GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 05 Jul 2020, 19:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Reviews of Schulich India MBA

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
Reviews of Schulich India MBA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2020, 23:39
Hey guys,

Can someone help me with the below queries please?

1. How is Schulich India MBA (One year in India , one in Toronto )?
2. What different is it from the actual full time MBA from Toronto? Does Schulich write it on the official degrees if i have done it from India/Canada?
3. Is there absolutely any cons of India MBA except the obvious, less exposure.
4. With 5 yrs of relevant work experience and a 610 GMAT, what are my prospects of getting in Schulich India program? ( I know its not good enough for Toronto )

With 31st Jan the deadline for 2nd round, any quick inputs would immensely help

Thanks in advance

Sambhav
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Reviews of Schulich India MBA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2020, 03:37
Sam10smart wrote:
Hey guys,

2. What different is it from the actual full time MBA from Toronto? Does Schulich write it on the official degrees if i have done it from India/Canada?
4. With 5 yrs of relevant work experience and a 610 GMAT, what are my prospects of getting in Schulich India program? ( I know its not good enough for Toronto )

Thanks in advance

Sambhav

Hello Sambhav,
Just giving my inputs from the info I got by speaking with the current students. None of it has been verified with the campus.
1. I've heard its really good since you get to stay for some time in India. The fee is less, and there's better student-faculty understanding
2. Nothing different in terms of curriculum/faculty. No, Schulich doesn't mention anything about India in the degree.
3. There are a few cons. Unlike in Toronto, here a particular subject stretches for 2-3 weeks since the prof will fly in from Toronto and stay here only for some time. Also, clubs wise, it's not that great. As you said, exposure is not great. But you will have good exposure to the Indian market.
4. Well, as you might have known by now, it's not just GMAT that matters. You can always see people with very less GMAT getting into some of the best colleges. I would say if your overall profile is strong, your GMAT shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
Re: Reviews of Schulich India MBA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2020, 21:18
sirisr wrote:
Sam10smart wrote:
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance

Sambhav

Hello Sambhav,
Just giving my inputs from the info I got by speaking with the current students. None of it has been verified with the campus.
1. I've heard its really good since you get to stay for some time in India. The fee is less, and there's better student-faculty understanding
2. Nothing different in terms of curriculum/faculty. No, Schulich doesn't mention anything about India in the degree.
3. There are a few cons. Unlike in Toronto, here a particular subject stretches for 2-3 weeks since the prof will fly in from Toronto and stay here only for some time. Also, clubs wise, it's not that great. As you said, exposure is not great. But you will have good exposure to the Indian market.
4. Well, as you might have known by now, it's not just GMAT that matters. You can always see people with very less GMAT getting into some of the best colleges. I would say if your overall profile is strong, your GMAT shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks.

Hey Thanks for your input.

I also wanted to chose the Toronto 2 year but my GMAT score is on the lower side. Is it true that their Indian Mba accepts lower GMAT? I have a 610 with 5 yrs work x.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Reviews of Schulich India MBA   [#permalink] 22 Jan 2020, 21:18

Reviews of Schulich India MBA

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: pushpitkc