It is currently 13 Dec 2017, 09:08

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Ross R1 | Kellogg R1 | Darden R1 | Tepper R1

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Request for Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Request for Profile Evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2017, 07:57
Hi,

I plan to apply for an MBA program starting Fall 2018. Can someone please have a look at my profile and provide your feedback? Thanks!

Indian male

Work Experience:
Senior Consultant at a top 5 Technology and Strategy consulting firm (will have 3.5+ years of experience at the time of starting school)

Academic Qualifications:
1. M.S. in Engg. GPA - 3.5+ (top three Ivy league school)
2. B.E. in Engg. GPA - 3.3+ (top 10 Engg. School in India, graduated in the top 10% of the class)
Gender - Male
GMAT: 740
List of Schools I plan on applying to: HBS, Wharton, Booth, Stanford, Sloan, Kellogg, Columbia
Extra Curricular Activities - Was moderately involved in social service activities while pursuing my Bachelors and inter college level activities as well. Haven't been able to pursue much post graduation.

Areas of Interest in MBA - Business Analytics, Management in Tech Space

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 38

Re: Request for Profile Evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2017, 23:43
IndEng wrote:
Hi,

I plan to apply for an MBA program starting Fall 2018. Can someone please have a look at my profile and provide your feedback? Thanks!

Indian male

Work Experience:
Senior Consultant at a top 5 Technology and Strategy consulting firm (will have 3.5+ years of experience at the time of starting school)

Academic Qualifications:
2. B.E. in Engg. GPA - 3.3+ (top 10 Engg. School in India, graduated in the top 10% of the class)
Gender - Male
List of Schools I plan on applying to: HBS, Wharton, Booth, Stanford, Sloan, Kellogg, Columbia
Extra Curricular Activities - Was moderately involved in social service activities while pursuing my Bachelors and inter college level activities as well. Haven't been able to pursue much post graduation.

Hi there,

Your profile is good but you need a wow factor for the M7 schools you're targeting. Your GMAT score is awesome. Your work ex is a bit on the lower side but still good. Undergrad GPA is good too. Your international education also helps. But adcoms look for your accomplishments and leadership experience. You need to display leadership and an upward trajectory in your career. Most schools are also interested in your community involvement. Everyone is involved during their undergrad but what are you doing right now? I hope this helps.

Best,

Deep A.
Chief Counselling Officer
http://www.EduSimplified.com

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 38

Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 91 [0], given: 40

Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2017, 12:14
IndEng wrote:
Hi,
Just seeing this today- I hope R1 went well- but if not- there is still time to focus on Round 2 and put in solid applications. How did it go so far?

Indian male

Work Experience:

Academic Qualifications:
Gender - Male
I would also suggest that you think more broadly about how you have led and been engaged in all areas of your life since college- are you leading a firm wide activity? Organizing events that build the culture? Think creatively about how you can show leadership even if you lack lots of "official" club roles now- and also keep thinking about how you are giving back. If you do want to get more feedback, we encourage you to reach out for a free consult at this link:
re you still waiting to hear from adcom after your Round 1 application was submitted?
No interview, but no denial? Don't know where you stand? If so, read these tips and best wishes on Round 2 and hearing good news in the future!
https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... ach-adcom/

And we are always just a click away to help you with any questions in your MBA applications. For a free consult, sign up at this link: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Kudos [?]: 91 [0], given: 40

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consultant
S

Kudos [?]: 340 [0], given: 2

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2017, 05:18
IndEng wrote:
Hi,

Indian male

Work Experience:

Academic Qualifications:
Gender - Male

Lots of potential here, as already stated, but missing the wow factor for now. Therefore it would help if you could elaborate on your post MBA goal, why you’ve chosen the specific schools you mentioned, if there is anything in your background that could help you stand out from the crowd as well as any measurable, impressive achievements during your work experience or your extra curricular activities.

If you are not sure what adcoms are looking for when it comes to this, the ARINGO team would be more than happy to help you come up with some ideas of course, so if so, feel free to be in touch.

But without some “secret sauce”, so to speak, that helps differentiate you from other Indian applicants I am not super optimistic about your chances, so you really do need to find something unique to focus on in your applications.

Good luck!

https://ARINGO.com/ – MBA Admissions Consulting

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

All statistics verified by Ernst & Young

Kudos [?]: 340 [0], given: 2

Re: Request for Profile Evaluation   [#permalink] 27 Nov 2017, 05:18

Request for Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: ydmuley

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap