Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:41 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11666 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1603 [1]
Given Kudos: 1002
Concentration: International Business, Operations
GPA: 3.01
WE:Engineering (Real Estate)
Send PM
Re: Recommendation for gmat material [#permalink]
Kudos
Iqraaa wrote:
I have finished Manhattan series but my score is still very low. Which book I should go for next??

Posted from my mobile device

Hi Iqraaa,

There is no limit to low score. You must provide at least brief detail about your preparation and how low you scored during preps.

Only then experts can help you.
VP
VP
Send PM
Kudos
Iqraaa wrote:
Thankyou for replying. I am studying for 2 months Q19 V21 its around 330 to 400. My target is 650. I have finished Manhattan series and practiced Og questions

Hi,

Though 330 to 400 is a very low score with two months of prep, but you can always improve. Looking at your scores I can conclude that your Quant is too weak. Therefore I would suggest you to work on Quant first only. Leave Verbal for sometime, because that way you can focus more on Quant. Reach upto at least quant 40, then work on Verbal till you hit V27 or 30. After that do both Q and V simultaneously if you are comfortable.

As you said you are working with MGMAT guides and OGs, this is enough material to start with and to reach at least 500. You should practice on GMAT club more and more, so that you can learn more and more techniques to solve questions.

Use these link: https://gmatclub.com/forum/search.php?view=search_tags

https://gmatclub.com/forum/verbal-guide ... 9/?fl=menu

https://gmatclub.com/forum/timing-strat ... ml?fl=menu

https://gmatclub.com/marketplace/free-stuff?fl=menu

https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-flashca ... ml?fl=menu

You can easily score 600+ by using GMAT club resources.

If you don't see improvement by self study then you can try :

For Quant : Target Test Prep course

For Verbal : E-gmat course

Both courses have free trial of a week or so.

Also read these blogs :

https://blog.targettestprep.com/preparing-for-the-gmat/

https://blog.targettestprep.com/mindset ... t-success/

Hope this helps.
VP
VP
Send PM
Recommendation for gmat material [#permalink]
Kudos
Iqraaa wrote:
Should I buy Magoosh course ? Will it help? Or target test will be enough?

Target test prep has only Quant course. They don't provide Verbal course.

Magoosh provide both Quant and Verbal material.

But Target Test prep is the most detailed course for Quant and much better than Magoosh, though Magoosh has resonable price.

Here are the reviews : https://gmatclub.com/reviews/gmat_courses/

You should go for free trial first and see yourself which course you are comfortable with.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thankyou for replying. I am studying for 2 months Q19 V21 its around 330 to 400. My target is 650. I have finished Manhattan series and practiced Og questions

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Should I buy Magoosh course ? Will it help? Or target test will be enough?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Iqraaa wrote:

Your score suggests that your fundamentals are lacking. I would NOT recommend that you pick up any other book/source at this point in time. Remember, it is not the number of questions that you attempt that will improve your score but how well you understand and review each question that you attempt.

I'd suggest you spend at least a month each with the Foundations of GMAT Math and the Foundations of GMAT Verbal books. Do these and them re-attempt the OG. Keep repeating this until you see definite improvements. Slow and steady wins the race so don't give up hope if you see little progress. Also, take some professional high school level math coaching if such a course/facility exists where you live.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22052 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Iqraaa,

Regarding prep courses, in addition to seeking advice in this thread, take a look at the GMAT Club reviews for the best quant and verbal courses, and also read through some GMAT success stories to see what materials have worked well for other test-takers.

You also may find it helpful to read this article about
how to score a 700+ on the GMAT.

Good luck!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11666 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Iqraaa,

Raising a 330 to a 400 is a nice improvement, but you will have to do considerably more work to get to the point that you could consistently score 650+. That type of improvement will likely require at least another 3 months of consistent, guided study - and you'll have to make significant improvements to how you handle BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections. Thankfully, the GMAT is a consistent, predictable Exam, so you CAN train to score at a higher level. You would likely find it beneficial to invest in a GMAT Course of some type (either Guided Self-Study or instructor-led), so you should plan to look into the available options.

Most GMAT Companies offer some type of free materials (practice problems, Trial Accounts, videos, etc.) that you can use to 'test out' a product before you buy it. We have a variety of those resources at out site (www.empowergmat.com). I suggest that you take advantage of all of them then choose the one that best matches your personality, timeline and budget.

It would help to know a bit more about your overall timeline:

1) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
2) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
3) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Math Revolution GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 16598 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi, Iqraaa

We are sorry to hear that you didn’t see any improvement, though you spent 2 months. Considering that beginners usually get 400-500 for their first time GMAT test, your score is a little bit low. There could be two reasons why you are suffering from stagnation. The first reason is lack of foundations in both section. Fully understanding the basics is the first step toward achieving your goal. You’d better take Math Review course. This course is offered by most of the companies and you can learn the basics of each section. You can refer to this: https://gmatclub.com/reviews/highest-ra ... or-quant-4

If you already took it, then the problem could be that you focus on solving the questions without solid foundations. Again, we put an emphasis on establishing solid foundation first. You can also refer to the high school text books when you have difficulties in understanding topics, such as Integer, Statistics, Inequality, Probability, and Absolute Value. But you don’t have to spend much time on studying other complementary material. I recommend you to take a basic course and use other materials to complement. The second reason could be lack of time you spent. You’d better reflect on your studying style and schedules. To improve your score dramatically, you should spend more than 3 hours on studying everyday for more than 3 months. You should keep in mind that your effort and studying style are also important regardless of which companies you choose.

To hit the score over 650, you should improve both verbal and quant. At least the score of one section should be over 40. If you are non-native, it is much more difficult to get good score especially in verbal. In this case, you’d better focus on Quant and get Q49-51 to complement verbal score. It is also important to make your strategy after establishing solid foundations. As Math Revolution is specialized in Quant and we have a lot of tips you can see freely, you can also refer to our site! : https://www.mathrevolution.com/board/li ... thGuidance

Please let us know if you have further questions.
You can reach us at info@mathrevolution.com

Success is within your reach,
Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot