It is currently 18 Dec 2017, 01:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Quant/Verbal interchanged?

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 28 Jul 2009
Posts: 118

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Quant/Verbal interchanged? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2009, 19:47
Hi guys,

Just read another forum saying that the test-taker may answer the quant OR the verbal section first. So it's not always quant first? I'm confused. I always thought quant comes before verbal. How true is this?

Sorry if this isn't the proper topic to ask this question.

Thanks! :)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
D
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 16133

Kudos [?]: 29451 [0], given: 5352

Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Quant/Verbal interchanged? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2009, 19:55
vanilla wrote:
Hi guys,

Just read another forum saying that the test-taker may answer the quant OR the verbal section first. So it's not always quant first? I'm confused. I always thought quant comes before verbal. How true is this?

Sorry if this isn't the proper topic to ask this question.

Thanks! :)


No, quant is always the first. They have no idea what they are talking about.
It is AWA (2 essays), break (8 mins), quant, break (8 mins) verbal
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan


Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 29451 [0], given: 5352

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 28 Jul 2009
Posts: 118

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Re: Quant/Verbal interchanged? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2009, 19:59
bb wrote:
No, quant is always the first. They have no idea what they are talking about.
It is AWA (2 essays), break (8 mins), quant, break (8 mins) verbal



Thanks for the clarification BB! Got worried about that since I've been practicing with quant first before verbal.
:)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
D
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 16133

Kudos [?]: 29451 [0], given: 5352

Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Quant/Verbal interchanged? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2009, 20:00
vanilla wrote:
bb wrote:
No, quant is always the first. They have no idea what they are talking about.
It is AWA (2 essays), break (8 mins), quant, break (8 mins) verbal



Thanks for the clarification BB! Got worried about that since I've been practicing with quant first before verbal.
:)


I wish Verbal was first (when the brain is still fresh) but no, it has to be last when I have to re-read each question and argument twice.
I remember my last few questions on the verbal - i was struggling with them and definitely ready to be done.
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan


Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 29451 [0], given: 5352

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 28 Jul 2009
Posts: 118

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Re: Quant/Verbal interchanged? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2009, 21:14
bb wrote:
I wish Verbal was first (when the brain is still fresh) but no, it has to be last when I have to re-read each question and argument twice.
I remember my last few questions on the verbal - i was struggling with them and definitely ready to be done.


Hmm... Valid point though not applicable in my case. I find quant harder hence my need for more focus during quant. But yes, it's very difficult to concentrate on the lengthy passages when we're anxious to finish the exam. I guess this is one of the many challenges of GMAT.

If GMAC does change the order of quant/verbal, this info will be circulated properly, right?

Thanks bb! :)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Nov 2005
Posts: 180

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 10

Re: Quant/Verbal interchanged? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2009, 23:12
Oh thank god. I got scared. I wish AWA was last.

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 10

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
D
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 16133

Kudos [?]: 29451 [0], given: 5352

Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Quant/Verbal interchanged? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2009, 16:21
orsang8 wrote:
Oh thank god. I got scared. I wish AWA was last.


Agree as well. Best you can pick and choose what's first, but that's a dream land :roll:
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan


Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 29451 [0], given: 5352

Re: Quant/Verbal interchanged?   [#permalink] 24 Sep 2009, 16:21
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Quant/Verbal interchanged?

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
HOT DEALS FOR NOVEMBER
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.