Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:50 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.37
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [1]
Given Kudos: 629
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Rescheduling - is it worth it? [#permalink]
So I just came home from my first attempt at GMAT, and I'm quite glad I did not postpone it. I scored 720 (Q48 V40), and I have been trying to decide whether, or not I should be happy about it haha But I decided that it is a pretty decent score after all, nothing to be ashamed of, so I might as well be ^^

I knew I didn't do well on the verbal, as there was a lot of noise and commotion in the room, and I could hear it even through the ear plugs. I felt annoyed, even though I tried my best to ignore it, but I could barely keep my focus. I think that someone's been typing his or her essay, and the keyboard only had one leg out. The noise of the keyboard constantly hitting the desk kept cutting me off from my line of thoughts. There were also other things on top of that, but this was definitely an unexpected nuisance.

BTW fun fact, I scored 730 on both of my GMATPrep CAT's (Nov 30 and Dec 20), and 700 on the free MGMAT CAT (Dec 19), so I feel that my end result is very consistent with these.

Knowing this, and having a real exam experience will definitely make it easier for me to prepare for my next attempt - if I decide to go for it. Not sure how much difference it would make though... I'll need to do some research on this :-)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [0]
Given Kudos: 629
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Re: Rescheduling - is it worth it? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Dreya wrote:
So I just came home from my first attempt at GMAT, and I'm quite glad I did not postpone it. I scored 720 (Q48 V40), and I have been trying to decide whether, or not I should be happy about it haha But I decided that it is a pretty decent score after all, nothing to be ashamed of, so I might as well be ^^

I knew I didn't do well on the verbal, as there was a lot of noise and commotion in the room, and I could hear it even through the ear plugs. I felt annoyed, even though I tried my best to ignore it, but I could barely keep my focus. I think that someone's been typing his or her essay, and the keyboard only had one leg out. The noise of the keyboard constantly hitting the desk kept cutting me off from my line of thoughts. There were also other things on top of that, but this was definitely an unexpected nuisance.

BTW fun fact, I scored 730 on both of my GMATPrep CAT's (Nov 30 and Dec 20), and 700 on the free MGMAT CAT (Dec 19), so I feel that my end result is very consistent with these.

Knowing this, and having a real exam experience will definitely make it easier for me to prepare for my next attempt - if I decide to go for it. Not sure how much difference it would make though... I'll need to do some research on this :-)
720 is a very good score. And you did very well on verbal (Q48=69%, V40=91%).

But the real question is... did you select any programs at the beginning of the test :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Quote:
720 is a very good score. And you did very well on verbal (Q48=69%, V40=91%).

But the real question is... did you select any programs at the beginning of the test :-D

Touche! :lol: :lol: :lol: Actually, before going to bed I remembered that I still had no final list... so I started researching. I knew two schools for sure, and I had a longer list of course (there are so many excellent choices!), but I had to cut it down. I ended up going to bed just before 2 am, ready with my list (more or less :D) However, I forgot to take a look at it before going into the room *total facepalm* So I must have spent the first 5-10 minutes contemplating and reevaluating my options. Actually, when I saw that there was no time limit on this, I got calm, and just really slowed down, so it ended up being a good thing for me, as instead of heading into the quant section in a state of rush and excitement, I was totally zen by the time I even got there :lol:

Full disclosure: when I came out, I had no idea what exactly did I end up choosing. Now I'm 99% sure that I remember correctly :lol:
GMAT Club Bot