Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 00:21 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 00:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
squali83 wrote:
Lich wrote:
Dude, I would not quit while I am still waiting to hear back from other/better schools. I'm pretty sure if you get accepted later from some of your better schools they would do a routine background check, like calling your supervisor or recommenders. By leaving now, your boss could be sufficiently pissed off at the short notice that he might bad mouth you later during the background check. Better play it safe.

My reccomender from the corporate job actually retired two months ago. He is a friend and I regularly play golf with him, so I am not worried about that all too much. I think I am going to wait until I hera from all schools and make the move end of March, take Ryhme's suggestion and give them a shout. Thanks for al input.

Yea I didn't realize you didn't have an admit yet. If you don't... I really urge you to wait until you do.

I know its an ugly thought but what if you don't get in this year?

Then what?

Your next essay gonna be about how you and the bartender lady with the words juicy on her butt teamworked that Vodka Tonic?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:
squali83 wrote:
Lich wrote:
Dude, I would not quit while I am still waiting to hear back from other/better schools. I'm pretty sure if you get accepted later from some of your better schools they would do a routine background check, like calling your supervisor or recommenders. By leaving now, your boss could be sufficiently pissed off at the short notice that he might bad mouth you later during the background check. Better play it safe.

My reccomender from the corporate job actually retired two months ago. He is a friend and I regularly play golf with him, so I am not worried about that all too much. I think I am going to wait until I hera from all schools and make the move end of March, take Ryhme's suggestion and give them a shout. Thanks for al input.

Yea I didn't realize you didn't have an admit yet. If you don't... I really urge you to wait until you do.

I know its an ugly thought but what if you don't get in this year?

Then what?

Your next essay gonna be about how you and the bartender lady with the words juicy on her butt teamworked that Vodka Tonic?

I have admits at schools I would attend, however, I am still waiting for 4 other decisions. Who knows I may end up doing it and omitting it from my resume. My reccomender said he would agree to be my POC for that company when I need one in the future job serach post MBA. However, it would be a fun 6 months allowing me to unwind. I cannot stand my job anymore so that is why I am leaning twoards it. But I will not make the move until all admit decisions have been made.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2