Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:58 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
WE:General Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Send PM
Re: Programs like Stanford MSX - Residential 1 year program [#permalink]
aankur, afraid not. There are the 3 IIM one year programs where you won't be an outlier, provided you are ok with life/career in India.

You can also explore Nanyang Fellows.

Read here on the average age/experience range at top colleges globally.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for sharing the blog. helpful content.
So essentially other than Sloan fellows there are no full-time program tailored for mid career professionals.

Seems like an unaddressed market, wierd ..unless we are missing some courses

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [1]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
Stanford MSX and Sloan fellows are the best programs out there for mid-career professionals, USC has a program called the BEAR MBA mainly geared toward mid-career professionals who want to get into consulting. other than that, indeed you would look at one year programs. most of the top Executive MBA programs have a residency component , if that makes a difference. Look up Wharton emba as a good example of that.

if you're open to Europe, you would look at IMD maybe which is a little more slanted towards experienced professionals. And then just European programs in general like more seasoned applicants.

When people have that much work experience the opportunity cost of leaving their job is generally too high for them to want to do a full-time program. So that might be why there isn't as much of a selection as you would like.

="aankur"]Thanks for sharing the blog. helpful content.
So essentially other than Sloan fellows there are no full-time program tailored for mid career professionals.

Posted from my mobile device[/quote]
Director
Director
Send PM
Programs like Stanford MSX - Residential 1 year program [#permalink]
aankur wrote:

aankur, not really. There is a reason why MBA after 30 is tricky.

Also, there are almost always exceptions present in all schools in your age/experience range. It's just that if you do plan to be an exception, you should have done your research well.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MG4MBACrystalBall wrote:
aankur wrote:

Also, there are almost always exceptions present in all schools in your age/experience range. It's just that if you do plan to be an exception, you should have done your research well.

I guess there is some Gap in understanding. I am not looking for a regular 2 yr MBA. But an executive and residential program.
With my research Executive programs caters to around 10 YoE but were either online or with weekend program - Other than Sloan.

Wharton EMBA, contrary to suggested earlier,is also a weekend class program.

Allow me to give more context - I am not based out of US and wish to move there to get my degree. Part time / Weekend classes would be contingent on me getting a job there nearby.

Hence the question, if there are any executive courses which I can opt with residential program, would like to evaluate them.

In case I don't find these residential program will first move to US and then enroll in weekend/part time executive MBA.

Hope with this additional context,I can find more valuable insights on the forum.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Stanford MSX and Sloan fellows are the best programs out there for mid-career professionals, USC has a program called the BEAR MBA mainly geared toward mid-career professionals who want to get into consulting. other than that, indeed you would look at one year programs. most of the top Executive MBA programs have a residency component , if that makes a difference. Look up Wharton emba as a good example of that.

if you're open to Europe, you would look at IMD maybe which is a little more slanted towards experienced professionals. And then just European programs in general like more seasoned applicants.

When people have that much work experience the opportunity cost of leaving their job is generally too high for them to want to do a full-time program. So that might be why there isn't as much of a selection as you would like.

[/quote]

Thanks for your response. With my research it seems that Wharton EMBA is also weekend program not a residential.

I agree with your analysis on few choices. IMD is a good option will evaluate. Thanks.

Will appreciate any other suitable programs you can share.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Programs like Stanford MSX - Residential 1 year program [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Given your parameters, indeed the choices narrow to Sloan Fellows Stanford MSx or UCS Bear as "official" mid career programs in the US. But US one year programs traditionally enroll more experienced candidates; many of which have 10 years of experience. Includes Kellogg, Cornell, Emory.

IMD markets themselves as mid-career but other 1-year MBA programs in Europe have the same average age of 30. European schools look at work experience more so than test scores. Ivey is a similar situation in Ontario, Canada. see international programs here; also might check out ESADE or IE Intl MBA.
https://mbaessaycoaching.com/top-program-deadlines/

Most programs are 1 year aside from IESE, which is a great value, top ranked and has accepted several of my older candidates. Like this past round a 35-year old Indian female and a 34-year old Lebanese guy. They both have extensive leadership experience.

aankur wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:

Thanks for your response. With my research it seems that Wharton EMBA is also weekend program not a residential.

I agree with your analysis on few choices. IMD is a good option will evaluate. Thanks.

Will appreciate any other suitable programs you can share.[/quote]
Director
Director
Send PM
aankur wrote:

I guess there is some Gap in understanding. I am not looking for a regular 2 yr MBA. But an executive and residential program.
With my research Executive programs caters to around 10 YoE but were either online or with weekend program - Other than Sloan.

Wharton EMBA, contrary to suggested earlier,is also a weekend class program.

Allow me to give more context - I am not based out of US and wish to move there to get my degree. Part time / Weekend classes would be contingent on me getting a job there nearby.

Hence the question, if there are any executive courses which I can opt with residential program, would like to evaluate them.

In case I don't find these residential program will first move to US and then enroll in weekend/part time executive MBA.

Hope with this additional context,I can find more valuable insights on the forum.

Nope, no gap in understanding. On the contrary, you may have this common nomenclature confusion between MBA for Executives vs Executive MBA.

So far, I have given you suggestion on full-time programs only and no EMBAs. My last suggestion was for full-time programs and I had already shared one year programs, including the ones in US. The point I was making was that even in regular full-time programs (2 year or 1 year), there are always exceptions with folks in 10+ years experience category.

Hope this clarifies.
GMAT Club Bot