SORT BY
Most helpful
SORT BY Interview date
Recent interviewed
SORT BY Post date
Recent posted
Debrief posted on  Jul 25 2019 [#permalink] Schulich, January Intake
Skype Interviewed on: Jul 25 2019 Final Decision: Interviewed

"Interviewed with Kirthi Srivatsav. Questions: Why MBA? What after MBA? If you are from Adcom, what question will you ask? What will the person sitting next to you learn from you? 3 skills learnt from your job? Achievement outside work you are most proud of? All the best to all the applicants. Cheers"

munnabhaiz GMAT 690;
0 out of 0 people found this Debrief helpful.

Was this Debrief helpful for you?

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jul 19 2019 [#permalink] Schulich, January Intake
Skype Interviewed on: Jul 19 2019 Final Decision: Waitlisted with Interview

"I had my interview with Kirthi Srivastav today. I was pleasantly surprised to know that he knew almost everything about my application, even the smallest of details. The questions were : -A couple of things about my work -What are you looking from an mba? -change in roles during career and something that you've learned at your workplace? -achievements in professional and personal life? -What would you bring to the program? -Why you shouldn't be selected?"

batmanINboxers GMAT 720; WE: 52 months; Computer Software

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jul 17 2019 [#permalink] Schulich, January Intake
Skype Interviewed on: Jul 17 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"I had my interview with Sanjay Dhingra today. It was a pretty chilled out interview. He asked questions about my job and the recent project I did, some questions on my previous role, why Schulich, and asked if I had some questions about the program. Interview lasted for around 15 mins. Best of luck to everyone!!"

This user wants to stay Private from India GMAT 670; Manufacturing

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jul 15 2019 [#permalink] Schulich, January Intake
Skype Interviewed on: Jul 15 2019 Final Decision: Interviewed

""Hi guys, I just had my interview with Sanjay. It lasted for around 15 mins. It was to the point. It was laid back and comfortable. No behavioural question. Questions only related to my work ex. 01. Your greatest achievement? 02. Your experience in x? 03. Your target companies after MBA? 04. What were your responsibilities in the project y? 05. How do you know z? 06. Any question for me? Best of luck everyone!""

LordStark from India GMAT 700; Non-Profit and Government

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jul 15 2019 [#permalink] Schulich, January Intake
Skype Interviewed on: Jul 15 2019 Final Decision: Waitlisted with Interview

"Completed my interview today: Questions related my product launches. Question on typical project lifecycle (related to my work only)-How does a product land from ideation phase to launch phase? What are the typical steps involved? The interviewer also requested to demonstrate my extra-curricular skill! And then I asked him few questions. Not a stress interview. Pretty laidback and relaxed. All the best!"

sohambhattacharya from India GMAT 660; WE: 37 months; Consumer Products

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jul 14 2019 [#permalink] Schulich, January Intake
Skype Interviewed on: Jul 11 2019 Final Decision: Interviewed

"Hi guys, I just had my interview today. It was honestly so laid back and my interviewer, Carol, was fantastic. It was very casual, lasted about 30 min. We spoke about my hometown in Eastern Canada, my background, spoke about our parents and family, it was great. She then asked about general resume questions. What were my toughest moments? What do I think about working in teams? How do I deal with difficulties? What was my most proudest achievement to date and why? She said she was very impressed and honestly, she is such a lovely, down to earth woman. I enjoyed this interview, was not nervous at all and felt like it was a casual chat with a colleague or prof. Best of luck everyone!"

aanjumz92 from Canada

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 17 2019 [#permalink] Schulich, September Intake
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 20 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"Hi My Interview was with Sanjay Dhingra. The interview lasted for around 20 mins, it was conversational, behavioral and not at all stressful. Please be clear and thorough about the matter that you've written in your said or said during the video essays. The questions asked to me were around these essays and situation based. Below are the questions asked: 1. Why did you say XXX in your Video essay? 2. What's your goal? WHy MBA? 3. Why Canada? 4. Describe a life-impacting event. 5. Have you faced any conflict during your work life and how did you resolve it? Please be comfortable and clear about the thoughts and ideas w.r.t your goals and aspirations. Do proper research for why Canada, Schulich, Specialization Courses it offers, Schulich-India/Canada difference. Just a tip- I did background research about my interviewee in order to try to get to know him and his thought frame. It helped me because for me he was no more an unknown face. But do keep in mind to keep it to yourself and not blabber it out that you stalked him on social media platforms. Be on your feet and calm. All the best!"

sakshigovil21 from India WE: 16 months; Consulting

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Mar 13 2019 [#permalink] Schulich, September Intake
Skype Interviewed on: Feb 08 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"I interviewed with Sanjay Dhingra. Its going to be a conversation, he will have gone through you application and will have specific questions regarding your resume and experience. A couple of general questions like why schulich, why MBA now etc. and then he'll ask if you have any questions for him. Not a very long interview around 20-25 minutes. All the best."

aaditparikh from India GMAT 700;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Dec 21 2018 [#permalink] Schulich, September Intake
Off Campus with Adcom Interviewed on: Dec 21 2018 Final Decision: Admitted

"Had my interview today with Kirthi Srivastav. To summarize, the interview revolved mostly around a lot of oddball questions regarding my profile and the kind of work I do, with a closing question as Why Schulich. I guess squeezing your responses in 20 mins is the challenge that many of you might face, considering that the oddball questions may not be familiar and may require a little bit of thinking to begin responding. Overall, it was indeed a great experience, and was the first time that I saw the interviewer so much aware about my profile, essays, and even the video essays. Best of luck to you all and feel free to PM me in case of any further insights required."

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Dec 18 2018 [#permalink] Schulich
Skype Interviewed on: Dec 18 2018 Final Decision: Admitted

"Got done with my interview today. It was a good experience and is more like a normal conversation you have with your professors or managers. I was asked questions related to my work only. The interview was 20-25 mins long. Hope this helps. :)"

Anujkumar2401 from India GMAT 700;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Jan 22 2019 [#permalink] Schulich, September Intake
Skype Interviewed on: Dec 13 2018 Final Decision: Admitted

"Here I'll attempt to share my application process for all those needing assistance/advice. To get to an interview, you should have at least a 3.4 final 2 year GPA. If not, your application should have something extraordinary (awesome rec letters, crazy personal statements/application essay and video answers, or unique work/LIFE experiences. I really believe this admissions team puts ample emphasis on life experience. Now I'll share my stats, application, interview stuff... I had a final 2 year GPA of about 3.6. My 2 recommendation letters were from a professor and a TA. I had the option of choosing 2 professors but had a very good relationship with my TA whom held very high opinions of me and I knew would sincerely write the best recommendation for me. No work experience. Some volunteer experience. Nothing worthwhile. Personal essays...poured my life experience into them...all the challenges and obstacles...accomplishments and even failures. Now the interview... It lasted about 40 mins. By far the best interview I've ever had and ever given because the interviewer was so damn genuine and down to earth. She asked about how the program can help me, how I manage stress, what kind of a person am I, how do I work in groups, how do I handle stress, why my grades have such a big difference between the first 2 and last 2 years. Sounds like a lot...but it was actually a lot of fun because it was really laid back and in between questions we would just have small talk about our families, York University ongoings (I went there), and sharing laughs. The best advice I can give is to loosen your ties and be yourselves, you'll be fine."

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Dec 15 2018 [#permalink] Schulich
Skype Interviewed on: Dec 11 2018 Final Decision: Invited to Interview

"Hi, It was a small 20-25 min interaction. It revolved mostly around my resume and one or two behavioural questions (related to work experience) like the toughest situation you have faced, your leisure activities. All the best to those whose interviews are lined up."

vinish chopra

yes
no