It is currently 19 Sep 2017, 15:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

CAT Tests
Re: INSEAD PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2017, 07:23
Hello Everyone,

I am an Indian male 28 years old and working as 2nd officer in Merchant Navy. Currently sailing on Oil Tanker ships. I have a diverse experience of sailing in different kinds of ships : Container ships, Bulk carrier ships and Oil Tanker ships. Total work exp. of 6 yrs (28 years old).

Education:

Grad. - 71% (from a reputed Maritime school, founded in 1927)

GMAT- 740 Q50 V40 IR 7 AWA 4.5

I have also worked in a small shipping company after my graduation for about six months as operations manager, in which I had also been given responsibilty to teach non shipping persons about the shipping operations before their employement in that company.

Active in sports during college and school days.

Volunteering Experience : Nothing substantial.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
S

Kudos [?]: 147 [0], given: 50

Re: INSEAD PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2017, 11:29
Rishirajchauhan11 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I am an Indian male 28 years old and working as 2nd officer in Merchant Navy. Currently sailing on Oil Tanker ships. I have a diverse experience of sailing in different kinds of ships : Container ships, Bulk carrier ships and Oil Tanker ships. Total work exp. of 6 yrs (28 years old).

Education:

I have also worked in a small shipping company after my graduation for about six months as operations manager, in which I had also been given responsibilty to teach non shipping persons about the shipping operations before their employement in that company.

Hi Rishiraj,

That's a nice profile. You have the right academic scores (GPA+GMAT) and from my knowledge of merchant navy jobs, I'd say you will have some strong leadership experiences to show. What exactly is your job profile? Are you working in operations?

I am assuming that you wish to change your industry/ job profile after MBA and for that it will be crucial to draw linkages between your past experiences and skills gained to what you wish to do in the future (i.e show transferable skills).

Have you travelled abroad on work? What is your international experience like?

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask for a FREE profile evaluation HERE

Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Intern
Intern
B

CAT Tests
INSEAD PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2017, 11:38
Hi! MBADecoder,

Thanks for replying.

I am 2nd officer on merchant ships. As per my current job profile I am responsible for the navigation of ship, planning voyages from one country to another. Though, the job description changes with ranks on ships and at different ranks, one is responsible for different jobs onboard ship.

Yes, I wish to change industry and would like to work in operations or consulting in a good shipping company.

I do have a lot of travelling experience. I have been to more than 25 countries, while being on ships. Though, this experience doesn't count much, as we do nit stay in a particular country for long. But, I have worked with lots if multinational crew.

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
S

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2017, 20:22
Rishirajchauhan11 wrote:
Hi! MBADecoder,

Thanks for replying.

I am 2nd officer on merchant ships. As per my current job profile I am responsible for the navigation of ship, planning voyages from one country to another. Though, the job description changes with ranks on ships and at different ranks, one is responsible for different jobs onboard ship.

Yes, I wish to change industry and would like to work in operations or consulting in a good shipping company.

I do have a lot of travelling experience. I have been to more than 25 countries, while being on ships. Though, this experience doesn't count much, as we do nit stay in a particular country for long. But, I have worked with lots if multinational crew.

Rishiraj,
You are in good shape. As I stated earlier your operations job will give you good writing material to showcase your leadership in the application. And based on my past experience of working with people with your background, I'd add, you would have meaningful cross cultural experiences, even with the short stays.

Now INSEAD has great ties with companies like Amazon, and there are students who get into Amazon's Pathways program - which is a leadership development program for operations roles. You could target such roles after MBA, or go the consulting route.

Feel free to reach out for a more detailed discussion

Namita Garg,
+91 9901566772

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

What are my odds? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jul 2017, 23:05
Hi all,

I took my gmat and scored 690 (Q50,V33,IR 8).

INSEAD is my most preferred college as I am targeting only 1 year MBA.

My Profile in Brief is as below:

1. Experience: 6 years in Total (5 in HR and 1 in Marketing). Have won Emerging Young HR Leader, India award. Part of HR Leadership Program of one of the most reputed Conglomerate of India.

2. Education: MBA from a reputed Bschool in India in 2012 (Ranked among top 10% of batch); Engineering (Information Tech) from Mumbai University (Among Top 10%). Equivalent GPA For both comes to 4/4 as per worldeducation.

Please suggest what are my chances for Insead considering the above.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Experts' Global Representative
B

Kudos [?]: 8 [1], given: 0

INSEAD PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jul 2017, 06:19
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
hra wrote:
Hi all,

1. Experience: 6 years in Total (5 in HR and 1 in Marketing). Have won Emerging Young HR Leader, India award. Part of HR Leadership Program of one of the most reputed Conglomerate of India.

2. Education: MBA from a reputed Bschool in India in 2012 (Ranked among top 10% of batch); Engineering (Information Tech) from Mumbai University (Among Top 10%). Equivalent GPA For both comes to 4/4 as per worldeducation.

Hi hra :)

Thanks for sharing your profile details.

To begin with, we must tell you that your work experience, high GPA, and your Leadership Award will strongly boost your success chances at INSEAD. :)

At this point, we recommend that you retake the GMAT and concentrate on getting the highest score that you can. Remember, the average GMAT score expectations are always higher for Indian applicants.

We are confident that your existing profile, coupled with a higher GMAT score, as well as an effective portrayal of your career goals and the need for a second MBA, will give you a strong chance at gaining an INSEAD admit :)

All the best!

Akanksha Baldawa
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Prep | GMAT Practice Tests
MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation

Kudos [?]: 8 [1], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Schools: AGSM '18

Show Tags

New post 24 Jul 2017, 06:39
Hi hra

Your gmat score looks good to me.... remember at international level this is a very good score plus the average GMAT score at Insead is around 700.

Believe you should work on uour application and reference

I know ppl who have got in at 650...you should have a good narration of your profile.

The fixation with 700+ in india is overrated.

Regards

Posted from my mobile device

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 5

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2017, 01:41
Hi

Pl can you evaluate my profile for 1 year MBA programs & share relevant colleges. Interested in Insead & ISB.

I am preparing for GMAT & aim for a score of 650-680 and looking forward to 2019 enrollment.

- 35 years Indian Male
- Bachelor of Commerce ( H) from DU , ICWA (Inter) , IIM R Data Analytics Certification.
- Senior Manager for Finance & Supply Chain Projects with IBM
- 12 years experience ( Infosys, Capgemini , IBM ) as a client managing consultant & advisory for Europe , USA & APAC clients. Projects managed worth $10 million - $ 100 million & managing team sizes globally during projects from 50 - 200 people.
- Awarded Best Project Manager by Infosys
- 3 years International stay exposure based out of England ( 2 years ) & Singapore ( 1 year )
- Senior Reviewer with Trip Advisor ( 24000 + readers ) for frequent travels documented during official trips to Europe , APAC & USA
- Volunteer at orphanage run by charitable foundation teaching kids and supporting weekend meals

Your guidance is most welcome. Thanks.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2017, 05:10
Hello Experts,

Pl can you evaluate my profile for 1 year MBA programs & share relevant colleges. I am preparing for GMAT & aim for a score of 650-680 and looking forward to next year admissions.

- 35 years Indian Male
- Bachelor of Commerce ( H) from DU & ICWA Inter
- 12 + years international experience ( Infosys, Capgemini , IBM ) as a client managing consultant & advisory for Europe , USA & APAC clients. Projects managed worth $5 million - $ 100 million & managing team sizes globally during projects from 40 - 200 people.
- 3 years International stay exposure based out of England ( 2 years ) & Singapore ( 1 year )
- Senior Reviewer with Trip Advisor ( 20000 + readers ) for frequent travels documented during official trips to Europe , APAC & USA
- Volunteer at orphanage run by charitable foundation teaching kids and supporting weekend meals

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2017, 02:23
Hi guys,

Please evaluate my profile:

GMAT: 720 (QA48/VA41/IR7) AWA score - Awaited

Academic Profile:
B.E. Mechanical Engineering from a top private university (GPA: 8.51/10, translates to 3.4/4) - 2009
PGDM from a new IIM (GPA: 9.21/10, translates to 3.7/4, Gold medalist - Institute rank 2) - 2012

Work Experience:
Currently working as a Senior Consultant (Strategy) at a Big 4.

Overall work ex:
Post PGDM
2.5 years in Strategy Consulting (2 promotions)
~3 years in Banking (1 promotion; last designation: Senior Manager, Corporate Finance)
Pre PGDM
~1 year as Manager in Pharma company (plant)

Extra curricular:
Won several singing competitions at Inter University level

International experience:
13 months: 7 months full time in UAE, 6 months full time in Hong Kong (both while working for the Strategy Consulting firms)
Countries traveled to as part of personal trips: France, Italy and Turkey

Post MBA goals: Join an MBB consulting firm

Thanks in advance!

Top Contributor
VP
VP
S

Kudos [?]: 636 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2017, 03:26
Top Contributor
hra wrote:
Hi all,

Hi hra

Do you have international experience? That is an important consideration for applying to INSEAD.

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Top Contributor
VP
VP
S

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2017, 03:47
Top Contributor
GS1607 wrote:
Hi guys,

Academic Profile:
B.E. Mechanical Engineering from a top private university (GPA: 8.51/10, translates to 3.4/4) - 2009
PGDM from a new IIM (GPA: 9.21/10, translates to 3.7/4, Gold medalist - Institute rank 2) - 2012

Work Experience:

Overall work ex:
Post PGDM
~3 years in Banking (1 promotion; last designation: Senior Manager, Corporate Finance)
Pre PGDM

Extra curricular:

13 months: 7 months full time in UAE, 6 months full time in Hong Kong (both while working for the Strategy Consulting firms)

Thanks in advance!

Hi GS1607

You have a nice profile and should have a decent shot at INSEAD, with a strong app. Focus on highlighting the need for a second MBA, and try to go deeper into why your goal is what it is. With a role in Strategy Consulting already, you will be hard pressed in justifying your second MBA simply by indicating a shift to MBB as the objective.

Top Contributor
VP
VP
S

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2017, 03:55
Top Contributor
Rishirajchauhan11 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Education:

Hi Rishiraj

Well received.

- Your professional experience and international exposure are quite strong. Good career progression as well to second mate. You are at the sweet spot for an MBA application.
- GMAT is excellent as well and well in contention for INSEAD.
- The lack of ECA/personal achievements will need to be addressed as this is one element that INSEAD does tend to focus on. As a shippie, you are excused to an extent, but not completely.
- What are your post-MBA goals?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2017, 04:27
GyanOne wrote:
GS1607 wrote:
Hi guys,

Academic Profile:

Work Experience:

Overall work ex:
Post PGDM
Pre PGDM

Extra curricular:

Thanks in advance!

Hi GS1607

You have a nice profile and should have a decent shot at INSEAD, with a strong app. Focus on highlighting the need for a second MBA, and try to go deeper into why your goal is what it is. With a role in Strategy Consulting already, you will be hard pressed in justifying your second MBA simply by indicating a shift to MBB as the objective.

Thanks GyanOne. There are actually multiple reasons why I want to do a second MBA. I shall elaborate them as soon as I get time. But I do get the drift - need to work very hard on my application. Do you think I should take another shot at the GMAT to improve my chances of getting through INSEAD?

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
S

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2017, 11:38
swarup1981 wrote:
Hello Experts,

Pl can you evaluate my profile for 1 year MBA programs & share relevant colleges. I am preparing for GMAT & aim for a score of 650-680 and looking forward to next year admissions.

- 35 years Indian Male
- Bachelor of Commerce ( H) from DU & ICWA Inter
- 12 + years international experience ( Infosys, Capgemini , IBM ) as a client managing consultant & advisory for Europe , USA & APAC clients. Projects managed worth $5 million - $ 100 million & managing team sizes globally during projects from 40 - 200 people.
- Senior Reviewer with Trip Advisor ( 20000 + readers ) for frequent travels documented during official trips to Europe , APAC & USA

Hi Swarup,

You are on the higher side of age, and also above the average age (29 years) and work experience (5.7 years) of INSEAD full time MBA class.
INSEAD also has an executive MBA program, and chances are they will push you to apply there as you will be a better fit for the eMBA.

Namita Garg,
+91 9901566772

Top Contributor
VP
VP
S

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2017, 22:48
Top Contributor
GS1607 wrote:
GyanOne wrote:
GS1607 wrote:
Hi guys,

Academic Profile:

Work Experience:

Overall work ex:
Post PGDM
Pre PGDM

Extra curricular:

Thanks in advance!

Hi GS1607

Thanks GyanOne. There are actually multiple reasons why I want to do a second MBA. I shall elaborate them as soon as I get time. But I do get the drift - need to work very hard on my application. Do you think I should take another shot at the GMAT to improve my chances of getting through INSEAD?

Hi GS1607

The GMAT seems fine. Of course, a 760 (say) would be better than a 720, but if you are applying to INSEAD only, the GMAT score is not a big factor. In addition, maybe consider other schools, such as LBS and IMD, as well, if they suit your personal preferences.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 55

GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2017, 12:53
Hi GS1607,

I'm not an expert but a fellow applicant who has been gathering a lot of information from various parts of the web.
Although 720 in GMAT is a great score to apply to INSEAD, many consulting firms (specially MBB) also use GMAT scores in evaluation of candidates. So a higher score may benefit you in boosting your candidature for post-INSEAD consulting roles, specially if getting into MBB is a high priority.

GS1607 wrote:
GyanOne wrote:
GS1607 wrote:
Hi guys,

Academic Profile:

Work Experience:

Overall work ex:
Post PGDM

Thanks in advance!

Hi GS1607

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 55

Intern
Intern
B

Schools: ISB '19
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2017, 11:35
Hi All,

I recently gave GMAT after 1 and a half month of prep and scored 700(Q49, V35). This was my first attempt, and I relied mostly on OG only (No test series, etc). Now, there are two things I need help with: Overall Profile Evaluation and If I should try for a higher score.

This would be a brief of my profile:
10th: 89 CBSE
12th: 81 CBSE
Graduation: 2014 graduate in IT stream from one of the NITs with 6.97 CPI (Pointers are on the lower side)

Work-ex: 3+
1 year as Business Analyst with one of the Indian E-Com Major.
2 years with one of the Hospitality startup, was part of the team which built an entire state's business from scratch. I was promoted twice, started as a City Head and went on to become Business Development Head for the state. Worked on both the fronts: Business Development and Sales.
Currently ( from last 6 months): Part of expansion team of a startup in Fintech domain, its still in stealth mode and we're setting up the ground work.

EC:- Badminton Player: Represented my school at zonal Level and college at national Level (University Tournaments) as captain
Marathon Runner: Had picked up this hobby recently only, over the years of Job Life, I transformed from physical fit to obese. So, I researched and planned my own fitness plan(was able to shred 1/5th of body fat). Marathons were small milestones of the plan, and I've already successfully done 2 half marathons and a full marathon. Currently I'm mentoring 3 more people on Nutrition and Exercise for weight loss and overall fitness.
Maths Teacher: taught Maths at an NGO for underprivileged kids for 3 months.
Head Coordinator, Sports Committee(College): I was part of the initial team who had set up this committee, and in the final year as a Head Coordinator we organised college's sports fest as well in which 1K+ students participated.

I'd really appreciate any sort of advice/help

Thanks!

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V27
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V31
GPA: 3.3
WE: Analyst (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2017, 06:39
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi Experts,

Would request you to kindly review my profile for INSEAD. I really need an honest review, because of my lower GMAT score :| . However, i have few points,which INSEAD considers very positive :-D

Nationality - Indian
GMAT - 680

Total Work Experience - 4.3 Years
International Work Experience - 4 years (0.3 years in India)
Industry - Manufacturing
Position- Production Manager

Schooling
• 10th and 12th Grades: 93% (CBSE, District level Merit Holder) , 88% (MP Board) respectively
• Extracurricular activities: Cricket and Photography

College (Graduation)
• College name: Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar
• Degree: B. Tech [Mechanical]
• Grades: 8.15/10
• Notable projects undertaken: Generation of Hot Spots in Photovoltaic cell at Underwriters Laboratory, Chicago, USA

Professional Experience

 Polyplex Corporation Limited
 Role- Management Trainee
 Location- Noida India
 Tenure- 6months [June’13-Nov’13]
 Polyplex Europa
 Role- Management Trainee
Location- Çorlu, Turkey
 Tenure- 6months [Dec’13-May’14]

 Polyplex Thailand Public Company Limited
 Role- Production Analyst (Manager) reporting to General Manager (Head-Operations) and Now working as Process Manager (Production) since May’16
Location- Rayong, Thailand
 Tenure- 38 months [June’14- Till date]

Professional Experience:-
Job Profile – I am the youngest person in the company to have been hired at the post of Manager in the company’s history of 30+ years.
Polyplex Group is the 4th Largest manufacturer of Polyester Film in the world with locations in India, Turkey, Thailand and USA and distribution offices in Poland, China, Netherlands, Singapore etc.

Operational Analyst
For 2 years, I worked under Head-Operations (General Manager) of company as operational Analyst. In this profile, my work catered to the data analysis on various aspects for the plant improvement. I have been involved in high decision making body for the turn-around of the company. For this I worked with Managing Director of the company. I was completely responsible for CAPEX proposal, MIS Generation. One of my proposals accepted by top management resulted in annual saving of USD 1 million. I got a fair exposure of general management of the company including the financial aspects. In this role, I got a fair view of all areas of running a business, right from Inventory management to product manufacturing to Manpower Management along with the sales strategy of the company. I have been part of all CEO Review meetings, which gave me an amazing experience of how top management deals with problems and how does senior management perceive things.

o One of my costs saving proposal accepted by CEO of the company, leading to the saving of USD 1 Million/annum. Based on proposal submitted by me, one Resin plant was shut down, resulting savings in terms of energy, raw material and inefficiencies

Process Manager
Looking into the good performance, I have been shifted to the core operations as process Manager (Industrial Film Division), independently handling the operations of 2000MT/Month production capacity polyester film plant. Plant is $100 Million facility, with state of the art setup
I am responsible for all process related trouble shooting and all new product development related activities, handling day-to-day operational activities involved in Production.

50 Thai personnel report me directly (Production Department).
:-D

Experience of working outside India in Non English Speaking Country-

Living abroad in countries such as Turkey and Thailand, where the native language is not English, has been a challenging but my life’s most interesting experience. You will have to adapt to a new culture and a new way of life. Immersing in foreign environment required flexibility and determination. That was not easy at the beginning but it has been a great life lesson. I found myself becoming more independent and more outspoken person. Taking decision to go abroad opened my mind and opportunities. I met people that don’t necessarily think and live like i did. This has called me into question what I’ve believed in so far and gave me opportunity to grow from this experience. Working and Hanging out with localities of Thailand gave me chance to live in this amazing culture and experience more closely.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 3

Concentration: International Business, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.53
WE: Sales (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2017, 22:41
Hi everyone,

I am currently brainstorming for my INSEAD essays.
I would appreciate an evaluation of my profile, especially which points I should focus in the essays.

Nationality: Filipino
GMAT: 760 (Q51,V41,IR7,AWA6)

Academic Background:
Undergraduate degree in Science/Engineering in one of the 3 best universities in the Philippines.
Finished with a GPA of 3.53 (with Honors graduate).

Work Experience: 6 years by matriculation
After graduation, I immediately got employed to one of the biggest manufacturing companies in Japan.
I had varied work experiences as Sales Engineer, Business Specialist, Strategic Planner, and now International Sales Expert.
My job involves overseas sales and business development so I usually go on overseas business trips - the longest assignment I had was a business training for 6-months in Mexico.

International Experience:
5 years of work in Japan
6 months of business training in Mexico
Daily correspondence with customers of various nationalities
Immense love for traveling - I have checked more than 40 countries off my world travel list.
I speak 5 languages (4 of them fluently)

Extra-curricular Activities:
I teach English and Spanish on my free time.
I am an events volunteer/translator in my city's international association ( the biggest event I volunteered for was the International day in which almost 5,000 people attended the cultural event).
Advanced Open Water Scuba Diver

Post-MBA goals:
Short term, I plan to work in the consulting industry (focus on International business).
Long term, I hope to enter International Organizations such as the World Bank and UNDP with the goal of leading projects related to infrastructure development in developing countries.

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 3

Re: INSEAD PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 09 Aug 2017, 22:41

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9    Next  [ 178 posts ]