Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 18:51 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 18:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22041 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2852 [0]
Given Kudos: 144
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [0]
Given Kudos: 626
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Re: Resources/Tips to improve on Mocks [#permalink]
Expert Reply
VinayGanagi wrote:
I am looking for tips/resources to further improve my scores, both quant and verbal. I realize they are pretty good, but I need to to much better given my demographic I feel.

So, I have taken 2 CATs till now:
1. Official GMAT Preptest - 740 (V42, Q49)
2. MGMAT - 720 (V40, Q48)

Quant: I basically make a lot of silly mistakes. Any inputs on how some of you were able to overcome that? More Practice? (I have already almost finished OG and Quant Review)
Verbal: I have covered the Manhattan Material and the OG/Verbal Review. I am still struggling to improve my score higher than 40-42. What can I do?

I am just looking to improve my score to 750+, so all help/advice will be appreciated.
Congrats on getting a 740 on your very first practice test. What that shows is that you might already be capable of the 750+ that you are looking for. Continue taking tests and working on the weaknesses that you find.

A 50 on quant would really help (it'd also take some of the pressure off your verbal, as V42 is a much better score than Q49).
Math Revolution GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 16592 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi, VinayGanagi

Congratulation! You got a pretty high score on your test. And I’m glad to see that you are close to reaching your goal. To hit the score over 750, there are two ways: get Q50-51 / improve your verbal score. I don’t know which part is much easier for you to improve, so it is difficult to assure that you should work on Quant or Verbal. It depends on your decision. But, given that your quant score is around Q49, raising quant score could be easier and time-efficient.

If you constantly make mistakes on your test, I recommend you to check whether your physical condition was bad or not and whether you are suffering from test anxiety, since these are the main cause of making mistakes. However, if your problem is not rooted in these and you constantly make mistakes especially in particular section or topic, then you should keep in mind that those part could be weaknesses.

Particularly, Q50-51 is the highest score and you need to strategize. Especially, the hardest DS questions determine a score of Q51. These questions are much more time-consuming than solving the other questions, and still hard to get them correct, if you solve them in conventional ways. You can learn our unique Variable approach with ease, speed and accuracy. In our course, these hard questions are so called "CMT 3,4 (common mistake type). Refer to this article featured in GMAT Club "How to Achieve Q51" : https://gmatclub.com/forum/the-ultimate ... 09801.html

Please let us know if you have further questions.
You can reach us at info@mathrevolution.com

Success is within your reach,
Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot