GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 07 Jul 2020, 12:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Schulich MMgt fall 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  
Rotman School Moderator
S
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.7
WE: Account Management (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge
Re: Schulich MMgt fall 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2020, 08:57
Congratulations AcousticYash. What's the GMAT score and other requirements ?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2020, 09:24
Rush2112 wrote:
AcousticYash wrote:
Hi Everyone. I got my admit for Sept intake. Looking forward to connecting with some fellow students.
Also please free to reach out if you have any questions.

Congratulations on your admittance AcousticYash! I have my interview set for this coming Monday. As somebody who found success with their interview, would you be able to give me a basic insight on the interview process?

Congratulations on getting your interview call!! My recommendation for interview preparation would be that you go through the interview briefs to get an idea of the potential questions. Apart from this, I would recommend that you be candid and confident. The interviewer is a friendly person and will do everything to make you comfortable. If you have any specific question, please feel free to PM.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2020, 09:26
harleensingh wrote:

Hi Harleen,

I did not appear for GMAT as it was not a requirement for MMgt. I did give my IELTS though(7.5 band).
Other requirements would include submition of essays and LORs.
If you are looking for any specific requirement, please let me know.
Rotman School Moderator
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2020, 09:37
AcousticYash From where you took help for essays. Any online services or did it on your own.

Manager
Manager
P
Concentration: Operations, International Business
Schools: CBS '22, ISB, Ivey '22
GPA: 3.27
WE: Operations (Other)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2020, 09:38
AcousticYash wrote:
harleensingh wrote:

Hi Harleen,

I did not appear for GMAT as it was not a requirement for MMgt. I did give my IELTS though(7.5 band).

IELTS general or Academic?
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2020, 09:40
harleensingh wrote:
AcousticYash From where you took help for essays. Any online services or did it on your own.

I wrote the essays myself. Although I got in touch with one of the student who gave me a direction. I also got the essays proof read by my brother.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2020, 09:41
ARIEN3228 wrote:
AcousticYash wrote:
harleensingh wrote:

Hi Harleen,

IELTS general or Academic?

You will need to apear for IELTS academic for educational purposes, which is also the case here.
Rotman School Moderator
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2020, 09:46
Thanks AcousticYash. Wish you good luck

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2020, 10:46
DingedAlways wrote:

Hello. Thanks for the AMA. I'm joining the MSCM program and I was wondering how much interaction there is between the different programs? Are Master's students encouraged to apply for Undergrad positions or MBA? I am on the younger side (24), are internships as readily available as coops are) (which we do not qualify for)

Thre is little interaction with the other programs unless you do clubs or games (which you should)...helps build the network.
Master students are encouraged to apply for undergraduate positions but you receive a larger sign-on bonus. However, if you get top marks, you may be able to get in with the MBA positions (but lower bonus).

The average age in the MSCM program is around 28 but that includes part times. Full time it's around 24 so you will fit right in.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2020, 22:51
Congratulations on your admission yash.
I applied for the program on 12th march and i just received my interview invitation.
I have a few questions.
Firstly am I too late for the interview because I am an international applicant.
Secondly do all applicants receive interview invitation or is there a selection criteria?
Thirdly can I get some heads up on interview questions ?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2020, 00:13
Sehajtandi wrote:
I applied for the program on 12th march and i just received my interview invitation.
I have a few questions.
Firstly am I too late for the interview because I am an international applicant.
Secondly do all applicants receive interview invitation or is there a selection criteria?

Congratulations on your interview call. It would be late in a normal scenario but given the Covid-19 situation everything else is a standstill. I am not sure if all the applicants get an interview call or not. Although, it seems like they would have some criteria given they receive a large number of applications.
My suggestion for the interview would be to go through the interview briefs and get yourself accustomed to the basic questions. I can assure you that the interview is going to be great. Being yourself is the key!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2020, 00:26
Great thanks yash.

AcousticYash wrote:
Sehajtandi wrote:
I have a few questions.

Congratulations on your interview call. It would be late in a normal scenario but given the Covid-19 situation everything else is a standstill. I am not sure if all the applicants get an interview call or not. Although, it seems like they would have some criteria given they receive a large number of applications.
My suggestion for the interview would be to go through the interview briefs and get yourself accustomed to the basic questions. I can assure you that the interview is going to be great. Being yourself is the key!

Intern
Intern
Schulich MMgt fall 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2020, 06:17
Hello every one, I had my Schulich Mmgt interview on 27 th May, I still have not heard back from the university. Can any one guide me that what should i do as I am already very late with the application process.
My interview was with Michelle Hughes. It ended with her saying that she will recommend me to the admissions office. But i really dont have a good feeling about it as the seminar today was mostly attended by the admitted applicants
Intern
Intern
Schulich MMgt fall 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 09 Jun 2020, 20:16
AnixGmat wrote:
Hey guys,

I received my acceptance letter to the SCHULICH MMgt (R2) about three weeks ago. Looking forward to connecting with some of my fellow students. Hit me up! I'm also open to answering questions regarding my background, interview process, etc.

Hi, i just got my acceptance for sep intake.
Please help me connect with other students.

Originally posted by Sehajtandi on 09 Jun 2020, 20:13.
Last edited by Sehajtandi on 09 Jun 2020, 20:16, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Jun 2020, 20:16
AcousticYash wrote:
Hi Everyone. I got my admit for Sept intake. Looking forward to connecting with some fellow students.
Also please free to reach out if you have any questions.

Hi yash, i just got my acceptance.
Please help me connect with other students.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 Jun 2020, 07:55
VeryFranky wrote:
DingedAlways wrote:
Thank you for your reply! Do most students have issues finding a job/internship post graduation?

Also, do you have any advice you would give to yourself from a year ago before starting the program?

Hi Very frankly

What is the percentage of class usually get the placements?

What is the average income they get?

What is typically the sectors they job into?

Please reply. Thanks

REPLY:

Hey there, thanks for the questions!

1) So right now with Corona-virus, we have a very unstable situation with school. We are doing online school and I'm not sure about the summer semester. The reason I say this is because I have to acknowledge the bias of difficulty finding a job now that we have this corona situation. Generally, people who graduate from this program go onto be coordinators or basic kinds of managers. This program has no room for an internship beyond 10 hours a week. So we're not here applying for internships for that reason. If you want to go to the big 4, you have better chances with an MBA. If you want to be a CEO, you get an MBA. So you won't stop at the MMgt if those are your goals. Because we basically spend 99% of the time studying (BE PREPARED FOR THE FAST PACED nature of the program), we were basically trying to apply for jobs in the summer so we don't know yet about jobs. My intention is to graduate and be a manager for a mid-sized company. Getting jobs specifically for MMgt through the career board is way more limited. Jobs are mainly for Finance/Marketing/MBA people.

2) I would say this to myself: you did a good job coming into the program with work experience. Coming straight from undergrad has a lot of disadvantages: lack of maturity, lack of real-world experience, lack of business experience.

My advice to anyone considering the program:

#1: Have some experience in business (accounting, finance, statistics, economics)
#2: If you can't handle learning things on your own, this program isn't for you. There is a LOT of self-learning in this program, I can't stress this enough. This will hit hard for some people who come from humanities and biology-related fields.
#3: If you are not a hard-worker, accept that you will do all of the work lol. Every year, for some reason, there admit a lot of free loaders that ruin the integrity of the program.
#4: Make sure you have enough money to do school. It's not popular for admissions or students to tell you this, but don't rush to be in debt for school. If you can gain work experience and make money, you will be in a comfortable position to start school.
#5: Do your best to network
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 20 Jun 2020, 10:43
Congratulations!!

What was your GMAT score and requirement?

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 Jun 2020, 16:51
Hi

I was wondering how your experience is like. Is it harder now to network since the pandemic started and has it impacted your learning?

Also how are the courses like? Are they math heavy ? How’s the schedule like?
Is it hard to find a job afterwards?

Thanks
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Schulich MMgt fall 2020   [#permalink] 20 Jun 2020, 16:51

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   [ 58 posts ] 

Schulich MMgt fall 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: pushpitkc