Joined: 18 Mar 2014
, given: 0
Profile Evaluation Request-Indian Male,Project Mgmt. Work Ex [#permalink]
27 Apr 2014, 23:30
I've recently taken the GMAT and have managed a 710 (IR-4, AWA- yet to receive, expecting atleast a 4.5). I’m planning to apply for the fall 2015 to the schools that are mentioned later on. I humbly request you’ll to evaluate my profile and give me some feedback.
Indian Male, 24 years
UG: BE Mechanical engineering from Osmania University, India with an aggregate of 81%
Work experience – Project Management (3 years till date)
1. Worked for the first 2 years at India’s largest Engineering and Construction Company as a graduate trainee and was promoted within a year to a Senior Engineer. Responsibilities included-
• Project execution in the mechanical department of a Blast furnace Construction project.
• Section incharge for an area that covered approximately ¼’Th of the total scope of the project.
• Optimizing the use of manpower and plant & machinery, to achieve targets within the timeframe stipulated by our client while supervising, training and mentoring a 150+ strong workforce.
2. Currently working in a company that makes pollution control equipment since 1 year as an Assistant Manager (Projects). Responsibilities include-
• Project planning, scheduling and coordination for the mechanical works for 3 pollution control equipment installation projects.
• Planning a project by breaking it down into critical milestones based on overall duration of the projecting and estimating the overall resources (manpower and machinery) that will be required during the execution life cycle.
• Coordinating with the sites to ensure timely availability of materials at the site in order to achieve targets stipulated by the client.
Key Achievements –
1. Was the team leader of a group which, under the guidance of one of India’s largest consulting firm, managed to complete a major portion of the work in my area in a record time, using approximately 45% of the workforce normally used otherwise in different sites.
2. Awarded ‘Best Quality Engineer’ in my division consisting of about 50 engineers in site at my first job.
3. Consistently in the top 10% of my batch during Engineering.
4. Secured a rank in the state entrance examination that placed me in the top 1% of the state(about 200,000 students)
5. Participated in number academic projects at techfests including the SAE BAJA INDIA, where each team was asked to model and simulate a single seater all terrain vehicle that could theoretically be mass produced.
1. A former cadet in the National Cadet Corps under the Air Force Squadron.
2. Executive Member of the planning committee for the Mechanical departmental fests and activities such as science conference of the college
3. Represented the school in many inter-school sports meet and won many laurels for the Relay team of the school.
4. Active member of an NGO that strives to provide underprivileged children of a few villages an education by enrolling them in schools and bearing the costs. Working in the team that collects funds for the cause.
My aim is to work as a consultant in the operations industry and hope that my 4 years experience till July 2015 (2 years in project execution and 2 years in project planning and coordination) will be helpful to the value of my profile.
The following universities are the ones that I will definitely be applying to for the 2 year program-
1. Northwestern university, Kellogg
2. Duke university, Fuqua
3. University of Michigan, Ross
4. Carnegie mellon, tepper
5. University of north Carolina, Kenan Flagler
I also plan to apply to 4 more schools but I’m still undecided on which ones. I will be grateful for any suggestions of schools that I should apply to where my profile matches the schools requirement.
Thanks in advance!