GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Jun 2019, 12:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Schulich Profile Evaluation Thread-Post all Profile Eval Requests here

new topic post reply Update application status  
Senior PS Moderator
V
GPA: 3.12
Schulich Profile Evaluation Thread-Post all Profile Eval Requests here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2017, 02:21
This thread is the master profile evaluations thread for Schulich applications only.
This will help people get some consolidated (and free :P ) advice from consultants and help others learn as well.

Post your profile here if you want!

Suggested Template

Background and nationality
Undergrad Information
GMAT:
Work experience and leadership
Community and others
Post MBA goals
Anything else?
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V28
Re: Schulich Profile Evaluation Thread-Post all Profile Eval Requests here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2017, 02:32
Hi Guys,

My name is Ronit Sharma and i want to know whether I have good chance of getting into Schulich or not. Please evaluate my profile :

Nationality: Indian
10th: 9 CGPA
12th: 95%
Graduation: 68% (First Division) [Economics Honors, University of Delhi]
Extra Curricular activities: I have been an active member of the Delhi University Theater circuit for the 3 years of my graduation. I have written, directed and acted in many plays. i was the Vice President of the Theater Society of my College.
Internship (2 months): Anabond Pvt Ltd (Marketing)

GMAT 650 (Q49,V29,IR-8,AW-5?)

Work Experience : 2 Years (Zomato Media Pvt Ltd - Marketing/Operations)
I joined in when Zomato began Online ordering. I was a key member in initial process of setting up that business. So apparently, I worked in a successful startup within a startup (a new-age, fast growth, ups-and-downs kind of company).
I have also worked with a couple of NGOs.

Post MBA goals : Management/Consultancy.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Nonprofit
GPA: 3.32
WE: Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Schulich Profile Evaluation Thread-Post all Profile Eval Requests here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2017, 08:00
Here is a quick overview of my profile.

[*]--> Canadian (black), underrepresented minority
[*]--> 29 years old
[*]--> Bachelors in Public Administration from a Canadian university (3.2 GPA)
[*]--> 6 years work experience --> sales, policy analyst with federal and provincial levels of government. Currently working for major Canadian bank
[*]--> Extra-curricular --> Volunteer at community radio station at my old university. I help conceptualize and develop radio content. Super fun! Lots of work! I am also co-founder of a small NGO, a statistical project for innovation, research and empowerment in Africa. MBA will provide tools to get project off the ground running.
[*]--> GMAT --> wrote in March 2017. Bombed with a 350. Been prepping like a maniac since then. Looking to break 600. Will re-write in November 2017
[*]--> Post MBA - use existing expertise in policy formation and analysis to build a career in business-government relations. An MBA will bridge the gap between my background and where I want to go.

What do you think of the profile?
Intern
Intern
Re: Schulich Profile Evaluation Thread-Post all Profile Eval Requests here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2017, 02:53
Background and nationality - Indian male candidate

Undergrad - B. Com with 57.5% (63.5% in the final year)

Postgrad - Post Graduate Diploma in Forest Management (Majors in Development Management) NOTE: Only the institute's name has Forest in it; I studied nothing related to it!

GMAT - 710 (Q-49 V-38)

Work experience and leadership -
Total of 3.5 years of work experience in lending space. I have worked for two financial institutions during this period, both of which were into impact investment. I assessed companies which had either social or environmental impact, and were from either financial inclusion, food and agri, affordable healthcare, affordable education, or clean energy sector. There were all early-stage companies with little to no access to formal sources of financing before my company lent to them. I individually did credit and operational analysis of the companies. I was assigned a new vertical in the first organization (I was assigned the role over my more senior colleagues) and was assigned as the lead member of one of the sectors in the second company.

The "story" - I was pursuing CA during my graduation, and had successfully cleared the intermediate examination. But something felt amiss and the only reason I was pursuing CA was because everybody around me was doing the same and I knew for a fact that there was good money at the end of the tunnel. But something felt amiss and I quit CA following my level II examination and instead decided to do PG. In PG, my course focused on community development and development management in general. I wanted to combine my PG study to what I did prior to that, and hence I got in the impact investment space.

Community and others -
1. Participated in multiple CSR events during PG
2. Ran numerous campaigns during PG, both for the upliftment of the underprivileged as well as for environmental conservation.
3. Active member of Blue Cross
4. Fitness enthusiast and I do work as a fitness instructor

Recommendations - I am sure I can get pretty strong recommendations

Post MBA goals -
Staying in the impact investment space, first by taking some international exposure with the larger donor organizations and then by eventually setting up my own investment fund.

Additional thoughts - I guess my work-ex is on the lower side, but I can show steady increase in responsibilities during this period. Also, I know that my undergrad score is miserable. Nothing really that I can do about it now, but will asking the AdCom to focus on my better-than-average Quant score in GMAT help?

Thanks for the help! :)
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE: Business Development (Other)
What are my chances? Full-time MBA applicant.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2018, 14:53
Hi there,

I was hoping if someone could help evaluate my profile for the 2 years MBA programme. PFB the details:

- Male, Indian, 25.

- Education:
1. Grade 12: IB Diploma (High Level - Maths, History and English); attended schools across Tunisia, Sri Lanka, Belgium, and India.
2 .Undergrad:
- B.Tech in Computer Science from VIT, Vellore, India (top 15 engineering college in India).
- 4 years degree
- Extra courses: Fundamentals of Financial Management 101, Macroeconomics 101
- CGPA: 7.56/10

- Work Experience:
1. Founder and CEO of a college startup of mine. Ran it for good ~3 years with a team of 25+ folks working across India.
2. Founding Member and Head of Sales of a pre-Series A funded tech company (we are a 60+ member team now with offices in Delhi and SF). 3 years of work experience. I have recently left from here and currently traveling (been 2 months). By the time I go for my MBA, I'll have around ~3.5-4 years of work ex.

- GMAT: I am currently preparing, hoping to give the exam in December.
- Post MBA Goals: Join a venture capital firm and not just add value as an investor but also as a mentor. I believe I have learned a lot from the startup community and would love to give back to it as well.

Major doubt:

Undergrad requirement: An undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with a minimum B average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work.
. This has been mentioned on the website. Do I meet the minimum requirement? I am quite confused.

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Finance, Statistics
Re: What are my chances? Full-time MBA applicant.  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2018, 15:30
Where do you wish to study?

Your background will require you have a strong gmat score but overall profile seems strong.

Best of luck with your gmat,I think you should try to aim for above 700! ☺️

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Admit possible?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2018, 04:12
What chances do I have to get an admit with a score for 630 ? Indian IT engineer male with 4 years work ex and decent extra curricular profile and a very well written application.

Intern
Intern
B
Re: Admit possible?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2018, 05:11
my question is whay is extra you are bringing in at the expense of your low GMAT... if you can convince the adcom, then please take your chances!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2019, 05:34
26, male, Indian Sikh.
Business economics graduate from Delhi University (first division). I've derived that my GPA is 3.7 (kindly correct if wrong)
GMAT: 740 (Q51, V39, IR8, AWA6)
Work experience:
Full time 2.5 years, freelance 1.5 years.

I freelanced with a production studio as a cinematographer and a video editor for 6 months. They hired me full-time and promoted me to the post of senior producer because I was good at dealing with clients. This lasted for 6 months too.
Then I left for Mumbai to assist in ads and films to learn more. I was freelancing as well. I was the assistant cinematographer in Kapil Sharma's "Firangi". Was part of many short films as well.

Then I joined my family business of medicine exports. It involved handling purchase and negotiating rates and payment terms. Soon I started travelling to Imphal to manage a pharmacy as it's conflict struck area and hiring someone local was tough.
Additionally, I became a mutual fund distributor in Jan last year. I have a sizeable AUM under me. I am also a stock trader. I still freelance as a cinematographer.

In college I used to make short films on social causes. I'd write, shoot, direct and edit myself. The topics ranged from communal differences, eve teasing to organ donation. I screened the organ donation movie in my college and about 50 viewers pledged their organs after the screening.
I also won numerous awards in -
Street theatre
Best photographer
Best cinematography
Best short film (director)

I wish to get into financial consulting post MBA.

What is the deal breaker here? I've been told that my work ex won't count since I've mostly worked for myself or my family (albeit full time).

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Schulich Profile Evaluation Thread-Post all Profile Eval Requests here   [#permalink] 23 Apr 2019, 05:34

Schulich Profile Evaluation Thread-Post all Profile Eval Requests here

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: pushpitkc