GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 07 Jul 2020, 21:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Retake GMAT to get off waitlist

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.41
Retake GMAT to get off waitlist  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2019, 05:46
Currently waitlisted R1 for Kellogg. My GMAT is a 730 (48Q, 42V) which is at the average, so I think this is maybe not the issue point, but is it worth retaking to raise the overall/quant? Or would doing MBAMath help?

Other than that, any other tips for getting off the waitlist? Thanks!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: HBS, Kellogg, CBS, Tuck, Yale, UVA Darden
WE: Analyst (Insurance)
Re: Retake GMAT to get off waitlist  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2019, 06:14
Assuming you put in a solid effort, I do not think retaking the GMAT would be helpful. A 730 is right at the average acceptance, so it’s not harming you in any way.

There’s also a very real possibility, you would go through the cost and energy in studying again, only to receive a 730 again (ignoring the fact you could score below 730 which also exists). Additionally, to an admissions counselor i believe a 730 is identical to a 740 when comparing applicants, and they would move on to evaluate the rest of the applicant’s experience.

The bar I would consider at your stage to warrant signing up for the official GMAT is a 30-point increase. If you did not study much for the 730, or you had an out of character score, lower than your practice tests then I could understand a retake. I wouldn’t register for the official exam until you can score two practice exams in the 760+ range, but of course that means buying material and studying full force without knowing you will take the exam. A 760 could put you in a separate candidate tier for admissions officers, compared to other applicants.

Lastly, keep in mind that your GMAT score may not be the reason at all for your waitlist decision.

HBS Moderator
D
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Retake GMAT to get off waitlist  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2019, 06:24
jjthejetplane wrote:
Currently waitlisted R1 for Kellogg. My GMAT is a 730 (48Q, 42V) which is at the average, so I think this is maybe not the issue point, but is it worth retaking to raise the overall/quant? Or would doing MBAMath help?

Other than that, any other tips for getting off the waitlist? Thanks!

Give me details of your Background, I'll let you know what can be done
Free Admissions and GMAT consulting "GMAT Club special"
No spams No bullshit; Purely FACT BASED SOCIAL SERVICE
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Retake GMAT to get off waitlist   [#permalink] 19 Dec 2019, 06:24

Retake GMAT to get off waitlist

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Lekoben, Padfoot, Priyanka1293