GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 24 Aug 2019, 13:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Oxford Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Affiliations: NUS
Concentration: General Management, Real Estate
GPA: 3.76
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Oxford Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 19 Jun 2019, 07:32
*deleted*

Originally posted by bungeejon on 29 May 2019, 23:42.
Last edited by bungeejon on 19 Jun 2019, 07:32, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Re: Oxford Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jun 2019, 06:25
Hello Experts

I request your views and advice on my profile.

Background:
Indian Female, 28 yrs
Doctor (MBBS)
GMAT (yet-to-give) target 710

Education:
Bachelor in Medicine and Surgery

Work Experience: Total 5 years
Job 1 - Medical Officer (6m)
Job 2 - Medical Officer and Co-ordinator of medical unit (9m)
Job 3 - Founding member of healthcare startup. The start-up did not take off due to multiple operational reasons. (1y)
Job 4 - Program Manager of an international academic Masters program in Asia brought in collaboration with a UL university. 2 years into the program has more than 70 surgeons from 7 nationalities across Asia. Laid the foundation of the program. Was in-charge of medical operations as well as the NGO associated with the same organisation in multiple community activities including fund-raising. (1.5y)
Job 5 - Currently the founder of a social start-up for the elderly (1y)
Overall a slightly more intrapreneurial and entrepreneurial resume. The journey has come with its fair share of learning.

Extra curriculars - Teaching underprivileged students, part of an NGO
Post MBA Goal -
Short term - to get into social impact sector either in foundations such as Bill & Mellinda Gates or social businesses or social impact consulting. I want to work with organisations across the world with deep community engagement. Heavy interest in relocation abrad (Eu/US) to work at the best of social impact organisations with a focus on healthcare
Long term - Drive my own social venture and get into social impact investment
Intern
Intern
Re: Oxford Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jun 2019, 06:34
Hello Experts

I request your views and advice on my profile.

Background:
Indian Female, 28 yrs
Doctor (MBBS)
GMAT (yet-to-give) target 710

Education:
Bachelor in Medicine and Surgery

Work Experience: Total 5 years
Job 1 - Medical Officer (6m)
Job 2 - Medical Officer and Co-ordinator of medical unit (9m)
Job 3 - Founding member of healthcare startup. The start-up did not take off due to multiple operational reasons. (1y)
Job 4 - Program Manager of an international academic Masters program in Asia brought in collaboration with a UK university. Currently, the program has more than 70 surgeons representing 7 nationalities across Asia. Additionally was in-charge of operations at the NGO associated with the same organisation including fund-raising activities. Was the intern co-ordinator for international students coming to the NGO for summer internships.(1.5y)
Job 5 - Currently the founder of a social start-up for the elderly (1y)
Overall a slightly more intrapreneurial and entrepreneurial resume. The journey has come with its fair share of learning.

Extra curriculars - Teaching underprivileged students, part of an NGO
Post MBA Goal
Short term - to get into social impact sector either in foundations such as Bill & Mellinda Gates or social businesses or social impact consulting. I want to work with organisations across the world with deep community engagement. Heavy interest in relocation abroad to work at renowned social impact organisations with a focus on healthcare.
Long term - Drive my own social venture and get into social impact investment
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: AGSM '15

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2019, 14:20
Hi,

it would be grateful if you could evaluate my profile. I am planning to apply for Masters of Finance. I am also targeting other schools in England, such as LSE, Oxford, etc.

- Graduated from the top Canadian University
- Bachelor in Commerce
- Worked at Big 4 Audit for 2 years
- CFA level 1
- GMAT 730
- GPA = 3.1 --> my concern, planning to write an optional essay
- Various club activities in University

According to their website, the minimum GPA requirement is 3.5. But, I heard that if you are applying from the top Canadian University and have high GMAT, you still have chance to get into the program.

Thanks,
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '21
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.2
Profile Evaluation for Oxford Said class of 2020 application  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2019, 01:42
Hi all,

I want to understand my profile evaluation for application to Oxford Said for the class of 2020.

Academics:
Class 10 , St. Columba's School New Delhi: 10 CGPA
Class 12 (CBSE) , St. Columba's School New Delhi : 92%
Undergraduate, Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology , Instrumentation and Control: 71% (8 CGPA)
GMAT 720 (Q49V40)

Work Experience
Analyst, The Boston Consulting Group. (2Y)
-Have worked with global clients primarily in Logistics/Operations and People Management. Have worked onsite primarily in Asian Markets (Singapore, Thailand), European Markets (Germany) and Middle East (Saudi Arabia and UAE).
-One of the earliest member and contributor of BCG Turn's Zero Based Budgeting team. Raised ~100Mn USD overall
-Part of pilot Junior Analyst hiring by BCG run, one of 3 fast-track promotions out of a cohort of over 10. Winner of various Client Impact and Internal Impact awards at BCG.
-Also part of BCG Shark tank project, where we built a framework combining analytics with clean energy to enable BCG to get proposal conversions for 3 clients worth $30Mn net.
-Currently overseeing 5 people in temporary leadership capacity.

Multiple internships in analytics domain during under graduation

Extracurricular
Chief Strategy Consultant, The Shashi Foundation
-Leading the corporate strategy outreach team for the Non Profit Organisation
-Successful in getting CSR MOUs for 3 corporations in 2019 with projects impacting ~2000 people and funds worth ~5 Lakh
-Devised strategy for 10 village rollout plan for Project Padhao in villages across NCR and Haryana

Marketing Director, ENACTUS NSIT
-Creation of multi-channel marketing strategy for a global social entrepreneurship student body.

Awards and Recognition
~2 BCG awards in individual capacity
~1 BCG awards in team capacity
~Winner of 3 Undergraduate Case study Competitions

Let me know what else is required from your side.

Looking for your guidance!
Thanks,
Ayush
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '21
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.2

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2019, 01:45
Hi all!

I want to understand my profile evaluation for application to Oxford Said for the class of 2020.

Academics:
Undergraduate, Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology , Instrumentation and Control: 71% (8 CGPA)
GMAT 720 (Q49V40)

Work Experience
-Have worked with global clients primarily in Logistics/Operations and People Management. Have worked onsite primarily in Asian Markets (Singapore, Thailand), European Markets (Germany) and Middle East (Saudi Arabia and UAE).
-One of the earliest member and contributor of BCG Turn's Zero Based Budgeting team. Raised ~100Mn USD overall
-Part of pilot Junior Analyst hiring by BCG run, one of 3 fast-track promotions out of a cohort of over 10. Winner of various Client Impact and Internal Impact awards at BCG.
-Also part of BCG Shark tank project, where we built a framework combining analytics with clean energy to enable BCG to get proposal conversions for 3 clients worth $30Mn net.

Extracurricular
-Successful in getting CSR MOUs for 3 corporations in 2019 with projects impacting ~2000 people and funds worth ~5 Lakh
-Devised strategy for 10 village rollout plan for Project Padhao in villages across NCR and Haryana

-Creation of multi-channel marketing strategy for a global social entrepreneurship student body.

Awards and Recognition
~5 BCG awards in individual capacity
~3 BCG awards in team capacity

Thanks,
Ayush
INSEAD School Moderator
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Profile Evaluation for Oxford Said class of 2020 application  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2019, 03:19
Hi ayush_95, decent UG, BCG is always strong, and your GMAT is competitive; I always like to see 20 points over the average for overrepresented candidates. I like the entrepreneurship activities and you seem to have a good track record of contribution; this will help separate you from other Indians.

Would make sure to articulate somewhere how you have benefited from working with global teams/colleagues and how Said is a fit in the same way. However 2 years is VERY light especially for a European school; I would only apply if you can demonstrate how you have made an impact in those 2 years - preferably a quantitative impact. Process improvement, something that helped save time and money, increased capacity for time and money, that kind of thing.

Also, would need to make sure your goals align with Oxford and their strengths (global program, finance, that sort of thing.)

ayush_95 wrote:
Hi all,

Academics:
GMAT 720 (Q49V40)

Work Experience

Extracurricular

Awards and Recognition
~2 BCG awards in individual capacity
~1 BCG awards in team capacity

Thanks,
Ayush

Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User
Profile Evaluation for Oxford Said class of 2020 application  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2019, 09:23
I would love a profile review and some guidance regarding admission to the following schools for a full-time MBA from this year, arranged according to preference (please ignore the other schools other than Oxford Said if that is what the rules of this thread entail):

Oxford Said
Cambridge Judge
Imperial Business School
Cornell Johnson

I am sending a snapshot of my profile below:

GRE General Test: 328/340 on the GRE. Subscores are 169/170 in Verbal (top 1%), 159/170 in Quant. 4.5/6 in AWA

TOEFL: 113/120

Post-MBA goals & motivation:
1) Work as a leader for socially impactful, tech-enabled organizations
2) Establish my own social venture/s, preferably in mobile health and education
3) Make use of my experience in telecommunications and IT management to attain the aforementioned goals
4) Not be constrained by borders with the recognition from a top business school focused on social intervention, and use the alumni network to attain the aforementioned goals, i.e. lending credibility and connections that would help me spearhead social initiatives

My current city is Dhaka, Bangladesh, where I hail from. My post-MBA locations are preferably in my country, Bangladesh, where CSR is still in a nascent stage and there is much need for social initiatives, and in MENA, a region which I am greatly interested in.

Work experience:
- 4.5 years+ at present, with 2 years of Managerial role for Product and Analytics Marketing in the 11th largest Telecommunications MNC in the world
- 1 report, headed multiple CFTs
- Multiple work recognition and awards (such as the Marketing Pride of 2018 Q2, and again Marketing Pride of 2019 Q1)
- Successful completion of 1-month international assignment and placement in HQ
- Former Management Trainee with fast track progression to Managerial role
- Project Manager for the largest corporate merger and the first telecom merger in Bangladesh
- Product Manager for Facebook's Freebasics program in Bangladesh

Special Work experience:
- Beside my primary job, I also work as a Digital Engagement Advisor at a nonprofit organization that primary works on empowering Bangladeshi rural medical practitioners. The organization was cofounded by an Oxford Said MBA graduate and a Harvard Kennedy graduate. I am responsible for advising the project unit on digital engagement interventions. I have been with the organization for 3 months, as of now. Working with the Oxford Said alumnus, an individual whom I look upto for his business acumen and professional attributes, has especially inspired me to apply for an MBA at Said.

Undergrad:
Institute of Business Administration (IBA), University of Dhaka (DU)
(IBA, DU is the most renowned and the most competitive business school in Bangladesh)

CGPA of 3.13/4
Major: Finance
Minor: Marketing

Professional association:
Associate, Chartered Institute of Marketing, UK

ECAs:
-Multiple international and national awards in social entrepreneurship business competitions
-Was featured at the front page and special panel in the national newspaper of my country, as the winner of an international business competition where my team beat teams from top universities such as MIT
-Winner of Global Health Prize in the Global Social Entrepreneurship Competition (GSEC) of 2013, hosted by Foster School of Business, University of Washington
-Winner of Social Entrepreneurship Competition awarded by Nobel Laureate Muhammad Yunus
-Coordination of nationwide charity drives, with a team of +100 people indirectly/directly reporting
-Wrote business articles for the most circulated business magazine of Bangladesh
-Was awarded national merit prizes for academic excellence in O and A levels

Posted from my mobile device
Attachments

File comment: Attached my resume in case it helps with the profile review
Resume of Naseef Us Sakib (Updated Jun '19).pdf [487.39 KiB]
Downloaded 5 times

To download please login or register as a user

File comment: Attached my resume in case it helps
Resume of Naseef Us Sakib (Updated Jun '19).pdf [487.39 KiB]
Downloaded 7 times

To download please login or register as a user

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2019, 03:35
Hello All !

Please evaluate my profile and let me know on the chances of getting in

Nationality : Indian
Class X : 93%
CLass 12 : 98%
Btech in Mechanical engineering( JNTU university hyderabad) : 86%
Mtech in BITS Pilani (WILP) : 97.5%
GMAT Score : 710

Overall 6 years of experience in Aerospace manufacturing company " Tata Advanced systems Limited"
3 years in Operations ( Production, Engineering, Tooling)
3 years in Supply chain ( Strategic sourcing team)
Certifications:
Lean six sigma green belt trained and led several projects

Extra curriculars :
Participated in indoor sports and atheltics at school, college and comapny level.
Participated in CSR initiatives from company side.

Post MBA goal:
Leading global supply chain teams across different industries.

Please let me know.

Thanks !

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2019, 20:29
Hi all,

First time posting in the GMAT Club forum and hoping to get some feedback on my profile and an overall assessment on the likelihood of getting an interview with Oxford.

Background and nationality = Canadian

Undergrad Information = Completed an Honours BComm at McMaster University with a focus in Accounting & Finance

GMAT: 620 (Q44, V33)

Work experience and leadership: I manage and own a few businesses the most notable being a large event space in Toronto where we host a variety of social and corporate events ranging from Weddings, Receptions, Galas, Corporate Meetings, etc. This is a family business that I helped start alongside my brother and father. It is now lead by my brother and I. We host over 300 events a year and guest sizes range from 100-1500 guests. I am also a franchisee of a major convenience store franchise in Toronto, where I currently own and operate 3 locations. Also have a small size private investment

Community and others
-Very much enjoy travelling and hiking/mountain climbing. Most notable climbs so far include Mt. Kilimanjaro and Mt. Carrauntoohil. Have currently booked a trip to Nepal to complete the 3 Passes Trek.
-I am involved in a social group where I act as a mentor for high school students and help create social engagement opportunities

Post MBA goals
-Further streamline the operations of my businesses so that I may start and grow new ventures in a sustainable manner.
-Strengthen international network and gain confidence conducting business internationally.

I am a bit concerned that my GMAT score may be too low so I am working towards writing the exam again, however I do not want to miss Round 1. Would it be advisable to apply with my current score or should I rewrite and then apply? Based off my schedule, the earliest I could see myself writing would be 1 week before the deadline.

Any help is appreciated and please do let me know if any other information is required. Would also love any suggestions of schools I should research into given my profile!

Thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2019, 21:24
Hello!

Requesting a profile evaluation for Oxford Said please.

Background and nationality: Female, Indian

Undergrad Information:
Graduated with a 9.0 of 10 CGPA from a non-IIT college in India.
I topped my university in my first year of Information Science branch beating around 2500 students and securing a maximum grade of S in 11/12 subjects. As a result of this I got a merit seat in Computer Science and then went onto complete the remaining 3 years of my undergrad as a computer science student.
(Information Science and Computer Science are essentially the same branches in India with almost the same curriculum - Computer Science is slightly on the tougher side)
I interned with a local IT company in my second year of engineering.
I was an active volunteer for 1.5 years at a well known NGO - I taught Math and Science to the students of Grade 8, 9 and 10.
An active volunteer at college cultural events too throughout my undergrad.

GMAT: 700 (Q47, V40) - I really need help deducing if this is sufficient to get me Oxford Said! Will this score hamper my chances?

Work experience and leadership:
In my last semester of undergrad - I interned for 6 months with a Fortune 100 US company and landed a job with them. Been working with them for the past 4 years in the capacity of a software developer.
I was promoted to Senior Associate in my second year and to Manager in my third year with them.
I lead the Scrum/Agile process for the team and am always the talking point when it comes to interacting with the US counterparts.
I am very well known throughout the global team to be able to multi-manage and communicate effortlessly. I usually lead all the team calls and am always depended most upon to manage the team dynamics.
I am also known to be extremely creative and won the best creative team award for my team at one of our Global events.
I am active member with the firm's Toastmasters club and have served on its club officers group for a year (as a Vice President of PR and as Club Secretary)
I have participated in public speaking competitions(won second place at Division level), hosted events(hosted the area and Division events in my city), mentored folks (mainly involves honing their public speaking and leadership skills by providing constructive feedback/evaluations for every project/level they complete and guiding them structure and prepare their speeches) all over my city. I mentor about 25 people within my home club. I have completed the first level of toastmasters international and am currently in the advanced level. I have been recognized with a special award for my exemplary contribution to Toastmasters as a mentor and as a fellow toastmaster.

Since I come from a tech background and my interest lies in General Consulting/Marketing - a number of schools fit my bill. I am yet to zero in on which schools to finally apply to - but it would be much help to get some insight on where I stand in the crowd.
Are top 15-20 suggested or can I target top 10-20 schools in the US?
Is Oxford(Said) doable with my profile? Same uncertainty with NUS Singapore!
Any leads/directions will be helpful!

All suggestions will be much appreciated. Many Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Oxford Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here   [#permalink] 09 Aug 2019, 21:24

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 31 posts ] 

Oxford Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: nvdmurty