Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:27 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Requiring Assistance for B-School Applications [#permalink]
Hi Taterways

Thank you for your evaluation. I’ve slightly modified the previous message a little bit to add some aspects that I had missed out on earlier. Please let me know if that changes the evaluation in any way.

Demographic
/ Male, Indian, 25 years old

GMAT
/ 710 (Q49 V39).

Academics
/ 10th grade: 9.6 CGPA
/ 12th Grade: 96.75%
/ Undergrad: Bachelors in Commerce (Hons.) from Delhi University 75.74% (first division).

Work Experience
/ I currently have a total of 3.5 years of work experience currently. My experience has been gained in diverse small/medium scaled organizations, including both consumer and social impact.
- Client servicing analyst and then associate in a couple of advertising and PR firms.
- Project manager for an International Symposium on Digital Heritage, conducted in association with IIT Delhi
- Marketing and bd associate for a social impact research organisation
- Finally with the advent of covid, I have had to resort to freelance marketing consulting involving social media management, brand campaigns and website management for small business clients, which is what I currently have been engaged in for the past 8 months

My job role and responsibilities have included advertising, business development, strategy, and brand management.

Extra-curricular
/ In terms of extra-curricular activities
- Represented India with a delegation of students at the International Children’s Festival at the Artemis International Children’s Centre, Ukraine (during school)
- I have interned at Music Basti (during school) which worked with underprivileged children to bolster their personalities through music
- I have passed Grade 4 in guitar from Rock School, Trinity College
- I attended summer school at LSE in Managerial Accounting (during undergrad)
- During my freelance phase, have co-founded a small Instagram and website based e-commerce business dealing in retail fashion products

I am looking to target the following B-Schools for the class of 2024
/ Kellogg - MMM Program
/ Yale, SOM
/ SC Johnson, Cornell
/ Anderson, UCLA
/ Stern, NYU
/ Columbia
/ Esade Business School
/ Insead, France
/ HEC Paris
/ Rotman, Toronto
/ McGill, Montreal

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Tejas123 wrote:
Hi Taterways

Thank you for your evaluation. I’ve slightly modified the previous message a little bit to add some aspects that I had missed out on earlier. Please let me know if that changes the evaluation in any way.

Demographic

GMAT
/ 710 (Q49 V39).

Academics
/ Undergrad: Bachelors in Commerce (Hons.) from Delhi University 75.74% (first division).

Work Experience
/ I currently have a total of 3.5 years of work experience currently. My experience has been gained in diverse small/medium scaled organizations, including both consumer and social impact.
- Client servicing analyst and then associate in a couple of advertising and PR firms.
- Project manager for an International Symposium on Digital Heritage, conducted in association with IIT Delhi
- Finally with the advent of covid, I have had to resort to freelance marketing consulting involving social media management, brand campaigns and website management for small business clients, which is what I currently have been engaged in for the past 8 months

My job role and responsibilities have included advertising, business development, strategy, and brand management.

Extra-curricular
- Represented India with a delegation of students at the International Children’s Festival at the Artemis International Children’s Centre, Ukraine (during school)
- I have interned at Music Basti (during school) which worked with underprivileged children to bolster their personalities through music
- During my freelance phase, have co-founded a small Instagram and website based e-commerce business dealing in retail fashion products

/ Kellogg - MMM Program
/ Yale, SOM
/ SC Johnson, Cornell
/ Anderson, UCLA
/ Stern, NYU
/ Columbia
/ Esade Business School
/ Insead, France
/ HEC Paris
/ Rotman, Toronto
/ McGill, Montreal

Thanks for the further context Tejas. Seems like you have had some international exposure which is always good to highlight especially for INSEAD and other European colleges. Otherwise, I think you have a good profile and you should apply to a mix of schools - Dream, reach and safety to ensure an admit.

I am still not sure on your criteria for school selection so you need to look at that more closely. The schools should align well with your post-MBA goals (which you haven't mentioned) and "fit". As always, feel free to email us!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Taterways

thank you for super prompt responses. Sorry missed out on the post MBA goals.

I guess my goals are a little varied at the moment, but broadly I'm looking to either go into business consulting and strategy or into the fluid field of design and innovation
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Tejas123 wrote:
Hi Taterways

Demographic

GMAT
/ 710 (Q49 V39).

Academics

Work Experience

Extra-curricular

/ Kellogg - MMM Program
/ Yale, SOM
/ SC Johnson, Cornell
/ Anderson, UCLA
/ Stern, NYU
/ Columbia
/ Esade Business School
/ Insead, France
/ HEC Paris
/ Rotman, Toronto
/ McGill, Montreal

Hi Tejas123,

Thanks.

The freelance experience, as well as the international exposure, will be value-adding; however, your current GMAT score is under the median for Indian males applying to top-notch global schools; therefore, to target the top 6 schools on your list and INSEAD, we would recommend a GMAT retake.

Further, you seem to have a 3-year undergrad degree; while most schools will have no issues with a 3-year undergrad degree, some global schools do need you to complete 16-years of education prior to joining the program; hence, do check your eligibility with each of your target schools before applying.

All the best!
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Hi Tejas123

You have a decent profile. GMAT Scores are slightly below the average(not to worry) for few MBA Programs listed above. EC's looks great. While assessing your application, top b-schools look for candidates profile which fits into their program (shortlisting right school inclining towards candidates post MBA goals). Assuming that you still want to continue with your current job sector(product/strategy management), you can also consider the below schools that may good for your fit.

UT Austin, McCombs School of Business
Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management - MBA
Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business
MIT, Sloan School of Business

Cheers!
GMAT Club Bot