It is currently 19 Feb 2018, 02:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Expert Post
Experts' Global Representative
B
Re: INSEAD PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2018, 04:56
ravi1608 wrote:
Hi All,

I would like to request a profile evaluation for INSEAD. Here are the details:
- Male, Indian, Engineer
- Education: Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar (GPA: 7.76 / 10)
- GMAT: 730 (Q51, V38)

- Work Experience: 4.7 years (as of now), 5.5 years (at the time of application)
- Industry: Management Consulting (Healthcare | Financial Services)
- Non branded firms
- Travelled to US once for a month
- Frequently travel to South Africa for 1-3 months trip for Client and Project management
- Have always worked with colleagues from different countries
- Undergrad Extra-curriculars:
- Cultural festival lead, Disciplinary Committee member, Placement office head
- Two Internships i.e. one at a Manufacturing plant and one at IIM Ahmedabad

Hi ravi1608,

Thanks for sharing your details.

You have a fine GMAT score and the same coupled with professional experience that includes international exposure will add the positive element to your profile :) Having said this, the extra-curriculars are not exceptional and there is no mention of your leadership experience at work. Nonetheless, we suggest that you do apply and spend a fair bit of time working on a set of essays that are truly reflective of your potential and showcase a strong sync between your existing professional experience and future goals. A lot will indeed depend on this.

Should you need to discuss your profile in greater detail, please get in touch with us for a free profile evaluation. :)

All the best! :)

Akanksha Baldawa
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Prep | GMAT Practice Tests
MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
INSEAD PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2018, 06:05
Hi all,
I would like to request a profile evaluation.

- Male, Indian, Engineer + MBA
- Education: Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee (GPA: 7.3 / 10)
Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad(GPA: 3.14/4.33)

- GMAT: 720 (Q50, V37)

- Work Experience: 3 years 5 months
- Industry: Diversified (Healthcare, consumer goods, home building material, Power Sector)
- Companies: NTPC, CK Birla Group
- Working in the leadership program of CK Birla group which offers multi functional experience (Job rotation in terms of group company, geography and function)
- Currently managing a sales branch of 11 million USD and a team of 6.
- Traveled to Shanghai and Beijing to organize a conference during MBA
- Was global Co-President of ShARE (a global student consulting club). Managed 800+ students from 10 countries for 1 year.
- Worked with medical consultants from UK and France. (They came down to India for the project)
- Extra-curricular:
- Part time work with an agency to help students prepare for MBA interviews. Few of the students have got into IIMs and ISB.

Objective for applying to INSEAD:
- Join Management consulting with base location out of India.
Manager
Manager
B
Affiliations: The MBA Exchange
INSEAD: MBA
Re: INSEAD PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2018, 17:58
Hi ravi1608,

thank you for sharing your profile.

Your GMAT score is about 20 points above INSEAD's average. It is true that the number of Indian applicants is really high, but with 20 points above average, I would leverage other parts of your profile to set you apart from the rest of Indian applicants.

You have a successful career with 3 promotions so far and with international exposure. You have experience managing multi-cultural teams, and your extra-curricular experience working at the NGO is quite interesting.

Make sure you leverage this to put together a kick-ass application. Also, do not forget to explain in detail your career goals and why you need an MBA.

For a more detailed discussion about your chances of admission, feel free to PM me or send me an email directly at alex@ruizlee.es. If you could also attach your resume, that would be really helpful ;)

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

Alex Ruiz Lee, INSEAD MBA
HR Director
Independent Consultant
MBA Admissions & Career Coach

+52 1 55 2702 0059
alex@ruizlee.es | alex.lee@insead.edu
http://www.linkedin.com/in/alexruizlee
http://www.ruizlee.es

Please, email me your CV for a free evaluation of your candidacy

Expert Post
Experts' Global Representative
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2018, 22:25
dahiyar wrote:
Hi all,
I would like to request a profile evaluation.

- Male, Indian, Engineer + MBA
- Education: Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee (GPA: 7.3 / 10)
Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad(GPA: 3.14/4.33)

- GMAT: 720 (Q50, V37)

- Work Experience: 3 years 5 months
- Industry: Diversified (Healthcare, consumer goods, home building material, Power Sector)
- Companies: NTPC, CK Birla Group
- Working in the leadership program of CK Birla group which offers multi functional experience (Job rotation in terms of group company, geography and function)
- Currently managing a sales branch of 11 million USD and a team of 6.
- Traveled to Shanghai and Beijing to organize a conference during MBA
- Was global Co-President of ShARE (a global student consulting club). Managed 800+ students from 10 countries for 1 year.
- Worked with medical consultants from UK and France. (They came down to India for the project)
- Extra-curricular:
- Part time work with an agency to help students prepare for MBA interviews. Few of the students have got into IIMs and ISB.

Objective for applying to INSEAD:
- Join Management consulting with base location out of India.

Hi dahiyar,

Thanks for writing in.

First things first, you have a fine pedigree and relevant leadership experience and achievements on the professional front. The GMAT score, too, seems good (if not on the higher side considering expectation are always higher for Indian candidates). Each of these aspects will add a positive dimension to your profile and will be duly acknowledged by the Committee.

Having said the above, a lot depends on how well your story is tied up in your essays, particularly the portion, wherein you explain your need for a second MBA (something that the Ad Com needs a lot of convincing on). Besides, also ensure that your career goals flow seamlessly and you are able to effectively articulate each of your achievements and the skill-set you have garnered along the way.

If you are able to take care of the above, we are certain that you will have a good chance :) Feel free to reach out in case you require any assistance or guidance.

All the best!

Akanksha Baldawa
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Prep | GMAT Practice Tests
MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2018, 21:51
Hi, I'd be grateful for a profile evaluation! Any advice is welcome!

Background:
American, White, Male
Age 28
GMAT 700
Native English and C1 Level Spanish

Education: Brigham Young University, BS and MS in Accountancy (GPA 3.6); while there I studied abroad in Europe and had the equivalent of a minor in Spanish (due to some technicalities, I wasn't allowed to get this minor because I tested so far advanced in Spanish)

Work Experience (3.5 years):
Job 1 (Ernst and Young) - Nominated by firm leaders to do a rotation within EY due to my high performance compared to 1,000s of other same-level peers. Relocated from Atlanta to NYC for first year of rotation where I became a go-to expert on Venezuela. I consulted US companies with operations in Venezuela matters, which required extensive work with the Venezuela office. I consulted teams from Europe, Africa and Asia. Among fellow peers in same rotation, I was chosen by senior VPs at EY to work on internal consulting project to improve operations and research feasibility of new revenue lines. I received the highest rating possible for those at my level. The second year of my rotation was within audit in Nashville. I worked with teams in London and Japan while there.

Job 2 (Connor Group Global Consulting) - Promoted to senior consultant. I've worked extensively with clients in Ireland, Belgium, Australia and India in addition to clients across the US to provide consulting. I regularly perform duties of a manager or above; for example, I was asked to lead meetings and consult with client while senior manager was away on vacation. I'm also very involved in business development, reaching out to new potential clients, organizing professional events or developing strategic partnerships.

Job 3 (RevenueHub/IPOHub) - I author articles to explain accounting simply to those who need it for one site (RevenueHub), and I write articles to give advice to startups (IPOHub). I was promoted to editor after one year (oversee 2-3 employees). Three years after, I was promoted an adviser to the organization (oversee 4-6 employees), where I've developed partnerships and organized events, which has lead to increased engagement in the sites.

Job 4 (Mohawk FinOps) - I've regularly provided freelance consulting in addition to my day job. Highlights of my experience include consulting on successful Initial Coin Offerings, providing market feasibility research to companies, to even helping a Hall of Fame-caliber songwriter establishing an investment business.

Extracurricular/Other:
-I founded a non-profit where I connect small charities to consultants willing to work pro bono. I've done extensive volunteering to many projects on my own. I've overseen a number of volunteers in my role.
-I volunteer for an organization that provides pro bono consulting to startups as a way to help them have a higher social impact.
-I emcee events and perform stand-up comedy. I did a lot more stand-up in college, but I still do it.
-I lived 2 years in Uruguay and Argentina between freshman and sophomore year of college (Mormon mission, which also explains the gap between my age and work experience)

MBA Goals: To broaden my experience in consulting so I can do more management consulting with a global focus. The MBA will provide an education and pedigree that will allow me to better brand myself myself as a global consultant. Long term, I'd like to have my own consulting practice that helps social entrepreneurs/businesses compete on a global stage and helps global businesses have social impact programs
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2018, 22:30
This post received
KUDOS
Hi anotherformercpa,

thank you for sharing your profile.

Your profile is quite interesting and with potential to get admitted to INSEAD.

We can definitely see that you have international experience and curiosity, especially for Latin America. This will give you an edge as one of INSEAD's admissions criteria is International Motivation.

Your extra-curricular and extra-professional activities are quite interesting too.

In order to conduct a more detailed assessment, it would be helpful to know the dates of each of your professional experiences.

Also, it would be good to have the split Q/V of your GMAT.

You mentioned your post-MBA goal is management consulting with a global focus. However, do you have an specific post-MBA geography in mind?

Feel free to PM me or email me your CV at alex@ruizlee.es for a complete and detailed evaluation of your profile and candidacy for INSEAD.

Good luck!
Alex

HR Director
Independent Consultant

+52 1 55 2702 0059

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2018, 06:10
Thanks alexruizlee I appreciate you review!

My split is Q46/V40. And the dates for each job are as follows:

Job 1 with EY is July 2015 to May 2017 (1st year in NYC, next in Nashville)

Job 2 with Connor Group is May 2017 to present

Job 3 with writing/editing is June 2014 to present

Job 4 with my freelance consulting is July 2017 to present

I’d like to do consulting with a base in Western Europe after graduation, preferably in the UK in London.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2018, 10:09
Hi anotherformercpa,

thank you for sharing more detail about your profile.

As you may know, INSEAD recommends to hit at least 70th-75th percentile for both the Quant and Verbal sections. Your Verbal score is good and meets this criteria, but your Quant score is still a bit low. This is not a total deal breaker, but a few points more on your Quant will definitely help your candidacy. However, if retaking the GMAT is not an option, make sure to highlight on your application examples where you exhibited outstanding quantitative skills.

Job 3 most likely will be counted as a part-time job (INSEAD has a separate section for this), therefore your full-time experience will be considered from July 2015. Unless you explain you started full-time at Job 3 and transitioned to part-time after starting at Job 1. This is important in order to calculate months of full-time work experience in the application.

Your target geography post-MBA (Western Europe) makes INSEAD a clear choice to do your MBA.

If you have more questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at alex@ruizlee.es. And again, feel free to email me your CV for a complete and detailed evaluation of your profile and candidacy for INSEAD.

Good luck!
Alex

HR Director
Independent Consultant

+52 1 55 2702 0059

Re: INSEAD PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 10 Feb 2018, 10:09

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   [ 288 posts ] 

INSEAD PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap