GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 04 Jul 2020, 04:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Oxford Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Status: Preparing for GMAT
Joined: 09 May 2019
Posts: 8
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Technology
Schools: Rotman, Schulich, NUS, Erasmus
GPA: 3.36
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Re: Oxford Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2019, 07:53
24 year old, Male, Indian
XII - 95%
B.Tech. in Electronics engineering: 8.4/10 GPA
GMAT: 710, yet to take IELTS
WE: Will have 4 years by September 2020. IT consulting in one of the big fours with focus on business development
Volunteer: Volunteering at a non-profit organization which offers classroom services for special kids. Hobbies include team sports (football and basketball), debating and quizzing
Post-MBA goals - Make a career switch to one of the Investment Management firms

Kindly evaluate my profile for Said and suggest areas of improvement.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Mar 2019
Posts: 8
Location: India
Schools: NTU '21 (D)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V34
Oxford Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 09 Oct 2019, 07:59
Hello All,
Please help me to evaluate my profile for SBS

Nationality- Indian, Male, Age-24

Undergraduate- National Institute of Technology Jamshedpur, India (CGPA-8.46) Completed in May 2017
12th- 94.6%
10th- 10 CGPA
GMAT SCORE- 710

Professional Experience:-
1. 25 months of Total Work experience- 2 months in South Korea
2. Organization -Leading Mobile electronics company
3. Current Role - Engineer, Involved in RnD
4. Experience in handling RnD projects from concept to market launch
5. Experience in working with multi-cultural and multi-national teams

Achievements:-
1. Best performance award
2. Spot Award
3. Winner of several inter-university dramatics competitions

Co-curricular Activities
1. President of Students' Council of university
2. General Secretary of Students' Council of university
3. Joint Alumni Secretary of Students' Council of university
4. First Year Representative of Students' Council of university
5. Member of Alumni Relations Cell in University

Posted from my mobile device

Originally posted by neelbiswas01 on 08 Oct 2019, 17:46.
Last edited by neelbiswas01 on 09 Oct 2019, 07:59, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Jun 2017
Posts: 8
Location: Thailand
Schools: Babson '22, AGSM '21
GPA: 3.9
Reviews Badge
Re: Oxford Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2019, 06:48
Hi. I would like some feedback on my profile for second round Said-Oxford as I am having trouble deciding second or third round. I have 5 years work experience in marketing research, 3.5 undergraduate GPA and a 610 GMAT. Should i apply second round or try to get my GMAT up and apply third round
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Apr 2018
Posts: 19
Re: Oxford Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2019, 09:57
Kindly evaluate my profile:

Indian Male (31 year-old)

Undergraduate: Bachelor Of Engineering in "Computer Science" from Rajiv Gandhi Technological University.

UG Percentage: 67.8 (probably 7.1 on 10 point scale)

Job profile: 5-years(August,2014-present) as Credit Manager (Scale 2) at one of India's largest public sector bank-Bank Of India, to which I was selected through a national level competitive examination with a selection ratio of 1:200. Joined as Assistant Manager and promoted to manager in 2019 through a bank-wide written and interview competitive procedure. Currently, I am managing Credit portfolio in a branch of over INR 100 crores (approx. USD 14 Million). My work includes achieving credit targets of the branch, identification of borrowers, review of credit history, monitoring of proposals prepared by staff, supervision on disbursement of advance, monitoring of existing portfolio, managing and mentoring a team of 18 people (who are at various levels of organizational hierarchy), implementation of Government loan schemes. I have been instrumental in steering my present and earlier branch to highly profitable balance sheet through diversifying into a segment that was earlier playing a negligible role in branch's portfolio.

GMAT: 730 (Q51, V38, IR6, AWA 5).

Extracurricular:(1) During UG, I was part of the team that won National Level Paper Presentation Contest on "Re-Engineering vs Reverse Engineering".
(2) Multiple prizes in essay, sports, drama competitions during schooling.
(3) After UG, worked freelance to develop a local startup on WordPress web development which was a learning experience.
(4) During my present position, I have also been deputed as Presiding Officer for polling booths in National Election 2019 and MP State Election 2018. Duties included managing polling team of 6-10 people, more than 1100 voters and political party agents in a politically sensitive polling area while providing real-time polling statistics to Election Commission of India.

No international experience.

Post MBA: mainly Finance, Fintech or Consulting.

Thanks in advance

Posted from my mobile device
HEC & IMD School Moderator
User avatar
D
Joined: 16 Dec 2018
Posts: 887
Location: Italy
Concentration: Leadership, Operations
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Oxford Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2019, 05:11
nvdmurty .. are you taking care of the profiles evaluation as well?
_________________
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Dec 2019
Posts: 3
Location: Hong Kong
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.3
Re: Oxford Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2019, 03:36
Profile Evaluation for Oxford Saiid MBA
-------------------------------------------------
Background and Nationality : Indian, Male, 35 years
Under-graduate Information : BTech (Computer science) 74.95% - JNTU, Hyderabad
+2 - 92.3%
10th - 85%
GMAT : 710 (Q-50, V-35)
Work Experience & Leadership : 7 Years - Project Manager in a reputed Semi-conductor Company, Hong Kong
5 Years - Architect in a reputed Semi-conductor Company, India
3 Years - Software Engineer in reputed Consumer-Electronics firm, India
Extra-Curricular Activities : Collaborate with Tech and product firms across globe to deliver high valued products.
Traveled extensively across Asia-Pacific, Europe.
Management consultancies for Indian startups.
Organizing fund raising events in Hong Kong for any natural calamities in India (recent one Kerala floods)
Running for Causes ( Half Marathon HK - 2018,2019 )
Post MBA Goals : Venture into Product Management, leading high valued, complex product line in tech firms. Long goal to manage the business line of any Major MNC overlooking product roadmap, business strategies.
SVP
SVP
User avatar
D
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 2008
Re: Oxford Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2019, 05:21
hemanth531 wrote:
Profile Evaluation for Oxford Saiid MBA
-------------------------------------------------
Background and Nationality : Indian, Male, 35 years
Under-graduate Information : BTech (Computer science) 74.95% - JNTU, Hyderabad
+2 - 92.3%
10th - 85%
GMAT : 710 (Q-50, V-35)
Work Experience & Leadership : 7 Years - Project Manager in a reputed Semi-conductor Company, Hong Kong
5 Years - Architect in a reputed Semi-conductor Company, India
3 Years - Software Engineer in reputed Consumer-Electronics firm, India
Extra-Curricular Activities : Collaborate with Tech and product firms across globe to deliver high valued products.
Traveled extensively across Asia-Pacific, Europe.
Management consultancies for Indian startups.
Organizing fund raising events in Hong Kong for any natural calamities in India (recent one Kerala floods)
Running for Causes ( Half Marathon HK - 2018,2019 )
Post MBA Goals : Venture into Product Management, leading high valued, complex product line in tech firms. Long goal to manage the business line of any Major MNC overlooking product roadmap, business strategies.



Hi,

I find your experience to be on the higher side for the Oxford MBA. Their class average is 5 years of experience, and you are way above this. Even if we consider a range, my understanding is that you would still be an outlier.

A better fit program for you would be the Sloan fellowship program at London Business school. Your experience is good otherwise and I am sure you'll have good material to use in your applications.
_________________
Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Invested In Your Success
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Jun 2018
Posts: 4
Re: Oxford Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2019, 02:54
Background and Nationality : Turkish, 25 years old
Under-graduate Information :Business Studies- Cardiff Metropolitan University ( High 2:2 from 58)
GMAT : 720
Work Experience & Leadership : 1 Year at the best local investment bank in Turkey as an ECM analyst, 1 year at the VC backed startup as a co-founder in San Francisco, 1 year at BNP Paribas Asset Management as an Investment Analyst
Extra-Curricular Activities : Played professional basketball untill University and played Lacrosse during university also played in Turkish national team
Post MBA Goals : I am currenty teaching myself quantitative trading and my post mba goal is to get in to a hedge fund or asset management company in London. Work there for several years and comeback to Turkey to start my own quant fund. I want to start my fund in Turkey beacuse I see that demand towards the quant funds has picked up here but there are not many people who is good at it.

I know that my gpa is low. Should I get a second a transcript or can I offset my weak gpa with my GMAT score. If I get a second trascript I know that I can do well in class and get an excellent GPA. MY weak undergrad gpa is all my fault because I still wanted to be an professional athlete in university and did not study much.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Mar 2020
Posts: 3
Location: Germany
Schools: HEC MFin "22 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.3
Re: Oxford Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2020, 08:17
Hi there,

I'd love some evaluation on my profile for the September 2020 MFE intake.

German undergrad in his gap year
Undergrad at WHU (2.4, 3.2 GPA converted)
Semester abroad in the US
GMAT 710
TOEFL 109
Internships in small cap M&A boutique(3months), start-up(3months) and private equity (9months)
extracurricular: Professional athlete for 8 years, even during studies, organised some conferences at university, been a coach for my sport
Post MiF: BB IB in Frankfurt or London

Would love your opinion on my profile!
Thanks in advance
Sia Admissions Representative
User avatar
G
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Joined: 04 Jan 2018
Posts: 641
Location: United States (NY)
Re: Oxford Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2020, 12:14
Hi zervuss,

Thank you for your post. While you have an interesting background, your scores do not meet Said's MFE requirements (GPA: 3.5, TOEFL 110, GMAT 733 average). Unfortunately, there is not much you can do about your undergraduate performance, but you can retake your GMAT and TOEFL. Also, bear in mind timing - how much time will you require to retake these tests? Given that the average MFE student has 7 months of work experience upon matriculation, you do not want to wait too long.

Happy to discuss your profile further and see how we can be of assistance in your process. If interested, please reach out.

Good luck!

Susan

zervuss wrote:
Hi there,

I'd love some evaluation on my profile for the September 2020 MFE intake.

German undergrad in his gap year
Undergrad at WHU (2.4, 3.2 GPA converted)
Semester abroad in the US
GMAT 710
TOEFL 109
Internships in small cap M&A boutique(3months), start-up(3months) and private equity (9months)
extracurricular: Professional athlete for 8 years, even during studies, organised some conferences at university, been a coach for my sport
Post MiF: BB IB in Frankfurt or London

Would love your opinion on my profile!
Thanks in advance

_________________
Join our Minutes to Admission Weekly newsletter, were, in a 5-min video, we share admissions insights that help you stand out. To sign up for the FREE newsletter, register here. Or copy and paste the URL in your browser: https://www.siaadmissions.com/minutes-to-admission


Susan Berishaj
Sia Admissions
info@siaadmissions.com
+1 (646) 690 - 9996
website: http://www.SiaAdmissions.com

Contact us for a complimentary profile evaluation
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Feb 2020
Posts: 3
CAT Tests
Re: Oxford Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2020, 07:37
Hi can anyone help me review my profile

GMAT: 740
Age:25, Indian, Male
Bachelor's: Business management ( st Joseph's college of commerce )
Gpa: 5.5/6(Top 10)
Work experience: 5 years
Family business - one of the leading furniture retail companies in India
Current role - Vice president

Co-curricular:
1. Member of BNI group ( business networking international)
2. Attended and represented the company in various exhibitions and fairs in different countries .

Extra curricular:
1. state and university level athlete and cricketer
2. worked with a local NGO
3. Was the Sports captain in school and college and also the event head in many fests organized by the college.


Goals - To expand the current international cliental by taking the company on a global level and also to collaborate with companies in different countries

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Nov 2017
Posts: 15
Re: Oxford Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2020, 00:46
Hi, Please help me in profile review for Oxford, Said Business School.
Gender/Nationality : Female, Indian
Age : 27
GMAT score : 700(Q49V36)
Work Experience :- (Total is 4+, will be 5+ when I will join)
3+ years : Hewlett Packard Enterprise:
1. Software development end to end
2. Managing teams situated around the globe (With most members way more experienced than me)
3. Mentoring new joinees to make them productive for the organisation
4. Understanding customer requirements to gain market
1+ year in TechMahindra :-
1. Worked in client location(India only). Maintained client relations
2. End to end software development
3. Managing house team in client environment and reslving issues and facilitating work
Extra Curricular :
1. Volunteer at Art of Living - Conducted many events and raised funds.
2. President of dramatics club in college : Did street plays in small villages to raise social awareness
3. Faculty of a tution free school for underprivileged : Taught Maths and Englist to 10-12th grades.

I am aiming for colleges like Oxford(Said), Cambridge(Judge), Warwick, NYU Stern. How much chance do you think I have and how can I better my chances at these schools? I am aware that I belong to very generic pool.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Nov 2017
Posts: 15
Re: Oxford Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2020, 00:48
paridhiprasad wrote:
Hi, Please help me in profile review for Oxford, Said Business School.
Gender/Nationality : Female, Indian
Age : 27
GMAT score : 700(Q49V36)
Work Experience :- (Total is 4+, will be 5+ when I will join)
3+ years : Hewlett Packard Enterprise:
1. Software development end to end
2. Managing teams situated around the globe (With most members way more experienced than me)
3. Mentoring new joinees to make them productive for the organisation
4. Understanding customer requirements to gain market
1+ year in TechMahindra :-
1. Worked in client location(India only). Maintained client relations
2. End to end software development
3. Managing house team in client environment and reslving issues and facilitating work
Extra Curricular :
1. Volunteer at Art of Living - Conducted many events and raised funds.
2. President of dramatics club in college : Did street plays in small villages to raise social awareness
3. Faculty of a tution free school for underprivileged : Taught Maths and Englist to 10-12th grades.

I am aiming for colleges like Oxford(Said), Cambridge(Judge), Warwick, NYU Stern. How much chance do you think I have and how can I better my chances at these schools? I am aware that I belong to very generic pool.


Undergrad Details:-
Course : B.Tech in Computer Science
College : Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology
CGPA : 8.03/10
10th percentage : 84.4%
12th percentage : 80.4%
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 22 Nov 2018
Posts: 3
Re: Oxford Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 May 2020, 19:30
hello! I would request to evaluate my profile:
Nationality /: Indian
Board topper class10
Board topper class 12
Gold Medallist in Mechanical Engg from National Institute of techchnology, silchar



Work experience:

1. Officer in Indian Oil Corporation . Was in a management capacity involving project management. 2 years

2. Assistant Commissioner , Indian Revenue Service 1 year,3months

Currently involved in community volunteering works and writing.

GMAT: not taken yet

Any chances of scholarship?
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 10 May 2020
Posts: 28
Re: Oxford Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2020, 03:46
1
maverick16 wrote:
hello! I would request to evaluate my profile:
Nationality /: Indian
Board topper class10
Board topper class 12
Gold Medallist in Mechanical Engg from National Institute of techchnology, silchar



Work experience:

1. Officer in Indian Oil Corporation . Was in a management capacity involving project management. 2 years

2. Assistant Commissioner , Indian Revenue Service 1 year,3months

Currently involved in community volunteering works and writing.

GMAT: not taken yet

Any chances of scholarship?

Hi,
You will require an above-average GMAT score, preferably 710+. In addition, there is a high value on how you project your work in the application process. Top international B schools receive thousands of applications each year and they are not aware of terms like 'IRS' or the brand value of a top PSU such as IOCL in the same way as we are! So the real challenge will be to showcase your work in a way that they understand and it makes you stand out.
Working for the Government of India will help you differentiate your application from other applicants. Public service in finances has a high value in the admission process. We are aware of a lot of civil servants who get scholarships on the virtue of their unique roles.

For more information regarding MBA and career switch from Govt/PSU to Private sector check the free resources at http://psutoprivate.com/.
All the best!
_________________
Team PSUtoPrivate
(Exclusive career counselling platform for Govt/PSU professionals )

Website | https://www.linkedin.com/company/psutoprivate | https://www.facebook.com/Psutoprivate-104553174573802/
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Nov 2013
Posts: 23
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
WE: Corporate Finance (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge
Oxford Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jun 2020, 10:35
Background and nationality & undergrad info:

Indian
27 year old male
SRM UNIVERSITY
BE Aerospace - 7.45/10 (first class) - top 15% of the class

Looking at oxford 1+1

GMAT: to be taken or may even take the GRE

Work experience and leadership:
Company- State Bank of India- India's largest financial services group- Also the largest Public sector bank

Current role : Credit Analyst- Corporate Credit -

Previously : Branch Manager of a rural branch- where I was able to implement government schemes, Build and fund Self- Help groups, assist farmers, interact with govt on a daily basis for better planning of the towns and villages to which i was catering to, was a part of the district committee on agriculture and industry in the area, - basically a full time job for 3 years in financial inclusion while being on multiple committees set up by the District Magistrate for the betterment of the villages in the area.


Overall - 4.5 years work- ex.
One Promotion ( currently officiating in a grade higher - Manager )

Community and others

Actively involved in Environment awareness programs ( almost every-weekend)
Taught underprivileged kids English and math for 6 years- used to be a part of an NGO in college, now i conduct free classes at home.
In college- was responsible for 500 students as the head of a division of a student run ngo called GREEN NEST.
Department representative- Aersopace
Head of placement committee for Aerospace Dept

Post MBA goals
Continue in the same organisation and hopefully be the Chairman of SBI Group.

Anything else?
If all else fails get into private sector- move into VC or PE given that India is a growing economy etc etc
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 10 May 2020
Posts: 28
Oxford Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jun 2020, 08:36
vamkrispk wrote:
Background and nationality & undergrad info:

Indian
27 year old male
SRM UNIVERSITY
BE Aerospace - 7.45/10 (first class) - top 15% of the class

Looking at oxford 1+1

GMAT: to be taken or may even take the GRE

Work experience and leadership:
Company- State Bank of India- India's largest financial services group- Also the largest Public sector bank

Current role : Credit Analyst- Corporate Credit -

Previously : Branch Manager of a rural branch- where I was able to implement government schemes, Build and fund Self- Help groups, assist farmers, interact with govt on a daily basis for better planning of the towns and villages to which i was catering to, was a part of the district committee on agriculture and industry in the area, - basically a full time job for 3 years in financial inclusion while being on multiple committees set up by the District Magistrate for the betterment of the villages in the area.


Overall - 4.5 years work- ex.
One Promotion ( currently officiating in a grade higher - Manager )

Community and others

Actively involved in Environment awareness programs ( almost every-weekend)
Taught underprivileged kids English and math for 6 years- used to be a part of an NGO in college, now i conduct free classes at home.
In college- was responsible for 500 students as the head of a division of a student run ngo called GREEN NEST.
Department representative- Aersopace
Head of placement committee for Aerospace Dept

Post MBA goals
Continue in the same organisation and hopefully be the Chairman of SBI Group.

Anything else?
If all else fails get into private sector- move into VC or PE given that India is a growing economy etc etc

Hi,
Oxford is well known for its MBA in finance and your work experience in a top public sector bank will boost your chances. With your profile, you should eye for a 690+ GMAT score. You have not mentioned about the partnering program you want to opt for the 1+1 program. Given your post-MBA goal of continuing with SBI, Public Policy can be a good option for you. You can also opt for Social policy or Education since you have substantial experience in those areas. One challenge is to highlight the value of SBI as a brand in your essays as the admission committee will not be aware of the brand. If you are eyeing for a scholarship, then your NGO experience can be a strong point as the adcom values individuals who have demonstrated commitment towards solving world-scale social challenges such as education for the underprivileged.

For more information, feel free to register for a free admission counselling session.
All the best!
_________________
Team PSUtoPrivate
(Exclusive career counselling platform for Govt/PSU professionals )

Website | https://www.linkedin.com/company/psutoprivate | https://www.facebook.com/Psutoprivate-104553174573802/
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Jun 2020
Posts: 4
Re: Oxford Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jun 2020, 16:14
Hello!

Was hoping for someone to evaluate my profile and would appreciate any insights someone could provide!

Demographics

United Arab Emirates, 27, Male

GMAT: 755

Education

All Top Canadian Universities, with Masters being 1 year Masters each.

Undergraduate degree in Life Science - GPA: 2.0/4.0
1st Masters: Innovation & Entrepreneurship- 3.8/4.0
2nd Masters: Data Analytics - 4.0/4.0

Executive at student run Investment Fund

Transition from Middle East to Canada was extremely difficult. Poor English and first in my family to pursue University. Family problems back home as well. Got myself together by 4th year and hustled hard ever since.

Work Experience

1 Year at brand new Sustainability start-up
Internships in technology group and VC department at large Canadian Pension Funds
2 years work experience at MBB, promoted to MBA consulting role (EXTREME NETWORKING & PERFORMANCE DURING INTERVIEW HELPED ME LAND IT)

Extracurricular
Executive at Data Analytics Community Group hosting podcasts and events to develop Data Analytics in Canada and the Middle East
Tutoring and Mentoring young gulf nationals in free time
Volunteering at mental health startup in Gulf to create awareness about the topic

Looking to apply 2022 Intake.

Do I even have a shot with my abysmal GPA?

Future Goal: Middle Eastern Sovereign Wealth Funds - Value creation groups and Venture Capital.
or
Government in home country to help advance technology in the region
Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Status: MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA and Beyond
Joined: 23 Apr 2016
Posts: 136
Location: Singapore
Shantanu: Sharma
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
WE: Other (Internet and New Media)
Re: Oxford Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2020, 23:55
Hi ReachMBA,

I think I also evaluated your profile for Kellogg. You have got an impressive profile there and I am happy to evaluate it for SAID, however, I'd like to double-check your GMAT score?

Cheers!
Shantanu Sharma,
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Schedule a free session
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525
Call: +49-15212121641
Linkedin
ReachMBA wrote:
Hello!

Was hoping for someone to evaluate my profile and would appreciate any insights someone could provide!

Demographics

United Arab Emirates, 27, Male

GMAT: 755

Education

All Top Canadian Universities, with Masters being 1 year Masters each.

Undergraduate degree in Life Science - GPA: 2.0/4.0
1st Masters: Innovation & Entrepreneurship- 3.8/4.0
2nd Masters: Data Analytics - 4.0/4.0

Executive at student run Investment Fund

Transition from Middle East to Canada was extremely difficult. Poor English and first in my family to pursue University. Family problems back home as well. Got myself together by 4th year and hustled hard ever since.

Work Experience

1 Year at brand new Sustainability start-up
Internships in technology group and VC department at large Canadian Pension Funds
2 years work experience at MBB, promoted to MBA consulting role (EXTREME NETWORKING & PERFORMANCE DURING INTERVIEW HELPED ME LAND IT)

Extracurricular
Executive at Data Analytics Community Group hosting podcasts and events to develop Data Analytics in Canada and the Middle East
Tutoring and Mentoring young gulf nationals in free time
Volunteering at mental health startup in Gulf to create awareness about the topic

Looking to apply 2022 Intake.

Do I even have a shot with my abysmal GPA?

Future Goal: Middle Eastern Sovereign Wealth Funds - Value creation groups and Venture Capital.
or
Government in home country to help advance technology in the region
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Jun 2020
Posts: 4
Re: Oxford Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2020, 23:58
Sorry! I meant 750, and thank you!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Oxford Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here   [#permalink] 28 Jun 2020, 23:58

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4    Next  [ 62 posts ] 

Oxford Profile Evaluation Thread: Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: nvdmurty, Gowtham91






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne