GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 11 Dec 2019, 20:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Schulich (York University) vs Smurfit (UCD) vs Trinity College Dublin

new topic post reply Update application status  

• 16% [1]
  • 66% [4]
  • 16% [1]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
Schulich (York University) vs Smurfit (UCD) vs Trinity College Dublin  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2019, 12:51
Hi everyone,

I am looking for some feedback/advise from Schulich, UCD ,and TCD MBA graduates. I have an admit from Schulich, and I am confident that I will get an admit into UCD or Trinity (or both! fingers crossed). I would like to know from former/current students more about these B-schools. I particularly want to know -

1. How was your experience with your classmates?
2. Do you believe that the School significantly contributed towards your personal development?
3. Did the school meet your expectation?
4. How is your school viewed in the USA?
5. Would you recommend the program to future students?

Little background about myself: I am an Indian national, and Canadian Permanent Resident, with a Masters in Electrical Engineering (University of Southern California) along with 3 years of work experience in the USA, currently working in Dublin. While UCD and TCD appeal to me in terms of the MBA program length, which is one year, I see that Schulich is ranked better. But, Schulich MBA program is 16-20 months and I prefer a shorter course length for personal reasons. After my MBA I plan to move and work in the USA, hence it is important for me to to know if these schools have good alumni and perception in the US.

Your comments are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
RC Moderator
V
GMAT 1: 540 Q49 V16
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Schulich (York University) vs Smurfit (UCD) vs Trinity College Dublin  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2019, 19:28
Hello ns91 .... welcome to the community.

I am definitely not an expert. But, still wanted to share my view... General Rule: The most of the students of an MBA program gets recruited in the country of their institution. So If you are looking to work in the US ... the program should be a US one I suppose. Saying that, of course, there are exceptions.

I can say about Schulich (York University) ..... you will find a great number of alums in the Toronto Region .... even in other parts of Canada... But in the US ... there might not be as much when compared to the previous two regions.

Hope this helps a bit !!
Intern
Re: Schulich (York University) vs Smurfit (UCD) vs Trinity College Dublin  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2019, 02:51
Thanks, u1983. Yes it is usually the case where people who study in X country gets recruited in that country. But I have a good network in the US so I am not too worried about getting a job. I am just unable to choose between a shorter MBA program and a longer one against the schools reputation.

Thanks again!
RC Moderator
V
GMAT 1: 540 Q49 V16
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2019, 07:53
ns91 wrote:
Thanks, u1983. Yes it is usually the case where people who study in X country gets recruited in that country. But I have a good network in the US so I am not too worried about getting a job. I am just unable to choose between a shorter MBA program and a longer one against the schools reputation.

Thanks again!

Hello ns91 ..... I was more pointing to the # of Alums based on the last pont of your question 'hence it is important for me to to know if these schools have good alumni and perception in the US'.

Hmm........ The only difference I find between a shorter course and a longer course is summer internship, which helps you a lot if you are changing industry or function.
The longer course are really helpful for the 4-6 yrs exp people as well... while the people with more than avg age group tends to go for the shorter 1 yr ones.

:-)
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2019, 03:30
Thanks u1983 !
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Schulich (York University) vs Smurfit (UCD) vs Trinity College Dublin   [#permalink] 05 Feb 2019, 03:30

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, teleste, Wilch