GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 06 Jul 2020, 13:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Scope of switching career to management consultant in oxford

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Scope of switching career to management consultant in oxford  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2020, 08:11
What are the chances for switching careers to management consulting for someone who has no previous experience in oxford?
What are the opportunities the school provides for a career change into consulting?

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
B
GPA: 4
Re: Scope of switching career to management consultant in oxford  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2020, 09:09
Quite high, although it depends on the individual's prior work experience, how much work they're willing to put into preparation for interviews, and their target company. I can tell you that our consulting OBN has 180 members and last year's cohort had 126 offers. Yes, I'm comparing two different years but unfortunately I don't know how many members they had in the consulting OBN but would assume it was roughly similar to this year's numbers.

A lot of consulting companies come to campus. Off the top of my head we've had McKinsey, BCG, Deloitte, EY, KPMG, Maersk, LEK, GoBeyond, Partners in Performance, Dalberg, and Arca Blanca come to campus. We had a trip to Bain's offices. We've also had webinars with McKinsey, Booz Allen Hamilton, Kearney, and Alvarez and Marshall. We've probably have more than that but those are the in-person and webinar sessions I've attended. Basically, if you want to go into consulting then you'll have options.

In terms of career changing, the school holds fortnightly sessions of Super Saturday, which is a case session. The consulting OBN also organises formal case sessions or you can organise your own with someone. Practise case interviews are available at any time via Careers with industry advisors. During application season, Careers will also review CVs and cover letters if you want and host practise sessions for interviews, e.g. McKinsey behavioural fit. To be honest, I think the Careers Centre gives us everything we need to change career so a lot of it is up to the individual student to take advantage of those opportunities.

I'm expecting this year might have lower recruiting numbers but that's due to Covid and rescinded internship and/or job offers. I'm going through the interview process for experienced hiring and the timelines have all been changed thanks to Covid.

PT
Intern
Intern
Re: Scope of switching career to management consultant in oxford  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2020, 23:33
Thank you pear tree for the quick response. Im planning to apply to oxford . im working for Maersk, the maritime industry i work for has quite different work style compared to traditional businesses. So im not quite sure how my application would pan out compared with people with strong business background.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Scope of switching career to management consultant in oxford   [#permalink] 16 May 2020, 23:33

Scope of switching career to management consultant in oxford

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Gowtham91, nvdmurty