SORT BY
Most helpful
SORT BY Interview date
Recent interviewed
SORT BY Post date
Recent posted
Debrief posted on  Nov 13 2019 [#permalink] Sauder, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 13 2019 Final Decision: Denied with Interview

"I chose to do interview through Skype since I live in Montreal. I received the interview invitation after 2 weeks I submitted my application. I would say pretty fast. I googled the interviewer, he is like a third party consultant for the school, more like a headhunter. Questions are very much like a job interview: Basic question: why Sauder? What can you bring to the class? What do you want to learn from the class? What do you want to improve? What is your long term goal? Other questions are mostly based on my work experience: what situation you had that you need to resolve conflicts? What misconception your co-workers had about you and how did you eliminate that? It is only 30 mins, mostly he asks questions and then I answered. At the end, he asked if I have anything to share with him? I basically just wanted to ask him questions, but he doesn't really have answers and I understand because he is not really employee of Sauder. One thing is that he started to connect with me from Skype to confirm if I am the right contact for interview 30 mins before scheduled time. Then he asked me if I am ready, we could start earlier rather than waiting for 30 mins and I agreed with him. He didn't really say when you can get an result at the end though, I was trying to ask, but knowing that he is only hired for interview, I would assume he is not familiar on that either. Good luck to everyone."

thomasedzhang from Canada GMAT 640; WE: 60 months; Consumer Products
0 out of 0 people found this Debrief helpful.

Was this Debrief helpful for you?

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 04 2019 [#permalink] Sauder, Full Time MBA
Skype Interviewed on: Dec 13 2018 Final Decision: Admitted

"Hello All, Finished with my Skype interview on the 13th of December with Liz Starbuck Greer. Unfortunately, the video had to be cut off view broadband issues and we continued the call over 'voice only'. Looking forward to the decision :) 13th December 18 Time - ~45 minutes via Skype Went not too bad but nothing spectacular as well Questions asked - same as those in the debrief mentioned by aquaria. For any other queries please feel free to PM me. Best Regards and Good luck to all."

go0n3r from India

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 22 2018 [#permalink] Sauder
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 09 2018 Final Decision: Interviewed

"I had an interview today with Kevin Ly. Here are some questions he asked. - What do you think your strengths are? - What are things that other people do not know about you and you wish to share with admission board?? - What are you going to do with the MBA degree? Give specific professional goals - If there is a book about your life, what the main lesson that you wish to learn from the book? And what is the name of the book you want it to be? - What do you wish to learn/get from this program?"

xxxiii123 from Canada Real Estate

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Nov 13 2018 [#permalink] Sauder
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 02 2018 Final Decision: Denied with Interview

"Just did my interview via Skype with someone named Liz. Apparently she does Skype interviews exclusively, so international applicants may get her as well. If you're doing your interview on-campus, it will probably be with the other admissions people. These were the questions I could remember off the top of my head (YMMV): 1) Why a UBC MBA at this point in your career 2) Thing you're looking forward to the most in the program 3) Short term/long term career goals + what do you plan to do with your MBA 4) Greatest achievement and biggest mistake (preferably professional) 5) A few situational questions: - What if you were working in a group of 5 people, and there is one person who is clearly not pulling their weight (submitting shoddy work, or submitting work late). How would you deal with that? - Suppose everyone is putting in their effort now, but someone in your group has a very different opinion on how a certain business problem should be solved. What do you do? 6) Questions for the interviewer? Overall it was pretty straightforward, and interview lasted around 30 mins. I asked about current turnaround time and she said 3 weeks, which is expected considering it's that time of the year."

aquaria from Canada GMAT 640; Advertising and PR

yes
no