GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Jul 2018, 02:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

INSEAD PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
S
Status: MBA Admissions Coach
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Joined: 18 Apr 2018
Posts: 257
Location: India
Schools: INSEAD, HEC, ISB, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: INSEAD PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2018, 00:43
1
Hello skambo

Kudos to the detailed post. It always helps give a more meaningful feedback.
INSEAD will evaluate your candidature on admission factors mentioned here
If we break down your profile this is what we get-
1. Academic Potential- Decent (not stellar). You should aim for a 720+. With your overall profile it will significantly increase your chances of admission.
2. Work Ex- Look very strong to say the least. You have many stellar achievements. Key for you will be identifying the right stories and showcasing real business impact of your work.
3. Diversity- You score many brownie points here due to your work ex, International exposure (always a plus at INSEAD) and extracurricular. Again, focus on choosing the right stories (you cannot possibly tell all in the essays) and show the impact and person behind these stories.
4. Career Goals- They seem organic. However do bring out what transferable skills have you gained to make this a successful transition. Also what skills are missing that an MBA from INSEAD will add. You could supplement your research by reading here.
To conclude I believe you have a very strong profile. All you need is the right execution. If you can get a good GMAT score (and write decent essays), you stand a real fighting chance at INSEAD.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com



skambo wrote:
Dear Friends,

Can you please evaluate my profile for an MBA application to INSEAD? I am targetting for January 2020 Round 1 intake.

Age: 29 (30 by the time I apply)
Sex: Male
Nationality: India
Work Experience: 7.5 years
GMAT: Scheduled for August 6
Languages: Hindi, English, Punjabi, Bengali and Spanish (Level A2)
Countries Travelled: Netherlands, Luxembourg, Czech Republic, Denmark, Spain, United States and Singapore

Work experience

Position 1 (2018 - Present)
Consultant - CEO's Office at a top international development consulting firm (not MBB ofcourse)
Countries Worked: India, Denmark and Singapore

- Handpicked by the Chairman from a pool of 1000 talents to help with the program strategy
- Led community building activities for 2000+ talents representing 143+ countries and 300+ institutional partners
- Conceptualized an online Community Portal with the technology partner
- Key achievement: Organized the 2018 edition of the program in Singapore; raised $4.0 M+ from 35+ organizations and helped in the formation of 170+ Social Enterprises

Position 2 (2015 - 2018)
Investment Manager for a Spanish group's India dedicated Venture Capital fund
Countries Worked: India, Spain, and Singapore

- Country Manager for India; screened 1000+ companies and invested in 5 companies
- Screened 30+ venture capital funds across India, Turkey & Nordics and prepared an investment thesis for 10+ funds
- Board Director at Portfolio company in Singapore and Fund entity in Cyprus. Board Observer for all the portfolio companies in India
- Developed investor pipeline of $2.0 BN+ was identified with about $800 M+ at an advanced discussion stage
- Key achievement: Managed five investments and formulated performance milestones that led to average revenue growth of 5.0x (unrealized exits) in portfolio companies
- Key achievement: Exited three companies with cash exits with an average multiple of 3.0 x & 43%+ return
- Key achievement: Liaison-ed with a public institution for Fund of VC Funds that led the firm to be selected as one of the six Investment Managers and only one from Spain

Position 3 (2012 - 2015)
Senior Analyst, World's Leading Asset Management Firm

Key achievements:
- Led a team of 4 for Asset Quality Review for a central bank (of a European country) to conduct a diagnostic assessment of € 216 BN of the loan portfolio of 4 largest and 7 smaller commercial banks including the review of lending practices
- Analyzed a key bank's balance sheet for treasury (of a European country)'s strategic review. Provided recommendations for a strategic break-up. The breakup saved £200M under the base case and £4BN under the stressed scenario
- Led a team of 4 for Bank Asset Management Advisory Services. Performed analytical assessment and formulated reinvestment strategies of six client portfolios with combined AUM of ~$19 BN

Position 4 (2011 - 2012)
Analyst - Busines Intelligence for a Leading American technology consulting company

- Carried out Trading & Risk Analytics system for their largest investment banking client (Swiss bank); modeled the Data-warehouse Alerts for Front Office
- Setup Automated Trading alerts and performed Real-Time Transaction Cost Analysis (TCA) for Trading Desk

Education
Undergrad school/major: Top 10 India University; Engineering Computer Science with First Class
Undergrad GPA: 6.9/9 (Relative Scale) or 6.9/10 (Absolute Scale)
Undergrad International Exchange Project: Lead Boston University Student Exchange Project with MIT Media Labs / SugarLabs

