GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 05 Jul 2020, 06:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Review : Indian male engineer, IBM/Deloitte/BT - 6 years of WE

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Technology
WE: Operations (Telecommunications)
Profile Review : Indian male engineer, IBM/Deloitte/BT - 6 years of WE  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2020, 09:33
· Demographics (nationality, gender): Indian, male, will be 30 years old, this July.
· Education (undergraduate institution, GPA, major - high school/entrance exams not needed): Visvesvaraya Technological University, (India), Bachelor's in Electrical and Electronics engineering, GPA : 2.78
· GMAT or GRE (include section breakdown): 730 (Q49, VA 45 )
.Work experience (highlight amount of work experience, industries, roles, promotions, special accomplishments, international exposure):
- Started with IBM as an IT analyst and moved to Deloitte as an IT consultant. Was an individual contributor, and received a 'stellar performer of the year' award. Planned three
different platforms to address client issues. Worked with the development teams to outline a ticketing tool, curated for my team needs.
- Joined British Telecommunications as a network engineer, and later got promoted as a manager - workforce management consulting ( Individual contributor) . Designed a sharepoint
site for global clients to analyse their project data. Brainstormed different versions to come up with something closer to their operational goals. Received 4 quarterly awards for
process improvement, and 5 (senior) client recommendations. Massively improved operational performances for 3 different projects which was performing pathetically poor, leveraging
the benefits of the dashboard I designed. I have also been involved with several business transformational projects.

IBM : January 2014 – August 2015
Deloitte : September 2015 – December 2016
British Telecom : December 2016 – Present.

· Extracurricular activities (highlight notable undergraduate and post-undergraduate ones):
- School :
- Was the cultural captain : Was responsible to host cultural events and collaborate with other schools on cultural fests. Received 4 gold medals in school level athletics.
-Was the captain of the school's cricket team, for two years. (captaincy rotated every two years.

- Undergraduate:

o Founded the college's first heavy metal band
o Started the college's first Music club with a separate brick and mortar house.
o Received several gold/silver medals for different inter-college sports/game/music competitions.
o Founded a poetry club.

. Post-MBA goals: I want to get into management consulting or finance.

· Target schools: Darden, Ross, Tuck, Duke, Tepper, Rotman, Stern, McCombs, Mendoza

· Other information relevant to your profile: I have no international experience, but most of my clients have been from diverse nationalities.
· Any specific questions you would like answered by our team: I know I would not be getting into top schools, but, what are the best schools for which my profile is suited?
Admission Consultant
B
Re: Profile Review : Indian male engineer, IBM/Deloitte/BT - 6 years of WE  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2020, 09:42
Hi there -
Thanks for reaching out for a free evaluation. In lieu of writing a lengthy reply, I'd rather we connect via Skype/https://gmatclub.com/chat/phone so we may have a real dialogue and you can ask me questions as I give you an assessment. Additionally, I will be able to offer you a much more robust assessment if I am able to ask you more questions. If doing a free consult via skype/phone interests you, please fill out our FREE CONSULT form http://squareoneprep.com/free-consultation/. 
I look forward to hearing from and speaking with you soon. Thanks again for reaching out.

Kathryn Lucas, Founder
SQUARE ONE PREP
Direct: +1.917.705.4460
Toll Free: +1.888.702.3542
Mobile: +1.917.841.6833
B
Concentration: Finance, Technology
WE: Operations (Telecommunications)
Re: Profile Review : Indian male engineer, IBM/Deloitte/BT - 6 years of WE  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2020, 09:53
[quote="Squareoneprep"]Hi there -
Thanks for reaching out for a free evaluation. In lieu of writing a lengthy reply, I'd rather we connect via Skype/https://gmatclub.com/chat/phone so we may have a real dialogue and you can ask me questions as I give you an assessment. Additionally, I will be able to offer you a much more robust assessment if I am able to ask you more questions. If doing a free consult via skype/phone interests you, please fill out our FREE CONSULT form http://squareoneprep.com/free-consultation/. 
I look forward to hearing from and speaking with you soon. Thanks again for reaching out.

Thank you, I have filled the form on the website provided.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Review : Indian male engineer, IBM/Deloitte/BT - 6 years of WE   [#permalink] 08 Apr 2020, 09:53

Profile Review : Indian male engineer, IBM/Deloitte/BT - 6 years of WE

new topic post reply Update application status