GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video
GMAT Club
It is currently 18 Apr 2021, 13:20

FINAL DECISION
SORT BY
Most helpful
SORT BY Interview date
Recent interviewed
SORT BY Post date
Recent posted
Debrief posted on  Oct 09 2020 [#permalink] Queen's, Full Time MBA January Intake
Skype Interviewed on: Oct 08 2020 Final Decision: Admitted

"Even though the first debrief here covers everything, I thought I should add my own experience becuase the number of debriefs for queen's are just too few. As mentioned by others, the interview was conversational: so do not be stressed at all. I had prepared for all the usual questions: why mba, why now, why queens, why canada, how are you in a team, how are you as a leader, target industry and organizations, post mba goals, one thing you want adcom to know about you, and the other usual ones. I suggest everyone to go through previous years FT MBA threads, you will certainly find more questions that may be asked (thats what I had done) I would also suggest attending their information sessions and webinars, or watch the previous ones on their youtube channel. Go through the program website and be very clear about what you want from an MBA and know how Queen's fits into the picture. Good luck if you're reading this and have your interview pretty soon! P.S. Will update my result as and when I receive it. EDIT: I got in! The entire application, including the interview, was super smooth, stress-free, and quick. See you all in Jan 2021!"

anjmlk from Canada
0 out of 0 people found this Debrief helpful.

Was this Debrief helpful for you?

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Oct 08 2020 [#permalink] Queen's, Full Time MBA January Intake
Skype Interviewed on: Sep 15 2020 Final Decision: Admitted

"It was quite conversational, I assume that they shared over email what topics you'll be talking about. It's an admissions rep and one from career services, and they basically want to know about what you can bring into the class, how much of a team player are you, and leadership history. You'll likely feel comfortable during the interview. Remember that a big part of Queen's FTMBA program is based in working in a team environment, so got to make sure that you will stand out and that you have what it takes to make the best out of the people that you're working with. I think that the debrief is pretty good and represents my interview as well."

dupuis2304 from Mexico GMAT 660;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jun 19 2020 [#permalink] Queen's, Full Time MBA January Intake
Skype Interviewed on: Jun 08 2020 Final Decision: Admitted

"I'm surprised that there's no debrief for Queen's, so I thought I should include mine. It was my first MBA interview out of the 3 schools I applied to, and it was abysmal. I was really nervous and stumbled a lot. I also did the interview at 8:30pm after a very VERY long and stressful day at work so there was one point where I even spaced out a bit. They skipped the why MBA/background questions. Jumped straight into the following: - Why now? -> I quoted professional reasons and also personal reasons (woman, wanna start a family in the future so now is the time for an MBA) - What unique value would you bring to the program? - Did you talk to any past/current MBA candidates from Queen's? - What extracurricular activity you know of and want to participate in at Queen's? - I didn't know any and I admitted that. I turned the answer into "Here are the xyz activities I participated in throughout undergrad and at work. I look forward to do the same at Queen's" - What if someone isn't pulling his/her weight on your team? -> seeing that Queen's is team-based, they will dig into this question. I gave the usual "be nice, listen to that person's difficulties" answer but they know it's BS. They followed with "okay but what if there's only 1 week left before your team has to submit the paper/project and the person is still not pulling their weight and s/he will only do 70-80% of what s/he is supposed to". So be prepared. - What do you want the AdCom to know about you? There were maybe 1-2 more questions but again, I was very tired and do not recall what they were. My 2 other interviews after Queen's were way better because I learned from this one, and I got admitted to both schools. I'm still waiting for Queen's decision so I can have all my options available. Lessons: - Do a mock interview - Make sure you're in a good physical state before the interview. I rushed home an hour before the interview starts, tried to eat dinner and shower in a hurry and paid the price. If your interview is at 8pm, ask to leave work early around 3pm that day. - Maybe even schedule your least favorite/not targeted school's interview first so you can do a little practice run. - Research more Do as I say, not as I do. Good luck! ** Update: I got admitted with $$ so I guess it wasn't that bad after all. I think the rest of my profile carried me through."

kanachi47 GMAT 680; WE: 40 months; Insurance

yes
no