Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 01:49 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 01:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 2.42
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 113 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1370 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72864 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Scared to take practice test!!?? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Well, I understand where you are and why you are unwilling to take one (or scared perhaps)
There are some people that have an anxiety of tests and feel very uncomfortable taking them.

However, knowing how you perform is very important - it is not a measure of anything, just a pulse check - you want to know where you are in the journey, think of it in terms of geography. Does it matter if you are in Arizona, Texas, or Utah?

One way to ease into it, is to take a test without timing. Not very useful from the standpoint of preparing for the GMAT, but could be very helpful to gain some of the confidence back and see how much time you REALLY need (you may be surprised).

Do you know your level by the way?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 300 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
well yes I am :) I have had so many failures in life that I am not exactly scared of doing bad but I am usually scared of sitting for 3-4 hrs a gmat test requires. Till date I have realistically given only 1 mock test which was knewtons test because they don't allow pause button. Every other test I took I used pause button and infact completed each MGMT tests in over 2 days.

[quote]I feel so exhausted _ me too , 5 and 6 questions burn me out. lack of concentration for long.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 2.42
Send PM
Thanks everyone! I actual did quite well on verbal test today! I basically completed a manhattan gmat CAT that I started a month ago. I know i'm kind of weak in Quant so i skipped the section (can only stand one disappointment a day) just to build some confidence. I scored in the 51% which meant I need to get stronger in SC and cut the number of wrong answers to at least 5-6. This won't be hard because I made simple mistakes that are easy to correct. Next what I will do is take a full exam everyday for a week so I won't get lazy in front of the computer.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1370 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Bravo for taking 1st step! Just one suggestion, make sure you review what you got wrong. get the concept behind it. Keep us posted.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: General Management
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
I had the same mentality for a few months.
My CATs went something along the lines of 580, 620, 620, 660, 710, 740.
I was more excited about going from 620 to 660 than I was from 660 to 710, because that was my first real sign of progress during my first few months of studying.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 431 [0]
Given Kudos: 131
Send PM
Ok, I am bumping this thread up. Acting like a bot. I am retaker and I am not sure yet if i can take a practice test, from a 690 I am banking on my test to be atleast 700 plus and I feel i should brush up all the basics before I take the test, but with every passing day I feel oh I haven't covered this topic, damn I wasn't doing well on that topic while solving the questions, let me brush up and I have been postponing taking a mock. I think first mock is a big barrier in my mind for improvement, any inputs on how to go about it, when will I feel ready, if i keep on to this I think I will never be ready.
GMAT Club Bot