It is currently 13 Dec 2017, 05:24

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Ross R1 | Kellogg R1 | Darden R1 | Tepper R1

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Schools: LBS MiM'17
Re: INSEAD PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2017, 04:03
I would like my profile to be evaluated for INSEAD.

Background:
Indian, 24, Male
Mechanical Engineer
GMAT- 710 (gave it back in 2015)(I am sure I can get more if I give it again but is it really necessary?)

Education
Completed Mechanical engineering for a tier-I Indian institutte with CGPA- 8.3/ 10

Work Ex- 3+ years in a boutique consulting firm
Major projects
1. I have worked with a Global Fortune 500 client where in we helped them build their go to market strategy for a new renewable energy product
2. Go to market strategy for opening of new centres of a single specialty chain of hospitals in 4 diferent location in India. The hospital are in the process of being set up. Investment worth INR 25 cr per centre
3. Helped set up a sevices arm for a real estate company. Coordinated with technical consultants (india based), and design consultants (UK based) to come up with a tech solution for providing services. personally handled 7 services end to end
4. Helped commission a multi-bedded (>400) multi-specialty hospital by one of India's largest chain of hospitals. Was also responsible for streamlining of operations and meeting revenue targets. Exceeded the revenue targets for all the months. Personally handled trade marketing activites (which contributed c. 40% to the total revenue). Also worked on the operations side and reduced the discharge time by 33%
5. Was given fast track promotion and I am also incharge of the social media team presently

Internships
Major Research laboratory in India
1. Worked on titanium sputtering. Published my findings and co-authored a research paper in an International Journal (ELSEVIER Publications)

Summer Intern, Thermax
1. Worked in the medium power plant division for about two months 2
2. Digitised a part of the chimney design process and effectively reduced the chimney design time by 30%

Extracurriculars
1. Vice president, Entrepreneurship cell
Handled multiple projects including the following (Led a team of 55 people)
a. Gave opportunity to over 100 students to intern with startups during summer vacations (Led a team of 4)
b. Started project founder meetup to organise on-campus meetups for like-minded individuals (ideators, techies, designers) and provide a platform for meaningful discussions. The project has been taken up by the institute under its umbrella for its VISION 2020 (Led a team of 4)
c. Handled one of India's largest student run startup challenges

2. Secretary, Department of technical activities, Student Union
Led a team of over 50 people to handle all the technical aspects of the cultural, technical and sports fest of our college. Was involved in Animation (Video making) and website making.

3. Web Head, Entrepreneurship Cell
Was the social media and web head for the entrepreneurship cell of the college. (Handled websites, facebook, twitter, Linkedin)

Others
1. Travelling- I went on a solo trip for 6 weeks to Europe in 2017. I travelled and stayed in Hostels, met people from different nationalities, made friends on the road, hitchhiked.
I also went to Norway in 2015 to attend a 10 day Student conference where in we solved case studies related to ethical dilemmas

2. I have also started writing a book. It is mainly a collection of uncommon home remedies for multiple problems

Others: Back in college I took up various management and finance courses and my grade in most of them is good or above.
Should I apply for Insead? I cannot wait for another year. I see my lack of international exposure and 3 year work ek as major hindrances. Am I correct there?

Thank you

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2017, 13:42
Hello may I please have my profile evaluated for INSEAD.

Background:
Asian, 28, Male
Nursing
GMAT - TBD

Education

York University Bachelor of Nursing - Graduated Cum Laude - Converted GPA using OMSAS scale: 3.65

Work Experience:

2 years - Registered nurse at a few hospital

1 year - Clinical Manager at a eHealth department: Supervised the clinical activities of the eHealth department and acted as the clinical team lead. Expanded and implemented eHealth projects and services to 26 isolated First Nation communities/reserves.

1 year - Manager of Telehealth with the Government of Canada: Responsible for the development and implementation of eHealth services throughout the territory.

Extracurricular/Work:
5 years - Director and Co-founder of a Non for Profit : Led a NGO that focuses on delivering projects to improve the quality of life of rural and isolated communities in Nepal. Led multiple ongoing initiatives which includes: the rural nursing health centre, green houses, on ground emergency relief, and sponsorship project. Supervised staff and Volunteers.

I'm not too sure if my experience in non for profit, public sector, and healthcare experience really fits the bill for applying for a MBA at INSEAD.

I look forward to your responses. :)

thank you.

Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 91 [0], given: 40

Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
INSEAD PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2017, 13:01
PockyUpNose wrote:
Hello may I please have my profile evaluated for INSEAD.
Hi @pockyupNose... I can only imagine the meaning here... some things perhaps better left unknown! Nevertheless-
will proceed to give my thoughts with your profile!

Background:
Asian, 28, Male
Nursing
GMAT - TBD This TBD is a big one...as the Nursing background is a bit off the main path- which could be good depending on how you present this- and in light of your goals- but doubtful you'd see them digging down too low on the GMAT here so I'd try to stay at or above average here.

Education

York University Bachelor of Nursing - Graduated Cum Laude - Converted GPA using OMSAS scale: 3.65

Work Experience:

2 years - Registered nurse at a few hospital

1 year - Clinical Manager at a eHealth department: Supervised the clinical activities of the eHealth department and acted as the clinical team lead. Expanded and implemented eHealth projects and services to 26 isolated First Nation communities/reserves.
good leadership in this.
1 year - Manager of Telehealth with the Government of Canada: Responsible for the development and implementation of eHealth services throughout the territory.

Extracurricular/Work:
5 years - Director and Co-founder of a Non for Profit : Led a NGO that focuses on delivering projects to improve the quality of life of rural and isolated communities in Nepal. Led multiple ongoing initiatives which includes: the rural nursing health centre, green houses, on ground emergency relief, and sponsorship project. Supervised staff and Volunteers.

I'm not too sure if my experience in non for profit, public sector, and healthcare experience really fits the bill for applying for a MBA at INSEAD.
The what you want to do post MBA matters- I'd review the recruiting companies and the roles you are likely to seek post MBA and make sure they are selling- so to speak what you want to buy. If you can make the case that you want to leverage your boots on the ground knowledge of healthcare and now want to move to setting strategy and look for a strategic planning role of some type- whether in pharma or from a consulting perspective- you may be able to get traction from that scenario. If you want to reach out to us for a free consult to better understand how we can help- you can do so at this link: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/ and here's a great article by one of our counselors on how the MBA can help in your healthcare career! https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com/free-consult/
I look forward to your responses. :)

thank you.

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Intern
Intern

INSEAD PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2017, 08:20
Hi,
Would like my profile to be evaluated please. i'm applying for the Jan 2019 intake

Female/28/Pakistani
Yrs of working experience: 5
Qualification: Medical doctor

Current role: Chief medical officer at a Swedish multinational company, working with the largest telecom operator in the country to provide healthcare to 300,000+ customers - manage a team of 3 currently, rapid expansion is in progress and team will grow to 12 hopefully by the time i apply - working here since 1 yr 3 months
Previous role: Manager at a large regional hospital- 1 year
Clinical practice: 3 yrs

Other courses: Part of a World Bank program for women in business - program runs weekend classes and is of 4 months duration
INSEAD executive education program "Innovating healthcare for tomorrow" - has two modules, in between which you do a project to test learning in your company
Leadership: Regional Acumen fellow for Pakistan- Acumen is an international non-profit organisation. The org selects 20 fellows from all over the country to take part in a 1 year leadership development program

Travel: Born in Pakistan raised in England. Primary and secondary school education is from england.
Lived in dubai, france, england and saudia arabia
Travelled to indonesia and cambodia for work-related projects. Malaysia for vacation.

Please let me know what you think.

Best

Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
G

Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2017, 09:14
Asha89 wrote:
Hi,
Would like my profile to be evaluated please. i'm applying for the Jan 2019 intake
Hi @Asha89, happy to review your profile!
Female/28/Pakistani
Yrs of working experience: 5
Qualification: Medical doctor

Current role: Chief medical officer at a Swedish multinational company, working with the largest telecom operator in the country to provide healthcare to 300,000+ customers - manage a team of 3 currently, rapid expansion is in progress and team will grow to 12 hopefully by the time i apply - working here since 1 yr 3 months
Previous role: Manager at a large regional hospital- 1 year
Clinical practice: 3 yrs
great that you have some experience beyond your clinical work
Other courses: Part of a World Bank program for women in business - program runs weekend classes and is of 4 months duration
INSEAD executive education program "Innovating healthcare for tomorrow" - has two modules, in between which you do a project to test learning in your company
Leadership: Regional Acumen fellow for Pakistan- Acumen is an international non-profit organisation. The org selects 20 fellows from all over the country to take part in a 1 year leadership development program
also impressive work with World Bank program.
Travel: Born in Pakistan raised in England. Primary and secondary school education is from england.
Lived in dubai, france, england and saudia arabia
Travelled to indonesia and cambodia for work-related projects. Malaysia for vacation.
Very strong international exposure also- I don't the GMAT or other stats but if you are in line with their averages I think you could have a strong application here. Keep in mind that with the shorter duration you really need to know what you want to do post MBA so be as specific as you can when answering questions about your career goals and how INSEAD can help you reach them. If you'd like to reach out for further advice- we can do that in a free consult through this link: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/
Please let me know what you think.

Best

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2017, 07:12
Hi everyone,

I would also like to have my profile evaluated. I am planning to apply for the Jan/Sep intake at INSEAD (not sure which right now).

Nationality: Brazilian/German

Background:
I was born in Brazil, where I went to a swiss school. In 2010 I moved to Germany for my studies, where I have been living ever since.

GMAT: 760 (50Q, 44V, 5IR - might this last one be a problem?)

Education:
B.Sc. (2.8 GPA) and M.Sc. (3.4 GPA) in Aerospace Engineering at the Technical University of Munich

Work Experience:
Management Consultant, currently 14 months: This position allowed me to take part in various projects in Germany and Austria, such as analyzing customer companies with respect to their strategy, processes, structure, project management and employees and discovering potentials to increase their performance. I also had the chance to lead a small consulting project, which gave me a high degree of responsibility and freedom to make operational and strategic choices concerning the project together with the customer. The project team consisted of myself and an intern.

Languages:
Portuguese (mother language)
German (business fluent)
English (business fluent)
French (intermediary)
Spanish (intermediary)

Post MBA goals:
I would like to transition to strategy consulting or a strategic relevant management role in a technology company.

I would love to see your feedback on my profile.

Thanks in advance!

Posted from my mobile device

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 53

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2017, 08:45
Vliu91 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I would also like to have my profile evaluated. I am planning to apply for the Jan/Sep intake at INSEAD (not sure which right now).

Nationality: Brazilian/German

Background:
I was born in Brazil, where I went to a swiss school. In 2010 I moved to Germany for my studies, where I have been living ever since.

GMAT: 760 (50Q, 44V, 5IR - might this last one be a problem?)

Education:
B.Sc. (2.8 GPA) and M.Sc. (3.4 GPA) in Aerospace Engineering at the Technical University of Munich

Work Experience:
Management Consultant, currently 14 months: This position allowed me to take part in various projects in Germany and Austria, such as analyzing customer companies with respect to their strategy, processes, structure, project management and employees and discovering potentials to increase their performance. I also had the chance to lead a small consulting project, which gave me a high degree of responsibility and freedom to make operational and strategic choices concerning the project together with the customer. The project team consisted of myself and an intern.

Languages:
Portuguese (mother language)
German (business fluent)
English (business fluent)
French (intermediary)
Spanish (intermediary)

Post MBA goals:
I would like to transition to strategy consulting or a strategic relevant management role in a technology company.

I would love to see your feedback on my profile.

Thanks in advance!

Posted from my mobile device

You have a good profile in the making, but lack work experience. Your GMAT score is excellent and I love it that you know so many languages. Your career seems to be going on the right track. However with just 14 months experience, you may be considered too young (inexperienced) to contribute meaningfully in class. I'd advise you to wait atleast another year before you apply.

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask for a FREE profile evaluation HERE

Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 53

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2017, 14:46
Dear all,

Below you may find my profile and I would really appreciate if you could send me your feedback.

I intend to apply at INSEAD MBA (2019) and I am trying to build a strong profile since MBA is a big investment for me.
Post-MBA goal: I would like to pursue a career in strategy consulting in Europe.

Nationality:
Greek
Education: B.Sc. in Marketing and Communication at Athens University of Economics and Business (Top B-school in my country) - GPA: 9.2/10 (3,7/4)- Top 2% of my class
GMAT: TBD

Work Experience (total 4.5 years) in Greece:
Marketing Intern -6 months- at one of the world's largest FMCG Companies
Assistant brand manager (15 months) at a multinational toy manufacturing company (with famous brands worldwide)
Assistant brand manager (18 months) & Assistant advertising manager (4 months-present) at one of the largest consumer electronics retailers in Europe
My goal is to get a promotion the following year, before my MBA.

All the above positions were requiring high interaction and cooperation with colleagues and partners from Europe & US, but I don't know if this is enough since INSEAD is too oriented at international experience.

Languages:
English (Professional working proficiency)
French (Limited working proficiency)
Greek (Native proficiency)
Spanish (Elementary proficiency)

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind Regards,
Konstantina

INSEAD Thread Master
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 5

Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Education)

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2017, 23:05
kondim92 wrote:
Dear all,

Below you may find my profile and I would really appreciate if you could send me your feedback.

I intend to apply at INSEAD MBA (2019) and I am trying to build a strong profile since MBA is a big investment for me.
Post-MBA goal: I would like to pursue a career in strategy consulting in Europe.

Nationality:
Greek
Education: B.Sc. in Marketing and Communication at Athens University of Economics and Business (Top B-school in my country) - GPA: 9.2/10 (3,7/4)- Top 2% of my class

Assistant brand manager (15 months) at a multinational toy manufacturing company (with famous brands worldwide)
Assistant brand manager (18 months) & Assistant advertising manager (4 months-present) at one of the largest consumer electronics retailers in Europe

All the above positions were requiring high interaction and cooperation with colleagues and partners from Europe & US, but I don't know if this is enough since INSEAD is too oriented at international experience.

Languages:

Kind Regards,
Konstantina

The profile looks good and I think your goals also align with the School's USP. A valid GMAT score and your extracurricular/ leadership experiences would be also needed for a proper evaluation of the profile.

One day, all kids will have access to an excellent education

INSEAD Thread Master
B

Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Education)

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2017, 23:06
kondim92 wrote:
Dear all,

Nationality:
Greek

Languages:

Kind Regards,
Konstantina

Also there are other ways in which working in a diverse culture can be brought out in your application. The international experience you have sounds good to me.

One day, all kids will have access to an excellent education

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Admission Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 163 [1], given: 53

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2017, 00:28
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
kondim92 wrote:
Dear all,

Nationality:
Greek

Languages:

Kind Regards,
Konstantina

Hi Konstanatina,

You come across as a strong candidate for INSEAD. You have a great GPA and that should be followed with a 700+ GMAT score. Your work experience sounds interesting and differentiated although your post does not give the details about your achievements and impact. One of INSEAD's key criterion is leadership potential, so your work experience should reflect your leadership capabilities.
The other important criterion ofcourse is international exposure. If you are constantly working with international teams, then I don't see an issue here. You will have to demonstrate in your application that you can openly work with culturally different people and adapt to such environments.

Another important question for INSEAD is, what do you do outside of work? How have you developed yourself? You have not made a mention of your extracurricular pursuits, but I hope they are meaningful and substantial.

Now, you should get the GMAT out of the way, giving yourself enough room to retake in case your score is not great the first time around. INSEAD has some requirements related to the GMAT- do look up their website if you are not already aware of these.

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask for a FREE profile evaluation HERE

Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Kudos [?]: 163 [1], given: 53

Re: INSEAD PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 05 Dec 2017, 00:28

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   [ 231 posts ] 

INSEAD PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap