GMAT Changed on April 16th - Read about the latest changes here

It is currently 26 Apr 2018, 02:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Retaking GMAT on Dec 23

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Nov 2014
Posts: 13
Retaking GMAT on Dec 23 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2014, 16:09
I took the GMAT and scored 480. This is my last chance at the GMAT. I must get at least 500, though 550 would be nice. The MAcc program I am interested in requires at least 500 (and basically guaranteed admissions is what I am told). Because this is my last shot at the GMAT, there is so much pressure for me to score the 500. Upon completion of the test, watching that score report page load will be the worst part I know. Loading.. and loading.. and loading.. I must see at least 500 on that page.

I have been debating if I should use a score guaranteed course because I know I need at least 20 more points, but I want to have more of a buffer by preparing extremely well for this last attempt.

Will Magoosh be helpful?
Magoosh Discount CodesMath Revolution Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
User avatar
G
Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 4675
Re: Retaking GMAT on Dec 23 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2014, 16:52
ksc168 wrote:
I took the GMAT and scored 480. This is my last chance at the GMAT. I must get at least 500, though 550 would be nice. The MAcc program I am interested in requires at least 500 (and basically guaranteed admissions is what I am told). Because this is my last shot at the GMAT, there is so much pressure for me to score the 500. Upon completion of the test, watching that score report page load will be the worst part I know. Loading.. and loading.. and loading.. I must see at least 500 on that page.

I have been debating if I should use a score guaranteed course because I know I need at least 20 more points, but I want to have more of a buffer by preparing extremely well for this last attempt.

Will Magoosh be helpful?

Dear ksc168,
I'm happy to respond. :-)

My friend, as you probably know, Magoosh has a 50-point score guarantee:
http://gmat.magoosh.com/score-guarantee
We make that guarantee, and it's extremely rare that we actually have to pay someone, because almost everybody sees at least a 50 point increase if they use Magoosh and follow all the requirements of that guarantee.

I would recommend this study plan:
http://magoosh.com/gmat/2012/1-month-gm ... -schedule/
You will have to compress that a little, because you have only three weeks.

I would recommend our free flashcard for math:
https://gmat.magoosh.com/flashcards/math/
and for idioms:
https://gmat.magoosh.com/flashcards/idioms

I would also recommend this blog:
https://magoosh.com/gmat/2014/gmat-stud ... 0-or-more/
I know you are not reaching for a score that high, but many of the habits of excellence discussed in that article can help you to make the increase you want to make.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Mike :-)
_________________

Mike McGarry
Magoosh Test Prep

Image

Image

Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire. — William Butler Yeats (1865 – 1939)

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Nov 2014
Posts: 13
Re: Retaking GMAT on Dec 23 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2014, 17:07
Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I've actually went ahead and purchased the Magoosh Premium for $99.

Do you think I will need the Official Guide by GMAC to supplement my studying for the remaining 3 weeks? Or do you think purely completing all the content from Magoosh will be sufficient?

I don't want to be overwhelmed with so much study material. I just want a 500 :'(
Expert Post
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
User avatar
G
Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 4675
Re: Retaking GMAT on Dec 23 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2014, 20:59
ksc168 wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I've actually went ahead and purchased the Magoosh Premium for $99.

Do you think I will need the Official Guide by GMAC to supplement my studying for the remaining 3 weeks? Or do you think purely completing all the content from Magoosh will be sufficient?

I don't want to be overwhelmed with so much study material. I just want a 500 :'(

Dear ksc168,
Yes, I definitely would recommend getting the OG. Even if you only do some of those questions, they are the highest quality questions, so understanding those standards is absolutely crucial for success on the test.

Remember, now that you're a Magoosh member, you can find a great deal of help inside Magoosh, and you can ask questions by pressing the "HELP" button on any internal Magoosh page!

Good luck!
Mike :-)
_________________

Mike McGarry
Magoosh Test Prep

Image

Image

Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire. — William Butler Yeats (1865 – 1939)

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Nov 2014
Posts: 13
Retaking GMAT on Dec 23 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2014, 09:27
Hi Mike,

After watching a few videos, they are very informative, but I don't think I will have the time to watch all the lesson videos AND practice problems before my GMAT exam on December 23. I am also studying for college final exams.

I think my best bet will be to practice problems from the OG 2015. (BTW - Are practice problems from OG 2015 real GMAT exam questions?)

Do you think it would be wise to practice the Magoosh problems and watch those explanation videos or not?

Would it still be possible to get a refund from Magoosh?

All help appreciated, just looking for safest way to get a score of 500!

Thank you.
Expert Post
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
User avatar
G
Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 4675
Re: Retaking GMAT on Dec 23 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2014, 11:08
ksc168 wrote:
Hi Mike,

After watching a few videos, they are very informative, but I don't think I will have the time to watch all the lesson videos AND practice problems before my GMAT exam on December 23. I am also studying for college final exams.

I think my best bet will be to practice problems from the OG 2015. (BTW - Are practice problems from OG 2015 real GMAT exam questions?)

Do you think it would be wise to practice the Magoosh problems and watch those explanation videos or not?

Would it still be possible to get a refund from Magoosh?

All help appreciated, just looking for safest way to get a score of 500!

Thank you.

My friend, this is not really the best place to get personal feedback on your Magoosh experience, about how should use the product, whether you qualify for a refund, etc. Please log into Magoosh, and send your questions by pressing the "HELP" button on any internal Magoosh page.
Does this make sense?
Mike :-)
_________________

Mike McGarry
Magoosh Test Prep

Image

Image

Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire. — William Butler Yeats (1865 – 1939)

Re: Retaking GMAT on Dec 23   [#permalink] 08 Dec 2014, 11:08
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Retaking GMAT on Dec 23

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: mikemcgarry



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.