Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:03 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos:
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Given Kudos:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
Re: Resume.. I am an idiot [#permalink]
If the schools had no limits (ie didn't say "1 page resume"), I don't think it's the end of the world that you submitted a 2 pager. If you're really worried about it, you could try calling and asking that a more updated one be added to your app....If you have other apps to work on, I'd focus my attention on those and move on....

PS I'm a first time applicant like you so take these suggestions however you will.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Tuck
Send PM
Wait! If I'm reading this correctly, you followed the rules right? You didn't send a 2 page resume to a school that specifically limited it to one page?

If so, you're blowing this way out of proportion!

Just because you can fit everything in one page doesn't magically make your resume better. I stuck to the one-page resume because I knew a few of the schools I was applying to limited it to one page. It was just easier than have two different resumes.

Considering the content would likely be very similar (if you went back and reduced it one page) I wouldn't worry about it at all.

The adcom isn't going to hold up your resume (2 pages), then another guys (1 page) and say "This is a easy decision!" and ding you right there!

I swear, the whole b-school application process really messes with peoples heads! (mine included!)

RF
Given Kudos:
LOL thanks everyone... I think I am just going to keep it as is. You're right, it isn't the end of the world. If an adcom's decision came down to a 1 vs 2 page resume than other aspects of my application were obviously not strong enough.

Okay I am moving on :) thanks guys!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7305 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: UCSD ($) , UCLA, USC ($), Stanford
Send PM
So, even if there are no limits imposed, you shouldn't submit a resume longer than 1 page??
Who said so? This makes no sense to me. It's like when you are looking for a job and those career consultants are advising you to stick to a 1-page resume. Absolute BS. Now that I interview candidates myself, I rarely see any decent 1-page resumes which give any even remotely clear or complete picture of the candidate's abilities or achievement.
Current Student
Send PM
jlola21 wrote:

Trust me, that's the healthiest thing.

I'm having a hell of a time letting go after I submit an app. I keep thinking "may I should have said this instead!".

It's almost like the stress increases after I submit an app because now I can't make any changes.

On the other hand, the whole experience is helping me to develop good stress-reduction techniques (i.e. beer drinking). :drunk

RF
Given Kudos:
refurb wrote:
jlola21 wrote:

Trust me, that's the healthiest thing.

I'm having a hell of a time letting go after I submit an app. I keep thinking "may I should have said this instead!".

It's almost like the stress increases after I submit an app because now I can't make any changes.

On the other hand, the whole experience is helping me to develop good stress-reduction techniques (i.e. beer drinking). :drunk

RF

ahahaha oh my goodness, tell me about it. I am with you on the good stress-reduction techniques. It is hard to let go, and then when you realize you can't do anything about it, you ask yourself - why am I stressing, but then keep stressing about it anyway. :)

I feel like I haven't seen my friends in so long! At least with 4 apps in and I'm almost done with Duke's, my life will be back to normal soon!
Current Student
Send PM
jlola21 wrote:
I feel like I haven't seen my friends in so long! At least with 4 apps in and I'm almost done with Duke's, my life will be back to normal soon!

You're lucky! I am not a very good writer and I find the whole process very taxing. I'm working on my Tuck essays for the Nov 12th R1 deadline, then will immediately start on my last two apps which are due the first week of January.

I won't be back to normal until next year!!

RF
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Schools:HBS '11
 Q50  V46
Send PM
I wouldn't worry about it. HBS for example states specifically 2 page resumes are fine and I have friends that have gotten in there with 2 pagers.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: General Management
Schools:Harvard '11
Send PM
don't worry, i know a guy who got into H/S and MIT with a 2-page resume. it's not a big deal at all.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Dont sweat it at all. I had a two pager. Its not a job application.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Concentration: Consulting
 Q49  V42
Send PM
No school will ding a qualified applicant because they submitted a two-page resume. Don't sweat it!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 155 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Management, Finance
Schools:Chicago Booth 2011
 Q50  V47
Send PM
I submitted mostly 2-page resumes to schools except for Wharton, which requires a 1-page resume. What others schools have this requirement?
Given Kudos:
sonibubu wrote:
I submitted mostly 2-page resumes to schools except for Wharton, which requires a 1-page resume. What others schools have this requirement?

For me just Duke, I believe MIT does too.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
LBS also specifically requires a 1 pager - which I created and tried to use everywhere. However, I dont think 2 pager is a big deal. Don't worry about it.
GMAT Club Bot