Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:34 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
This sounds like a straighforward question from an ethics exam:

1) You have an ethical obligation to disclose fully all material information.

2) This incident is almost certainly material

3) Thus, it should be disclosed

Integrity is revealing potentially detrimental information because you know it is the right thing to do.

Hjort
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Re: One More Question [#permalink]
Expert Reply
PaTxGuy wrote:
I agree with you and plan to be completely open and honest about it (and the subsequent lessons learned).

The only question I have is if this can seriously affect my chances. If it could be a major factor in the admissions process, I may just take my chances and not say a word, hoping for the best that it never comes up.

If I know that it wont be a crucial factor to the admissions process I have no problem disclosing it.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Officially this will not doom your application. Unofficially I suspect it depends on the reader. If the reader has a DUI on his or her record but is otherwise a responsibile, respectable member of society who has also left the frat society behind, then he or she will discount the infraction. If the readers were at some point a victim of a drunk driver, for example, they make take it a little differently.

However I again reiterate, if you are asked about such infractions, you must disclose. Failing to reveal this misdemeanor when asked could doom your application. Responding honestly to the question has its risks but is not the equivalent of application suicide.

Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: One More Question [#permalink]