It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 14:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

RAGCT 2015 Day 6: Recently conducted surveys of over 100 start-ups

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 6

Re: RAGCT 2015 Day 6: Recently conducted surveys of over 100 start-ups [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2015, 07:22
I think it should be D as the others change the meaning.
Please correct if wrong

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 6

1 KUDOS received
Retired Moderator
P
Status: worked for Kaplan's associates, but now on my own, free and flying

Kudos [?]: 7917 [1], given: 364

WE: Education (Education)
Re: RAGCT 2015 Day 6: Recently conducted surveys of over 100 start-ups [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2015, 09:46
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
A. so much that these companies not discovering a point of differentiation as that they failing to communicate it --- Not discovering is wrong; We need a verb here not a participle

B. so much that these companies do not discover a point of differentiation as that they fail to communicate them --- ‘them’ is wrong pronoun

C. that these companies do not discover a point of differentiation but that they fail to communicate it – Text says that the reason is both non-discovery and not communicating—only thing is that it is more due to non–communicating than due to non discovery. But C alters the intent and claims that the reason for failure is only non–communicating, implying that non discovery has no role in the failure. This is fatal. Another issue, a comma before 'but' would be more grammatical.

D. so much that these companies do not discover a point of differentiation as that they fail to communicate it --- rigorously sticks to original intent and hence the best

E. that these companies discovering a point of differentiation fail to communicate it ---structurally weak; suspect the sentence is incomplete.

“Better than a thousand days of diligent study is one day with a great teacher” – a Japanese proverb.

Kudos [?]: 7917 [1], given: 364

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 45

Concentration: Operations, Technology
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2015, 10:43
daagh wrote:
A. so much that these companies not discovering a point of differentiation as that they failing to communicate it --- Not discovering is wrong; We need a verb here not a participle

B. so much that these companies do not discover a point of differentiation as that they fail to communicate them --- ‘them’ is wrong pronoun

C. that these companies do not discover a point of differentiation but that they fail to communicate it – Text says that the reason is both non-discovery and not communicating—only thing is that it is more due to non–communicating than due to non discovery. But C alters the intent and claims that the reason for failure is only non–communicating, implying that non discovery has no role in the failure. This is fatal. Another issue, a comma before 'but' would be more grammatical.

D. so much that these companies do not discover a point of differentiation as that they fail to communicate it --- rigorously sticks to original intent and hence the best

E. that these companies discovering a point of differentiation fail to communicate it ---structurally weak; suspect the sentence is incomplete.

hi daagh,

reason is not so much ...... can reason be used like this in a sentence?? :(

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 45

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 28

Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.6
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2015, 12:32
C and D are gramatically correct.
But only C makes sense
As for D, it means that: the problem with the start-up failure is not so much that companies don´t discover a point of differentiation but they fail to address it to their clients. Now how can they be blaimed for not addressing to their clients something they don´t know?
Thus, C makes sense by saying that companies know it, but they opt not to address it.

cheers

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 28

Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 114 [0], given: 157

Concentration: Finance, International Business
GPA: 3
WE: Project Management (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2015, 10:53
Clear D...

3-2 split and then subj verb modifier...

Kudos if you like my post

Kudos [?]: 114 [0], given: 157

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Kudos [?]: 263 [0], given: 0

Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 26 Aug 2017, 07:23
Hello from the GMAT Club VerbalBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.

Kudos [?]: 263 [0], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 2 [1], given: 128

Show Tags

New post 01 Sep 2017, 23:11
This post received
KUDOS
Recently conducted surveys of over 100 start-ups indicate that the cause of the high failure rate of start-ups is not so much that these companies not discovering a point of differentiation as that they failing to communicate it to their customers in a clear, concise, and compelling manner.

A. so much that these companies not discovering a point of differentiation as that they failing to communicate it

B. so much that these companies do not discover a point of differentiation as that they fail to communicate them

C. that these companies do not discover a point of differentiation but that they fail to communicate it

D. so much that these companies do not discover a point of differentiation as that they fail to communicate it

E. that these companies discovering a point of differentiation fail to communicate it

Kudos [?]: 2 [1], given: 128

Re: RAGCT 2015 Day 6: Recently conducted surveys of over 100 start-ups   [#permalink] 01 Sep 2017, 23:11

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 27 posts ] 

RAGCT 2015 Day 6: Recently conducted surveys of over 100 start-ups

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap