GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 05 Apr 2020, 02:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Score Discrepancy - what do i do?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Score Discrepancy - what do i do?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2019, 00:15
Hello,

I have taken 4 GMAT official practice tests (by GMAC) back to back within the last one month and consistently received nothing below 720 with a consistent quant score of at least 49. However, i recently took the GMAT club quant test (not the whole test. just the quant part) and found the questions far tougher than the 4 GMAT official prep tests. Further, i saw that the average difficulty itself was much higher. I wanted some opinion on why all of a sudden, my score in quant plummeted even despite me getting a consistent 49/50 in 4 consecutive official prep tests. One observation i made is that i was unable to find enough time to do the questions (although i knew how to do each and every one of them) which was unlike what i faced in the 4 official prep tests where i completed quant comfortably with a minute or two to spare. Is it because GMAT club's quant test is in fact much harder than the official prep?
General GMAT Forum Moderator
V
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Reviews Badge
Re: Score Discrepancy - what do i do?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2019, 03:37
aashraiarun - No doubt GMAT Club Test Center is the next best thing after GMAT Prep and official guides, for the quant section. Typically, GMAT Club Quant sectional tests contain questions slightly tougher than the ones on the official CATs. If you score Q47/48 on GMAT Club tests, you can fetch a Q50 on the real-GMAT. To further answer your question, yes, the average difficult is higher in GMAT Club tests and the tests offer a few more 700-level questions than on the real-GMAT. Also, please remember that we do not have experimental questions and therefore all 700-level questions are scored by the scoring algorithm, resulting in a slightly lower sectional score.

New to GMAT Club? Start with the study plan!
Should I retake GMAT? Retaking GMAT Strategies!

What Are My Chances - Automated Profile Evaluation Tool is Here!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Score Discrepancy - what do i do?   [#permalink] 06 Oct 2019, 03:37

Score Discrepancy - what do i do?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep