Summer is Coming! Join the Game of Timers Competition to Win Epic Prizes. Registration is Open. Game starts Mon July 1st.

It is currently 17 Jul 2019, 07:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Ron Purewal (formerly of Manhattan GMAT) Claims a Perfect 800 GMAT!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Director
Director
P
Affiliations: AB, cum laude, Harvard University (Class of '02)
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GRE 1: Q168 V169
WE: Education (Education)
Ron Purewal (formerly of Manhattan GMAT) Claims a Perfect 800 GMAT!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 19 Mar 2019, 22:19
Top Contributor
So I have some VERY exciting news to share, via SarahPurewal!

Drum roll please... :-)

On Friday, May 18th, 2018, according to his wife Sarah, the legendary RonPurewal earned a 51Q/51V/8IR perfect 800 composite score on the new, shorter GMAT, with all 67 counted questions correct.

I am in possession of a PDF of his full ESR, but it is not mine to share, so I am going to leave that up to him, as well as the actual debrief if Ron so chooses to write one, but I'm going to go ahead and say that it appears to be legit (though I would also urge Ron to confirm his score through GMAT Club in order to make it official (once a score is confirmed, you will see a green checkmark to the right of his score on the bottom left of his profile in desktop mode--see mine for reference). This would make him (MartyMurray got there first by a few weeks) only the second person on this forum with a verified perfect 800 GMAT score.

Congrats RonPurewal, and best of luck to you in leaving Manhattan and venturing out on your own.

-Brian

EDIT: 1/13/19: 9 months later, Ron still has not verified his GMAT score on GMAT Club and I have to admit that this worries me. Until he chooses to verify his scores (he still has about 4 years left before his scores would expire), I can no longer vouch for his 800 GMAT score as legitimate.

One of the only known humans to have taken the GMAT 5 times and scored in the 700s every time (700, 710, 730, 750, 770), including verified section scores of Q50 / V47, as well as personal bests of 8/8 IR (2 times), 6/6 AWA (4 times), 50/51Q and 48/51V.

You can download my official test-taker score report (all scores within the last 5 years) directly from the Pearson Vue website: https://tinyurl.com/y7knw7bt Date of Birth: 09 December 1979.

GMAT Action Plan and Free E-Book - McElroy Tutoring

Contact: mcelroy@post.harvard.edu (I do not respond to PMs on GMAT Club.)

...or find me on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/GMATpreparation

Originally posted by mcelroytutoring on 23 May 2018, 18:03.
Last edited by mcelroytutoring on 19 Mar 2019, 22:19, edited 21 times in total.
VP
VP
P
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31
Re: Ron Purewal (formerly of Manhattan GMAT) Claims a Perfect 800 GMAT!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 May 2018, 08:46
Hearty congratulations to Ron! Anything less than 800 would not have done justice to Ron's astounding legacy:).

Hope you will be able to edit your post in few days to add the AWA score of 6;).

Sentence Correction Nirvana available on Amazon.in and Flipkart

Now! Preview the entire Grammar Section of Sentence Correction Nirvana at pothi.com
Manager
Manager
P
GPA: 3.57
Reviews Badge
Re: Ron Purewal (formerly of Manhattan GMAT) Claims a Perfect 800 GMAT!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 May 2018, 09:17
mcelroytutoring wrote:
So I have some VERY exciting news to share, via SarahPurewal!

Drum roll please... :-)

On Friday, May 18th, 2018, RonPurewal earned a 51Q/51V/8IR perfect 800 composite score on the new, shorter GMAT, with all 67 counted questions correct.

I am in possession of a PDF of his full ESR, but it is not mine to share, so I am going to leave that up to him, as well as the actual debrief if Ron so chooses to write one, but I'm going to go ahead and confirm that it's legit (though I would also urge him to confirm his score through GMAT Club). This would make him (MartyMurray got there first by a few weeks) only the second person on this forum with a verified perfect 800 GMAT score.

Congrats RonPurewal, and best of luck to you in leaving Manhattan and venturing out on your own.

-Brian

Many congratulations RonPurewal for the amazing score, not that it comes as a surprise! I have always been amazed at the precision with which he approaches questions and the kind of caveats he is able to locate in both quant and verbal questions alike.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 28 May 2018, 10:43
You can download a PDF of Ron's ESR on the website: https://www.ronpurewal.com/scores/

Also, Ron took the GRE today and got a 340 :cool:

EDIT:

EducationAisle wrote:
Hope you will be able to edit your post in few days to add the AWA score of 6;).

He got a 6.0 on the AWA.

Finally, for anyone who is wondering: If you cancel an 800, you will still get banned from the test for five years. Ron is probably the only person who's ever tried to cancel an 800 :lol:

married to ron

Originally posted by SarahPurewal on 24 May 2018, 22:56.
Last edited by SarahPurewal on 28 May 2018, 10:43, edited 1 time in total.
Director
Director
P
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 09 Aug 2018, 03:32
Congratulations!! RonPurewal

Absolute Beast!! Totally a big fan of your study hall videos, would love to see you interact more on the forums & share your gems of wisdom.

I highly recommend Ron's Manhattan GMAT Study hall videos to anyone who is struggling to tame the GMAT.

Regards,
GyM

Originally posted by GyMrAT on 25 May 2018, 11:22.
Last edited by GyMrAT on 09 Aug 2018, 03:32, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
V
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Jun 2018, 06:50
Congratulations, Ron. Indeed a true legend. I've been following Ron's methods and teachings since the very initial days of my GMAT preparation. Thank you for sharing, Brian.

Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes
Manager
Manager
G
Affiliations: Senior Manager, CA by profession, CFA(USA) Level 2
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 560 Q44 V21
GPA: 3.82
WE: Other (Commercial Banking)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2018, 05:03
Hearty congratulations RonPurewal sir
Your Manhattan videos of Thursdays with Ron are simply amazing :-)
I would recommend the videos of Thursdays with Ron to anyone who is struggling in GMAT
Would like to connect with you sir more on the forum
Thanks SarahPurewal mam for sharing :-)

I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed--Michael Jordan
Kudos drives a person to better himself every single time. So Pls give it generously
Wont give up till i hit a 700+
Director
Director
P

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2018, 07:37
Top Contributor
Now all Ron needs to do is get around to verifying his scores--GMAT scores are valid for 5 years after the test date.

-Brian

One of the only known humans to have taken the GMAT 5 times and scored in the 700s every time (700, 710, 730, 750, 770), including verified section scores of Q50 / V47, as well as personal bests of 8/8 IR (2 times), 6/6 AWA (4 times), 50/51Q and 48/51V.

You can download my official test-taker score report (all scores within the last 5 years) directly from the Pearson Vue website: https://tinyurl.com/y7knw7bt Date of Birth: 09 December 1979.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2018, 10:12
Congrats to Ron, but how the heck were his verbal questions of lower difficulty than mine when I only scored a V38? Not doubting the validity of the ESR, but I would've thought that the test would've ramped up the difficulty significantly after so many correct responses. Is it possible to do so well that you break the test??
Director
Director
V

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2018, 04:34
SarahPurewal wrote:
You can download a PDF of Ron's ESR on the website: https://www.ronpurewal.com/scores/

Also, Ron took the GRE today and got a 340 :cool:

EDIT:

EducationAisle wrote:

He got a 6.0 on the AWA.

Finally, for anyone who is wondering: If you cancel an 800, you will still get banned from the test for five years. Ron is probably the only person who's ever tried to cancel an 800 :lol:

Hey!! Congratulations to both of you :)

I am a big fan of Ron!! Could you please request Ron to start "Thursdays with Ron" once again in his own Banner :)

Thanks a ton!!

Amazing Person!!

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me"
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2019, 10:57
Ron O Ron.....My GMAT deity. You deserve nothing less, absolutely nothing less. Your selfless, selfless work is truly astonishing. Putting up those videos for free has definitely lost a lot of test prep companies at least little amount of money.

CAMANISHPARMAR not sure if he can add anything else to those GEMs of videos already present.

I think the only way to improve those videos is to have a Non-Native speaker speak those videos(word for word off course).I have heard that a few non-natives are finding those videos difficult to understand(myself included, initially at least).

Whatever but.WHAT A GUY!!!!!!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GRE 1: Q162 V149
GPA: 3.6
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2019, 21:20
Director
Director
P
Ron Purewal (formerly of Manhattan GMAT) Claims a Perfect 800 GMAT!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 19 Mar 2019, 22:25
Top Contributor
Quote:

Yes, but why is he avoiding verifying his score on GMAT Club after almost a year, when he already has a popular profile, is active on the site and verifying takes 2 minutes? Something smells fishy.

Until I see the green checkmark below his GMAT club profile and to the right of his claimed perfect 800 score (on desktop), I'm skeptical.

Read #6 on this list:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/7-important- ... 51074.html

-Brian

Originally posted by mcelroytutoring on 19 Mar 2019, 22:11.
Last edited by mcelroytutoring on 19 Mar 2019, 22:25, edited 4 times in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GRE 1: Q162 V149
GPA: 3.6
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2019, 22:16
mcelroytutoring wrote:
Quote:

Yes, but why is he avoiding verifying his score on GMAT Club after almost a year? Something smells fishy.

Until I see the green checkmark below his GMAT club profile (on desktop), I'm skeptical.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/7-important- ... 51074.html

-Brian

Ohh...got it. I thought the esr was the only missing link here. Will let him verify his score on gmatclub to have the authenticity then.

Posted from my mobile device
P

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 12 Jun 2019, 19:44
Top Contributor
Yeah, tbh I'm a bit worried that he pulled one over on me and faked his ESR using some kind of fancy computer software, then sent it to me (via his wife) knowing that I would be too excited not to post the full ESR, or at least a screenshot, to GMATClub.

Ron, if you're out there: feel free to prove me wrong. I've given you the benefit of the doubt for nearly a year...and I really WANT to think that you got a perfect 800 with every question correct, as you claim. Yet as each day passes without GMAT Club score verification I grow more and more unsure.

You've still got about 4 more years to finally verify your claimed perfect 800 score, if you want me (and your rapidly growing group of skeptics) to actually believe it: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20230518T00&p0=137&ud=1&font=cursive&csz=1

Originally posted by mcelroytutoring on 19 Mar 2019, 22:22.
Last edited by mcelroytutoring on 12 Jun 2019, 19:44, edited 5 times in total.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2019, 06:16
It would be really risky for someone to fake an 800 as somebody advertising that fact as part of their tutoring services pitch. That would be false advertising and, while IANAL, there could be legal repercussions involved with that.

That being said, I do hope he verifies his score because it doesn’t take much effort.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
G
Schools: HBS '21
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V32
GRE 1: Q168 V164

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2019, 23:09
It will be good for RonPurewal to verify his scores on gmatclub. The verification does not take more than five minutes to do.
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2019, 01:32
mcelroytutoring wrote:
Yeah, tbh I'm a bit worried that he pulled one over on me and faked his ESR using some kind of fancy computer software, then sent it to me (via his wife) knowing that I would be too excited not to post the full ESR, or at least a screenshot, to GMATClub.

Ron, if you're out there: feel free to prove me wrong. I've given you the benefit of the doubt for nearly a year...and I really WANT to think that you got a perfect 800 with every question correct, as you claim. Yet as each day passes without GMAT Club score verification I grow more and more unsure.

I haven't been on these forums for a while, but one of Ron's students sent me a link to this thread and a few others. So much drama! First of all, Brian, the link I sent you to Ron's ESR was actually the link directly from GMAC's website. So it's definitely flattering that you think Ron is so good at computers that he can pull off something like that. Unfortunately, he is not. But I'll let him know you think he's a computer genius.

But since y'all are obsessing over this, I went ahead and asked Ron why he hasn't verified his score. He says: (1) He doesn't see the point, because it doesn't really matter that much (especially as a tutor -- getting an 800 doesn't automatically make you better at teaching the test), and (2) at this point he's definitely not going to verify his score because this isn't junior high and he doesn't feel like he has to prove anything to anyone. If you don't believe he got an 800, fine. If you do believe it, fine. He honestly doesn't care. He's made many posts on other forums in the past, and there are plenty of free videos that demonstrate his teaching online, so you are free to check those out and see what you think.

married to ron
Manager
Manager
G
Schools: HBS '21
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V32
GRE 1: Q168 V164

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2019, 11:08
SarahPurewal wrote:
mcelroytutoring wrote:

I haven't been on these forums for a while, but one of Ron's students sent me a link to this thread and a few others. So much drama! First of all, Brian, the link I sent you to Ron's ESR was actually the link directly from GMAC's website. So it's definitely flattering that you think Ron is so good at computers that he can pull off something like that. Unfortunately, he is not. But I'll let him know you think he's a computer genius.

But since y'all are obsessing over this, I went ahead and asked Ron why he hasn't verified his score. He says: (1) He doesn't see the point, because it doesn't really matter that much (especially as a tutor -- getting an 800 doesn't automatically make you better at teaching the test), and (2) at this point he's definitely not going to verify his score because this isn't junior high and he doesn't feel like he has to prove anything to anyone. If you don't believe he got an 800, fine. If you do believe it, fine. He honestly doesn't care. He's made many posts on other forums in the past, and there are plenty of free videos that demonstrate his teaching online, so you are free to check those out and see what you think.

There is NO good reason Ron should said he will not verify his scores. I am very skeptical of Ron Purewal claim of having perfect scores in GMAT and other standardized tests.

Ron Purewal has claimed perfect scores on different occasions on SAT, ACT, GRE, GMAT, LSAT and GRE Mathematics Subject tests. He has claimed to achieve perfect scores on about 20 testings. If Ron Purewal is not lying, he should verify his GMAT and his GRE scores on gmatclub. Until Ron verify his scores on gmatclub, I believe he is probably lying and engaging in false advertising. It will not take Ron more than 5 minutes to verify his scores on gmatclub. Ron Purewal can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but he cannot fool all the people all the time. SarahPurewal RonPurewal mcelroytutoring
P

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 24 Jun 2019, 00:15
Top Contributor
It's true that no student on this forum should feel obligated to verify his/her GMAT scores due to public pressure, but with that decision not to verify comes a deserved degree of skepticism when that person professes expertise on the GMAT--especially when that person attempts to profit financially from said expertise.

In particular, a GMAT tutor who is publicly claiming a perfect 800 score (with all 67 counted questions correct!) is a whole different story. I gave him the benefit of the doubt for the first year or so. Now, I've changed my tune, and it's clear that others have, too, and that his list of skeptics grows by the day until we see real proof of his scores, like so many others have provided. Yet Mr. Purewal stands firm in his highly curious resistance to verifying his GMAT score, after more than 365 days have passed since his exam.

Do I think that Ron is a computer genius? No--at this point I doubt that he's a genius at anything other than deception. However, I think that faking a perfect 800 GMAT ESR would be easy enough for the right person, and that you could easily hire someone to do so if you couldn't figure out how to do it yourself.

Also, having your wife speak for you on this very important issue is not exactly a power move, nor does it inspire confidence in your claims.

For any of you out there who still believe Ron's story: I've got a bridge in Brooklyn that I'd like to sell you.

-Brian

Originally posted by mcelroytutoring on 12 Jun 2019, 19:55.
Last edited by mcelroytutoring on 24 Jun 2019, 00:15, edited 5 times in total.
GMAT Club Bot
Ron Purewal (formerly of Manhattan GMAT) Claims a Perfect 800 GMAT!   [#permalink] 12 Jun 2019, 19:55

Go to page    1   2    Next  [ 24 posts ] 

Ron Purewal (formerly of Manhattan GMAT) Claims a Perfect 800 GMAT!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics