Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:31 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 183
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Q63% after MGMAT, V90% with little prep. what next? [#permalink]
finally got around to taking GMATPrep 2. 720 (Q47-73%, V42-96%), more satisfied this time, got pacing a little better but not by much. for quant, numbered the time left by 2 mins for each question. for verbal i just rolled with it because thought it would just save time rather than looking up to see the time - keeping in mind to spend a bit more time on SC and same ole for rest. with quant did well for most part, i think it until halfway still was on time, then hit a tough streak. all i remember is couldn't decide which questions should guess and which i should finish up. ended up guessing last 10 or so, only spending under a minute to try and solve a few. with verbal, did fine until last 7, had 8 mins for them. ended up guessing or quickly doing easier ones of the last 7.

as for prep, had a tough schedule at work last week, barely enough time to finish up SC guide. didn't get to do quant review at all except for geometry flashcards on android app. planning a CAT again this weekend (if that's wise). depends dividing prep work for rest of time, but i also have an optino to reschedule. april 10th, so have 7 day window, i might do 20th or 25th. should i split each day into quant and verbal work? i.e. revising my quant notes and problems in the am, then verbal after noon. for quant, do 1 guide a day until friday, or divide into 3 weeks? still have RC guide and powerscore to go through, but i should just skim chapters for what i didn't know, with focus on OG problems.

also, i have the old version of GMATprep (downloaded old one on 6/24/2012. version 2.3.601.409) does new GMATPrep have new questions over that version? or maybe try old GMAT prep 1 again? hopefully shooting for improvement on the quant part (i got 44 last time). would that give me mostly new (tougher) questions? (provided my level is at least 47, and after revision). i haven't went thru my incorrect answers from first for that reason.

on the topic of CATs,i have 3 day weekend off work, so perhaps two mocks each weekend, thursdays and sundays? i was thinking of doing as many CATs i could find, free versions as well as MGMAT. i don't know how wise that is though.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
WHAT,S ABOUT NEXT GRADES AFTER Q63% after MGMAT, V90% with little prep. what next?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Quant 63p to 73p, verbal 90p to 96 p. Improved on first cat but I still need help in dividing the rebyst of prep time to quant revision/practice and verbal books (finished mgmat SC but have RC and cr Bible)

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot