It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 00:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Schulich Profile Evaluation Thread-Post all Profile Eval Requests here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
BSchool Forum Moderator
P

Kudos [?]: 596 [0], given: 16

Concentration: General Management, Leadership
WE: Sales (Retail)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Schulich Profile Evaluation Thread-Post all Profile Eval Requests here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2017, 02:21
This thread is the master profile evaluations thread for Schulich applications only.
This will help people get some consolidated (and free :P ) advice from consultants and help others learn as well.

Post your profile here if you want!

Suggested Template

Background and nationality
Undergrad Information
GMAT:
Work experience and leadership
Community and others
Post MBA goals
Anything else?

Stay hungry, Stay foolish

2017-2018 MBA Deadlines

Class of 2020: Rotman Thread | Schulich Thread
Class of 2019: Sauder Thread

Kudos [?]: 596 [0], given: 16

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V28
CAT Tests
Re: Schulich Profile Evaluation Thread-Post all Profile Eval Requests here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2017, 02:32
Hi Guys,

My name is Ronit Sharma and i want to know whether I have good chance of getting into Schulich or not. Please evaluate my profile :

Nationality: Indian
10th: 9 CGPA
12th: 95%
Graduation: 68% (First Division) [Economics Honors, University of Delhi]
Extra Curricular activities: I have been an active member of the Delhi University Theater circuit for the 3 years of my graduation. I have written, directed and acted in many plays. i was the Vice President of the Theater Society of my College.
Internship (2 months): Anabond Pvt Ltd (Marketing)

GMAT 650 (Q49,V29,IR-8,AW-5?)

Work Experience : 2 Years (Zomato Media Pvt Ltd - Marketing/Operations)
I joined in when Zomato began Online ordering. I was a key member in initial process of setting up that business. So apparently, I worked in a successful startup within a startup (a new-age, fast growth, ups-and-downs kind of company).
I have also worked with a couple of NGOs.

Post MBA goals : Management/Consultancy.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Strategy, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 350 Q8 V22
GPA: 3.2
WE: Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Schulich Profile Evaluation Thread-Post all Profile Eval Requests here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2017, 08:00
Here is a quick overview of my profile.

[*]--> Canadian (black), underrepresented minority
[*]--> 29 years old
[*]--> Bachelors in Public Administration from a Canadian university (3.2 GPA)
[*]--> 6 years work experience --> sales, policy analyst with federal and provincial levels of government. Currently working for major Canadian bank
[*]--> Extra-curricular --> Volunteer at community radio station at my old university. I help conceptualize and develop radio content. Super fun! Lots of work! I am also co-founder of a small NGO, a statistical project for innovation, research and empowerment in Africa. MBA will provide tools to get project off the ground running.
[*]--> GMAT --> wrote in March 2017. Bombed with a 350. Been prepping like a maniac since then. Looking to break 600. Will re-write in November 2017
[*]--> Post MBA - use existing expertise in policy formation and analysis to build a career in business-government relations. An MBA will bridge the gap between my background and where I want to go.

What do you think of the profile?

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Schulich Profile Evaluation Thread-Post all Profile Eval Requests here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2017, 02:53
Background and nationality - Indian male candidate

Undergrad - B. Com with 57.5% (63.5% in the final year)

Postgrad - Post Graduate Diploma in Forest Management (Majors in Development Management) NOTE: Only the institute's name has Forest in it; I studied nothing related to it!

GMAT - 710 (Q-49 V-38)

Work experience and leadership -
Total of 3.5 years of work experience in lending space. I have worked for two financial institutions during this period, both of which were into impact investment. I assessed companies which had either social or environmental impact, and were from either financial inclusion, food and agri, affordable healthcare, affordable education, or clean energy sector. There were all early-stage companies with little to no access to formal sources of financing before my company lent to them. I individually did credit and operational analysis of the companies. I was assigned a new vertical in the first organization (I was assigned the role over my more senior colleagues) and was assigned as the lead member of one of the sectors in the second company.

The "story" - I was pursuing CA during my graduation, and had successfully cleared the intermediate examination. But something felt amiss and the only reason I was pursuing CA was because everybody around me was doing the same and I knew for a fact that there was good money at the end of the tunnel. But something felt amiss and I quit CA following my level II examination and instead decided to do PG. In PG, my course focused on community development and development management in general. I wanted to combine my PG study to what I did prior to that, and hence I got in the impact investment space.

Community and others -
1. Participated in multiple CSR events during PG
2. Ran numerous campaigns during PG, both for the upliftment of the underprivileged as well as for environmental conservation.
3. Active member of Blue Cross
4. Fitness enthusiast and I do work as a fitness instructor

Recommendations - I am sure I can get pretty strong recommendations

Post MBA goals -
Staying in the impact investment space, first by taking some international exposure with the larger donor organizations and then by eventually setting up my own investment fund.

Additional thoughts - I guess my work-ex is on the lower side, but I can show steady increase in responsibilities during this period. Also, I know that my undergrad score is miserable. Nothing really that I can do about it now, but will asking the AdCom to focus on my better-than-average Quant score in GMAT help?

Thanks for the help! :)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Schulich Profile Evaluation Thread-Post all Profile Eval Requests here   [#permalink] 26 Sep 2017, 02:53

Schulich Profile Evaluation Thread-Post all Profile Eval Requests here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, aerien, BrushMyQuant

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap