GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 01 Jun 2020, 15:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Query regarding Purdue University MS Finance Program.

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
S
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V34
GRE 1: Q170 V160
GPA: 3.82
Query regarding Purdue University MS Finance Program.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2020, 05:35
Hi, I have applied to ASU WP Carey and Ohio Fisher for MSF and SMF program. However, Purdue Krannert MSF is much much cheaper compared to the former two. Please tell me is it advisable for me as an Indian applicant to apply to Purdue in case I already have admits from ASU and OSU. Does Purdue give comparable quality education in MS Finance program and job prospects?
Director
Director
D
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
Schools: Terry '22
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2020, 06:47
To begin with, did you receive any from of scholarships from those schools?
And what was your GMAT score?
ashminkaul wrote:
Hi, I have applied to ASU WP Carey and Ohio Fisher for MSF and SMF program. However, Purdue Krannert MSF is much much cheaper compared to the former two. Please tell me is it advisable for me as an Indian applicant to apply to Purdue in case I already have admits from ASU and OSU. Does Purdue give comparable quality education in MS Finance program and job prospects?

Posted from my mobile device
S
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V34
GRE 1: Q170 V160
GPA: 3.82
Re: Query regarding Purdue University MS Finance Program.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2020, 10:06
Hey, I have not received any scholarship. My GRE score is 314(Q-160,V-154).
Director
Director
D
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
Schools: Terry '22
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2020, 12:58
https://www.ets.org/gre/institutions/ad ... t06_180820
Your predicted GMAT score is a 600

Average GMAT score of Purdue university is 635 but I think you might outweigh their average gpa 3.35
Now coming to cost, OSU and Purdue are the same $48K.
ASU is 59K

Now, “does Purdue give comparable quality education in MS Finance program and job prospects?”
Sure they do looking at the curriculum of their MSF and placements post graduation is impressive but not so compared to OSU with 85% placements (6month) after graduation.

“Please tell me is it advisable for me as an Indian applicant to apply to Purdue in case I already have admits from ASU and OSU.”?
Why not ,you should. It will give you more options to consider.

ashminkaul wrote:
Hey, I have not received any scholarship. My GRE score is 314(Q-160,V-154).

Posted from my mobile device
G
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Query regarding Purdue University MS Finance Program.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2020, 00:29
Hi ashminkaul,
First of all, congratulations on receiving an admit from universities like ASU and OSU. These universities are amongst the top-ranked for their masters in finance programs.
However, it is not a bad idea to consider Purdue as well because:
Purdue ranks #5 in North America for its Master of Science in Finance.
Like others, it also offers a short-length (10-month) STEM-designated program. STEM is an added leverage for international applicants
Considering the program cost for Indian candidates, yes, Purdue is cheaper compared to the other two.
I would suggest that even though you have admits from ASU and OSU, you can still consider Purdue. It provides quality education with classes in subjects like accounting; mergers and acquisitions; economics; risk management; and more. Apart from education, it focuses on developing your leadership skills whilst adopting a global perspective. Also, the job prospects after graduation are pretty decent. Frequent employers are Amazon, Ford, HSBC, J.P Morgan, Mastercard and many more. The average salary of MSF Purdue’s graduates is $56,724.
Hence, applying to Purdue would only provide you with more options to consider before making a final decision.
For evaluating your profile to know your chances of being accepted at Purdue University, you can take our FREE profile evaluation via the link:
https://www.mim-essay.com/profile-evaluation?gcf

Hope this helped!

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

92% Success Rate| 1200+ Admits in Top Schools| 1.8 Million Euros in Scholarships

Book A Free Call: https://www.mim-essay.com/book-an-appointment-form/?gfc-button
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Query regarding Purdue University MS Finance Program.   [#permalink] 18 Mar 2020, 00:29

Query regarding Purdue University MS Finance Program.

new topic post reply Update application status