Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:45 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Re: Scored 640 - Where can i Apply [#permalink]
cracktherock wrote:
howtoexitthematrix wrote:
cracktherock wrote:
Hi all, I scored 640 in the actual GMAT exam ( Q50/V27) although i was getting 690-700 in mocks.
Now, at this juncture I may give second attempt but before that I want to look at the options available with this score.
Something about my profile - Basically a female engineer, 90% in 10th,was a school topper, 85% in 12th, 8.45 in graduation, having 4 years of experience.
,presently in Corporate Procurement domain of a MNC in India, Got an early promotion, Want to do MIM/MBA in supply chain/International Business,Ready to opt for colleges of any geography with optimum fees, Regarding social services - short involvement with 2 non profit organisation, have done certificate courses from coursera and edx in the related domain.
Kindly advice something to give me some clarity about future course of action.

Hi Cracktherock!

I am in the same boat as you are and my only goal is to get into a US B-school with 10 to 30 rank. If I were you I would take another attempt. Given you were scoring ~ 700 in your mocks, there must be some anomaly due to which your scores declined(for ex you were not able to finish your exam), and it is better to work on weak areas. In case of US, the first round is already over for most of the colleges, so you can only apply in the second round which ends by 5-15th January. Given that the GMAT has to be taken at least 15 days prior to the submission of the application, you can give the second attempt not later than 20th of December. That gives you around three weeks of preparation. Try not to learn new things, focus on whatever you already know, attempt that with greater accuracy.

Best!

Hi, Thank you for your response.
But the thing is I may not be able to take the exam by 20th Dec 17 as some other things are lined up. That's why I had this thought of what to do. What would you advise in this case when I will only be able to appear for the exam in late Jan 17 and also I am open to all the geographies around the world?

First, shortlist the colleges which are in the range of your - expected score, more-than-expected score and less-than-expected score. Once you have the list, get the deadlines for those colleges and select a test date accordingly.
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Considering your GPA and academic scores, you have a very low GMAT, can a expect better score from you something around 700+.Yes GMAT is at a lower side but its your over all profile which helps you getting an admit. While assessing your application, top b-schools looks for candidates who have demonstratednleadership qualities in their professional or personal lives. Leadership qualities don’t necessarily mean leading teams – they could also mean the initiatives you had taken, your achievements, impact-orientation and career progression.

It's a high to start working on your essays. Tailor your essays brilliantly in a professional and simple language. B-schools looks for the candidates carrying High Academic Ability, Impact Leadership and communication skills, Clarity of Goals and Contribution and Passionate. Make sure you build an excellent story and present it in a very professional and simple language. Try to stand out rather fitting in which makes your profile unique.Focus on your essays and feel free to reach us out for any help regarding your application.

Considering the information you have provided, below mentioned are some of the b-schools you should consider while applying.

Manchester Business School
Babson College Olin Graduate School of Business
Imperial College Business School
Wake Forest University School of Business
University of Western Ontario - Ivey
University of Toronto - Rotman
ESADE, NUS
Purdue University - Krannert School of Management

Mention more about your profile like from which institute have you graduated from, more about your achievements and your leadership skills, your professional work experience or you can also short list your b-schools by using our ingenious tool called B-School Selector by clicking on the below mentioned link.
https://www.genedmba.com/b-school-selec ... 21ppbvAEel

B-School selector is an intelligent B-Schools shortlisting tool designed by team of expert consultants graduated from Ivy League B-Schools. This tool provides the list of B-Schools where you have fair chances of getting an admission based on certain parameters like, GMAT Score, Work Experience, International Work Experience and Academic Scores.

If you want to have a detailed free profile evaluation by the top B-schools Alumni please feel free to reach us out at +91 9980044412
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Expert Reply
cracktherock wrote:
Hi all, I scored 640 in the actual GMAT exam ( Q50/V27) although i was getting 690-700 in mocks.
Now, at this juncture I may give second attempt but before that I want to look at the options available with this score.
Something about my profile - Basically a female engineer, 90% in 10th,was a school topper, 85% in 12th, 8.45 in graduation, having 4 years of experience.
,presently in Corporate Procurement domain of a MNC in India, Got an early promotion, Want to do MIM/MBA in supply chain/International Business,Ready to opt for colleges of any geography with optimum fees, Regarding social services - short involvement with 2 non profit organisation, have done certificate courses from coursera and edx in the related domain.
Kindly advice something to give me some clarity about future course of action.

Give another attempt dude. A 640 is quite low for an Indian applicant.... And really since the GMAT plays such a HUGE role when applying to MiMs, it can make a world of difference.

Best,
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: 99colleges.com
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools: Wharton
Send PM
Hi cracktherock,

I think you should apply with a higher score.

Point is applications take lot of time, and you would not want your GMAT score to render them any less deficient. The alternative of applying to schools that fit your score is not a good one, as you may not apply to some good schools where your application can hold on its own. In short, you should apply with the best score you can pull off. If you think you can, then you should.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
99Colleges wrote:
Hi cracktherock,

I think you should apply with a higher score.

Point is applications take lot of time, and you would not want your GMAT score to render them any less deficient. The alternative of applying to schools that fit your score is not a good one, as you may not apply to some good schools where your application can hold on its own. In short, you should apply with the best score you can pull off. If you think you can, then you should.

Hi, Thanks a lot for the insight
I was really looking forward to it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GeneralEducation wrote:
Considering your GPA and academic scores, you have a very low GMAT, can a expect better score from you something around 700+.Yes GMAT is at a lower side but its your over all profile which helps you getting an admit. While assessing your application, top b-schools looks for candidates who have demonstratednleadership qualities in their professional or personal lives. Leadership qualities don’t necessarily mean leading teams – they could also mean the initiatives you had taken, your achievements, impact-orientation and career progression.

It's a high to start working on your essays. Tailor your essays brilliantly in a professional and simple language. B-schools looks for the candidates carrying High Academic Ability, Impact Leadership and communication skills, Clarity of Goals and Contribution and Passionate. Make sure you build an excellent story and present it in a very professional and simple language. Try to stand out rather fitting in which makes your profile unique.Focus on your essays and feel free to reach us out for any help regarding your application.

Considering the information you have provided, below mentioned are some of the b-schools you should consider while applying.

Manchester Business School
Babson College Olin Graduate School of Business
Imperial College Business School
Wake Forest University School of Business
University of Western Ontario - Ivey
University of Toronto - Rotman
ESADE, NUS
Purdue University - Krannert School of Management

Mention more about your profile like from which institute have you graduated from, more about your achievements and your leadership skills, your professional work experience or you can also short list your b-schools by using our ingenious tool called B-School Selector by clicking on the below mentioned link.
https://www.genedmba.com/b-school-selec ... 21ppbvAEel

B-School selector is an intelligent B-Schools shortlisting tool designed by team of expert consultants graduated from Ivy League B-Schools. This tool provides the list of B-Schools where you have fair chances of getting an admission based on certain parameters like, GMAT Score, Work Experience, International Work Experience and Academic Scores.

If you want to have a detailed free profile evaluation by the top B-schools Alumni please feel free to reach us out at +91 9980044412

Thank you for the detailed information and taking time to write so many valuable inputs.
I will again ponder upon it.
GMAT Club Bot