3) You need to fix your career goals. Investing/consulting is very vague and commonplace. Your essays need to capture specific and unique/true to your goals. If not, your entire application will become too generic which is something you must avoid at all costs given that you come from a competitive demographic.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
PritamPany wrote:
Hi,
Request a profile evaluation for me. I need to understand whether my profile is competitive enough and which colleges should I be targetting.

Target Colleges - ISB (PGP),IIM - A (PGPX), INSEAD, HEC Paris , Oxford and any other 1 year MBA Programs

Academics
Class X - 89.4%

GMAT - 740 ( Q50 V40)

Not sure where to bucket this, but I had quit my corporate job to work in the waste management sector. I am a Swachtha Saarthi Fellow '22 under the aegis of the Office of the Principal Scientific Advisor of India for our waste management work in Sikkim.

• Turnkey solution advisory to Gangtok Military Station for Zero Waste Management.
    o Installed decentralized wet and dry waste units across 500 acres military area
    o Treating 700 tons of waste annually; leading to cost savings of Rs 10 lakh per annum for client
    o Had played a key role for Gangtok Cantonment, getting the award of “Best Green Military Station” amongst all Cantonments of India
• Established 2 tons per day Dry Waste Collection and Processing Centre in association with Gangtok Municipal Corporation.
    o Managing a team of 5 executives and a group of 50 ragpickers to support dry waste collection and managing Unit.
• Awarded most innovative business model across North East in NERES 1.0 Business Plan competition
• Product designing and Marketing support for tribal bamboo artisans; providing additional secured income of ~Rs 10 Lakhs per annum to bottom of pyramid workers
• Installed small-scale Paper Recycling Plant; raised micro entrepreneur, selling products to clients like various Govt Department/local businesses/general public

• Supporting 100+ bottom of pyramid ragpickers and their families with ration during Covid-19 lockdowns.
• Conducting half yearly Health & Vaccination Camps for ragpickers at Gangtok landfill since 2018
• Active YouTube channel/media channels to spread awareness about waste; >10,000 cumulative viewers on social media

• Restructured and optimised logistics network, leading to operational savings of 13% per month
• Recommended steps to increase efficiencies of units; increase of dry waste processing rates by 5%;
• Established processes to streamline consumables procurement and supply; ensured zero shortage at units; identified savings of nearly Rs 5 Lakh per month via vendor reacquisition

• Segmented key customer accounts across the entire health care ecosystem to serve as the foundation for developing a portfolio-wide, account-based go-to-market strategy.
• Designed optimal resource allocation plans based on brand strategy for multiple sales forces leveraging segmentation and promotion response techniques for the planning of a new product launch

STRATEGIC CONSULTING EXECUTIVE, JONES LANG LASALLE ( JLL ) Hyderabad (Aug ’13-Oct’14)

SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS

Competent Leader and Active Member at Toastmasters Club International 2016 to date
Coordinator - CHAOS ( online gaming festival of IIT Roorkee - which is also my hobby. Raised sponsorship from Alienware and conducted a 3 day gaming event)

Hi PritamPany , I really like your profile and I feel you have a strong chance of getting invites to interviews from all of your target schools. Glad to see a solid GMAT score on someone who has almost a decade of professional experience. Your work experience in healthcare, waste management and sustainability domain is certainly unique for an Indian applicant. Fellowship under Office of the Principal Scientific Advisor of India is prestigious and sets you apart as a high achiever.

Needless to say that a strong narrative that highlights your leadership skills, diversity and community initiatives, academic inclination and ability to contribute to the program will get you through the shortlisting round. I am not too concerned about your ECs as your work in impact enterprise speaks tons about your well rounded personality and unique vision.

However you must really think through your goals to be able to convince the ad com about what you really wish to get out of the MBA program and how an MBA would help you become more successful and impactful than your currently are. Talk to alums from these colleges or potential recruiters working in the similar fields to understand about the opportunities post MBA. Think big! If you plan to forego consulting goals and remain in the impact sector you could also target free ship given to students at INSEAD who plan to work in the impact domain immediately after MBA. If you are eager to pursue consulting in the mid term, be specific about the kind of work you wish to do as a consultant so that you can better equip yourself with skills that would help you attain your aspirational and inspirational goals in the long term.

If you wish to seek professional guidance on your application strategy do reach out.
Best wishes
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi, PritamPany,

Thanks for your post!

First, I would like to congratulate you on backing a 740 in your GMAT; that’s quite extraordinary. Also, you do have a decent overall CGPA, so that won’t be a problem for you. Moreover, you have a ton of relevant work experience and sure would make a strong candidate for both MBA and EMBA. Hence, first, I would like to understand your stand on EMBA as it seems more accurate according to your current situation. Moreover, with experience in such diverse domains, you won’t be short on leadership examples. Hence, I would suggest that you go through our blog, Top Executive MBA Programs.This would most certainly help clear any doubts and at the same time help understand all about top EMBA programs!

Now coming to your work experience, I would say it takes a lot to quit your job and work for community initiatives, so definitely, it portrays your strong narrative as someone willing to take risks for a better world. Moreover, a fellowship under the aegis of the Office of the Principal Scientific Advisor of India is something that would help you stand out from the crowd. Furthermore, with work experience like this, your actions dictate your vision and character. The only thing you must work on is connecting your experience with your post-MBA goals, as you would need to convince the adcom; why do you think your future goals make sense? investing/consulting is a very generic target; hence, you would need to add more value to your goals by aligning it with how an MBA would help you achieve your goals and become more impactful in the industry, your aspirations regarding it, and the impact you dream of creating.

All in all, I would say that statistically speaking, your profile is extraordinary. You have a good chance of getting into the schools you mentioned. You just need to work on connecting dots and form a network interlinking your goals, experience, skill-set, and accolades in your B-School essays to mesmerize the adcomIf you’d like to get a more detailed analysis of your profile regarding ISB (PGP), IIM - A (PGPX), INSEAD, HEC Paris, Oxford, and any other one year MBA Programs, feel free to book a free session with us at your convenience.

Check out our upcoming events and sign up for the session that interests you.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
]Profile Analyst & Channel Manager, MBA and Beyond
]Testimonials

PritamPany wrote:
Hi,

Academics
Class X - 89.4%

GMAT - 740 ( Q50 V40)

SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hi guys,

May I please have a profile evaluation? Thanks in advance!

Demographics: Chinese based in Hong Kong / Male

Round: Jan 2023 intake

GMAT: 710

GPA: 3.3/4 (Master, CUHK Business School) 3.3/4 (Bachelor, a top Chinese University)

Employer: Credit Suisse (1 year) Credit Lyonnais Securities Asia ( 3 years)

Roles: Senior Investment banking Analyst covering APAC tech and healthcare, IPO/M&A/Placements (will be promoted to associate by 2022 year end)

Post MBA target : Tech companies European office ( M&A / Strategy development)

International Experience: 4 years work experience in Hong Kong and completed multiple multinational deals

Extra Languages: Mandarin (Native) Cantonese (Fluent) French (Elementary)

Extracurricular activities:
Cycling (1,800km cycling trip in Tebet within one month)
Bartending (attended 2-month cocktail school in Hong Kong)
Business Club in college(VP in local chapter of an international finance club, Cooperared with BNP Paribas to promote its Ace Manager business competition during my undergraduate study. Awarded as the top 10% superior chapter by the global headquarters)

Concerns:
1. Seems asian finance guy is of overpresented group?
2. Limited management experience considering my we. I just provide guidance to junior analysts and interns in our team.
Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
Neagroni:

INSEAD is not out of the question but it'll be a reach based on your profile.

Even if that is the case, you can't change your nationality/ethnicity. You need to focus on what you believe makes you different in your personal and professional life. People are not just a reflection of their biographical makeup.

2. Limited management experience considering my we. I just provide guidance to junior analysts and interns in our team.

That's not a requirement for admission to INSEAD. Pointing to examples of leadership, even if minor (as you note with your subordinates), is fine. It's more about what you accomplish in the roles you have held.

If I were you, I would focus more on your extracurricular actvities. While you have some interesting hobbies, they are not going to meet the bar for what MBA programs, such as INSEAD, look for in terms of leadership and impact.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Neagroni wrote:
Hi guys,

GPA: 3.3/4 (Master, CUHK Business School) 3.3/4 (Bachelor, a top Chinese University)

Roles: Senior Investment banking Analyst covering APAC tech and healthcare, IPO/M&A/Placements (will be promoted to associate by 2022 year end)

International Experience: 4 years work experience in Hong Kong and completed multiple multinational deals

Business Club in college(VP in local chapter of an international finance club, Cooperared with BNP Paribas to promote its Ace Manager business competition during my undergraduate study. Awarded as the top 10% superior chapter by the global headquarters)

Concerns:

Hi Neagroni , your profile does not seemingly have any weak points but it does not have anything exceptional either that would make the admissions committee want to get to know you in person after reading the above brief you provided. Therefore focus on highlighting the most unique aspects of your profile - work experiences / personal experiences to increase the odds of success. What I feel could work in your favor is that you are on the lower side of the age spectrum at INSEAD and therefore you could portray yourself as someone who has handled a lot of responsibilities at a young age (personal or professional depending on your story). You have been living in HK and have experience dealing with international stakeholders. Reflect on the experiences where you took initiatives to resolve a conflict within teams, motivated co-workers and subordinates to expedite projects, and generated impact on business in terms of $$ through cost savings or revenue generation. INSEAD is big on community and diversity initiatives. An experience where you too participated in community work would show the strength of your character. Do refer to my write up here for some ideas on how you could think about community work

https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-put-t ... l#p2943926

INSEAD evaluates applicants on the following 4 aspects. Make sure you come through as exceptional on each one:
1. Academic Motivation
2. Ability to contribute
3. International Motivation
4. Leadership potential

If you wish to seek professional guidance do reach out
Best wishes
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Neagroni,

Thanks for your post!

First of all, I would like to say that you do have a decent GMAT score as well as a good overall GPA. Now coming to your profile, you do have an appropriate amount of work experience; however, you need to add more information about your role, critical projects, professional accolades, and any examples of leadership. It would help if you focused on adding information that would make your profile unique and help you stand above the crowd to increase the odds of success.

Now, since you are someone targeting INSEAD, you need to align your profile with the INSEAD school values of leadership potential, ability to contribute to the community, international experience, and academic brilliance. Moreover, since you are from an overrepresented group, you need to focus on making your profile different in terms of personal & professional accolades and characterize yourself as someone willing to take risks to do something apart from the general queue.

Regarding your ECAs, you need to add more about community work and volunteering services to showcase your sense of social justice and inclusive development. Also, since you have experience in various fields due to your ECAs, add relevant skill-set developed, challenges faced, lessons learned, and personality developed through them.

All in all, I would say you do have a decent profile with no such weak points; you don’t need to exaggerate on having management experience, as what INSEAD cares about is what contribution you have made even in your limited role. However, that’s not all; you need to work on making it unique by connecting dots to your work experience, ECAs, professional and personal accolades to form a network of examples that would mesmerize the adcom. If you’d like to get a more detailed analysis of your profile regarding INSEAD, and any other one year MBA Programs, feel free to book a free session with us at your convenience.

Check out our upcoming events and sign up for the session that interests you.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Profile Analyst & Channel Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials

Neagroni wrote:
Hi guys,

Concerns:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
GPA: 3.5
WE:Business Development (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
Hello,

Thanks for starting this thread! I am decided to start application for an MBA (preferably in Europe, but I am open to consider other locations). My prospects are IMD, HEC and IE for 2023 intake. Also I am wondering wheter INSEAD is worthy to apply or is definetely out of my reach. Please kindly check my profile and give me some feedback.

Background and nationality:
31 years old male, Peruvian, with 5 years of work experience in engineering and business development.

Undergrad Information:
BS Mechanical Engineering from National University of Engineering of Peru- GPA: 3.0
BS Industrial Engineering from National University of Engineering of Peru- GPA > 3.5 (1st place in the class)

GMAT:
720 (Q-51 V-36 IR-8 AWA-4)

Work experience and leadership:
-Asset Maintenance Trainee in a hands-on experience internship at field operations for an International Oil Company – 01 year
-Assistant for an independent consultant on management and processes – 1.5 years (while studying my second major)
-Product Specialist for a small B2B company that sales machinery – 6 months (transition to commercial area)
-Business Development Analyst in a global company (machinery manufacturer)- 02 years //Currently
-Indirect Sales Responsible as an acting role in the same company listed above – 01 year //Currently
-Entrepreneur with an e-commerce startup founded by me and a group of friends – 01 year //Currently
Regarding leadership experience, I have not yet held a job position with some staff in charge or a middle-management position. I struggled with the process of career turning from engineering to commercial management (I stopped to work for a whole year to take the junior classes of my second major). However, as I am doing well in my current job position, they gave the opportunity to lead the strategy implementation of indirect sales which includes to plan, start and monitoring relationships with business partners and distributors. Also, as CEO of my own startup, I have to lead a team of 04 people and drive the project to the next level (Although is a small company, I am learning many valuable lessons of leadership)

Community:
- 05 years of volunteer in TECHO, an NGO that focus on poverty alleviation in Latam.
- Leader of many projects launched by TECHO for the construction of emergency houses in poor urban communities in Peru.
- Member of the TECHO’s delegation for humanitarian aid during the national emergency caused by natural disaster called “Fenomeno del Niño” (2017).
- Leader of the team of digitalization of data of poor urban communities to help people in need during the pandemic caused by Covid-19 (2020)

International exposure
I have not worked or studied abroad. However, because I work for a global corporation, I usually coordinate with people from different nationalities.

Post MBA goals:
1) Joining a global corporation as a leading role in business development, strategy, or marketing. It could be a company in the same industry of my current company (machinery) but I am open to explore another industries such as tech or e-commerce.
2) Joining a startup or founding mine (This is something I have been considering during the last year as a result of my entrepreneur experience)
Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
Lure1415:

I like the depth of your profile. You have a lot of experience both professionally and extracurricularly. The key for you to have success at INSEAD is to really come up with a clear and tight narrative. The description you laid out is very busy and I don't necessarily see a compelling story...yet.

If you are going to stand out from the competitive pool that applies to INSEAD (and many of the other programs you listed), you are going to need to have a unique narrative. The same goes for your career goals. The short-term works but the long-term needs to be defined. What kind of startup will you seek to build? It is common to go for this type of entrepreneurial path, but it must be very specific if is it succeed.

Please drop us a line if you would like to discuss in more detail and understand how our services might be able to help you craft this narrative:

https://admissionado.com/free-consultation/
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  54   55   56   57   58   59   60  ...  70   
Moderator:
MBA Admissions Consultant
3699 posts