GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 05 Aug 2020, 15:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

School Moderator League 2021 intake

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GRE 1: Q168 V154

GRE 2: Q169 V152
GPA: 3.44
WE: Engineering (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: School Moderator League 2021 intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jul 2020, 07:40
hsingh3030 wrote:
workout

I should suggest that we need a live score dashboard like the one you posted today . This will help the moderators to track their scores on daily basis and they can push themselves to score more. What's your thought ?

I agree but our developer is super busy with some of the other features. So, I have to do it manually for now and I will try to do it often like every 2 days or something like that.

Show Tags

New post 04 Jul 2020, 09:32
Businessconquerer wrote:
But I need to drop some controversial bombs, will do it:)

This ALWAYS works :)
Concentration: General Management, Technology
WE: Analyst (Computer Software)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Jul 2020, 05:58
Interested in LBS , Imperial , Columbia and Stern

Any opening!!??
I am a re-taker and my GMAT is in 26 days .

The more realistic you are during your practice, the more confident you will be during the CAT.
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 06 Jul 2020, 09:48
DasAshishAshutosh wrote:
Interested in LBS , Imperial , Columbia and Stern

Any opening!!??
I am a re-taker and my GMAT is in 26 days .

DasAshishAshutosh

Thanks for the message. I got you signed up for NYU Stern. Please create a new topic in the Stern forum similar to the following. https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... 97465.html

Good luck with your GMAT!
GMAT 1: 530 Q43 V20
WE: Analyst (Consumer Products)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 06 Jul 2020, 10:34
workout wrote:

Welcome to the first-ever school moderator league

Hi workout

I have taken the GMAT once and currently working towards my second attempt, which I plan to take within the next couple of weeks.
I am interested in Haas, Columbia, Kenan-Flager, and IE

Warm Regards,
Pritishd
V

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2020, 09:38
Pritishd wrote:
workout wrote:

Welcome to the first-ever school moderator league

Hi workout

I have taken the GMAT once and currently working towards my second attempt, which I plan to take within the next couple of weeks.
I am interested in Haas, Columbia, Kenan-Flager, and IE

Warm Regards,
Pritishd

Pritishd

Thanks for your message. I got you signed up for UNC. Please go ahead and create a new topic for 2021 intake in the following forum https://gmatclub.com/forum/kenan-flagler-206/
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2020, 12:49
Hi bb, workout,

I was wondering whether rewarding users on the basis of counting the number of posts is an accurate metric.

Here's an excerpt from the very famous story of an Apple engineer who thought something was wrong with measuring productivity in writing a piece of software - "Counting lines of code was a silly measure of software productivity. He thought his goal was to write as small and fast a program as possible, and that the lines of code metric only encouraged writing sloppy, bloated, broken code."

Link to the full story: https://www.folklore.org/StoryView.py?story=Negative_2000_Lines_Of_Code.txt (short story and an interesting read)

Kudos are given more weightage and that indeed is an accurate measure that inspires posting meaningful and useful stuff for the club community members.

Not necessarily for this topic but in general, should /can we differentiate "just posting" and "posting something that drives engagement or serves the purpose"?
Rotman School Moderator
S
Schools: Rotman '22, Jones '22
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2020, 13:00
I agree. However, Kudos/likes/upvotes/reacts popular as with any other social media tend to be with one who is already an influencer for e.g. Ross, Kellog etc.

While schools like Owen, Rice etc don't have any followers and no matter how engaging post you like , it doesn't get any attention.

Foe e.g. Rice has a fee waiver if you apply before certain date but haven't seen any engagement. I understand from mods that Rice has similar engagement even last year.

I guess mods moderating the top schools (or say "achievable" famous schools) tend to win.

sj24 wrote:
Hi bb, workout,

I was wondering whether rewarding users on the basis of counting the number of posts is an accurate metric.

Here's an excerpt from the very famous story of an Apple engineer who thought something was wrong with measuring productivity in writing a piece of software - "Counting lines of code was a silly measure of software productivity. He thought his goal was to write as small and fast a program as possible, and that the lines of code metric only encouraged writing sloppy, bloated, broken code."

Link to the full story: https://www.folklore.org/StoryView.py?story=Negative_2000_Lines_Of_Code.txt (short story and an interesting read)

Kudos are given more weightage and that indeed is an accurate measure that inspires posting meaningful and useful stuff for the club community members.

Not necessarily for this topic but in general, should /can we differentiate "just posting" and "posting something that drives engagement or serves the purpose"?

Recently transitioned from GMAT to GRE and made a virtual study buddy group on WA. Feel free to join, let's nail GRE together.
[url][color=#f7941d]shorturl.at/cptS4
[/url][/color]
HBS Moderator
D
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2020, 14:00
sj24 wrote:
Hi bb, workout,

Actually there are even longer posts that are total trash and don't cover the entirety of the problem at hand
People just post about anything to get those points. seriously,... ANything
Just like I am doing with this post. But it keeps the traffic and keeps site busy
Free Admissions and GMAT consulting "GMAT Club special"
No spams No bullshit; Purely FACT BASED SOCIAL SERVICE
Rotman School Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2020, 14:08
How does that even make sense ? :dontknow:

https://prnt.sc/tg2wsx

Businessconquerer wrote:
sj24 wrote:
Hi bb, workout,

Actually there are even longer posts that are total trash and don't cover the entirety of the problem at hand
People just post about anything to get those points. seriously,... ANything
Just like I am doing with this post. But it keeps the traffic and keeps site busy

Recently transitioned from GMAT to GRE and made a virtual study buddy group on WA. Feel free to join, let's nail GRE together.
[/url][/color]
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2020, 21:10
sj24 wrote:
Hi bb, workout,

Hi,

Thanks for bringing this up. It is good to have a discussion on what performance indicators we can use.

The number of lines of code and the forum posts are completely different as the code gets rewritten all the time and in the forum, you make responses to earlier posts. Hence they cannot be compared. We have been tracking the number of posts for years and it has been a good performance indicator for us. I am happy to know what other KPI's you or anyone may have?

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2020, 21:26
jbatra wrote:
I agree. However, Kudos/likes/upvotes/reacts popular as with any other social media tend to be with one who is already an influencer for e.g. Ross, Kellog etc.

While schools like Owen, Rice etc don't have any followers and no matter how engaging post you like , it doesn't get any attention.

Foe e.g. Rice has a fee waiver if you apply before certain date but haven't seen any engagement. I understand from mods that Rice has similar engagement even last year.

I guess mods moderating the top schools (or say "achievable" famous schools) tend to win.

The kudos and posts from all the MBA forum will be taken into consideration and NOT just from the forum you are moderating. I want to make this clear. So, having one school like Rice where you are not seeing a lot of engagement shouldn't deter you from participating in the other MBA forums.

As long as you are active in the MBA forums, you will do fine in the points :) but since you have specifically signed up for a few schools, we hope that you put in most of your efforts there.

Feel free to disagree and I am happy to discuss this in our next moderator call.
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2020, 22:02
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks for bringing this up. It is good to have a discussion on what performance indicators we can use.

The number of lines of code and the forum posts are completely different as the code gets rewritten all the time and in the forum, you make responses to earlier posts. Hence they cannot be compared. We have been tracking the number of posts for years and it has been a good performance indicator for us. I am happy to know what other KPI's you or anyone may have?

Hello workout,

Great to hear that rewarding number of posts has been working well for the platform. Then must be good to follow this custom and practice.
I was just wondering rather than questioning in total disbelief.
Also, I did not intend to do a direct comparison between coding and posting.
By quoting an example, I wanted to highlight the Qualitative vs Quantitative approach.
And that's why I mentioned "just posting" and "posting something that drives engagement or serves the purpose".
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2020, 22:43
sj24 wrote:

Hello workout,

Great to hear that rewarding number of posts has been working well for the platform. Then must be good to follow this custom and practice.
I was just wondering rather than questioning in total disbelief.
Also, I did not intend to do a direct comparison between coding and posting.
By quoting an example, I wanted to highlight the Qualitative vs Quantitative approach.
And that's why I mentioned "just posting" and "posting something that drives engagement or serves the purpose".

Yes. I totally understood your point and just wanted to bring in as much transparency I can :) I think the "Kudos" will help us in determining qualitative posts and we have mechanisms built around it.

I don't want to dismiss any suggestions but I just want to emphasize that Kudos and post count have worked for us but if you guys think of better alternatives, I am totally on board to try them out. Let me know :)

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2020, 10:13
Hi ,

Update on the points table please?

[/url][/color]
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2020, 11:05
jbatra wrote:
Hi ,

Update on the points table please?

Everyone,

I have updated the points https://gmatclub.com/forum/school-moder ... l#p2553703

Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2020, 15:43
Count me out, I only wanted to be green to get to know bb
I don't want rewards or any honour.
I will keep helping the forum either ways. Always have :)
Free Admissions and GMAT consulting "GMAT Club special"
No spams No bullshit; Purely FACT BASED SOCIAL SERVICE
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2020, 22:05
Businessconquerer wrote:
Count me out, I only wanted to be green to get to know bb
I don't want rewards or any honour.
I will keep helping the forum either ways. Always have :)

Got it. Thank you for your efforts :)

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2020, 02:38
Hi workout ,

Updates on the points please.

[/url][/color]
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2020, 07:13
jbatra wrote:
Hi workout ,

Updates on the points please.

I will get back with the points in a couple of hours.
Re: School Moderator League 2021 intake   [#permalink] 20 Jul 2020, 07:13

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 86 posts ] 

new topic post reply Update application status