It is currently 20 Aug 2017, 16:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

QOTD: City planner: Our city center will not be adequately

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
G
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 4032

Kudos [?]: 15381 [0], given: 1943

Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
QOTD: City planner: Our city center will not be adequately [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2017, 12:18
Expert's post
3
This post was
BOOKMARKED
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

  95% (hard)

Question Stats:

41% (02:32) correct 59% (02:47) wrong based on 337 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

Verbal Question of The Day: Day 36: Critical Reasoning


Subscribe to GMAT Question of the Day: E-mail | RSS
For All QOTD Questions Click Here


City planner: Our city center will not be adequately revitalized simply by expanding residential space in the form of high-priced condominiums. The condominium sales will most likely be insufficient unless incentives for investment in local small business are offered. The city council must be aggressive in drawing new restaurants, laundries, childcare facilities, and other service industries to the city center; otherwise, the revitalization project will surely fail.

Which of the following, if true, most weakens the reasoning in the argument above?

(A) When several nearby cities recently attempted to revitalize their city centers by expanding luxury residential space, small businesses rushed to take advantage of the new market, significantly contributing to the success the revitalization projects.

(B) In a statewide survey of buyers and potential buyers of luxury condominiums, the majority of respondents indicated that they do not consider proximity to service industries to be the most important factor when choosing a residence.

(C) The city council's recent attempt to attract new restaurants to the city center was largely unsuccessful.

(D) An increase in luxury condos would substantially increase property tax revenue in the city center.

(E) Before small businesses could open near the proposed luxury condominiums, significant investment would be needed to rebuild the infrastructure and retail spaces in the area.

Every question of the day will be followed by an expert reply by GMATNinja in 12-15 hours. Stay tuned! Post your answers and explanations to earn kudos.
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA

_________________

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Kudos [?]: 15381 [0], given: 1943

Expert Post
4 KUDOS received
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
User avatar
S
Status: GMAT and GRE tutor
Joined: 13 Aug 2009
Posts: 845

Kudos [?]: 1121 [4] , given: 344

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170
QOTD: City planner: Our city center will not be adequately [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2017, 12:22
4
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
2
This post was
BOOKMARKED
The city planner's conclusion is stated in the last sentence: "The city council must be aggressive in drawing new restaurants, laundries, childcare facilities, and other service industries to the city center; otherwise, the revitalization project will surely fail." How does the city planner arrive at this conclusion?

  • In the first sentence, the city planner essentially asks, "If we only expand residential space in the form of high-priced condominiums, will our city center be adequately revitalized?" The answer, according the city planner, is, "No. Offering expanded residential space in the form of high-priced condominiums is not enough to revitalize the city center."
  • So if condominium sales will most likely be insufficient on their own, what else is needed? According to the author, the condominium sales will only sufficiently revitalize the city center if incentives for investment in local small business are also offered. In other words, high-priced condos are not enough; in order revitalize the city center, we need both high-priced condos AND incentives for investment in local small business.
  • Restaurants, laundries, childcare facilities, and other service industries are examples of local small businesses. Thus, the author implies that the city council must be aggressive in drawing small businesses to the city center by offering incentives for investment in such businesses.
  • If the city council is NOT aggressive in attracting small businesses to the city center, the city center will not be successfully revitalized. The author implies that the revitalization project will only be successful if high-priced condos are offered AND if small businesses are attracted to the city center.

Now that we understand the author's reasoning, let's look for an answer choice that, if true, most weakens that reasoning:

(A) According to the passage, we need both high-priced condos AND small businesses in order to successfully revitalize the city center. The city planner implies that the city council must be aggressive in drawing small businesses to the city center by offering incentives for investment in such businesses. But what if those small businesses would come to the city center on their own, without any incentives or efforts on the part of the city council? Choice (A) is evidence that the small businesses might come to the city center on their own to take advantage of the new market. If the same thing were to happen in the city described in the passage, there would be no need for the city council to aggressively attract small businesses or to offer incentives for investment in local small business. Thus, choice (A) is evidence that the city planner's logic is not sound, so let's keep it.

(B) The city planner does not imply that proximity to service industries is the most important factor that buyers consider when choosing a residence. The author simply suggests that the revitalization project will fail if the city council does not aggressively attract small businesses to the city center, without explaining why those small businesses are necessary. Thus, choice (B) does not impact the author's reasoning and can be eliminated.

(C) We don't know why "the city council's recent attempt to attract new restaurants to the city center" was largely unsuccessful. Perhaps that attempt was a failure because the city council was not aggressive or did not offer incentives for investment in those restaurants. Or perhaps the council attempted to attract those restaurants before making plans to expand residential space, in which case investors may have seen no reason to invest in restaurants located in that part of the city. Choice (C) does not weaken the author's argument and can be eliminated.

(D) Choice (D) describes a potential financial benefit that would result from the expansion of residential space in the form of high-priced (or "luxury") condos. The author does not deny that luxury condos would have other benefits (tax revenue, job creation, etc). Instead, the author implies that the benefits will not be sufficient to revitalize the city center unless small businesses are also attracted. Choice (D) does not impact the author's reasoning and can be eliminated.

(E) The city planner does not deny that significant investment might be needed to rebuild the infrastructure and retail spaces in the area. Regardless, the city planner believes that attracting small business is necessary if the city is to revitalize the center. Choice (E) strengthens the city planner's argument because it is evidence that incentives must be offered in order to attract the significant investment that would be needed. Eliminate (E).

Choice (A) is the best answer.
_________________

www.gmatninja.com + GMAT blog + food blog + I'm really bad at PMs

Want expert SC and CR explanations? Check out our verbal Question of the Day! All of them are available here.

Need an expert reply? Hit the request verbal experts' reply button -- and then please be specific about your question for us. Feel free to tag @GMATNinja and @GMATNinjaTwo in your post.

Verbal Experts' Topics of the Week:
All Topics of the Week | Ultimate RC Guide for Beginners | Ultimate CR Guide for Beginners | Ultimate SC Guide for Beginners | 7 reasons why your actual GMAT scores don't match your practice test scores | How to get 4 additional "fake" GMAT Prep tests for $29.99... in any section order | How to go from great (760) to incredible (780) on GMAT SC | Using LSAT for GMAT CR & RC | That "-ing" Word Probably Isn't a Verb | That "-ed" Word Might Not Be a Verb, Either | No-BS Guide to GMAT Idioms | "Being" is not the enemy | WTF is "that" doing in my sentence?

YouTube verbal webinars: "Next-level" GMAT pronouns | Uses of "that" on the GMAT

Kudos [?]: 1121 [4] , given: 344

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Nov 2015
Posts: 45

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 110

Location: India
GPA: 3.7
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
QOTD: City planner: Our city center will not be adequately [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2017, 18:18
Option A

A) states the link between revitalization project and small business
B)Irrelevant to revitalization project
c) talks only about hotels, what about other business, eliminate
D) Irrelevant
E) Not related to the conclusion, success of revitalization project

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 110

Intern
Intern
avatar
S
Joined: 16 Apr 2017
Posts: 46

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 78

QOTD: City planner: Our city center will not be adequately [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jun 2017, 02:16
souvik101990 wrote:

Verbal Question of The Day: Day 36: Critical Reasoning


Subscribe to GMAT Question of the Day: E-mail | RSS
For All QOTD Questions Click Here


City planner: Our city center will not be adequately revitalized simply by expanding residential space in the form of high-priced condominiums. The condominium sales will most likely be insufficient unless incentives for investment in local small business are offered. The city council must be aggressive in drawing new restaurants, laundries, childcare facilities, and other service industries to the city center; otherwise, the revitalization project will surely fail.

Which of the following, if true, most weakens the reasoning in the argument above?

(A) When several nearby cities recently attempted to revitalize their city centers by expanding luxury residential space, small businesses rushed to take advantage of the new market, significantly contributing to the success the revitalization projects.

(B) In a statewide survey of buyers and potential buyers of luxury condominiums, the majority of respondents indicated that they do not consider proximity to service industries to be the most important factor when choosing a residence.

(C) The city council's recent attempt to attract new restaurants to the city center was largely unsuccessful.

(D) An increase in luxury condos would substantially increase property tax revenue in the city center.

(E) Before small businesses could open near the proposed luxury condominiums, significant investment would be needed to rebuild the infrastructure and retail spaces in the area.

Every question of the day will be followed by an expert reply by GMATNinja in 12-15 hours. Stay tuned! Post your answers and explanations to earn kudos.


Even If A appears to weaken the conclusion, it need not necessarily weaken.If something is true in other cities, then it does not necessarily mean that something will hold valid in similar case in some different city.
Option D seems to provide a reason to weaken the conclusion that even without the local business in place the sales of condominiums may be efficient.

_________________

KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 78

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 06 Feb 2017
Posts: 19

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 23

Schools: ISB '19, IIMA
CAT Tests
Re: QOTD: City planner: Our city center will not be adequately [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jun 2017, 03:04
1
This post received
KUDOS
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
This is a weakener question, that means we have to choose the option which weakens the conclusion of the argument.
Prethinking: As we read the argument, we can find the conclusion i.e. the revitalization project will fail if the city council does not bring small businesses in the city center. That means we need to find an option which will present a situation under which the project will not fail. Based on this understanding, we can go through the answer choices and choose the correct one.
(A) When several nearby cities recently attempted to revitalize their city centers by expanding luxury residential space, small businesses rushed to take advantage of the new market, significantly contributing to the success the revitalization projects. -->CORRECT this exactly matches with our prethinking. this option gives us an example of nearby cities where the same thing was done by the authority, but small businesses, without any initiative by the city council, rushed in to the city center to take advantage of this oppurtunity. Note that this option is not ensuring the success of the project but is giving us a reason to think that the project might not fail, i.e. the property of a weakener
(B) In a statewide survey of buyers and potential buyers of luxury condominiums, the majority of respondents indicated that they do not consider proximity to service industries to be the most important factor when choosing a residence.--> this a perfect example of an iSWAT answer choice i.e. "incorrect similarly worded attractive terminology". It uses the same terminology as used in the argument but fails to give us a solid weakener which will enure the success of the project.
(C) The city council's recent attempt to attract new restaurants to the city center was largely unsuccessful.--> Incorrect and irrelevant, we are not concerned about the attempts of the city council, we are concerned about the success or the failure of the project
(D) An increase in luxury condos would substantially increase property tax revenue in the city center.-->Icorrect and irrelevant, no informaion is provided by the argument regarding the effect of increased property tax revenue in teh city center
(E) Before small businesses could open near the proposed luxury condominiums, significant investment would be needed to rebuild the infrastructure and retail spaces in the area.--> Incorrect and irrelevantthe argument talks nothing about the required investment and its effects on the project

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 23

Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 29 May 2017
Posts: 14

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 10

Re: QOTD: City planner: Our city center will not be adequately [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jun 2017, 12:16
I am confused between a and e.
Isn't the question about weakening the reasoning provided?
The last line kind of feels like an action plan. A plan to make the premise work out maybe? Its super confusing. If the reasoning is building ......etc then the anwser should be E i think.
Otherwise A.obviously.

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 10

1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
avatar
S
Joined: 12 Dec 2016
Posts: 634

Kudos [?]: 24 [1] , given: 562

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V33
GPA: 3.64
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: QOTD: City planner: Our city center will not be adequately [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jun 2017, 15:21
1
This post received
KUDOS
It is quite confusing to identify the conclusion and premises of the argument. => the conclusion is the luxurious condonium and small businesses.

B talks about "statewide" => out of scope
E states that city must be revitalized so that small businesses thrive => out
D is wrong because we know nothing about how tax revenue will help the city

Kudos [?]: 24 [1] , given: 562

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 29 May 2017
Posts: 14

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 10

QOTD: City planner: Our city center will not be adequately [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jun 2017, 19:33
1
This post received
KUDOS
chesstitans wrote:
It is quite confusing to identify the conclusion and premises of the argument. => the conclusion is the luxurious condonium and small businesses.

B talks about "statewide" => out of scope
E states that city must be revitalized so that small businesses thrive => out
D is wrong because we know nothing about how tax revenue will help the city

Oh! thank you for clearing it out! Appreciate it!

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 10

VP
VP
avatar
G
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 1118

Kudos [?]: 251 [0], given: 148

Reviews Badge CAT Tests
QOTD: City planner: Our city center will not be adequately [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2017, 05:07
GMATNinja wrote:
The city planner's conclusion is stated in the last sentence: "The city council must be aggressive in drawing new restaurants, laundries, childcare facilities, and other service industries to the city center; otherwise, the revitalization project will surely fail." How does the city planner arrive at this conclusion?

  • In the first sentence, the city planner essentially asks, "If we only expand residential space in the form of high-priced condominiums, will our city center be adequately revitalized?" The answer, according the city planner, is, "No. Offering expanded residential space in the form of high-priced condominiums is not enough to revitalize the city center."
  • So if condominium sales will most likely be insufficient on their own, what else is needed? According to the author, the condominium sales will only sufficiently revitalize the city center if incentives for investment in local small business are also offered. In other words, high-priced condos are not enough; in order revitalize the city center, we need both high-priced condos AND incentives for investment in local small business.
  • Restaurants, laundries, childcare facilities, and other service industries are examples of local small businesses. Thus, the author implies that the city council must be aggressive in drawing small businesses to the city center by offering incentives for investment in such businesses.
  • If the city council is NOT aggressive in attracting small businesses to the city center, the city center will not be successfully revitalized. The author implies that the revitalization project will only be successful if high-priced condos are offered AND if small businesses are attracted to the city center.

Now that we understand the author's reasoning, let's look for an answer choice that, if true, most weakens that reasoning:

(A) According to the passage, we need both high-priced condos AND small businesses in order to successfully revitalize the city center. The city planner implies that the city council must be aggressive in drawing small businesses to the city center by offering incentives for investment in such businesses. But what if those small businesses would come to the city center on their own, without any incentives or efforts on the part of the city council? Choice (A) is evidence that the small businesses might come to the city center on their own to take advantage of the new market. If the same thing were to happen in the city described in the passage, there would be no need for the city council to aggressively attract small businesses or to offer incentives for investment in local small business. Thus, choice (A) is evidence that the city planner's logic is not sound, so let's keep it.


Dear GMATNinja

Your explanation is spot on as usual. However, I do not like the choice A. Citing another person/city/entity..etc does not guarantee that the object at hand will follow the same. If If I apply the same on this question, the plan might work or do not. In OG question, citing another entity is considered wrong answer.

What do I miss?

If you have an OG question that resemble against my thoughts, I appreciate if you can mention the like.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Kudos [?]: 251 [0], given: 148

Director
Director
User avatar
S
Status: Learning
Joined: 20 Dec 2015
Posts: 876

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 364

Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V36
GRE 1: 314 Q157 V157
GPA: 3.4
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Re: QOTD: City planner: Our city center will not be adequately [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2017, 09:20
Very good question .
B seems like a trap answer .
A is more direct and thus is the answer
_________________

We are more often frightened than hurt; and we suffer more from imagination than from reality

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 364

Director
Director
User avatar
G
Joined: 23 Jan 2013
Posts: 601

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 41

Schools: Cambridge'16
CAT Tests
Re: QOTD: City planner: Our city center will not be adequately [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jun 2017, 01:28
cause -> effect question, so the best way to undermine conclusion is:

1. provide alternate cause
2. show reverse relation
3. find data problem

Option A fits second case

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 41

Chat Moderator
avatar
G
Joined: 04 Aug 2016
Posts: 561

Kudos [?]: 79 [0], given: 135

Location: India
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Premium Member CAT Tests
QOTD: City planner: Our city center will not be adequately [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2017, 22:11
GMATNinja wrote:
The city planner's conclusion is stated in the last sentence: "The city council must be aggressive in drawing new restaurants, laundries, childcare facilities, and other service industries to the city center; otherwise, the revitalization project will surely fail." How does the city planner arrive at this conclusion?

  • In the first sentence, the city planner essentially asks, "If we only expand residential space in the form of high-priced condominiums, will our city center be adequately revitalized?" The answer, according the city planner, is, "No. Offering expanded residential space in the form of high-priced condominiums is not enough to revitalize the city center."
  • So if condominium sales will most likely be insufficient on their own, what else is needed? According to the author, the condominium sales will only sufficiently revitalize the city center if incentives for investment in local small business are also offered. In other words, high-priced condos are not enough; in order revitalize the city center, we need both high-priced condos AND incentives for investment in local small business.
  • Restaurants, laundries, childcare facilities, and other service industries are examples of local small businesses. Thus, the author implies that the city council must be aggressive in drawing small businesses to the city center by offering incentives for investment in such businesses.
  • If the city council is NOT aggressive in attracting small businesses to the city center, the city center will not be successfully revitalized. The author implies that the revitalization project will only be successful if high-priced condos are offered AND if small businesses are attracted to the city center.




Very tricky question. Amazing explanation GMATNinja. We need such questions to fine tune our practice.

Kudos [?]: 79 [0], given: 135

Expert Post
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
User avatar
S
Status: GMAT and GRE tutor
Joined: 13 Aug 2009
Posts: 845

Kudos [?]: 1121 [0], given: 344

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170
Re: QOTD: City planner: Our city center will not be adequately [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jul 2017, 21:23
Mo2men wrote:
Dear GMATNinja

Your explanation is spot on as usual. However, I do not like the choice A. Citing another person/city/entity..etc does not guarantee that the object at hand will follow the same. If If I apply the same on this question, the plan might work or do not. In OG question, citing another entity is considered wrong answer.

What do I miss?

If you have an OG question that resemble against my thoughts, I appreciate if you can mention the like.

Thanks in advance for you help.

We don't need an answer choice that GUARANTEES that the revitalization project will succeed. We simply need an answer choice that MOST weakens the reasoning in the passage. The evidence presented in choice (A) weakens the argument, even though it certainly does not guarantee that the project will succeed.

For example, if 10 cities were able to reduce traffic congestion by building an underground subway system, this evidence supports the idea that other cities could do the same. However, the evidence certainly does not guarantee that the same plan will ALWAYS work.
_________________

www.gmatninja.com + GMAT blog + food blog + I'm really bad at PMs

Want expert SC and CR explanations? Check out our verbal Question of the Day! All of them are available here.

Need an expert reply? Hit the request verbal experts' reply button -- and then please be specific about your question for us. Feel free to tag @GMATNinja and @GMATNinjaTwo in your post.

Verbal Experts' Topics of the Week:
All Topics of the Week | Ultimate RC Guide for Beginners | Ultimate CR Guide for Beginners | Ultimate SC Guide for Beginners | 7 reasons why your actual GMAT scores don't match your practice test scores | How to get 4 additional "fake" GMAT Prep tests for $29.99... in any section order | How to go from great (760) to incredible (780) on GMAT SC | Using LSAT for GMAT CR & RC | That "-ing" Word Probably Isn't a Verb | That "-ed" Word Might Not Be a Verb, Either | No-BS Guide to GMAT Idioms | "Being" is not the enemy | WTF is "that" doing in my sentence?

YouTube verbal webinars: "Next-level" GMAT pronouns | Uses of "that" on the GMAT

Kudos [?]: 1121 [0], given: 344

Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 04 Sep 2016
Posts: 204

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 113

Location: India
WE: Engineering (Other)
QOTD: City planner: Our city center will not be adequately [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jul 2017, 02:03
Hi GMATNinja,
Can you suggest if there are two opinions in an argument by an author
(for eg in this case, the first and last sentence) how do we arrive at the
main conclusion?
WR,
Arpit

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 113

Expert Post
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
User avatar
S
Status: GMAT and GRE tutor
Joined: 13 Aug 2009
Posts: 845

Kudos [?]: 1121 [0], given: 344

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170
Re: QOTD: City planner: Our city center will not be adequately [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2017, 20:50
adkikani wrote:
Hi GMATNinja,
Can you suggest if there are two opinions in an argument by an author
(for eg in this case, the first and last sentence) how do we arrive at the
main conclusion?
WR,
Arpit

Thanks for the question! Try looking at the first sentence alone: "Our city center will not be adequately revitalized simply by expanding residential space in the form of high-priced condominiums." If the reader were given only this sentence, would that reflect the author's main point? Does the author want the reader to walk away simply thinking that revitalization will be inadequate if they only expand residential space with high-priced condos? What does the author want to happen? Does the author simply want to provide the theory stated in the first sentence?

No! The author wants to convey that "the city council must be aggressive in drawing new restaurants, laundries, childcare facilities, and other service industries to the city center" if the project is not to fail. The author's main goal is to convey THAT message, not simply to provide the information in the first sentence.

So, in these cases, try asking yourself, "What is the author's main purpose? What does the author want to happen? What does the author want the reader to do?" These questions can help you determine the conclusion.

I hope that helps!
_________________

www.gmatninja.com + GMAT blog + food blog + I'm really bad at PMs

Want expert SC and CR explanations? Check out our verbal Question of the Day! All of them are available here.

Need an expert reply? Hit the request verbal experts' reply button -- and then please be specific about your question for us. Feel free to tag @GMATNinja and @GMATNinjaTwo in your post.

Verbal Experts' Topics of the Week:
All Topics of the Week | Ultimate RC Guide for Beginners | Ultimate CR Guide for Beginners | Ultimate SC Guide for Beginners | 7 reasons why your actual GMAT scores don't match your practice test scores | How to get 4 additional "fake" GMAT Prep tests for $29.99... in any section order | How to go from great (760) to incredible (780) on GMAT SC | Using LSAT for GMAT CR & RC | That "-ing" Word Probably Isn't a Verb | That "-ed" Word Might Not Be a Verb, Either | No-BS Guide to GMAT Idioms | "Being" is not the enemy | WTF is "that" doing in my sentence?

YouTube verbal webinars: "Next-level" GMAT pronouns | Uses of "that" on the GMAT

Kudos [?]: 1121 [0], given: 344

Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 04 Sep 2016
Posts: 204

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 113

Location: India
WE: Engineering (Other)
Re: QOTD: City planner: Our city center will not be adequately [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2017, 23:43
Hi GMATNinja

Let me know of my below understanding is correct:

Opinion: Only belief by author, may or may not be supported by facts/ other opinions

Main Conclusion: Need to be backed by reasoning, which could be a premise (fact) or an
intermediate opinion.

WR,
Arpit.

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 113

Re: QOTD: City planner: Our city center will not be adequately   [#permalink] 13 Jul 2017, 23:43
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
6 Urban planner: When a city loses population due to migration, property hazelnut 5 03 Aug 2017, 07:58
25 Brochure: Help conserve our city's water supply. By youngkacha 4 02 Jun 2015, 00:27
1 City official: In order to revitalize our city s downtown soumyaranjandash 3 08 Nov 2013, 06:30
6 The city s center for disease control reports that the noboru 23 15 Feb 2015, 22:58
16 Political Analyst: Because our city is a border city, hogann 62 22 May 2017, 05:24
Display posts from previous: Sort by

QOTD: City planner: Our city center will not be adequately

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.