GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video
GMAT Club
It is currently 12 Apr 2021, 18:11

featured
program
FINAL DECISION
SORT BY
Most helpful
SORT BY Interview date
Recent interviewed
SORT BY Post date
Recent posted
Debrief posted on  Feb 12 2021 [#permalink] Ross Michigan, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with current Student Interviewed on: Feb 12 2021 Final Decision: Interviewed

"My interview was taken by a current second-year student with the same undergrad major as mine. My interviewer was 5-7 minutes late as he had some technical glitch at his end. The interviewer was super friendly and made me comfortable by chatting generally about the weather in Michigan and what was he up to during the week. He then gave a detailed introduction about himself and dived into the interview: - Tell me about yourself - How does an MBA fit into the picture? - Why an MBA now? - Why Ross? - Tell me about a time: - when suddenly things changed on a project - when you coached or mentored peer(s), basically someone who you didn't have any authority over - when you adapted to a different situation - when you worked with people from different background/upbringing and you had a difference in opinion - Any questions for me? He acknowledged my answers but did not cross-question any one of them. In the end, we talked about MAP, life in Ann Arbor, and photography. Our interview went on for ~50 minutes and overall it was a great experience! Please feel free to reach out to me in case of any questions."

s283 from India GMAT 720; WE: 48 months; Consumer Products
0 out of 0 people found this Debrief helpful.

Was this Debrief helpful for you?

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 13 2021 [#permalink] Ross Michigan, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 12 2021

"My interviewer was very friendly. My interview felt as if he's my mentor trying to get to know me better. It's a testament to how great the Ross community is! Questions: Why MBA? Why Ross? Tell me a time when you came up with some innovative solution to a problem. Tell me a time when you challenged the status quo. How do you motivate people? Tell me a time when you received a critical/harsh feedback and how you responded to it. [what caught me off guard a bit] What would you want to change in the world? Why? Hope this helps! Let me know if there are any questions! :)"

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 09 2021 [#permalink] Ross Michigan, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 09 2021 Final Decision: Waitlisted with Interview

"Virtual interview with Alumni. The interviewer seemed to be busy as this was in the middle of the work day. We began 10 minutes after the scheduled time and dived straight into the questions. 1.) Walk me through your resume (Surprisingly very little follow-up on my resume/education) 2.) Why MBA + Why Ross ? (He asked why MBA first and after I answered he asked me some follow-up questions which eventually led us to why Ross) 3.) Some follow up questions on the industry I want to go in following my MBA and why an MBA is the best option to make the transition 4.) Tell me about a time you had to adapt to a situation? (Answered once but he asked for another example, after giving him 2 examples he also asked for a personal situation where I had to do this) 5.) Tell me about a time you had to convince someone a.) Superior b.) Peer c.) Junior (Again asked for a personal example)? 6.) Tell me about a time you hit rock-bottom/failed? 7.) Tell me about a time you worked in a global setting? The interviewer was friendly and tried his best to put me at ease. He did not seem to be very chatty though (maybe because he was busy). He took detailed notes. One take away from me would be to not focus only on professional stories for the behavioral questions, my interviewer pressed me for personal examples."

mbacat007 from India WE: 36 months; Investment Banking

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 09 2021 [#permalink] Ross Michigan, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 09 2021 Final Decision: Interviewed

"Duration: 55 mins Questions asked: Why MBA? Why Ross? Why now? Tell me about a situation when - you received harsh feedback from your manager - you were on a project whose scope drastically changed - you witnessed cultural differences with someone There were also a few questions specific to my profile, short-term goal, and long-term goal. Overall, the interviewer was really sweet and had a similar background to mine so he made me feel at ease. Please feel free to PM me, if I can help out any other prospective candidate giving interviews this week or next. Happy to do a mock as well. Best of luck to you all! Hopefully it turns out for the best for each one of us."

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 04 2021 [#permalink] Ross Michigan, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Alumni Interviewed on: Feb 04 2021

"Lasted for 1 hr 15 mins. The interviewer took detailed notes. Questions: - TMAY - Cross questions during TMAY on work ex - Why MBA? - Why Ross? - Tell me of a time when you had to adapt to a situation a. Professionally b. Outside work - Tell me of a time when you had to influence a a. Superior b. Junior c. Peer + Learnings - Tell me of a time when you fell apart + Learnings - Any cross-cultural experience?"

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 740; WE: 55 months; Investment Banking

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 03 2021 [#permalink] Ross Michigan, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 01 2021 Final Decision: Interviewed

"1. Introduce yourself. Walk me through your resume. 2. Why Ross? Why an MBA? Why now? 3. Tell me about a time when you didn't like leadership's direction? What did you do? 4. Tell me about a time when you had to make a quick decision? What were the results? 5. If you could change one thing with the world what would it be? 6. Questions for me? Interview was a MBA2 current student. Super nice! Very conversational. If anything else, as long as you know your background inside and out, know a few powerful stories with numerical results, use the STAR method, and know why Ross specifically you will be all set. Lasted 40 minutes. Also, it helps to research your interviewer and get to know them for catered questions at the end. They will be impressed. Only thing interviewer sees is your resume; they have not seen your app. Ross will release decisions on 3/17 I believe. Good luck to all!"

GranTurismo from United States WE: 72 months;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Oct 29 2020 [#permalink] Ross Michigan, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Oct 29 2020 Final Decision: Denied with Interview

"I just had a virtual interview with an Alumni with the same time zone as me. It was very casual and conversational. Lasted around 50 minutes. Also, the interviewer asked me to show my ID card, said it was a protocol from the university. I was asked the following questions: 1. Why did you choose your undergraduate major? 2. Why did you choose your current job? 3. How do your coworkers and managers describe you? 4. Tell me about a time when you handle cultural differences? 5. Tell me about a time when you were challenged? 6. If you took your supervisor's role, what would you change? 7. Why MBA? 8. Why Ross? 9. Contribution to Ross? 10. If you were an animal? What are you and why? I really enjoyed my interview, the interviewer was friendly, although I spent a considerable amount of time to answer each question. Good luck all!"

This user wants to stay Private from Indonesia

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Oct 26 2020 [#permalink] Ross Michigan, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Oct 26 2020 Final Decision: Waitlisted with Interview

"I interviewed for R1 with an MBA2 (female from my country and same undergrad major) The interview started with she giving her introduction and explaining the interview format. Q. Introduce yourself. (I talked about my undergrad and work ex) It continued as a conversation with she asking details about my work, my company(its a startup co-founded by me), why I decided to leave job and start a company, how did the process go from deciding to founding the company, what exactly is our offering, etc etc Q. What are your short term and long term goals and how will an MBA fit into it? Q. Why Ross? Q. Starting and working on your own startup must have involved learning from your own mistakes? Tell about one of the mistakes you made and how did you overcome it. Q. Tell about an experience where you worked with people from different backgrounds. (one or two cross question in it on how i dealt with people and how would I translate that experience at my future workplace) Q. Any questions you would like to ask? I was more nervous than usual in this interview and I think I was lacking structure in my answers so the interviewer asked multiple questions in each to direct my responses to where she was intending. It went for 55minutes. ~5 min introductions. ~30 min about work ex. ~15 min behavioural questions. ~5 min my questions."

Abhimanyu14 from India GMAT 730; WE: 85 months;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Oct 24 2020 [#permalink] Ross Michigan, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Alumni Interviewed on: Oct 24 2020

"The interview lasted about 50 minutes and was more like a conversation. The interviewer was realy friendly. Here is a list of the questions i was asked. 1. Walkthrough Resume 2. Problem of working with foreigner 3. Time when you failed at work 4. Time when you got stressed 5. Time when you convince people to work the project you led 6. Time when people didn’t pull their weight. 7. Why MBA 8. Why Ross Other - The interviewer asked many probing questions about my resume. - She didn’t asked the questions directly. They came with conversation. Good luck everyone!"

Mashimoroiiz WE: 92 months; Real Estate

yes
no
Skype Interviewed on: Oct 24 2020

"Pretty standard. Listing out the questions in no particular order: 1. Why MBA 2. Why now 3. Why XYXY field? What drew you to it? 4. Example of when you've: - faced a challenge - worked in a difficult team - had to convince someone senior about a project - worked with someone who did not want to work with you on a project - had to go out of your comfort zone - worked in a global setting 5. How do you intend to build your network at the school? 6. Have you spoken to any alums / current students? 7. Can you elaborate a bit more about your XYXY extra curricular, why have you stuck with it for so long? 8. If you could change one thing in the world, what would it be? Last one definitely caught me off guard. They're not expecting an amazing answer - just that you'll be able to hold your own and not fumble too much. Alum was very friendly, graduated many years ago but was very up-to-date with the school and its offerings. Lasted about 1h10m."

This user wants to stay Private from India WE: 52 months; Consulting

yes
no
Off Campus with Alumni Interviewed on: Oct 22 2020 Final Decision: Interviewed

"The interview lasted 1h30m and was a conversation, mainly after he finishes the regular questions. 1. Tell me about yourself. 2. Why MBA? Why Ross? 3. ST/LT goals. 4. Tell me about a project that you were leading that changed suddenly. 5. Tell me about an unpopular decision that you have made. 6. Tell me about a time you corrected/helped your manager. 7. Tell me about a tough feedback you received. 8. What would you change in the world if you could? 9. Do you want to tell something about yourself not addressed in the previous questions? The interviewer seemed to be very interested, since I have a non-traditional background. These questions took 45 minutes, and the next 45 minutes were just conversation about the school! Good luck to everyone!"

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Oct 23 2020 [#permalink] Ross Michigan, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Alumni Interviewed on: Oct 22 2020 Final Decision: Waitlisted with Interview

"I had a zoom interview with an Alumni based in my home country. It was a blind interview that lasted around 40 minutes, and it was very conversational. I was asked the following questions: 1. Tell me about yourself. 2. Walk me through a regular day in your job? 2. Why MBA?. 3. Why Ross? 4. What will you offer to the program? 5. Tell me about a time when you led a team? 6. Tell me about a time you mentored someone. 7. Tell me a time when you worked with people from different cultural backgrounds. Overall, I enjoyed the interview. And since my interviewer was a Tauber fellow, we spend some time after the interview talking about the institute and its benefits. Edit: Today(6/11) I had my interview for the Tauber Institute. I was asked only three questions: 1. Talk to me about your professional experience. 2. Why Tauber? 3. Share an experience working in a diverse team. Hope this helps everyone interested in Tauber. Good luck to everyone!."

mescobe from Peru GMAT 720; WE: 66 months; Commercial Banking

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Apr 23 2020 [#permalink] Ross Michigan, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Apr 23 2020

"I had my online interview with an MBA2 via Bluejeans. It was very laid back and conversational. All the anxiety I was feling before the interview turned out to be unnecessary. My interviewer started by telling me how the interview would go. Then he talked about his background and what he has been involved with at Ross. I was asked the following questions - Why MBA, Why now and Career goals- These came as one question - Why Ross - Tell me about a time you had to work on a project you had no prior knowledge of - Tell me about a time you went above and beyond your role - Tell me about a time you were unable to reach a goal - Tell me about a leadership experience you had Generally it was a pleasant experience and I am very positive"

Chyko from Nigeria GMAT 710;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Apr 14 2020 [#permalink] Ross Michigan, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with current Student Interviewed on: Apr 14 2020 Final Decision: Interviewed

"I had my online interview with MBA2 on BlueJeans. My interviewer's screen went blank twice, but it got reconnected automatically in 1-2 mins. We started off discussing coronavirus situations at both places. Then he introduced himself, his background and where he is going to go after his MBA. He made it clear that he has a set of questions for me and he'll give around ten minutes for any questions that I have. Got the following questions 1. Why do you want an MBA? (No Tell me about yourself. But I tried to briefly explain to him how my past experience is related to my MBA goals) 2. Why are you particularly interested in Ross? Spent around 15 min for these two questions. He then said he has some behavioural questions, to check how I learnt from my experiences. 1. Time you had to work on a project with no resources or prior knowledge about it. 2. Time you received tough feedback. 3. Time you made a mistake. 4. Time your idea got developed because of your leadership skills. Had a lot of followup questions. Finally, I asked about his reasons for choosing Ross, international exposure at Ross and any tips for me. Overall, very relaxed and conversational interview. Fingers crossed. Good Luck."

btharun2008 from India GMAT 740; WE: 96 months; Manufacturing

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 11 2020 [#permalink] Ross Michigan, Full Time MBA
On Campus Interviewed on: Feb 10 2020 Final Decision: Admitted

"I had my interview on campus with an MBA2 on Feb 10, 2020. It was a blind interview. It lasted a little over 35 minutes. I was asked the following questions: 1) Tell me about yourself and why you need an MBA. (This was really more like 3 questions: walk through resume, short-term goals, and why MBA? So, this ended up taking about 10 minutes as my response turned into conversation.) 2) Why Ross? (Took about 5 mins.) *At this point, the interviewer said he would ask exactly 4 behavioral questions. 3) Tell me about a time when you were given a project that you had no prior knowledge of. 4) Tell me about a time you made a mistake. 5) Tell me about a time you coached or mentored someone. 6) Tell me about a time you received difficult feedback. At this point, we had 13 minutes left out of the scheduled 40 minutes. The interviewer asked if I had any questions. I asked a couple of questions and we conversed for about 10 minutes and ended the interview. The interviewer was taking a lot of notes throughout but was definitely listening well and made sure to keep the interview conversational. Good luck!"

s1lntz from Canada GMAT 750; WE: 80 months; Computer Software

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 05 2020 [#permalink] Ross Michigan, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 05 2020 Final Decision: Waitlisted with Interview

"I was interviewed by an MBA2. It was a blind interview. The interview was very warm and more like an informal conversation. 1. Walk me through your resume in 2 minutes 2. Why MBA 3. ST and LT goals 4. Why Ross 5. Tell me a time when you were given a project that you had no prior knowledge of and how did you go about it 6. Tell me a time when you had to work with people of different culture/maturity/nature and what were your learnings 7. Tell me a time when you had to coach your reports and how did you accomplish it 8. Tell me a time when you had to coach your manager and how did you accomplish it 9. Tell me a time when your project timeline was delayed from the promised one and how did you handle it 10. Are there any apprehensions/hesitations about Ross 11. What do you hope to gain the most from Ross MBA Good luck!"

Karthik3108 from India GMAT 740; WE: 60 months; Consulting

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jan 21 2020 [#permalink] Ross Michigan, Weekend MBA Program
On Campus Interviewed on: Jan 07 2020 Final Decision: Matriculating

"Physical space: You'll wait by the front desk waiting area. Your interviewer will call you up, you'll walk past front desk, and into a study room to the side of a center cubicle space. Interview: Blind, interviewer (Patti Russo), had only my resume in front of her. She had penciled in some notes in the corner, the only thing I could catch was my GMAT score. She reference my GMAT and GPA as no source of concern near the end of the interview. At this point, I've forgotten some of the questions, but I wrote these notes from a few weeks back: 1. Why MBA? 2. Why Ross? 3. What does prod management mean to you? 4. What will you offer to the program? 5. Is your current role as an Area Director operations or programming? 6. Two concerns 1. You’re going to be a different type of MBA student as a non-profit person. You might feel like a fish out of water and unable to contribute. What will you do to mitigate barriers you contribute? 2. Students sometimes mistake Career Services as a place to just choose whatever job you want and Career Services will help you get it. What kinds of efforts will you take to increase your chances of making the career pivot you'd like to make? Patti asked me what questions I had. I asked: 1. Based off of our conversation, do you have any advice for what kind of clubs or centers that I should investigate to further my career goals?"

exc59 from United States GMAT 680; WE: 126 months; Non-Profit and Government

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jan 17 2020 [#permalink] Ross Michigan, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 20 2019 Final Decision: Deferred to Next Year

"I chose to interview via Skype with an MBA2 (that is, a second-year student), and after a little trouble with rescheduling, I finally completed the interview today. The interviewer quickly walked me through the planned flow of our conversation and mentioned that even though she would be taking notes and so may not be maintaining eye-contact at all times, I should be assured that she'll be listening to me. (a very thoughtful and kind gesture, IMO). Before starting the interview, she introduced herself and spoken for ~5 minutes about why she decided to come to Ross and her first-year experiences. In terms of the actual questions, I think it was a pretty standard MBA question set: - Tell me about yourself. - Why do you want to do an MBA? (I included my ST and LT goals in this response) - Why Ross? - Tell me about a time you failed. (She didn't specifically mention what I learned, but I spoke about that and emphasized that aspect. She could resonate with the example and learnings because she also came from an advertising background.) - Tell me about a time you had to work with someone with a different working style than yours. - Tell me about a time when you led a project. - Tell me about a time you went above and beyond to help someone. (I clarified if I could tell about a time when I went above and beyond my official job duties, and she said that should be fine. Note: It's always good to clarify a question if you feel you didn't quite get it the first time :)). - Do you have any questions for me? I asked 3-4 questions, mostly digging deeper into her experience of Ross' close-knit and collaborative community, Ross's commitment and resources to promote diversity and inclusion (since she'd mentioned that she was active in those clubs, and I had earlier expressed my interest in those efforts too), her experience of transitioning to Ann Arbor, and tips for future first-year students. The interviewer was taking notes diligently and also kept adding to my responses wherever she had a relatable example or experience. Overall, it was a warm and friendly conversation, and very similar to my experience of speaking with other Rossers during informational chats."

variantguy from India GMAT 750; WE: 76 months; Computer Software

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 12 2019 [#permalink] Ross Michigan, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Alumni Interviewed on: Nov 12 2019 Final Decision: Denied with Interview

"Interviewed with an Alum (MBA '01) at a coffee shop in Chennai. I was present almost 30 minutes before him, and we shook hands and got right to it. He mentioned that he had already reviewed my CV and had prepared a set of questions, following which he would be open to questions. His questions, in no particular order - What unique thing about you would you bring to the class? (I noticed this came up in a different form a couple of times) Tell me about a time when you led a team? Tell me about a time you failed to achieve your targets Tell me about a time when you had to work under a manager who you had to adapt your style to Tell me about a time which was stressful for you (given that I have relatively less experience) With only so much of experience, what do you bring to the class? And of course - Why MBA? Why now? Why Ross? Why your specific long term goal? How did you decide on the career path? This was fast paced and I was pretty nervous through this section, so had a few fumbles here and there. He was quite engaged in the conversation though, and made sure to follow up on things which I was not clear enough about. At the end I asked him a few questions and he answered them in detail and at length. Interview lasted around 35-40 minutes."

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 12 2019 [#permalink] Ross Michigan, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Alumni Interviewed on: Nov 11 2019 Final Decision: Waitlisted with Interview

"I was interviewed in Chennai by an alum (MBA'01) at a coffee shop. I reached 20 mins earlier, and he was just about to finish his previous interview. He called me as soon as he was free, without taking a break. The start of the interview was unconventional. Instead of starting with the generic 'Tell me something about you' or 'Walk me through your CV', he directly asked me what were two things I wanted him to take away about me, from the interview. I thought he was talking about incidents/achievements, but he was looking for traits. I was able to cover the traits with a few examples. Some of the other questions are as follows: (Order may not be correct) 1. Tell me a time when you mentored someone 2. Tell me a time when you were stressed out recently 3. An Achievement at work 4. A failure at work 5. Post-MBA Goals - (this was the link to the generic questions as I'm a Product Manager currently, and my post-MBA goal is also Product Management. 6. Why MBA? 7. Why Ross? My CV included multiple hackathon victories, so he asked me what a hackathon was, and if I had to make something today, with no restrictions, what problem would I choose to solve. After this, he asked me if I had any questions for him. This lasted for about 10 mins. This part of the interview was definitely 'calmer' (for want of a better word). Overall, the interview was a lot of fun. The alum had a lot of personal experiences to share towards the end. Total time was about 35 mins"

panda_power from India GMAT 730; WE: 40 months; Computer Software

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 06 2019 [#permalink] Ross Michigan, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 06 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"I gave my Ross interview on Skype with MBA2. I initially asked for the alum interview but the alum I was matched with was already at capacity so had to schedule a Skype interview instead Below is the debrief: Initially the interviewer explained the process of how she would go about the interview. Interview lasted around 40 minutes including a couple questions which I asked the interviewer (~10 minutes for my questions). Some of the questions that the interviewer asked are mentioned below (note that I am not really sure if the flow of the questions was the same or not) - Tell me about yourself - Why MBA now? - Any specific courses you are interested in at Ross? - Anything else that Ross will be able to provide you? (in simple terms 'fit' question) Behavioral questions - Tell me about an instance you has to adjust working alongside a team member - Tell me about a time you had to mentor someone - Tell me about a time when you went above what was expected out of you in that role - Tell me about a time when you were challenged - Tell me about a time when you failed at something? How did you and the others react to the situation - What kind of a leader are you? - What kind of team do you lead currently? How will adapt if the your team get additional members - Tell me about a time you had to motivate your peers. How would you approach it? - So do you have any questions for me? (I asked around 3-4 questions at the end which lasted around 10 minutes) Overall I think it went really well. And I would wish best luck to everyone else. Hope this debrief is helpful. Let me know in case you have any other questions related to the process."

farmansingh5 from India GMAT 760; WE: 60 months; Health Care

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 25 2019 [#permalink] Ross Michigan, Weekend MBA Program
Off Campus with Adcom Interviewed on: Oct 30 2019 Final Decision: Interviewed

"- Ross Weekend MBA Interview - It was with the Managing Director for Part Time MBA Admissions (Patti Russso). The interview itself was very conversational and direct. No surprise questions whatsoever. Questions asked during my interview include - 1. Why MBA? During my answer I was questioned as to why I didn't want to choose other Masters Program aka in Supply Chain management etc. 2. Why Ross? 3. What are my Goals? I only answered Short Term as I wasn't specifically asked about Long Term Goal. 4. Due to my low verbal score in GMAT, I was asked as to why it's low and what happened. 5. Tell me about yourself? During my answer I was asked if I always liked science. 6. Asked me about my current job responsibility of leading a product's design and how I go about this? 7. Asked me about my experience with Project Management and what exactly I do? 8. What do I bring to the Table? After all the questions, the admissions process was explained to me (next steps essentially) and gave me an opportunity to ask questions. Thanked me and said that I was early in the admissions process and results will be communicated within 4 weeks. Overall, it was a rather pleasant experience and not nerve wracking at all. I highly recommend that one prepares solid and genuine replies to Question - 1, 2, 3 & 8."

Balakris89 from United States GMAT 590; Manufacturing

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Oct 22 2019 [#permalink] Ross Michigan, Weekend MBA Program
On Campus Interviewed on: Oct 22 2019 Final Decision: Interviewed

"Ross Interview - 10/22 > why MBA > Why Ross > Tell me about yourself > Leading a team requires good soft skills. What soft skills you think you are good at > This is a full commitment program, how will you manage working full time and spending time here > ST / LT goals > How will you contribute in the class ? Any questions for me / she also explained how the whole admission process goes. The interview went for 20 mins in total and overall was more of a conversation and easy going."

ambera33 from United States GMAT 680; WE: 108 months; Computer Software

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Oct 26 2019 [#permalink] Ross Michigan, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 20 2019 Final Decision: Waitlisted with Interview

"Skype interview with a 2nd year MBA. 1. Tell me about yourself, how you came up with the idea of MBA, why do you want to go to Ross 2. ST/LT goals 3. Plan B if your career goals do not work out 4. Where do you want to be based after MBA? 5. How do you think you will contribute to Ross? I think I mentioned too many things here, and the interviewer was taking a lot of notes 6. A time when your company/project was going through a change and how you contributed 7. A time when you received a tough feedback, why do you think it was tough 8. A time you made a decision that you regretted and why 9. Tell me about your transition from the local university to your college in London 10. What other things apart from formal activities related to your career goals you want to do at Ross, for fun? 11. Any questions for the interviewer The interview lasted for over an hour instead of instructed/planned 45 mins, I didn’t notice that. There were a lot of follow-up questions for almost every question above. Overall, I think this interview was deeper in context and fun. I recognized the interviewer because he was at one of the career path (either tech or consulting) webinars organized by Ross Admissions, so I knew his unique story and brought it up to start the interview, he was pleased to hear. So, my advice - try to attend as many events as possible, if online then try to attend all of them, most of the time they are useful. Good luck!"

mcwalcott from Kazakhstan WE: 72 months; Accounting

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Feb 08 2019 [#permalink] Ross Michigan, Full Time MBA
Off Campus with Alumni Interviewed on: Feb 08 2019 Final Decision: Matriculating

"Interviewed with an alum in Seattle. The interview was about 45 mins long and pretty standard. My interviewer used points in my resume as prompts, which no other school had really done but I think is smart. - Walk me through your resume, and how has it led to your decision to pursue an MBA. (I discussed my interest in my current company's strategy shift, so we had a brief discussion about my ST/LT goals before they had a chance to ask) - Why Ross? - I am responsible for a training a lot of new employees, so they asked how I go about training someone new. What do I do to make training easier and faster? - Describe a time at work that put you under a lot of stress, and how you handled it. - How did you help alleviate the stress of your colleagues along the way? - Can you describe a time you made a decision that you regretted? - What would you do differently moving forward to avoid the difficulties you encountered?"

golfzerodelta from United States GMAT 720; WE: 67 months; Computer Hardware

yes
no