Extracurriculars:
-
- Fellow: Climate Reality Leadership Corps; trained by former US Vice President Al Gore in Los Angeles
- Fellow: Startup Leadership Program; selected among 350+ applicants; only VC investor in the batch
- Fellow: Impact Business leaders (IBL) program for the next generation of leaders in Impact Investing
- Fellow: UNLEASH SDG Innovation Lab, Denmark; chosen as one of Top 1000+ Sustainable Development Goals talents globally
- Fellow: Starting Bloc. Attended in New York; awarded 50% Merit Scholarship to attend the program
- Program Leader: Startup Leadership Program; managed the selection of 25 fellows from 350+ applicants
- Team Lead: Investments & Sustainability, Indo Swiss Future Leaders Forum - a bilateral dialogue platform
- Co-Lead: Startup Europe India Network; endorsed by the European Commission for EU-India collaboration
- Venture Judge: Reviewed business plans for Wharton India Startup Challenge and Diamond Challenge
- Founder of a Recruitment Portal; efforts led to the generation of 100+ employment opportunities globally
- Multiple Advisory Roles at international NGOs (Spain and Ghana)
- Passed CFA Level II in the CFA program

Post-MBA Goal:
While my current work includes operations that span many remote offices internationally, the work I do is mostly on Investments, Fundraising, and managing partnerships. Through the MBA, I hope to build proficiency to apply my investment skills knowledge of sustainability to land up a role with an Impact Investing / Sustainable Investing Fund. The long-term goal is to be able to start my own impact fund after building some track record.

Why MBA:
Opportunity to hone my skills to pull in skills from multiple areas and move into Sustainable Investing

_________________

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Feb 2017
Posts: 2
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
WE: Management Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
INSEAD PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2018, 06:24
1
Thanks, oneMBAcoach, and MBAPrepCoach for your prompt and detailed response. Appreciate your positive review of my profile.

I will try to get this target GMAT score and then come back to this thread later.

Best Regards
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Jun 2018
Posts: 2
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
INSEAD PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2018, 01:10
Hi everyone,

I'm planning to apply R1 (september) for INSEAD or the R1 March. Please provide a profile evaluation.

Age: 28 (29 at course start)
Sex: Male
Nationality: Indian
Work Ex: 5 years
GMAT: not scheduled yet
Languages: English, elementary French, Hindi, Bengali, Gujrati

Work Ex:

2016-Present
Working with a top 10 AEC company in India as an assistant arcitect. Worked in India and UAE.

Main responsibilities include design development and detail design packages, coordination with other disciplines, clients and manufacturers (spread over India, UAE and the UK) on global transport infrastructure projects. Was selected for job rotation to work on site at one the biggest transportation projects in the world (currently) and where the job required close coordination with contractors, AEC and ENC companies and government officials.

Develop project programs and bid proposals for the architecture team (having worked on bids upto GBP90000) and develop technological solutions to optimise workflow and productivity.

Developed a proposal for a high speed transport network in the subcontinent worth upto 4bnUSD that was shortlisted (top 35) out of 10000.

2014-2016
Architect at a smaller studio specialising in institutional architecture - responsibilities included delivering detail design packages and developing environmental design solutions to reduce operating and life cycle costs of the building for clients without compromising on the design.

Education:
M.Arch Environmental Design (2013) Top UK University, graduated with merit.
B.Arch (2012), 4.0 GPA (converted)

Extracurricular and Achievements:

Have multiple globally accepted architecture certifications (US and UK issuing bodies)
Co-founded the office football team, where we now participate in corporate football tournaments and organise intra-office tournaments every financial year.
Played in the school and college football teams.
Rotaract Club treasurer while in school where we organised community outreach programs for underprivileged and aged people.
Organised and participated in a football tournament in collaboration with the British Council and received special thank you notes from the then British High Commissioner in the city.
Co-founded an event management collective tasked with bringing bands to perform in our college town.
Imparted software training to an ad agency to enable them to speed up their iterative cycle. The software they were initially using, though capable of outputting a more detailed model was slowing down their turnaround times.
Trained with and imparted football training to underprivileged children for a period of two months after undergraduate studies as part of a small feeder club. The main coach was an ex player from India's oldest football club.

To move into strategy consulting in the field of transport infrastructure and smart cities where I will be able to leverage my skills and knowledge to have an impact during the planning and approval processes. Long term goal is to move into operational management in the field of transportation / transport infrastructure / AEC.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 29 Aug 2010
Posts: 356
Re: INSEAD PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2018, 01:19
mykdtt wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm planning to apply R1 (september) for INSEAD or the R1 March. Please provide a profile evaluation.

Age: 28 (29 at course start)
Sex: Male
Nationality: Indian

<<snip>>

To move into strategy consulting in the field of transport infrastructure and smart cities where I will be able to leverage my skills and knowledge to have an impact during the planning and approval processes. Long term goal is to move into operational management in the field of transportation / transport infrastructure / AEC.

A few reflections on your profile mykdtt:
  1. The work profile, and the fact that you've enhanced the brand of your employer, sounds interesting and relatively uncommon. You have done a reasonable job of articulating the business aspects of your profile - continue doing that to ensure you get the right mileage in your applications. Even if it's a top 10 firm, do bring out the right scale so that adcoms understand - the industry is not well represented in MBA applicants and the onus is on you to share the right perspectives.
  2. The continuity on the Football front will make for a good story. Read here as to why ECs matter.
  3. The 'fields' you've mentioned for Consulting are pretty niche and while top firms work in those areas, such projects are few and far between. Unless you are targeting some niche consulting firm (which by itself can be tough to get into after being an expensive MBA grad), make your plans a bit broader and research more on how the industry operates to bring the right rationale/insights.
  4. Don't convert the GPA ideally; read here. You'll have to push really hard on the GMAT to ensure adcoms are not worries about your analytical skills and potential.
  5. For reasons mentioned here, we do not speculate on school selection. That being said, it is always better to apply to a wider selection of schools, not just one.
Hope this helps some.
_________________

MG (Manish Gupta)|The MBA Crystal Ball Team

Website: http://www.mbacrystalball.com
Email: mcb at mbacrystalball dot com

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
S
Status: MBA Admissions Coach
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Joined: 18 Apr 2018
Posts: 257
Location: India
Schools: INSEAD, HEC, ISB, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: INSEAD PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2018, 01:25
1
Hello mykdtt

You have an overall solid profile. INSEAD will evaluate your candidature holistically on admission factors mentioned here.
Past academic scores look good. GMAT is, of course, the missing factor here which will play a big role in your specific case. What scores are you getting in mock tests? I'd recommend a 720+ for you.
Work ex is unique and will add diversity. International work ex is always helpful at INSEAD. I see some potentially great stories that will showcase direct business impact. Talk about your career progression and achievements more than role/responsibility in the application.
Extracurricular also look pretty interesting. Key will be to choose the right stories to send out a cohesive message.
Goals look organic too, just make sure you are not being too specific/niche. That can mean risk of employment and hence a red flag on applications. Link your past experience with the skills that an MBA will add to make this a successful and realistic transition. You could read more on career goals here.
TBH, for you key is going to be execution (and of course GMAT) more than anything. If you can tie your story well in the long INSEAD application, you are good to go. (I'm assuming you will ace the GMAT anyway :-) )
All the best for your GMAT & applications.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com


mykdtt wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm planning to apply R1 (september) for INSEAD or the R1 March. Please provide a profile evaluation.

Age: 28 (29 at course start)
Sex: Male
Nationality: Indian
Work Ex: 5 years
GMAT: not scheduled yet
Languages: English, elementary French, Hindi, Bengali, Gujrati

Work Ex:

2016-Present
Working with a top 10 AEC company in India as an assistant arcitect. Worked in India and UAE.

Main responsibilities include design development and detail design packages, coordination with other disciplines, clients and manufacturers (spread over India, UAE and the UK) on global transport infrastructure projects. Was selected for job rotation to work on site at one the biggest transportation projects in the world (currently) and where the job required close coordination with contractors, AEC and ENC companies and government officials.

Develop project programs and bid proposals for the architecture team (having worked on bids upto GBP90000) and develop technological solutions to optimise workflow and productivity.

Developed a proposal for a high speed transport network in the subcontinent worth upto 4bnUSD that was shortlisted (top 35) out of 10000.

2014-2016
Architect at a smaller studio specialising in institutional architecture - responsibilities included delivering detail design packages and developing environmental design solutions to reduce operating and life cycle costs of the building for clients without compromising on the design.

Education:
M.Arch Environmental Design (2013) Top UK University, graduated with merit.
B.Arch (2012), 4.0 GPA (converted)

Extracurricular and Achievements:

Have multiple globally accepted architecture certifications (US and UK issuing bodies)
Co-founded the office football team, where we now participate in corporate football tournaments and organise intra-office tournaments every financial year.
Played in the school and college football teams.
Rotaract Club treasurer while in school where we organised community outreach programs for underprivileged and aged people.
Organised and participated in a football tournament in collaboration with the British Council and received special thank you notes from the then British High Commissioner in the city.
Co-founded an event management collective tasked with bringing bands to perform in our college town.
Imparted software training to an ad agency to enable them to speed up their iterative cycle. The software they were initially using, though capable of outputting a more detailed model was slowing down their turnaround times.
Trained with and imparted football training to underprivileged children for a period of two months after undergraduate studies as part of a small feeder club. The main coach was an ex player from India's oldest football club.

To move into strategy consulting in the field of transport infrastructure and smart cities where I will be able to leverage my skills and knowledge to have an impact during the planning and approval processes. Long term goal is to move into operational management in the field of transportation / transport infrastructure / AEC.

_________________

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Jun 2018
Posts: 2
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Re: INSEAD PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2018, 06:05
Thanks MG4MBACrystalBall and oneMBAcoach for the feedback. Yet to sit down with a full GMAT practice test. Little worried about the Quant as math is generally not my strong suite though both my work and education did/does have a considerable quant base.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Feb 2018
Posts: 4
Concentration: International Business, Leadership
CAT Tests
Re: INSEAD PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2018, 11:41
Hey there everyone!
My name is Rachit. This is my first post on the GMAT club and am very excited to have found this evalutaion thread.
I will be extremely glad if somebody can review my profile.

My profile is as follows:

Age : 26
Sex : Male
Nationality : Indian
Education : Bachelor of Engineering, Mechanical
GMAT : Scheduled on Aug 11th

Work Ex: 5 years

2017 to present : Larsen & Toubro, Defence
Domain : Heavy Engineering & Manufacturing
Customer : Ministry of Defence, India
Tech Partner : Hanwha Tech, S.Korea

Key responsibilities :
1. Quality Planning & Monitoring
2. People Management and Manpower handling
3. Coordinate among different functions for production execution
4. Handling customer and technology partner visits
5. Handling Audits
6. Active member of Editorial team of Quarterly In-House Magazine

-Developed sketch-based inspection formats thereby reducing average inspection time and by 20%
-Implemented reuse of geometrical coordinates for speedy marking of large body structures
thereby saving 8 man-hour/man/shift

2013 to 2017 : TAL Manufacturing Solutions, Ltd.,
Domain : Composite Manufacturing & Aerospace
Customer : Boeing(US), Rolls-Royce (UK & Singapore) , Pratt & Whitney (US), Ruag (Germany)

Key responsibilities :
1. Handling Customer requests
2. Planning and execution of various first article activities
3. Contract review
4. Training people
5. Change Management
6. Root Cause and Corrective Action
7. Conducting internal audits
9. PFMEA expert
10 . Active member in various committees : Safety committee, SAP Trainers' team and Composite Repair group

- Was awarded as the employee of the month twice for before time execution of first article inspections for Boeing.
- Was selected for training on Supplier Self Release, AS: 13001 at Singapore
- Introduced paperless inspection-documentation system thereby reducing monthly stationary costs by 5000 INR approx

Extra-Curricular :
- Organized various cultural events during college
- Represented college at various national level events like Robocon
- Currently learning Bachata
- Working on a novel on my high-school life
- Donate blood at yearly intervals

Post-MBA goals :
Preference 1. To move into strategic consulting while banking on my skill-set, to help organizations perform better and make better decisions
Preference 2 : To move into International Brand Management to help organizations establish their presence in either new markets or strengthen their current positions


____________________
Rachit.MDS
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
S
Status: MBA Admissions Coach
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Joined: 18 Apr 2018
Posts: 257
Location: India
Schools: INSEAD, HEC, ISB, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: INSEAD PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2018, 21:53
1
Hello RachitMDS

Kudos to the detailed post. INSEAD will look at your profile in holistically on admission factors mentioned here.
While your work ex looks good & different, do you have any international work ex? Definitely not a deal breaker, but it can further enhance your profile at the likes of INSEAD. If not, make sure to bring out any cross cultural exposure that you have had. You have mentioned decent achievements and career progress and key will be to identify the right stories to tell to the AdCom.
Bachata & Novel as an EC could be interesting as long as you can show a serious involvement and a positive impact on your life.
Your industry and ECs will have to help you stand out in terms of diversity.
Career goals- make sure to hihglight how these goals are organic and link with your past experience and the transferable skills that you have gained in these 5 years. At the same time the goals are too different and disconnected, so you should choose the one that connects most with your past. Not sure how Brand Management plays into it. You could read more on career goals here.
Lastly, a critical piece is missing your academic background. What are your past grades and more importantly what score are you expecting in GMAT? I'd recommend a 730+ coming to stand out, as Indians are expected to score high (a competitive lot we are).
If you can get a high score, the key for your will be execution (identifying what and how to tell the AdCom)
Should you have further questions, let me know.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

RachitMDS wrote:
Hey there everyone!
My name is Rachit. This is my first post on the GMAT club and am very excited to have found this evalutaion thread.
I will be extremely glad if somebody can review my profile.

My profile is as follows:

Age : 26
Sex : Male
Nationality : Indian
Education : Bachelor of Engineering, Mechanical
GMAT : Scheduled on Aug 11th

Work Ex: 5 years

2017 to present : Larsen & Toubro, Defence
Domain : Heavy Engineering & Manufacturing
Customer : Ministry of Defence, India
Tech Partner : Hanwha Tech, S.Korea

Key responsibilities :
1. Quality Planning & Monitoring
2. People Management and Manpower handling
3. Coordinate among different functions for production execution
4. Handling customer and technology partner visits
5. Handling Audits
6. Active member of Editorial team of Quarterly In-House Magazine

-Developed sketch-based inspection formats thereby reducing average inspection time and by 20%
-Implemented reuse of geometrical coordinates for speedy marking of large body structures
thereby saving 8 man-hour/man/shift

2013 to 2017 : TAL Manufacturing Solutions, Ltd.,
Domain : Composite Manufacturing & Aerospace
Customer : Boeing(US), Rolls-Royce (UK & Singapore) , Pratt & Whitney (US), Ruag (Germany)

Key responsibilities :
1. Handling Customer requests
2. Planning and execution of various first article activities
3. Contract review
4. Training people
5. Change Management
6. Root Cause and Corrective Action
7. Conducting internal audits
9. PFMEA expert
10 . Active member in various committees : Safety committee, SAP Trainers' team and Composite Repair group

- Was awarded as the employee of the month twice for before time execution of first article inspections for Boeing.
- Was selected for training on Supplier Self Release, AS: 13001 at Singapore
- Introduced paperless inspection-documentation system thereby reducing monthly stationary costs by 5000 INR approx

Extra-Curricular :
- Organized various cultural events during college
- Represented college at various national level events like Robocon
- Currently learning Bachata
- Working on a novel on my high-school life
- Donate blood at yearly intervals

Post-MBA goals :
Preference 1. To move into strategic consulting while banking on my skill-set, to help organizations perform better and make better decisions
Preference 2 : To move into International Brand Management to help organizations establish their presence in either new markets or strengthen their current positions


____________________
Rachit.MDS

_________________

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Aug 2017
Posts: 3
Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 4
CAT Tests
INSEAD PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2018, 01:26
Hi

Need Profile evaluation for INSEAD Sept 2019 intake

Background
Indian, Male, 35

Education - B Tech Mechanical Engg from IIT Kanpur with GPA 7.5 (on a scale of 10)
GMAT - 760 Q51 V41 IR 8
Work Ex -
Never worked as a Mechanical Engineer.
Got selected for the leading FMCG Sales Company in a post MBA role (without a formal MBA)
Was sent to IIM Bangalore for an Executive Management prog from the company.
grew business in Northern India (inluding Himalayan States of Jammu-Kashmir and Himachal) and was awarded highest growing sales manager

took a sabbatical after 4 years to prepare for the Indian Administrative Services and got through with an under top 50 All India Rank
Worked extensively in rural and under developed areas (districts) of an Indian state.
Initiated a lot of projects in government schools and coached many tribal and rural students to reach to IIT.
Headed some large government organizations in CEO/MD/Director role
Presently heading an Examination Conducting body which conducts Computer based examinations for more than 3 million students annually

Language - Worked in English in the MNC. Working in Hindi in the government. Both Hindi and English are top level proficiency.

Extra - professional -
public speaker. Have won numerous inter school, inter college debates including one at the IAS academy
Have spoken for TEDx (the talk has 15k views on YouTube)
Have taught in an NGO School for 4 years during IIT days
Still go for motivational lectures and career counselling sessions to school children

Passionate about working in the area of Education Management especially for school children

Very limited International Exposure - worked for 4 weeks in Shanghai (China) for the FMCG firm doing market research for a dodorants brand, Trained at an Administration School in Singapore for 2 weeks, Spouse worked as a post doc researcher in Germany for 2 years so have stayed in Germany for long durations (8 weeks in total) on holidays. Have traveled around europe but mostly as a tourist. However, have picked up a lot of ideas of governance from European countries and tried implementing in the Indian State government
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
ARLee Consulting
User avatar
S
Status: MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Samsung Electronics HR Head | INSEAD Admissions Interviewer
Joined: 19 Dec 2017
Posts: 113
Location: Spain
INSEAD: MBA 11D
Concentration: Human Resources, Strategy
Re: INSEAD PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2018, 01:44
1
Hi CMT,

thank you for sharing your profile. It is indeed a quite interesting one.

I really like your professional experience, and your achievements. I also like very much extra-professional activities.

As you may know, just by looking at the details on your post, your two main vulnerabilities are your age and your limited international experience.

Current INSEAD's age range goes from 26 to 32 years old, so you would be on the older side. This is not necessarily a deal breaker though, but this means that INSEAD will expect more from you in terms of career progression. Make sure in your application you're able to show solid career progress with leadership experience. Also, make sure you're able to articulate in a compelling way the "Why an MBA Now".

You do have some international exposure, so make sure you leverage it well. One of INSEAD's admissions criteria is International Motivation, so also try to show yourself as someone internationally motivated (e.g. want to work outside of India post-MBA, curious about other cultures, etc...).

By the way, what are your career goals?

I hope this helps.

For a more detailed discussion, feel free to PM me or email me directly at alex@arleeconsulting.com.

Good luck!
Alex
_________________

Image

Alex Ruiz Lee, INSEAD MBA'11D & Admissions Interviewer
ARLee Consulting - Founder and Managing Director
MBA Admissions & Career Coach
HR Executive Director

Mobile: +52 1 55 2702 0059
Email: alex@arleeconsulting.com | alex@ruizlee.es
Skype: alexruizlee
Web: http://www.ARLeeConsulting.com
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/alexruizlee/

Please, email us your CV for a free evaluation of your candidacy

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Aug 2017
Posts: 3
Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 4
CAT Tests
Re: INSEAD PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2018, 02:07
ARLeeConsulting wrote:
Hi CMT,

thank you for sharing your profile. It is indeed a quite interesting one.

I really like your professional experience, and your achievements. I also like very much extra-professional activities.

As you may know, just by looking at the details on your post, your two main vulnerabilities are your age and your limited international experience.

Current INSEAD's age range goes from 26 to 32 years old, so you would be on the older side. This is not necessarily a deal breaker though, but this means that INSEAD will expect more from you in terms of career progression. Make sure in your application you're able to show solid career progress with leadership experience. Also, make sure you're able to articulate in a compelling way the "Why an MBA Now".

You do have some international exposure, so make sure you leverage it well. One of INSEAD's admissions criteria is International Motivation, so also try to show yourself as someone internationally motivated (e.g. want to work outside of India post-MBA, curious about other cultures, etc...).

By the way, what are your career goals?

I hope this helps.

For a more detailed discussion, feel free to PM me or email me directly at alex@arleeconsulting.com.

Good luck!
Alex


thanks a ton for the quick response

I totally understand my limitations of age and limited international exposure. Post MBA goals are to work in an international environment, preferably consulting and preferably in Education Sector and bring back that learning to India to revamp the Indian School Education System. I want an international exposure at this juncture of my career as I have hit a glass ceiling in my exposure to Indian setup (worked with both private and public sector). Your feedback is valuable and I will incorporate them in my application. Thanks :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
S
Status: MBA Admissions Coach
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Joined: 18 Apr 2018
Posts: 257
Location: India
Schools: INSEAD, HEC, ISB, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: INSEAD PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2018, 02:38
Hello CMT

Wow. You are an achiever. Is there something that you have not done?
You score very high on all admission factors (which you can read about here)
Academics, Work Ex, Extracurricular are all off the charts.
Honestly, for you only 2 things will matter-
1. Execution of the application
2. Showcasing a compelling need for an MBA. (not sure after all you've done and where you're at, you need an MBA). You may wish to read here to add to your research on career goals.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com



CMT wrote:
Hi

Need Profile evaluation for INSEAD Sept 2019 intake

Background
Indian, Male, 35

Education - B Tech Mechanical Engg from IIT Kanpur with GPA 7.5 (on a scale of 10)
GMAT - 760 Q51 V41 IR 8
Work Ex -
Never worked as a Mechanical Engineer.
Got selected for the leading FMCG Sales Company in a post MBA role (without a formal MBA)
Was sent to IIM Bangalore for an Executive Management prog from the company.
grew business in Northern India (inluding Himalayan States of Jammu-Kashmir and Himachal) and was awarded highest growing sales manager

took a sabbatical after 4 years to prepare for the Indian Administrative Services and got through with an under top 50 All India Rank
Worked extensively in rural and under developed areas (districts) of an Indian state.
Initiated a lot of projects in government schools and coached many tribal and rural students to reach to IIT.
Headed some large government organizations in CEO/MD/Director role
Presently heading an Examination Conducting body which conducts Computer based examinations for more than 3 million students annually

Language - Worked in English in the MNC. Working in Hindi in the government. Both Hindi and English are top level proficiency.

Extra - professional -
public speaker. Have won numerous inter school, inter college debates including one at the IAS academy
Have spoken for TEDx (the talk has 15k views on YouTube)
Have taught in an NGO School for 4 years during IIT days
Still go for motivational lectures and career counselling sessions to school children

Passionate about working in the area of Education Management especially for school children

Very limited International Exposure - worked for 4 weeks in Shanghai (China) for the FMCG firm doing market research for a dodorants brand, Trained at an Administration School in Singapore for 2 weeks, Spouse worked as a post doc researcher in Germany for 2 years so have stayed in Germany for long durations (8 weeks in total) on holidays. Have traveled around europe but mostly as a tourist. However, have picked up a lot of ideas of governance from European countries and tried implementing in the Indian State government

_________________

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Oct 2016
Posts: 1
Re: INSEAD PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2018, 06:52
Hi all,

Requesting a profile evaluation for the Sept 19 intake. Looking to apply in R1

Nationality: Indian
Age as on 2018 Sept: 30
GMAT: 750 (Q50, V40; IR 8; AWA 5.5)

Education
Graduation (2007-11): Bachelor in Engineering from top 10 non-IIT university in India. GPA 8.63/10 (First class hons.)
Post-graduation (2014-16): Post Graduate Diploma in Management from IIM. GPA 3.2/4.33 (top 30% of batch)

Work experience
Total work-experience during matriculation: 6 years
1. 2011-2014: Technology consultant at a big4 firm. Based in India. Includes an 8-month stint in the Middle East. Though there was no promotion, I was made the team lead after a year.
2. 2016-current: Strategy consultant at a boutique international consulting firm. Focused on aerospace industry. Based out of Malaysia. Worked on projects in Thailand and South Korea too. Have been working as the lead consultant from my second project onwards, leading a team of 2-3 individuals.

International experience: Worked in India (26 months), Saudi Arabia (8 months), Malaysia (6 months) and Thailand (9 months), South Korea (2 months).

Work Achievements:
1. 2011-14: Received highest performance rating for 2 consecutive years in the big4 firm. Also received awards for client appreciation and team work.
2. 2016-17: Helped the firm in developing proposals in bidding for consulting projects. Contributed to winning projects worth USD 1 million.
Delivered aerospace industry briefings in Malaysia and Thailand.
Leading the firm's media engagements for aerospace industry. Quoted by several leading media houses in the region and in US.

Extra-curricular activities/achievements
1. Elected member of sports committee during PGDM.
2. Campus champions and national finalists at several case study competitions during PGDM organised by corporate such as Deloitte, Panasonic, etc.
3. Member of the IIM sports team for three different sports.
4. Worked as an online columnist at 2 leading sports websites in India. Authored 120+ articles. Still engaged with one of them, but not very frequent.
5. Former columnist at one of India's leading satire and humour websites.

Community Service
1. Was part of the corporate social responsibility team of the big4 firm. Worked with several local NGOs. Awarded a certificate of appreciation by the firm
2. Have been involved as a volunteer with a few other NGOs. Currently involved with a Malaysian NGO as a weekend tutor to refugee children.

Post-MBA goals
Short-term: Move to a corporate role within the aerospace industry for 2-3 yrs.
Medium to Long term: Start-up on my own in the aerospace domain

Would welcome any sort of feedback.
I have a specific question about the goals I have set. Are they goals too specific? Considering not too many aerospace companies will come for campus recruitment. However, there are INSEAD grads in the industry and I have been able to connect with a couple of them. Also, both France and Singapore are aerospace hubs and I can look to network with industry practitioners while pursuing the MBA.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
S
Status: MBA Admissions Coach
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Joined: 18 Apr 2018
Posts: 257
Location: India
Schools: INSEAD, HEC, ISB, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: INSEAD PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2018, 07:03
Hello reddevils88

Many positives in your profile. Acads, work ex, achievements, extracurricular (adds to diversity) and international experience will all help.
If you have done your research well and can showcase that you are not a recruitment risk (with examples from ground zero) then you should be fine.
Honestly, it is just the execution of application that is key for you. Goals otherwise seem pretty organic. It will now simply depend on how you weave the story, seamlessly linking your past, present, MBA and future.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com


reddevils88 wrote:
Hi all,

Requesting a profile evaluation for the Sept 19 intake. Looking to apply in R1

Nationality: Indian
Age as on 2018 Sept: 30
GMAT: 750 (Q50, V40; IR 8; AWA 5.5)

Education
Graduation (2007-11): Bachelor in Engineering from top 10 non-IIT university in India. GPA 8.63/10 (First class hons.)
Post-graduation (2014-16): Post Graduate Diploma in Management from IIM. GPA 3.2/4.33 (top 30% of batch)

Work experience
Total work-experience during matriculation: 6 years
1. 2011-2014: Technology consultant at a big4 firm. Based in India. Includes an 8-month stint in the Middle East. Though there was no promotion, I was made the team lead after a year.
2. 2016-current: Strategy consultant at a boutique international consulting firm. Focused on aerospace industry. Based out of Malaysia. Worked on projects in Thailand and South Korea too. Have been working as the lead consultant from my second project onwards, leading a team of 2-3 individuals.

International experience: Worked in India (26 months), Saudi Arabia (8 months), Malaysia (6 months) and Thailand (9 months), South Korea (2 months).

Work Achievements:
1. 2011-14: Received highest performance rating for 2 consecutive years in the big4 firm. Also received awards for client appreciation and team work.
2. 2016-17: Helped the firm in developing proposals in bidding for consulting projects. Contributed to winning projects worth USD 1 million.
Delivered aerospace industry briefings in Malaysia and Thailand.
Leading the firm's media engagements for aerospace industry. Quoted by several leading media houses in the region and in US.

Extra-curricular activities/achievements
1. Elected member of sports committee during PGDM.
2. Campus champions and national finalists at several case study competitions during PGDM organised by corporate such as Deloitte, Panasonic, etc.
3. Member of the IIM sports team for three different sports.
4. Worked as an online columnist at 2 leading sports websites in India. Authored 120+ articles. Still engaged with one of them, but not very frequent.
5. Former columnist at one of India's leading satire and humour websites.

Community Service
1. Was part of the corporate social responsibility team of the big4 firm. Worked with several local NGOs. Awarded a certificate of appreciation by the firm
2. Have been involved as a volunteer with a few other NGOs. Currently involved with a Malaysian NGO as a weekend tutor to refugee children.

Post-MBA goals
Short-term: Move to a corporate role within the aerospace industry for 2-3 yrs.
Medium to Long term: Start-up on my own in the aerospace domain

Would welcome any sort of feedback.
I have a specific question about the goals I have set. Are they goals too specific? Considering not too many aerospace companies will come for campus recruitment. However, there are INSEAD grads in the industry and I have been able to connect with a couple of them. Also, both France and Singapore are aerospace hubs and I can look to network with industry practitioners while pursuing the MBA.

_________________

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

Expert Post
MBA Decoder Admissions Consultant
User avatar
P
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 1282
INSEAD PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2018, 10:39
RachitMDS wrote:
Hey there everyone!
My name is Rachit. This is my first post on the GMAT club and am very excited to have found this evalutaion thread.
I will be extremely glad if somebody can review my profile.

My profile is as follows:
Work Ex: 5 years

2017 to present : Larsen & Toubro, Defence
Domain : Heavy Engineering & Manufacturing
Customer : Ministry of Defence, India
Tech Partner : Hanwha Tech, S.Korea

-Developed sketch-based inspection formats thereby reducing average inspection time and by 20%
-Implemented reuse of geometrical coordinates for speedy marking of large body structures
thereby saving 8 man-hour/man/shift

2013 to 2017 : TAL Manufacturing Solutions, Ltd.,
Domain : Composite Manufacturing & Aerospace
Customer : Boeing(US), Rolls-Royce (UK & Singapore) , Pratt & Whitney (US), Ruag (Germany)

- Was awarded as the employee of the month twice for before time execution of first article inspections for Boeing.
- Was selected for training on Supplier Self Release, AS: 13001 at Singapore
- Introduced paperless inspection-documentation system thereby reducing monthly stationary costs by 5000 INR approx

Extra-Curricular :
- Currently learning Bachata
- Working on a novel on my high-school life
- Donate blood at yearly intervals

Post-MBA goals :
Preference 1. To move into strategic consulting while banking on my skill-set, to help organizations perform better and make better decisions
Preference 2 : To move into International Brand Management to help organizations establish their presence in either new markets or strengthen their current positions


____________________
Rachit.MDS


Hi Rachit,

at a personal level, I am always impressed with applicants working in defence or aerospace - I hope the same extends for the adcoms as well. These sectors typically make up a very small percentage of the class, so the adcom should find some diversity in your profile. Your job ofcourse will be to communicate this diversity through the resume, essays and recos and also demonstrate how you will contribute to the class- a key admission criterion.

INSEAD has three other criteria on which they evaluate applicants-
1. your academic capability - you've not mentioned your undergrad scores here and we are yet to know the GMAT score. I will root for a 720+ GMAT score.
2. International exposure- you have worked with clients from various countries. Make sure to get this element out amply in the application as INSEAD really cares about this.
3. Leadership- although your profile has been technical, emphasize on the softer side of your experience- when you made an impact on your organization/ client/ teams because of your leadership skills. This is gonna be tres important (I am brushing up some French for you :))

Another requirement at INSEAD: they do care about a well-rounded profile and ask a question on your ECA and how your extracurricular pursuits have enriched you- you seem to have little dope here (Bachata and paper saving). mentioning how these activities have enriched you will provide some meaningful insights as well as show what you are passionate about and how you can contribute to business school.

REgarding the career goals, I am unable to see a direct connection with what you have done so far and your plan b- brand management. I'd spend some time researching this before putting it down in the application - specifically if you want to hang around in France for a couple of years after MBA. Brand management roles typically require a thorough understanding of the market pulse, which may be hard to acquire as an international student.

Reach out if you wish to discuss your profile.
_________________

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772, +91(80) 40931397
Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Write to us for a FREE profile evaluation
Read our blog:The MBA Decoder Bulletin
Read our Testimonials
View the Deadlines

INSEAD PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 13 Jul 2018, 10:39

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   [ 415 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

INSEAD PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.