GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 08 Apr 2020, 07:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Proving English Fluency

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Proving English Fluency  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2020, 19:08
Hi folks
INSEAD has the following answer for English fluency listed on their FAQ's:

You can demonstrate fluency
- either by a degree from a university where all courses were taught exclusively in English (if your university degree was exclusively taught in English but in a non-English speaking country, please make sure to send proof of the language of instruction at the same time as your application;
- or by taking one of the following English tests and reaching the minimum passing scores (in brackets): TOEFL (internet-based test: 105; computer-based test: 260; paper-based test: 620), TOEIC Listening & Reading (950), Speaking (190) & Writing (170) sections, IELTS Academic (7.5), CPE (B), PTE Academic (72). These tests have a validity period of 2 years.

I have a Master of Science degree from the US, and a Bachelor of Engineering degree from India. All courses in both my degrees were taught in English, however I don't have a certificate from either of them to prove that this is so.

My questions:
1. Do I still need to take a TOEFL test especially considering I have a Masters from the US?
2. Should I prove fluency in English for both my degrees or would INSEAD look only at the most recent degree (ie my Masters)?

Not sure how to go about this. Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.36
Re: Proving English Fluency  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2020, 22:26
Hi

If your bachelor and master degree are explicitly taught in English, you don't need to provide any proof for English fluency. I have a similar profile as you do and i did not provide any proof. Good luck !
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2020, 03:29
chirkut1488 thanks - but how will INSEAD know that they were explicitly taught in English? I don't have any language certificate from either of my degrees...
ARLee Consulting
G
MBA Admissions & Career Coaching by INSEAD alumnus and former Samsung Head of HR. Visit our website and contact us for a detailed discussion about YOUR FUTURE

Affiliations:
INSEAD MBA 11D (experience as admissions interviewer), SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS

Reviews on GMAT Club:

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2020, 08:41
Hi vidyuthanand90,

in your case, you don't need to provide any certificate to prove the language of instruction. You have a Master's degree from the US, which is an English-speaking country.

I have worked with many candidates in similar situations. Moreover, when I applied to INSEAD in 2010, I had undergraduate degrees from Spain and a Master's degree from the US (just like you), and I didn't have to prove anything. So, don't worry.

I hope this helps.

Thank you very much.

Warm regards
Alex

Mobile: +34 696 097 784
Email: alex@arleeconsulting.com | alex@ruizlee.es
Web: https://www.ARLeeConsulting.com
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexruizlee/

Check out our REVIEWS on GMAT Club here

Email us your CV for a free evaluation of your profile

Visit our website and contact us for a detailed discussion about YOUR FUTURE!

Check out MBA Essay Database. Download our App and enjoy discounts and free stuff.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2020, 04:33
ARLeeConsulting wrote:
Hi vidyuthanand90,

in your case, you don't need to provide any certificate to prove the language of instruction. You have a Master's degree from the US, which is an English-speaking country.

I have worked with many candidates in similar situations. Moreover, when I applied to INSEAD in 2010, I had undergraduate degrees from Spain and a Master's degree from the US (just like you), and I didn't have to prove anything. So, don't worry.

I hope this helps.

Thank you very much.

Warm regards
Alex

Thank you Alex!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Proving English Fluency   [#permalink] 13 Mar 2020, 04:33

Proving English Fluency

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Hideto, MBAPrepCoach