Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 08:34 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 613 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 613 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
gmatloverop wrote:
Hi All,

Could you please evaluate my profile, I have yet to take GMAT:

Qualifications: BTech in Computer Science from Symbiosis International
Bachelor's CGPA - 3.55 (out of 4)
12th (State Board) - 88.5%
10th (CBSE Board) - 80 CGPA
Work Experience: 6 Years in technical roles
Current Role: Principal Engineer
Domain: Data Engineering and Analytics
GMAT Score: Yet to give
Interested in Full-time MBA
Reason for MBA: Want to change fields and try some other roles
Post-MBA goals: Not decided yet, maybe into Product/Program Management

Work Experience (6YOE):
1. Principal Engineer-> Airtel Digital (09/23-Present):
Working as a lead engineer (do not have anyone reporting to me) as part of the data platform team

2. Data Engineer II-> Expedia Group (03/22-09/23):
Worked as a lead engineer (do not have anyone reporting to me) as part of the data engineering division of the product analytics team for various Data Science stakeholders. Played an architect and mentor role for juniors in the team as well. Had some major achievements such as severe process optimization and the implementation of new architecture standards. Worked with some key product performance projects such as funnel progression which were exposed to leadership including CTO and CEO. Was the goto pers

3. Data Engineer 2-> PayPal (08/21-03/22):
Worked as a senior engineer on the credit risk strategy team, supporting several reporting and data science use cases. Had some major achievements such as the implementation of a new framework by anticipating stakeholder needs which resulted in saving 40 man hours in the team.

4. Business Technology Solutions Associate Consultant-> ZS (04/19-07/21):
Worked as a team lead for several pharmaceutical clients, and was involved in end-to-end project management and technical implementations. I had 3-5 members reporting to me which varied from an intern, contractors, and FTEs. Had some major achievements which involved redesigning an already live project from scratch to deal with performance issues which resulted in a foreseeable overhead cost of 200K USD. Demonstrated tools capabilities which resulted in signing up of new projects from a key client.

5. Software Engineer-> Amdocs (08/17-04/19):
Worked as an associate engineer for a telecom client, was involved in mentoring new members of the team, and presented several topics during client visits (this included, client leadership as well). Worked on an implementation of a key scorecard for SVPs which resulted in onboarding new projects worth 500K USD.

Awards:
1. Received two shotouts and a nomination for my hero award during my tenure at Expedia.
2. Received a spot award during my tenure at PayPal.

Had the opportunity to international travel, but couldn't proceed due to visa issues

Hobbies-> Not much, into gymming, board games, and traveling

Thanks

gmatloverop hope this finds you well

I am an INSEAD alumna and former INSEAD MBA admissions interviewer. The things that stand out for me in your profile are
1. Solid tech exposure
2. Association with feeder brands

However, you need to be strategic about finding the hooks in your experience. INSEAD has very clear criteria for the aspects on which it evaluates applicants, namely leadership, ability to contribute, international orientation, and academic prowess.

INSEAD sees a lot of pre-MBA techies applying to the program. You will have to execute your application well to stand out. Your professional recommendations will also need to be exemplary. You need to unpack your experiences and reconstruct your stories in a way that shows that working on high-impact projects has given you a much more hands-on experience and opportunity to engage with leaders from the industry, more experiential maturity, and more capability to contextualize business problems than most tech applicants.

Additionally, while international exposure can be a strength for INSEAD, the larger objective is to assess your ability to handle critical decision-making and team management in a cross-cultural context. "Culture" in this context is not limited to nationality, but extends to working with people who may hold different values, practices, beliefs, and ideologies. You may not have worked in an international setting purely, but you may have strong examples of leadership from working across levels to bring about a significant impact. Your diverse experiences and perspectives can make you a standout candidate for an MBA program.

Aim for a high GMAT score and reflect on your engagements outside of work that have generated impact.

Get tailored advice specific to your unique situation. We do not cap discussion hours for our applicants

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, ex MBA admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Fbanerjee wrote:
I am preparing for GMAT now and I am planning to take exam in next 3-4 months
My profile is
Class 10 : 85.85% (west Bengal board)
Class 12: 84% (West Bengal board)
Graduation : 45.45% ( Calcutta University)
1st MBA : 71% ( Globsyn Business School collaboration with Malaysia University of Science and Technology)

I have done some certification course like Financial modelling, Financial analysis, credit underwriting from Udemy

Target GMAT score 720+

*During 1st MBA I was active volunteer of my college Ngo and serve to my society
* Arranged different program in my MBA colleges

Work ex :
1. Working in AML field for last 2.5 year in US Mortgage Company. Handled different project like marketing campaign, process automation, new process development and handled a team of 20 people from Us. I have trained 10+ trainees under me. Interacting with US client daily basis to help them to get thei dream home

2. Done internship in Forex market ( Technical and Fundal analysis)

3. 15 days live project in customer diligence in Spencer's

I know my red flag is graduation marks. But I am planning to do 2nd MBA from a top tire school.
Please suggest which school should I target for

Posted from my mobile device

👋 Hey jmitesh69,

I came across your profile evaluation query on the forum and thought I'd reach out to offer some assistance from my own experience.

So here is what I would suggest:

Strengths:

➡️ Leadership Experience: Your role in project management and team leadership adds value. Certifications in Financial Modelling and Financial Analysis can give you a technical edge.

➡️ Social Contributions: Being an active volunteer and program organizer in your first MBA college indicates well-roundedness.

Weaknesses:

➡️ Low Graduation Score: The low score can be compensated by adding relevant work ex, extracurriculars and certifications to showcase a holistic profile.

➡️ Lack of Brand-Name Work Experience: The lack of work experience from recognized firms might be a slight concern so you need gain at least 3-5 years of work ex.

Suggestions:

➡️ Target High GMAT Score: To compensate for the low graduation marks, aim for a GMAT score of over 690.

➡️ Leverage Leadership Roles: Use essays and recommendations to highlight how you managed teams and projects to deliver value.

If you need more help, we'd be happy to set up a FREE call and give more pointers on how to improve your profile and the right schools you should target.

Or DM for help!
Admission Consultant
Affiliations: TheIvyLeagueEdge
Own Kudos [?]: 150 [0]
Given Kudos: 153
TheIvyLeagueEdge: Bala
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Yale (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
Hi gmatloverop
gmatloverop wrote:
Hi All,

Could you please evaluate my profile, I have yet to take GMAT:

Qualifications: BTech in Computer Science from Symbiosis International
Bachelor's CGPA - 3.55 (out of 4)
12th (State Board) - 88.5%
10th (CBSE Board) - 80 CGPA
Work Experience: 6 Years in technical roles
Current Role: Principal Engineer
Domain: Data Engineering and Analytics
GMAT Score: Yet to give
Interested in Full-time MBA
Reason for MBA: Want to change fields and try some other roles
Post-MBA goals: Not decided yet, maybe into Product/Program Management

Work Experience (6YOE):
1. Principal Engineer-> Airtel Digital (09/23-Present):
Working as a lead engineer (do not have anyone reporting to me) as part of the data platform team

2. Data Engineer II-> Expedia Group (03/22-09/23):
Worked as a lead engineer (do not have anyone reporting to me) as part of the data engineering division of the product analytics team for various Data Science stakeholders. Played an architect and mentor role for juniors in the team as well. Had some major achievements such as severe process optimization and the implementation of new architecture standards. Worked with some key product performance projects such as funnel progression which were exposed to leadership including CTO and CEO. Was the goto pers

3. Data Engineer 2-> PayPal (08/21-03/22):
Worked as a senior engineer on the credit risk strategy team, supporting several reporting and data science use cases. Had some major achievements such as the implementation of a new framework by anticipating stakeholder needs which resulted in saving 40 man hours in the team.

4. Business Technology Solutions Associate Consultant-> ZS (04/19-07/21):
Worked as a team lead for several pharmaceutical clients, and was involved in end-to-end project management and technical implementations. I had 3-5 members reporting to me which varied from an intern, contractors, and FTEs. Had some major achievements which involved redesigning an already live project from scratch to deal with performance issues which resulted in a foreseeable overhead cost of 200K USD. Demonstrated tools capabilities which resulted in signing up of new projects from a key client.

5. Software Engineer-> Amdocs (08/17-04/19):
Worked as an associate engineer for a telecom client, was involved in mentoring new members of the team, and presented several topics during client visits (this included, client leadership as well). Worked on an implementation of a key scorecard for SVPs which resulted in onboarding new projects worth 500K USD.

Awards:
1. Received two shotouts and a nomination for my hero award during my tenure at Expedia.
2. Received a spot award during my tenure at PayPal.

Had the opportunity to international travel, but couldn't proceed due to visa issues

Hobbies-> Not much, into gymming, board games, and traveling

Thanks

As said in earlier posts, for INSEAD, you will need good GMAT scores, Good examples of demonstrated leadership, and good ECs.
It may actually be a good idea to first understand the WHY you really want INSEAD. And unless you have a solid reason to, my strong suggestion would be to start preparing a compelling story, and a very strong application, regardless of the final basket of MBA programs you apply to.
Happy to help you think about the school choices; please submit your profile for a detailed assessment, and a free 1-2-1 profile discussion
Admission Consultant
Affiliations: TheIvyLeagueEdge
Own Kudos [?]: 150 [0]
Given Kudos: 153
TheIvyLeagueEdge: Bala
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Yale (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
chaliasif:
chaliasif wrote:
25 M, Pakistani national.

Assistant Manager Audit @big4

5 years experience in Assurance Audit in big4.

I’m an ACCA ( UK equivalent of US CPA) with a BSc in applied accounting and finance (lower second class) (lower second because of exemption obtained for the bachelors based on my ACCA) with a gmat of 715+ ( to be given) wondering if I can get into M7. Working as an assistant manager in audit in big4 in the middle east.

YOE:
1.5 years in big4 audit

2 years in a T2 audit

2 years in a T2 consulting firm

EC
- Have been awarded the tech lead award at my firm (automated several hectic reports at national level).

- Team lead for my firm (15+ employees).

- Coaching new joiners regarding their careers.

- Founder of an ecommerce store for local region (raised round 1 investment)

- Started my own ecommerce journey during covid employing more than 10 people.

- Have organized a group of 50+ finance professionals from ACCA background in Saudi Arabia to hold qurterly meetings regarding finance updates, economic upates etc.

- Acted as ACCA student lead in Saudi Arabia to help new joiners and fresh interns and set a career/path for them.

I’m looking to get into Management consulting or IB/PE

Decent stats; Would help to have a stellar GMAT for M-7; It would however, really help to first understand for your goals in Consulting and PE, you may have MBA programs that better fit your goals. Assuming you still don't have a GMAT score in hand, I would strongly suggest you to start preparing a compelling story, and a powerful application, regardless of the final basket of MBA programs you apply to.
Happy to help you think about the school choices; please submit your profile for a detailed assessment, and a free 1-2-1 profile discussion.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Can you share your information to discuss

TheIvyLeagueEdge wrote:
chaliasif:
chaliasif wrote:
25 M, Pakistani national.

Assistant Manager Audit @big4

5 years experience in Assurance Audit in big4.

I’m an ACCA ( UK equivalent of US CPA) with a BSc in applied accounting and finance (lower second class) (lower second because of exemption obtained for the bachelors based on my ACCA) with a gmat of 715+ ( to be given) wondering if I can get into M7. Working as an assistant manager in audit in big4 in the middle east.

YOE:
1.5 years in big4 audit

2 years in a T2 audit

2 years in a T2 consulting firm

EC
- Have been awarded the tech lead award at my firm (automated several hectic reports at national level).

- Team lead for my firm (15+ employees).

- Coaching new joiners regarding their careers.

- Founder of an ecommerce store for local region (raised round 1 investment)

- Started my own ecommerce journey during covid employing more than 10 people.

- Have organized a group of 50+ finance professionals from ACCA background in Saudi Arabia to hold qurterly meetings regarding finance updates, economic upates etc.

- Acted as ACCA student lead in Saudi Arabia to help new joiners and fresh interns and set a career/path for them.

I’m looking to get into Management consulting or IB/PE

Decent stats; Would help to have a stellar GMAT for M-7; It would however, really help to first understand for your goals in Consulting and PE, you may have MBA programs that better fit your goals. Assuming you still don't have a GMAT score in hand, I would strongly suggest you to start preparing a compelling story, and a powerful application, regardless of the final basket of MBA programs you apply to.
Happy to help you think about the school choices; please submit your profile for a detailed assessment, and a free 1-2-1 profile discussion.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.33
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hello Experts: Please evaluate my profile below:

I plan to apply to INSEAD, ISB, HEC Paris. Open to other schools too.
GMAT: 700
Q 49, V35, IR 5

(Total 51 months by July 2024)

Professional Summary:
Job 1 : Mechanical Engineer in Dubai (UAE): Voltas Limited (Construction) (July 2019-Oct-2020) 15 months
Roles: Project Bidding, Budgeting, Tendering and Estimation

6 month buffer in moving back to India to find jobs in Covid.

Job 2: Consultant (EY) (July 2021)-Present
Engagement 1: Handling the merger of 7 Indian subsidiaries of Tata Steel.
Engagement 2: Handling SAP Projects for a Fortune 500 client (Tata Steel) and its subsidiaries across India/Canada/SE Asia/Europe. (I started as an Analyst and got two promotions within 18 months. (36 months experience in this job by July '2024).
A total of 51 months of work experience by July 2024.

Extra Curriculars in Undergrad
1. Leader (AIESEC)- Partnered with local orgs and helped them raise projects which were worked upon by foreign interns. This helped companies increase their cultural diversity. Projects raised were worth ($20000+)
We organized events themed around the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
(Youth Speak Forum-A common platform for college students to interact with industry titans.)
Baalkalakar-Fun day out for kids from local orphanages.

2. Team Lead-ISHRAE-We won a grant ($1500) to design an environment friendly cooling system and created a working prototype. This was from among a team of 100+ teams that applied for the grant throughout the country.

Extra Curriculars in my current job:
EY-Foundation - Mentoring students from underprivileged backgrounds in deciding their future action plans by understanding their inclinations towards various disciplines (Science and Commerce).
Toastmasters International:- Was part of this club while working in Dubai. I do engage with local entities (India) as a part time member.

Educational Summary
Undergrad: Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering (2015-19) from a tier 1 college in India. CGPA 7.96; GPA 3.33. (KIIT Bhubaneswar)
10th (ICSE)-86%
12th (ICSE)-79% (Science)

Post MBA Goals:
Get into the bigger consulting firms (McKinsey, BCG, BAIN, L.E.K..) open to generalist roles initially to get an idea of the market.
I look forward to transitioning into senior strategy consulting roles. Operations interest me too.
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Expert Reply
Fbanerjee wrote:
I am preparing for GMAT now and I am planning to take exam in next 3-4 months
My profile is
Class 10 : 85.85% (west Bengal board)
Class 12: 84% (West Bengal board)
Graduation : 45.45% ( Calcutta University)
1st MBA : 71% ( Globsyn Business School collaboration with Malaysia University of Science and Technology)

I have done some certification course like Financial modelling, Financial analysis, credit underwriting from Udemy

Target GMAT score 720+

*During 1st MBA I was active volunteer of my college Ngo and serve to my society
* Arranged different program in my MBA colleges

Work ex :
1. Working in AML field for last 2.5 year in US Mortgage Company. Handled different project like marketing campaign, process automation, new process development and handled a team of 20 people from Us. I have trained 10+ trainees under me. Interacting with US client daily basis to help them to get thei dream home

2. Done internship in Forex market ( Technical and Fundal analysis)

3. 15 days live project in customer diligence in Spencer's

I know my red flag is graduation marks. But I am planning to do 2nd MBA from a top tire school.
Please suggest which school should I target for

Hello Fbanerjee,

Thanks for writing in and apologies for the delayed response.

Yes; the undergrad score is a red flag; besides, you appear to have only 2.5 years of work experience (please correct us if this is wrong) and potentially a small gap between both MBA degrees. Our recommendation would be to get some additional work experience before applying; it will help you justify the need for a second MBA as well as enable you to showcase some strong talking points in your profile.

If waiting is not an option, you should look at some US programs; your current experience appears to be on the lower side for the European programs.

Hope this helps.

All the best!
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Expert Reply
scrantonstrangler wrote:
Hello Experts: Please evaluate my profile below:

I plan to apply to INSEAD, ISB, HEC Paris. Open to other schools too.
GMAT: 700
Q 49, V35, IR 5

(Total 51 months by July 2024)

Professional Summary:
Job 1 : Mechanical Engineer in Dubai (UAE): Voltas Limited (Construction) (July 2019-Oct-2020) 15 months
Roles: Project Bidding, Budgeting, Tendering and Estimation

6 month buffer in moving back to India to find jobs in Covid.

Job 2: Consultant (EY) (July 2021)-Present
Engagement 1: Handling the merger of 7 Indian subsidiaries of Tata Steel.
Engagement 2: Handling SAP Projects for a Fortune 500 client (Tata Steel) and its subsidiaries across India/Canada/SE Asia/Europe. (I started as an Analyst and got two promotions within 18 months. (36 months experience in this job by July '2024).
A total of 51 months of work experience by July 2024.

Extra Curriculars in Undergrad
1. Leader (AIESEC)- Partnered with local orgs and helped them raise projects which were worked upon by foreign interns. This helped companies increase their cultural diversity. Projects raised were worth ($20000+)
We organized events themed around the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
(Youth Speak Forum-A common platform for college students to interact with industry titans.)
Baalkalakar-Fun day out for kids from local orphanages.

2. Team Lead-ISHRAE-We won a grant ($1500) to design an environment friendly cooling system and created a working prototype. This was from among a team of 100+ teams that applied for the grant throughout the country.

Extra Curriculars in my current job:
EY-Foundation - Mentoring students from underprivileged backgrounds in deciding their future action plans by understanding their inclinations towards various disciplines (Science and Commerce).
Toastmasters International:- Was part of this club while working in Dubai. I do engage with local entities (India) as a part time member.

Educational Summary
Undergrad: Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering (2015-19) from a tier 1 college in India. CGPA 7.96; GPA 3.33. (KIIT Bhubaneswar)
10th (ICSE)-86%
12th (ICSE)-79% (Science)

Post MBA Goals:
Get into the bigger consulting firms (McKinsey, BCG, BAIN, L.E.K..) open to generalist roles initially to get an idea of the market.
I look forward to transitioning into senior strategy consulting roles. Operations interest me too.

Hello scrantonstrangler,

Thanks for writing in.

You have a strong overall profile and the only weak links we see are your GPA and GMAT score particularly since you are targeting the likes of INSEAD. The correct strategy (in case you do not wish to retake the GMAT) would be to apply to a larger number of schools including Stretch, Dream, and Practical schools.

The career goals look fine and they sync with your choice of schools as well.

What you really need to do at this point is to chalk out a compelling narrative for your essays and apply to schools that sync well with your story as well as your score.

Should you wish to discuss your prospects in greater detail, please feel free to reach out to us for a profile evaluation session.

All the best!
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 618757 [0]
Given Kudos: 81587
Send PM
INSEAD Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
INSEAD Profile Evaluation
Introducing New Better Profile Evaluations on GMAT Club!

Considering your application to a B-School? The first step in this significant journey is to evaluate your profile to gauge where you stand among the vast pool of applicants. We're excited to introduce a NEW and IMPROVED consolidated list of tools and platforms available on GMAT Club to assist you in this endeavor.