Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:44 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 103
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 339 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 339 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Query on the timing in ESR [#permalink]
medus18 wrote:
Will do that..I don't remember exactly but there was a reflection of tubelight on the screen and I was not able to see the time clearly..But each quarter consists of 9 questions right?

Posted from my mobile device

Yup it would be 9 in each.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
My EAR report is turning out to be an IR question in itself. If every section has 9 questions then if I multiply each quarter's average time per question with 9 and add up, then I should get the total time spent on the section. This again comes to around 55 minutes and not 65 minutes.

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [0]
Given Kudos: 631
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
medus18 wrote:
My ESR for GMAT exam shows that I spent mean time of 1 minutes and 33 seconds in verbal sections. So considering there are 36 questions I answered, does it mean that I spent ~55 minutes out of the 65 allotted minutes for the verbal section?
Also the ESR shows that I spent 2 minutes and 7 seconds per question of RC, 1 minute and 6 seconds per question of SC and 1 minute and 24 seconds per question of CR.
Also quarter wise per question time spent is as follows:
Q1-2 minutes 12 seconds, Q2-1 minutes 19 seconds, Q3-1 minutes 42 seconds and Q4- 53 seconds
Your ESR provides information on only the scored questions presented to you. It provides no information whatsoever about the experimental questions on your exam. There are 6 experimental questions in the verbal section, leaving 30 scored questions.

1. You spent 46.5 minutes on the "real" questions, and any remaining time on the experimental questions (the ones that don't count). Assuming that you finished the test and that you didn't finish early, you spent 18.5 minutes on the 6 experimental questions. If you finished early, then of course that's different.

2. There are 8, 7, 7, and 8 scored questions in the four "quarters" that the ESR shows. Try adjusting your calculations for this and check what the total time comes to.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
That's befuddling because as per my understanding the experimental questions are not more than 650 difficulty level. So assuming that if I consumed approx. 65 minutes then I spent more than 3 minutes per question on low difficulty level questions. Somehow, I am not able to attach my ESR here due to that minimum 5 posts rule.
Could you please share your email Id or https://gmatclub.com/chat number?

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [0]
Given Kudos: 631
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
medus18 wrote:
That's befuddling because as per my understanding the experimental questions are not more than 650 difficulty level. So assuming that if I consumed approx. 65 minutes then I spent more than 3 minutes per question on low difficulty level questions. Somehow, I am not able to attach my ESR here due to that minimum 5 posts rule.
Could you please share your email Id or https://gmatclub.com/chat number?
Sure. You can reach me at ajitesh@ascore.io.

As for experimental questions: by definition, the difficulty level of an experimental question is unknown. That is why the "experiment" is being run: to determine the characteristics of the question(s) so as to build the pool of "real" questions for future GMAT exams. By the way, some experimental questions are reworked or dropped altogether once the data have been analyzed (when it is shown that the question is not a good question, is biased, or is just plain wrong).
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22050 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi medus18,

How did things go with your GMAT? What was your score breakdown?
GMAT Club Bot